Type keyword(s) to search

90 Day: The Single Life Live Chat

• Start Topic

(edited)

Welp, that went by fast!  Hope it's only a cold Floatingbison !

That was fun, though y'all!  Have a great week!  I'm off all week because I was just about at the end of my rope with the crazy job.  Thank Jeebus for PTO!

Going to Galveston this weekend.  Hopefully, no hurricanes. Fingers crossed!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 7

Deb used to be very pretty with long legs and a gorgeous smile. She never learned to take rejection or even how to engage anyone because her looks covered a multitude of sins.

She´s lost now that her looks are faded and she never bothered to develop any social skills. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, OneGuy said:

Ed believing that anyone who doesn't immediately want to be with him is "afraid of love" is hubris at it's finest.

He seems to have rose colored eyeballs.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Alright, m’dears! Or, should I say, m’Doritos? It was an extremely fun time snarking, and I wish it could go on, but sadly it is over now. I will see you all next time for more fun and games! See some of you tomorrow around the forums! Have a great night! Peace out. Te amo. 💨

• Love 6

Well, good night peeps! Thanks for all the giggles! Have a fantastic week. No LAL for awhile, sob. Those of you who are poorly, go to bed! Drink tea! Have some toast! 

I love you all. See you next time. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

Here's Linda.  This was before my time, but what a rock goddess:

Oh man.  Anyone who was anyone in music had such admiration for her.  I saw a documentary of her fairly recently where she is lamenting the loss of her voice.  It was heartbreaking while simultaneously inspiring.

• Love 4

Tonight's episode just leaves me baffled. How does Egg not realize that just because someone isn't in love with him at first sight, doesn't mean something can't develop.

Natalie just seems to not know what she wants. She says she wants children but it doesn't look like she wants to get into a relationship which might produce some.

Jeniffer is so upset with Jesse that it lasts several episodes- next week preview  footage looks just like this weeks.

I'm not sure why Debbie is so adamant about finding love all of a sudden. I think she'd be happier just finding a new place to live that will accept all the cats.

Stephanie- nothing more to say there.

Was Syngin on tonight, and did I miss him? I see him on the promo for next week but didn't notice anything with him tonight.

Oh well, see y'all next week. Goodnight everyone! 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/9/2022 at 8:49 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Yep I agree. I would just finish the date and say later we aren’t a match.

You're right. It's torture to try to have a conversation with Nuttily. She should not be dating!  Or looking for men in the modeling industry! Her childish pouting, head tossing, refusals to answer basic Qs, etc...If I were him I'd've said thanks for the golf, but adios. What can I say, craziness, and shorts up to the butt on date 1 or 2, must appeal to some men.  

Coyote knew she wasn't into Pred a day or two into his trip and is now counting it down. He's too anxious, pushy, and over-talky. If she met him for coffee I bet in 1 hour she'd escape, like tonight. Including when he told her she must have gone "mystic" after a trauma. This fool looks like a boiled gnome... Kaory, try a spiritual or arty type of social group.  

Debbie and Coltee are both childish. If she wants to date, let her arrange her own transportation, or the guy can travel. Does she not drive? No car? Well, that limits options...and only fools don't do their research on a man before meeting him, or getting into a stranger's car. A lot of old men are looking for "a nurse or a purse" or just to sleep around.

Audrey must be making some nice pin money to put with this (or else she's an actress who doesn't know them). She needs to stay out of their arguments. Colt needs to shave that disgusting beard, take a shower, and double down on finding his Mom a decent place to live.  What else is he doing all day?? 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 4

So Ed, being Ed, of course forgot the part about his marriage blowing up because he cheated. And it's a pet peeve of mine when people ascribe someone not wanting them to some imagined flaw or neurosis ("she's afraid of love") rather than sometimes people just don't like you back.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Bees52 said:

Tonight's episode just leaves me baffled. How does Egg not realize that just because someone isn't in love with him at first sight, doesn't mean something can't develop.

I think Coyote must have a bad translation app on her phone, starting with "I feel Love" may have been too strong in English and Ed got excited but she was probably saying "like". Her second translated sentence made no sense.  Why hasn't Ed bothered to learn Spanish?  He'll have to watch the show with her words translated, especially the part about relationships need to be built, over days, weeks, months & years.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Oh Nutalie??? This guy has two baby mommas!!  You would be baby momma #3!!!!

Did you notice how Nat never mentions her three failed marriages? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Except Linda's much prettier. I love her too. I saw her in concert at the Orpheum in Boston in 1974. 

I'm not sure of the year, probably early 70s, I saw her when she opened for James Taylor at the Garden State Arts Center in NJ and the only song I knew her for was "Different Drum." Also at that concert, Carly Simon came on stage at the end to sing "Mockingbird" with JT. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Colt is driving her for 6 hours? Ouch.

For some reason, I got the impression Deb just needed a cocktail -- in the worst way!!!  Because she was out of control!  For no apparent reason.  Miffed, I could understand.  But 0 to 100 in under 30 seconds?  Screams "I've got a hankering for a drank!"  LOL

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Ed, it couldn’t POSSIBLY be you! It’s Coyote, it’s Rose, it’s always them.

She was so eloquent and quite clear and concise!  Let the relationship DEVELOP!  In other words, stop rushing everything, Ed!  Geez!  And it appeared to go right over his head!!  Why can't he understand that she just wants him to SLOW the F down, take it a bit easy and see where things go, rather than trying to stuff every woman he meets into his huge 20+ year void.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, The Pearl said:

She was so eloquent and quite clear and concise!  Let the relationship DEVELOP!  In other words, stop rushing everything, Ed!  Geez!  And it appeared to go right over his head!!  Why can't he understand that she just wants him to SLOW the F down, take it a bit easy and see where things go, rather than trying to stuff every woman he meets into his huge 20+ year void.

Really. Ed wants instant love, just add water and stir. Which is kind of a juvenile notion. Partly because as you age, you really can't factor in the immediate lust of youth that starts so many early relationships (and often backfires: See Jennifer and Jesse).

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 5/9/2022 at 8:54 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

I need your guesses on what Syngin smells like. 

Booze.  Mary Jane.  B.O.  Premium-priced shampoo and conditioner. Onions.  No dental checkups for years; maybe no brushing or flossing either.  Lingering patchouli, from Tania.  Secondhand smoke.*

*Unless it's firsthand

Edited by Tuneful
  • LOL 12
On 5/9/2022 at 7:16 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Well, according to Ed and his daughter, Miss Bitter McBittercakes, he's got one foot in the grave at the ripe old age of 56, so he's making a last grab for some fleeting happiness before he joins the choir invisible. 

I wonder if his condition causes an ahem shorter life expectancy.

On 5/9/2022 at 7:24 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Driving from Vegas to San Diego for a first date is really, really weird and desperate.

And if the date goes well then what?

• LOL 3
On 5/9/2022 at 7:29 PM, Gobi said:

"We ended up taking a bath together. Bottles of the bath water are available for the low, low price of $39.99, plus shipping and handling."

They took a bath partially clothed.  They were the definition of sexy.

On 5/9/2022 at 7:31 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

Steph's exciting sexy night according to her guy: "We passed out."

All that beer pong takes a toll. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 5/9/2022 at 7:42 PM, goofygirl said:

I think just one.

Oh Nutalie??? This guy has two baby mommas!!  You would be baby momma #3!!!!

She's ready to kick him to the curb. You can tell.

She is pretty judgmental for someone working on her third divorce and dating while married.  And why didn’t she have “keeds” with the first two husbands if it’s such a priority?

• Love 5
On 5/9/2022 at 7:48 PM, Floatingbison said:

I've said this before, but Nutalie's face looks like three or four faces all squished together.

It’s like a deflated cabbage patch face.  And she could be a raccoon at a Plushie convention without a costume.

On 5/9/2022 at 7:53 PM, Floatingbison said:

I was gonna say, Ed's girlfriend is  really cute.  

But the Toni Tenille haircut has to go.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 5/9/2022 at 7:54 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

The Doritos?! I am laughing so, so mach right now! I mean, I almost collapsed! Dear God, please don’t do this to me again.

Since the live chat is winding down, I need your guesses on what Syngin smells like. I’ll go first: Sourpuss, human sweat, garbage, maybe a hint of egg in there somewhere…

Fermented cabbage.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 5/9/2022 at 5:54 PM, Hotel Snarker said:

The Doritos?! I am laughing so, so mach right now! I mean, I almost collapsed! Dear God, please don’t do this to me again.

Since the live chat is winding down, I need your guesses on what Syngin smells like. I’ll go first: Sourpuss, human sweat, garbage, maybe a hint of egg in there somewhere…

Old bong water and nacho cheese.

• LOL 4
16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

And if the date goes well then what?

It’s no big deal! Not in this case.

On 5/10/2022 at 1:58 PM, JeanJean said:

Really. Ed wants instant love, just add water and stir. Which is kind of a juvenile notion. Partly because as you age, you really can't factor in the immediate lust of youth that starts so many early relationships (and often backfires: See Jennifer and Jesse).

And every woman he dates must be afraid of love when they turn against him.

15 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Because he is The Love Machine.

And he won’t work for nobody but you!

21 hours ago, Tuneful said:

Booze.  Mary Jane.  B.O.  Premium-priced shampoo and conditioner. Onions.  No dental checkups for years; maybe no brushing or flossing either.  Lingering patchouli, from Tania.  Secondhand smoke.*

*Unless it's firsthand.

May I add to that a wet towel?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

@Floatingbison, are you feeling better? I hope it’s not COVID or anything of that sort. Today when I went to work, everyone was talking about how “You need to distance from me because of COVID” or “You can’t do ________ because of COVID” or “You need to take extra precautions before you ________ because we don’t want you to get COVID”. I heard the word COVID close to 30 times today, and it was so exhausting. I understand people wanting to be safe and not get sick and all that, but all this shit numbed my mind so much that I wish we would be snarking every day on here now. You guys are like my respite from the challenges of everyday life. I miss the snark deeply. I love going to work, but not being able to do the things I relish a lot with my buddies due to COVID is really taking a toll on me. It defeats me. I had a cold at the beginning of May and even went to the doctor to get a COVID test. We did it the right way, and it was negative. My other 10 coworkers who got the same symptoms tested positive last Monday. It is honestly astonishing. Lucky me!

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

I had a cold at the beginning of May and even went to the doctor to get a COVID test. 

People around can talk as much as they want, and more, about preventing COVID. I'm high-risk. I don't see many masks being worn. I understand getting tired of hearing about it, though.

I have a relative from outside the U.S. who is on a month-long trip visiting a bunch of cities and two countries (U.S. and Mexico) taking her 18-month old baby along the whole time, No precautions. I'm terrified and can't understand that attitude.

To the cold, I had a cold in late April that was BAD! And it was going around. I came down with it for a week, was really sick for a week, and then it took about 10 days to get over it. I hope you are recovered Hotel Snarker! I too find this site gives laughter therapy and a sense of perspective--compared from the dolts on 90DF I'm not as much of a dolt as I think. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

@Floatingbison, are you feeling better? I hope it’s not COVID or anything of that sort. Today when I went to work, everyone was talking about how “You need to distance from me because of COVID” or “You can’t do ________ because of COVID” or “You need to take extra precautions before you ________ because we don’t want you to get COVID”. I heard the word COVID close to 30 times today, and it was so exhausting. 

I have a friend who is so concerned about getting sick she carries around sanitizer and lysol. Guess I need to get her a personalized holster to carry it all in.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

@Floatingbison, are you feeling better? I hope it’s not COVID or anything of that sort. Today when I went to work, everyone was talking about how “You need to distance from me because of COVID” or “You can’t do ________ because of COVID” or “You need to take extra precautions before you ________ because we don’t want you to get COVID”. I heard the word COVID close to 30 times today, and it was so exhausting. I understand people wanting to be safe and not get sick and all that, but all this shit numbed my mind so much that I wish we would be snarking every day on here now. You guys are like my respite from the challenges of everyday life. I miss the snark deeply. I love going to work, but not being able to do the things I relish a lot with my buddies due to COVID is really taking a toll on me. It defeats me. I had a cold at the beginning of May and even went to the doctor to get a COVID test. We did it the right way, and it was negative. My other 10 coworkers who got the same symptoms tested positive last Monday. It is honestly astonishing. Lucky me!

I'm still sick, @Hotel Snarker, thank you for asking.

Day 3.5 out of the office.   This is the longest I've been out for a long time.  Fortunately I don't have hearings scheduled, so the timing has been good.  I can do stuff around the house but I lose energy after about 20 minutes.  My taste and smell are fine, so I'm still covid free, (although I strongly suspect I had covid in February 2020, before it was trending).

Edited by Floatingbison
4 hours ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I have a friend who is so concerned about getting sick she carries around sanitizer and lysol. Guess I need to get her a personalized holster to carry it all in.

I carry sanitizer in both vehicles, and I'll do that even after this stuff is over.  I went two years without getting sick and I attribute that in part to using hand sanitizer  a lot.  I'm pretty sure that I got my current cold from my secretary, who was sick last weekend.  

No, I was just in proximity to her nothing more, so everyone just get their minds out of the gutter!

• LOL 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, Floatingbison said:

I carry sanitizer in both vehicles, and I'll do that even after this stuff is over.  I went two years without getting sick and I attribute that in part to using hand sanitizer  a lot.  I'm pretty sure that I got my current cold from my secretary, who was sick last weekend.  

No, I was just in proximity to her nothing more, so everyone just get their minds out of the gutter!

Hope you feel better soon! I got a head cold/ flu kind of sickness in March. It wrestled me to the ground and kicked my ass, but it wasn’t Covid.

Edited by Texasmom1970
Obviously my brain can’t spell today.
  • Love 2
On 5/11/2022 at 8:26 PM, Tuneful said:

People around can talk as much as they want, and more, about preventing COVID. I'm high-risk. I don't see many masks being worn. I understand getting tired of hearing about it, though.

I have a relative from outside the U.S. who is on a month-long trip visiting a bunch of cities and two countries (U.S. and Mexico) taking her 18-month old baby along the whole time, No precautions. I'm terrified and can't understand that attitude.

To the cold, I had a cold in late April that was BAD! And it was going around. I came down with it for a week, was really sick for a week, and then it took about 10 days to get over it. I hope you are recovered Hotel Snarker! I too find this site gives laughter therapy and a sense of perspective--compared from the dolts on 90DF I'm not as much of a dolt as I think. 

On 5/12/2022 at 1:06 PM, Floatingbison said:

I'm still sick, @Hotel Snarker, thank you for asking.

Day 3.5 out of the office.   This is the longest I've been out for a long time.  Fortunately I don't have hearings scheduled, so the timing has been good.  I can do stuff around the house but I lose energy after about 20 minutes.  My taste and smell are fine, so I'm still covid free, (although I strongly suspect I had covid in February 2020, before it was trending).

Yes, I am feeling better! And I hope @Floatingbison is better now too!

On 5/12/2022 at 1:11 PM, Floatingbison said:

My mother did the same thing with the excessive amounts of hand sanitizer in order to keep safe!

• Love 2