Type keyword(s) to search

Jackie Gillies...psychic rockstar wife!

Jackie Gillies:

jntCL27.jpg

Jackie Gillies
Jackie, the youngest of the Housewives, is confident, opinionated and spiritual. Married to Australian rocker, Silverchair drummer Ben Gillies, Jackie and Ben have recently relocated from Newcastle to Melbourne and are reveling in the city’s vibrant culture. Reconnecting 14 years after they had first met, these childhood sweethearts tied the knot in 2010. While Ben works on his second solo album, the couple is beginning to branch out in a new beverage brand endeavor – La Máscara. Croatian-born, Jackie is a highly in-demand professional psychic. Also a philanthropist and humanitarian, when Jackie isn’t attending or hosting a high profile event, she’s likely to be found enjoying an impromptu family dinner or cocktails and a dance with her girlfriends.

I love how Jackie is trying to maintain she and Ben are private people while they're famewhoring for the Housewives' franchise. If they truly wanted to be left alone they would have turned this down. Not buying it!!! Also, I guess now I'm obligated to check out Ben's new band. I knew he had one, but kind of forgot. YouTube here I come.

• Love 1

I can't stand this loudmouth, uncouth woman.

Big deal if you can fit into your wedding gown after only 3 years of marriage, and especially with no kids. Her poor servant or whatever being forced to ooh and ahh at that miraculous feat. Ugh, the desperation.

I'm pretty sure when she turned around, it wasn't even zipped up all the way in the back.

Every time her ugly, mannish face is onscreen blabbing loudly, I just want to yell, "Shut Up!"

Edited by Shelby
  • Love 2

Jackie is totally channeling the mean girls from Muriel's Wedding. When she was planning the party, I was so waiting for her to describe her crazy, rock-n-roll lifestyle ways as "We're mad!"

• Love 3

Jackie reminds me so much of Celine Dion!  The mannerisms and over-the-top gestures when she's talking.  I would love to know more about her when she was younger.  I'm thinking inexplicably popular girl in school who ignored boy till he became an "international rock star".

Edited by DangerL
  • Love 1

So, wow, Jackie can still fit into her wedding dress after three years

I am, sadly, aware of menopausal changes in women, but I did not know that one should expect big changes between the ages of about 30 and 33.

Also, I have to ask: How many people here are buying her communication with angels? I had an old friend who also said she spoke with angels, who talked to her through automatic writing. Bizarre to me, but she really believed it.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 1

This woman needs to can it with her "I'm so gorgeous, amazing, brilliant, and did I mention gorgeous?" declarations.  Honey, no.  Stawp.  You are just sort of OK.  Maybe, at best and/or after several beers, kind of cute from far away.  But really, in everyday life, a basic bitch.     

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 8

I keep wondering what Jackie's family of origin is like. I wonder if her parents are super conservative and conventionally successful and Jackie's endless affirmations are to reassure herself that her life choices are OK. Or maybe her family is sketchy and think Jackie hung the moon because she hit the jackpot with Ben.

God. This woman is so insufferable, that it's almost making this franchise unwatchable for me.

Oh .....did you know she's married to a rock star?

I'm going to hang in there though, only because I'm fascinated by Gina.

Edited by jnymph
  • Love 4

I can't tell with this woman if it is an act, or if she is as crass, unself-aware and, well, lacking in intelligence (and class) as she seems. 

I like some of the other women (Gina (even if she isn't perfect) and Chykka, and even Janet).  But this one?  Doesn't reflect well on Melbourne. :)

• Love 1

I seriously hate psychics. It really galls me when these people claim to be communicating with dead people.

She's ugly and so is her fat short and dumpy "Johnny Depp" husband.

And then to become so outraged at Gina saying that she may be talking to demons. Jackie has no idea what kind of entity she is talking to. She says it's angels, but who knows.

• Love 1
I'm thinking inexplicably popular girl in school who ignored boy till he became an "international rock star".

A small part of me hopes that it was the opposite--that he was the cool guy and she, who seems to have immigrated from Croatia as a kid, was quiet and unpopular. I'm not saying I think it's the case, but it would be a bit nice. I can't stand her but I like them together, somehow. They are so utterly convinced of their own importance, it's kind of sweet. They are happy weirdos.

I seriously hate psychics.  It really galls me when these people claim to be communicating with dead people.

Agreed. I think the other women are deferring to her way too much on this thing, even Gina--someone who twisted herself in knots only to end up saying she basically believed Jackie was psychic. The other woman who called this Jackie's "livelihood"? I sincerely hope that Jackie isn't actually charging people for these readings. (It's actually a evil-genius of a Real Housewives spinoff product.) Her true "livelihood" seems to be her husband's "international rock star" status.

I suspect that Jackie started doing the psychic thing for attention but genuinely thinks herself to be gifted.

• Love 2

Jackie, as well as the others here, are standard-issue ho-wife nitwits, in my estimation; however, i just had to come here to express my Ben love, but ONLY because every time he's on screen, I think, "It's Nigel from Spinal Tap!"

I love her snide comment that the society luncheon ladies only have money because they married it.  Did I miss something?  Did she come from old money or earn her own fortune pre-Ben?   Because you'd think they would have mentioned it.

• Love 1

I am also curious about Jackie's background. Anyone know anything about her, prior to this show? Or prior to marrying Ben? All I have ever heard was she and Ben are both from Newcastle NSW, and they met while still in school. But beyond that, nada. I wonder if she ever went to college, or anything about her family..

Did some Googling. Found this. Turns out she used to be a corporate banker. And it also says she and Ben's drinks line, La Mascara, has been available since 2013. So obviously this had to have been filmed awhile back. In 2012 maybe.

http://contentmagazine.com.au/2014/07/july-cover-story-jackie-gillies-the-believer/

Oh, and according to Ben's Wikipedia page he's a voyeur. Interesting!

Edited by fliptopbox

Jackie  is a psychic who believes in shine, shine,shine.  Obviously the women who came into money by her husband definitely not through her business of reading people is walking around with rose coloured glasses. The way she picks on Gina is a personal vendetta towards here because she had her nose put out of place because someone didn't believe her reading. Im sorry I don't like Jackie I think she is someone who is trying to fit in to a society that she fell into and there are times in the way she talks that the refinement is just not there.

• Love 3
(edited)

Watching the S1 marathon. Damn, Jackie could have some crazy eyes! She almost rivals Ramona NYC.

I binged over the weekend. Yes! Her bug eye thing was bugging the ever-living crap outta me. That, and her smile looks phony. But that could just be her thin lips.

Edited by qtpi75
(edited)

I'm going to need Jackie to put down the curling iron and hair crimper. And add about an inch of fabric length to her too tight wardrobe of dresses.

Edited by hottesthw

Her husband was in Silverchair? Interesting. I used to adore Silverchair back in the day. Their wealth (or supposed wealth) can't be all Silverchair money, right? I've only caught this show a few times so...)

It very well could be. Silverchair were huge around the world (especially in South America and Australia, of course), but only so-so here in the states because we had enough similar American alt grunge bands at the time. I think as they evolved their sound they kind of came into their own.. Ben also could have been making wise financial decisions on how to manage his money all along. I have no doubt every member of Silverchair is a millionaire, to some degree....and I think Jackie is just capitalizing on it with Ben. He's reasonably attractive, rich, seems to be a bit of a pushover, and was in one of Australia's most famous bands. She hit the jackpot.

Edited by fliptopbox