Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13 Kicking Off Houston

• Start Topic

On 7/7/2021 at 10:32 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Not sure what there is to catch up on since they never go away!

Right.  Same couples returning each time.  Once was enough.  I don’t want to see every birth on tv also.  I’ll bet those husbands don’t even want to be there.  My husband checked me in three times, then I told him to go home and wait for the call.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/9/2021 at 7:40 AM, Hangin Out said:

I don’t want to see every birth on tv also.

I wish I could like this one thousand times! I am still traumatized by Jamie's home water birth!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I'm leaving this show at 9 to watch something else. 

I'm sorry to be so shallow so soon, I don't like how Jose's lips stick out from the surrounding beard and moustache.   It just makes his lips look weird.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I missed the matchmaking episode so this was my introduction to the couples. There's a good rationale for any matches and a bad rationale for any matches of course it's all a crapshoot. In addition the editing also shaping our vision of who these people are. They seem like they'll be entertaining and  although I watch for the psychological sociological  experiment" I'm watching for entertainment.  A couple where the woman has all of her pictures on her own wall seems to be the least possible compatible. Should I search for the matchmaking episode on YouTube?

Edited by Kira53
I don't remember to proofread.
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'm sorry to be so shallow so soon, I don't like how Jose's lips stick out from the surrounding beard and moustache.   It just makes his lips look weird.  

I cannot get past that.

Who was that unfortunate looking person in the black dress with white embroidery? 

I fell asleep during the show and woke up to Vinnie and Brianna playing the shoe game then realized I did not have to watch the rest of the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Why do the women come dressed like they are going to the prom or something?  (That the strange question that kept floating through my head - you can tell I wasn't engrossed). 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Who was that unfortunate looking person in the black dress with white embroidery? 

She is the teevee critic for the LATimes wearing a Transylvania Bat inspired dress/cape.

Her unsightly hunched posture mimicking the winged furry rodent bothered me more than her black with white embroidered wear.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Beth and those green eyes!!!  Yikes she looked like Halloween!

Why do they do that.  She's an attractive woman!

I think the fancy clothes are for the show!  They bump it up dressed to the nines!

Edited by Jeanne222
19 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Beth and those green eyes!!!  Yikes she looked like Halloween!

Oh come on, you know emerald green eyeshadow is a must!! 

Were the makeup people drunk?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Oh come on, you know emerald green eyeshadow is a must!! 

Were the makeup people drunk?

They must be using the same make-up people they use on Sister Wives!  They look horrible in those season finals!

• LOL 3
(edited)

LOL, OK - I didn't watch the show but the fact that those of you who did just commented on eye shadow and someone's lips makes me think that there wasn't much to see here. I think I will wait a few more weeks to see if I want tune in. I am ready for all of these past couples to just go away. All of them. And take the phony predictions with them from people who have no more idea than we do. I don't like that they added this 3 hours to the mess that is awaiting us. And Kevin Frazier will never be the same to me, so I am done watching him, too.

BUT, I will continue to check this board daily!

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 2

watched a few minutes and decided it was a waste of my time.

who are they and who cares what these 4 people think?!

and since they filmed it, the couples they said were still together have broken up, so ...

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

What the what was that?  Three hours?  Fortunately I was able to get through this fairly quickly (thanks dvr!).  I ended up fast-forwarded all of the "peeks" and a lot of the redundancy.  However, I could not get through Jaime and Beth fast enough (they think they are so cutting-edge and fashionable).  I did watch Keith/Christina and Derek/Mindy (oh and Vinnie and Brianna).  I just don't understand why Katie was so repulsed by Derek but am very happy for him that they divorced.  He is traveling and enjoying life.  Mindy still seems very, very hurt (more so by her formerly 'good' friend than by Zack).  I hope the best for her as she works through her experience.

I did listen for a moment to Paige/Haley.  They both just bothered me.  Haley seems very self-satisfied.

Nothing new and, again, I am so thankful for my dvr...

• Love 7

I admit I like the predictions, but I cannot stand the insertion of the prior couples and participants. That is what made this stupid show 3 fucking hours long. My God, why do they need to be there? Other than the divorcees, the others are already on couples cam! And I do not need to see Hayley and Paige ever again. Again alluding to Jacob being bad in the sack. How many times does this woman need to go on national tv and coyly hint at this? And fuck Kevin for continuing to ask about it. I am sure he would love if some woman kept going on tv multiple times and insinuating he was a terrible lover. Sorry for the potty mouth but after enduring this for three hours I'm salty. ;-0

Ok, rant over (sort of). I think this season is going to be just as big of a disaster as Atlanta. My predictions:

Zach & Michaela - Divorce. She is going to find him boring. Not Henry and Christina levels, but they are a mismatch to me.

Johnny & Bao - Stay married. I think the "I know her!" and "Oh my God, it's Johnny" face is a misdirect.

Ryan & Brett - Divorce. Another shit Ryan. MAFS, if anyone in the future named Ryan applies, put that application straight in the circular file.

Jose & Rachel - Divorce. I don't think he is going to find her attractive.

Gil & Myrla - Divorce. Total mismatch for drama.

Anybody else think otherwise????

• Love 8

I had to watch this in segments to get through it.  Why do they keep bringing Hayley and Paige back?  Hayley looks like she has gained weight.  Her face is much fuller.  I really can't stand her.

I think they upped this show to 5 couples so they would have a better chance of at least one couple lasting.  They sure want the drama.  I think this season might be a trainwreck.  Jose is not going to be happy with his match.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

She is the teevee critic for the LATimes wearing a Transylvania Bat inspired dress/cape.

Her unsightly hunched posture mimicking the winged furry rodent bothered me more than her black with white embroidered wear.

I thought she might be disabled. It seem like somebody who might basically use a wheelchair but they wanna sit in a regular chair so no one knows that. She looked very unfortunate and I did feel sorry for her even though she was getting exposure on TV for her reporting career.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

I thought she might be disabled. It seem like somebody who might basically use a wheelchair but they wanna sit in a regular chair so no one knows that. She looked very unfortunate and I did feel sorry for her even though she was getting exposure on TV for her reporting career.

Her name is Amy Kaufman.

A quick search does not mention anything other than her writing credentials…as it should.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, LakeGal said:

I think they upped this show to 5 couples so they would have a better chance of at least one couple lasting.  

If that's the case then they should try to ensure that one of them should be "boring" like Jessica and Austin, for example, so they'd get at least one likable match per season!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I admit I like the predictions, but I cannot stand the insertion of the prior couples and participants. That is what made this stupid show 3 fucking hours long.

I'm with you--I like the predictions and couldn't care less about any of the prior participants.  The panelists don't just predict--they say what they're basing their predictions on, and it's interesting how people can see things differently. 

Like the fireman who said he wants someone who's "very low maintenance," and was matched with a woman who has her eyelashes done every week; said, "I do a little botox because I want to look like J.Lo when I'm 50"; and has photos of herself doing backbend yoga poses on her wall.  The LA Times critic sees trouble ahead, and everybody else is all like "Once she has a dude she's going to be putting pictures of THEM up and posting pictures of THEM on instagram, and it's all going to be okay."  They also pointed out that he was shown getting a manicure; I guess a man's manicure is equal to a woman's weekly eyelashes and botox when it comes to level of maintenance?

I couldn't disagree with them more, and I was actually thinking about ignoring this season but I really really want to see how that one works out because it's so obvious to me and the LA Times critic, and nobody else, and I'm dying to know who's going to turn out to be totally wrong.

I'm also kind of impressed at the candor the panelists are allowed to have, when talking about the various cast members' personalities and appearances. 

9 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Again alluding to Jacob being bad in the sack. How many times does this woman need to go on national tv and coyly hint at this? And fuck Kevin for continuing to ask about it. I am sure he would love if some woman kept going on tv multiple times and insinuating he was a terrible lover.

They played a clip of the panelists on last season all saying, "He was terrible in bed!" and then Kevin asked Haley if that's what happened and she said "You know..." Maybe the beginning of coyly hinting, but she was interrupted when the LA Times critic said "Yes" and everybody started laughing.  Then Haley said, "There were a lot of factors that played into it. Mostly not being able to have a conversation."  I think that was actually kind of polite.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Haley seems very self-satisfied.

This! I suppose I do need to give her some credit though for either not reading or reading and subsequently totally forgetting all the negative posts about her on social media since her season aired. She still seems entirely oblivious to the fact that a notable percentage of MAFS viewers don’t find her to be the cute, charming, witty girl she seems to think she is. I thought she was unnecessarily rude and mean to Jake during all but the first few days of their marriage (you can find someone unattractive and still be polite to him or her), and she invested far too much time trying to recruit people around her onto her “Jake sucks” team. That was completely unnecessary and actually shows how insecure she truly is - she clearly needed validation from others that her decision to treat Jake with such contempt was well founded. She even mentioned on this dumb Kevin show how the opinions of others during the process made her second guess her own position. Friends, family, etc. must have told her that she was being a judgmental bi*** and that she wrote off Jake too fast, especially given the nature/structure of the 8 week experiment. It’s not that hard to just be nice to someone. Plus her competitive side left a lot to be desired…it’s hard to be a bad winner and a bad loser, but she somehow managed. Anyway…why they had her on this show and why Kevin still seems to support her and protect her from scrutiny is beyond me. 

It’s too bad - I had completely forgotten all about her but seeing her on this episode brought up all my frustrations with her crappy behavior all over again. Note to MAFS production and Kevin: I think it’s safe to say that Haley is NOT a “fan favorite”. Quit pretending that she was. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• Love 9

@Spectator, there are a few Haley fans on this board, but many of us aren't - at all. I do wish they would make those last season players go away so we can focus on the new group of participants without having to rehash the Jake/Haley debate every week. I can only hope that they don't decide to make Haley and Paige the next couple on Couples' Cam (which I don't watch anyway, but others do), since those two seem to love the face time and both enjoy playing the injured victim martyr (which they do get plenty of support for).

• Love 7

@Spectator and @Retired at last please come sit next to me where we can share our loathing of Hayley en masse! I probably wouldn't care that much about her, but this show will not let it die, and there she is yet again smugly smiling and dragging Jake for the hundredth time.  At this point I am more annoyed by her than Chris because he is nowhere to be seen.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

@Spectator and @Retired at last please come sit next to me where we can share our loathing of Hayley en masse! I probably wouldn't care that much about her, but this show will not let it die, and there she is yet again smugly smiling and dragging Jake for the hundredth time.  At this point I am more annoyed by her than Chris because he is nowhere to be seen.

Can I sit there also?

How do I get Hayley off my TV?? She add no value to this new season.

• Love 8

In theory, I don't mind seeing people from past seasons, but in practice, they're usually boring or annoying. I really enjoyed seeing Derek and Mindy, though. Maybe the show should consider spotlighting the most likable or interesting people, period, rather than the "successful" couples. With people like Derek and Mindy, it's not even their fault they're not still married, since they were set up to fail. If I were younger and single, Derek could take me to Japan anytime.

Speaking of MAFS dreamboats, I'd love to see more of Neil, although I suspect he's done with the show for good. What would be truly amazing, and will never happen, is a panel of the Biggest MAFS Messes of all time. Get the loose cannons and eye-rollers in there and sic them on the new cast. Make sure your waivers are locked down and bring us Mia! Dallas Amber + some party juice. Henry with the mic turned up so we can hear the catty comments. Where is Vaughn and is he still a little mean? Nate ended up sucking as a husband, but he is pretty funny.

The LA Times reporter seemed to be one of those people who's more interesting in print than in person. She had some good insights but she didn't have a magnetic presence like the tall lady nearest to the cameras (sorry, their names have slipped right out my brain sieve) or wry charm like the one in the middle. And I know Kevin is controversial, but I'm fond of him. 

On seeing the same footage again this week (AKA, Lifetime making a "new" episode), I'm even more wary about Johnny and Bao. It seriously feels like the producers were playing Guess Who and were like "Is your person is Asian with Asian heritage from Asia?" and the other was like "Yes! How'd you know?!" "Is she a little controlling and set in her ways?" "Totally! Does your guy have some vague and generic traits I won't bother to elaborate on?" "Fer sure! Do you think they already know each other?" "IDK. Wanna get some nachos?" and so they called it a match and headed to Chuy's.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Speaking of MAFS dreamboats, I'd love to see more of Neil, although I suspect he's done with the show for good. What would be truly amazing, and will never happen, is a panel of the Biggest MAFS Messes of all time. Get the loose cannons and eye-rollers in there and sic them on the new cast. Make sure your waivers are locked down and bring us Mia! Dallas Amber + some party juice. Henry with the mic turned up so we can hear the catty comments. Where is Vaughn and is he still a little mean? Nate ended up sucking as a husband, but he is pretty funny.

I love this idea and would 100% watch this! I love Neil!

• Love 2
On 7/15/2021 at 6:07 PM, Kira53 said:

Right she looked very dowdy and was such a Debbie Downer the whole episode. She's gonna watch this back and regret her outit and posture.

Zach & Michaela - Divorce. She is going to find him boring. Not Henry and Christina levels, but they are a mismatch to me.

Divorce. He's quiet and calm, playing the piano alone in his apartment. She's loud and obnoxious, grinding at the clubs. Also, I don't think he's gonna find her attractive. 

Johnny & Bao - Stay married. I think the "I know her!" and "Oh my God, it's Johnny" face is a misdirect.

Married 🤞. They are both so cute. She might be a little hard to live with, though. Hopefully he's patient with her, but I sense he's got a strong personality that is not gonna fold to her whim very quickly. 

Ryan & Brett - Divorce. Another shit Ryan. MAFS, if anyone in the future named Ryan applies, put that application straight in the circular file.

Divorce. I think they are equal in the attractiveness scale, but he might expect more. I truly believe she's his equal, though. 

Divorce. This is another couple I think is equal on the attractiveness scale. I don't think they'll have an issue with each other's looks, but with finances and social activity. This is Brett and Olivia all over again. 

Married 🤞. They are hot! Very attractive couple. However, she's too high maintenance with her designer bags and shoes and he lives on a firefighter salary. But she also has a vulnerable side having grown up with domestic abuse so maybe Gil is her hero. Maybe.

On 7/15/2021 at 2:16 PM, LakeGal said:

Hayley looks like she has gained weight.  Her face is much fuller. 

I've always thought her jawline was unattractive.

14 hours ago, Retired at last said:

@Spectator, I can only hope that they don't decide to make Haley and Paige the next couple on Couples' Cam 

😳 dont give them any ideas!

• Love 4
(edited)

I’m so tired of the show bringing back previous couples/cast for advice (“Communicate!” Is the advice.  Duh.)
I am over it.  This episode could have been a hour or less without them. 

I tried to sit through it…but got to Keith and Christine, fast forwarded and caught a glimpse of Haley and turned it off and deleted.  Blah. I can’t stand Haley   She’s so brittle and mean.  

I also think the “oh no it’s JOHNNY” is a misdirect by the editors. 

Edited by Meowwww
Punctuation
  • Love 3
On 7/17/2021 at 12:06 AM, Blissfool said:

Divorce. This is another couple I think is equal on the attractiveness scale.

I agree Jose and Rachel are equally attractive, but I think he thinks he deserves someone super hot. She is pretty, but I don't think he will find her so judging by his laundry list of requirements.

On 7/17/2021 at 9:53 AM, Meowwww said:

I’m so tired of the show bringing back previous couples/cast for advice (“Communicate!” Is the advice.  Duh.)

And don't forget the old chestnut "Compromise"! But agreed, they add absolutely zero. I don't mind a little catch up with the divorced people from prior seasons (I liked hearing from Derek and Mindy), but maybe make that another show altogether. And those two women from the season that won't die do not need to be there. There is no need to catch up with them since they have been on my tv for seven months straight now........

• Love 6
On 7/15/2021 at 1:36 PM, Ilovepie said:

Ok, rant over (sort of). I think this season is going to be just as big of a disaster as Atlanta. My predictions:

I'm with you and the LA reporter on the predictions.  She may have been a Debbie Downer but I agree with her that this season looks like another train wreck.   I wonder if that tall woman on the left was paid by production to thumbs up every couple and obnoxiously push how much she loves them.  I was rolling my eyes a few times and the LA reporter had that "is this chick for real?" look on her face, LOL.

The only way I was able to push through this episode was to watch it in hour increments on different days while multitasking online.  Otherwise I am sure I would have wanted to slit my wrists by the time it was all over.

Bao and Johnny knowing each other reminds me of Bennett & Amelia.  We speculated with them that production was in on it beforehand and perhaps they signed up to do this just for the TV exposure whether or not they were really in a relationship with each other.  Bao and Johnny may already be a couple or just friends doing this to get on TV.   I don't know, I'm skeptical and smell a setup.  The show makes them admit publicly that they know each other to cover their asses in case anyone from their real life is watching and knows that. 

Once again it looks like the show is aiming more for drama than real matches.  It is so obvious that some of these people are diametrically opposed on so many personality traits, like extreme emotional extroverts paired with closed-off, cerebral introverts, that it could only be done to encourage maximum drama.  Unfortunately in most cases those opposites end up clashing, not complementing each other.

Add me to the list of shallow people who find Jose's beard look unattractive.  I hate it when the mustache and beard completely circle a guy's mouth and is very thick and dark right up to full red lips.  UGH, just describing it makes me throw up in my mouth a little.  🤮

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Add me to the list of shallow people who find Jose's beard look unattractive.  I hate it when the mustache and beard completely circle a guy's mouth and is very thick and dark right up to full red lips.  UGH, just describing it makes me throw up in my mouth a little.  🤮

That's a very accurate description and no way would I want to kiss a man who looked like that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/14/2021 at 7:24 PM, Crashcourse said:

I absolutely agree. It makes him look repulsive to me.  It's a visceral reaction but it is my reaction.  It makes his lips look like an ugly cartoon.

5 hours ago, antfitz said:

I absolutely agree. It makes some look repulsive to me.  It's a visceral reaction but it is my reaction.

How many think miss Gucci/prada and the fireman are going to last?? She is not only high maintenance,  but full of herself.

On 7/21/2021 at 2:33 PM, Crashcourse said:

That's a very accurate description and no way would I want to kiss a man who looked like that. 

I agree completely. 

Edited by antfitz
  • Love 3
On 7/15/2021 at 12:36 PM, Ilovepie said:

I admit I like the predictions, but I cannot stand the insertion of the prior couples and participants. That is what made this stupid show 3 fucking hours long. My God, why do they need to be there? Other than the divorcees, the others are already on couples cam! And I do not need to see Hayley and Paige ever again. Again alluding to Jacob being bad in the sack. How many times does this woman need to go on national tv and coyly hint at this? And fuck Kevin for continuing to ask about it. I am sure he would love if some woman kept going on tv multiple times and insinuating he was a terrible lover. Sorry for the potty mouth but after enduring this for three hours I'm salty. ;-0

I liked Haley and I couldn't stand Jacob.

• Love 2