Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, hookedontv said:

These Americans who go to other countries are so freaking lazy about learning the  language! I mean, I am not a world traveler, and most of my international travel was done before the internet (or before the internet was what it is today.)

Despite the fact that these people had months, sometimes years to learn the language, how hard is it in this day and age to at the VERY least, look up key facts about the country they are going to, and to learn key phrases that will help them once they get there (i.e. where is the bathroom, how do i find a taxi, 2 beers please, do you speak english, i am lost, etc.) 

IKR? Do they not realize they can use Duolingo?! Pimsleur?! Babble?!

1 hour ago, Trackdawg said:

giphy.gif

You know his family anal so clean, right?

41 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

Wasn't that scene with Gino?  He's in 🎶Panama🎶  Google tells me that in 🎶Panama🎶 a 10% tip at a restaurant is customary and is not already included in the bill.

Peeeeeyaaaannnimuuuuuuuhhhh!

21 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

What could go wrong?

Possibly EVERYTHING.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Gobi said:

Is Colombia one of those countries where the tip is already included? That could explain Jasmine's attitude.

Thanks for the snark! Hope everyone gets an electric toothbrush for the holidays!

Found this interesting article I thought you would enjoy reading.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 12/19/2021 at 6:09 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Do all his songs around alike or is it just me?

Yes, such consistency! Probably because he did all his vocal training under a very demanding, world-renowned voice teacher.

On 12/19/2021 at 6:12 PM, Eldemarge said:

I wonder if people go to see Usman sing live and are shocked that he can't carry a tune whatsoever

"Yo, it was a little pitchy, Dawg". He's no virtuoso, he can't hit those upper register notes he's leaping for, but I've actually heard much worse. And at least he can stay in rhythm. I've had the misfortune of working with people who could find neither the key NOR the beat! 

BTW, if it wasnt obvious, that whole scene in that studio was 🐮 💩. You could hear the finished track (with his recorded vocals), clear-as-day, going into the camera mics. Plus, the project workspace on the computer was totally blank. They didn't even bother to take the main monitor off screensaver!  🤣

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

IKR? Do they not realize they can use Duolingo?! Pimsleur?! Babble?!

I always hope these idiots aren’t relying on Google Translate because those poor translations can be unintentionally hilarious 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 12/19/2021 at 6:12 PM, Trackdawg said:

LOL. I know I fanboy the #GuitarGods with you, but my main thing (besides producing/arranging) is keys. The bandleader/producer wants me to do some comping and solos on his 45-year old Wurlitzer EP. #KindaExcitedKindaScared.

Speaking of guitar though, with the Yellowjackets (show) talk here last month, I meant to ask you if you like Robben Ford (I didn't discover him/them until I went to Dick Grove in the 90s...later found out Ferrante was my piano teacher's old roommate 😲):

I'm checking him out now.  Thanks for the recommendation!   Speaking of Wurlitzer, check out Neil Young on See the Sky About to Rain...that's a Wurlitzer and it sounds just great, even though he flubs a couple notes.

I remember seeing Neil Young on an acoustic tour playing guitar, pump organ (!!??) and Wurlitzer organ at the Paramount in Seattle....I still get chills it was such a privilege to see him up close.

Edited by Floatingbison
  • Love 3
On 12/19/2021 at 8:19 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Once again we have a retread of the "meeting a Russian woman named Alina in Turkey" story! Is everyone at Sharp in a coma or what? 

Day drinking is real.

On 12/19/2021 at 8:20 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

So does Alina bring her own WiFi hot spot with her wherever she goes? 

Snap!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 12/19/2021 at 8:04 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

He was great on The Tudors and Orphan Black

He was also good in guest spots in several episodes of Elementary and Grimm.  He is one of the few actors (Michael Sheen is the only other that comes to mind) that I'll pretty much watch anything they're in even if it doesn't interest me.

Now that I think about it, they were BOTH in TRON: Legacy.  The holy trinity of Bridges, Frain and Sheen have gotten me to watch that more than once!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, magemaud said:

And he wears a heeeyatt to meet Jeeyaaazmin. 

In a hoteeeeeeeeaaaalll.

He brings her a toothbroooouuuussshhh and a preeeeeaaagneeeeeaaaannncy teeeeeeeaaaaahhhst.

7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Duolingo es muy bueno y fácil! 

Solo un poco de Duolingo al día puede ayudarte a largo plazo.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

In a hoteeeeeeeeaaaalll.

He brings her a toothbroooouuuussshhh and a preeeeeaaagneeeeeaaaannncy teeeeeeeaaaaahhhst.

Solo un poco de Duolingo al día puede ayudarte a largo plazo.

Like Jazmin is not on three types of birth control.  Like she is getting knocked up by this loser.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Like Jazmin is not on three types of birth control.  Like she is getting knocked up by this loser.

I would not want to be knocked up by a random creepy American tourist whom I just met in person and barely even know.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I would not want to be knocked up by a random creepy American tourist whom I just met in person and barely even know.

Whaaaat?  You have standards???  Seriously, I should have also said Jaaaaaazmeeeene will never be pregnant by this loser.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 12/21/2021 at 10:49 AM, Floatingbison said:

I'm checking him out now.  Thanks for the recommendation!   Speaking of Wurlitzer, check out Neil Young on See the Sky About to Rain...that's a Wurlitzer and it sounds just great, even though he flubs a couple notes.

I remember seeing Neil Young on an acoustic tour playing guitar, pump organ (!!??) and Wurlitzer organ at the Paramount in Seattle....I still get chills it was such a privilege to see him up close.

My pleasure! I have plenty of other 🎸recommendations -- I'm sure you know Pat Matheny and John Scofield -- but most of my faves are on the funkier side, like my fellow Musicians Institute alum Norman Brown; Earth, Wind, & Fire's Johnny Graham and Al McKay; or Simon Bartholomew from The Brand New Heavies.

I will look for a recording that Neil Young acoustic tour! I am sad to admit, I have neither heard of nor seen a pump organ. Maybe @renatae or her illustrious teacher has? 

But sorry for the detour, folks. Back to the organ that I know y'all REALLY care about:

giphy.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Trackdawg said:

I will look for a recording that Neil Young acoustic tour! I am sad to admit, I have neither heard of nor seen a pump organ. Maybe @renatae or her illustrious teacher has? 

Not sure about my illustrious teacher, but I have seen, and even played a bit, an antique pump organ. My high school friend's parents bought one while we were in high school. It was a bit like an upright piano, but more ornate. Etsy has one for sale, but I couldn't paste a link.

Coincidentally, a few years after we got married, we lived for a few years on Wurlitzer Drive in North Tonawanda,  New York. The old factory was located near the end of the drive.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane, Trackdawg!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/21/2021 at 11:49 AM, Floatingbison said:

5 hours ago, Trackdawg said:

I will look for a recording that Neil Young acoustic tour! I am sad to admit, I have neither heard of nor seen a pump organ

See those pedals?  PUMP 'EM !!!

image.thumb.png.c1de741e534371cbbae33327d0c4f9f9.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 12/19/2021 at 9:10 PM, GrammyPammy said:

SojaBoy is so full of himself!

I guess BabyGirlVisa didn’t consent to them showing any footage from her season…

I thought maybe it was because of how “problematic” she turned out to be. 

• Love 3
On 12/22/2021 at 4:26 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Whaaaat?  You have standards???  Seriously, I should have also said Jaaaaaazmeeeene will never be pregnant by this loser.

Yes, I have some common sense.

On 12/22/2021 at 10:19 PM, Back Atcha said:

But HOTEL...he's an American!   A great golden god of America!!!

It’s his TAX-PAYIN’ RIGHT! LAND OF THE FUCKING FREEEEE!

19 hours ago, magemaud said:

When Gino takes off his hat...

image.jpeg.5a0b906c5ed28ddb619eae5c578d5710.jpeg

I’m thinking he has a conehead up under there.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 12/22/2021 at 9:16 PM, OoogleEyes said:

Damn holidays. I miss my pals 

Miss you guys so mach too! Merry Christmas! Unfortunately my Christmas was ruined in the middle of the day. I was suspended once again on Reddit for saying I wanted to punch some sense into Caleb because he cares about magnum condoms and backpacks more than Alina’s special disability needs. I did not deserve that at all, and I started crying for hours knowing that I had gotten attacked on there the past few days for just stating my opinions. Someone called me “sick in the head” for saying that Brandon’s parents’ farm is a puppy mill. Someone called me a “bad bot” for saying that Caleb was wrong to book a hotel without an elevator or first floor rooms. I was gaslighted for saying that I hate Ari. Some Redditors hated me to the point that they went and downvoted every single comment of mine. I even had a bot that impersonated me copy and post some of my comments everywhere, and it was so annoying. And I finally got suspended today, which upset me to the core. And even worse, it happened on Christmas Day, which is a very special day. It shouldn’t have happened on Christmas.

I think I’m going to get off of 90 Day Fiance world on Reddit. Those two subs used to be super fun to be in (like, spring to early July) but now several people have joined, many of them trolls and miserable people who love to bully others, and they both made the subs overall trash. So mach trash that I was suspended for saying that I wanted to punch SteVen and now Caleb in the face. I think I’m going to get off that site permanently, just like I did with all other social media apps where I talked to people about 90 Day Fiance.

The Facebook groups have no idea what they were talking about, plus there were s bunch of trolls and even one that chased me in one FB group and reported every single one of my posts so that I could not like or comment any post or other comment on there. Instagram used to be fun, but it slowly became more and more toxic because I felt the accounts were ‘sensory overloading’ me (I’m autistic). And now Reddit has officially done the same thing, even though I have not wanted it to at all. I’m gonna get off that site permanently, and from now on, you guys will be my only snarking community. I am thankful that I found you guys to snark with, because my world with 90 Day Fiance would never be the same without you. And I sure as hell hope that you guys don’t get toxic one day. Thank you so mach for making 90 Day Fiance a whole lotta fun for me! Really appreciate it! You all are the best of the best!

• Love 2

@Hotel Snarker, guess the folks on the sites you mentioned never got the memo: Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. I don’t understand people fighting about these CARICATURES on a friggin’ tv show who are meaningless in real life. They aren’t even real on their own reality show! 

You being off those sites is their loss. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
19 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

And I sure as hell hope that you guys don’t get toxic one day. Thank you so mach for making 90 Day Fiance a whole lotta fun for me! Really appreciate it! You all are the best of the best!

Are you kidding? We'll be in line to punch Reddit in the face. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Hello peeps! I hope everyone had a lovely holiday. I am so tired today after pouring wine down my neck all day at my brother's house. Looking forward to revving up the Snarkmobile and peeling out! 

@Hotel Snarker, forget those assholes. I know how upsetting it is to have horrible online interactions, its no fun. Hang in there! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
18 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

@Hotel Snarker, guess the folks on the sites you mentioned never got the memo: Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one. I don’t understand people fighting about these CARICATURES on a friggin’ tv show who are meaningless in real life. They aren’t even real on their own reality show! 

You being off those sites is their loss. 

Yeah, apparently people weren't having it when I said on there that I cannot stand and hate Ari. They banned me from the uncensored sub for 17 days just for that. And recently they weren't having it when I said that Caleb was fetishizing Alina's disability. People have said the exact same thing on there and gotten thousands of upvotes and agreements. I just don't understand.

10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

@Hotel Snarker i am so sorry that happened to you, especially on Christmas!

IKR? That should not have happened on one of my favorite holidays at all. Ever.

23 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Are you kidding? We'll be in line to punch Reddit in the face. 

I was just permanently banned from there hours ago, and I feel like I want to punch Reddit in the face a hundred thousand times.

• Love 10

@ Hotel Snarker, I think you are wise to stay off of reddit for a while if that’s what’s going on.  We all have varying opinions here but I’ve never seen too many people going after others aggressively on any of the Primetimer forums.  

I’m happy to be here tonight.  It’s been a busy few days and I’m ready to just relax!  Hope everyone joyed their holiday celebrations! 🎄❤️🎁

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
Just now, Angry Moldovan said:

Don’t expect much,  ate too much Turkey (everything is better there) and now I’m so full and sleepy I can barely type. Hope you all had a great holiday

Christmas is better in Turkey.

Alright guys, let's get it on with this episode of Before the 90 Days!

• Love 10
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

@Hotel Snarker, we love you here and nothing you can say about any of these idiots will turn us against you. 

Go to Reddit 90 day uncensored on Reddit. Fuck those other square bears with no sense of humour

Edited: they pulled this on uncensored? Bit of an oxymoron 

Edited by Angry Moldovan
  • Love 6