Type keyword(s) to search

Season 23 Live Feeds Discussion

Message added by statsgirl,

We understand that some hot button topics are coming up this season, such as with the Cookout. Reminder that it's ok to disagree but do NOT break our Be Civil rule. Keep your comments about the show, NOT about the people on this forum. If you can't disagree civilly and without talking about the posters, utilize the Ignore User function or scroll past their posts. And reminder that there is more to this season than the Cookout so if you feel like a conversation is going in circles, feel free to move on to something else. Going forward, unwillingness to adhere to these rules will result in warnings.

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

Alyssa and X can't play no matter what. SB and Ky can only play if they get 100 from both America and the envelope.

Good to know.  I already sent my votes to Claire since it sounds like Hannah already has enough $$ to play no matter what.  

1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

Can Xavier be the third nominee this week?

Xavier will be a third nom this week.  The punishment was for X to be a third nom at “first available opportunity” - which meant the only way X wouldn’t be 3rd nom is if he won HoH.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, blixie said:

Nah, it was NOT PLAYING ROULETTE. He knows it's we know it Hannah definitely fucking knows it. He woulda wiped the floor with Alyssa and he could have an should have lied to Hannah about it since they didn't even reveal who played only the winner. Also there is always multiple hinge plays in the game.  Also of course not dismissing the idea of the CO as crazy joke he nor Claire should take seriously. So basically DereX has a lot of failures so many. But those are the big one and the most recent one. 

So, what we've got here is failure to communicate a domino sitch. Christian was the first domino, not playing in the roulette was the end domino. Again, I say:

c3049f3062ab9ced606a26602afbc9a3.gif

• Love 2

These are the current HGs’ BB Bucks balances:

• Alyssa: $0
  • Azah: $100
  • Claire: $100
  • Derek F: $250 - already a lock to play
  • Hannah: $150
  • Kyland: $50
  • Sarah Beth: $50
  • Tiffany: $75
  • Xavier: $0

Unless Production has slipped one or more oversized envelopes into the mix, the most any HG can get from their individual envelope is $100 - plus, there’s up to $100 chances in play for three HGs from America’s Vote.

So - theoretically - in addition to DerF, the following HGs might collect the $250 needed to play Coin of Destiny (showing possible max BB Bucks option):

• Azah: up to $300
  • Claire: up to $300
  • Hannah: up to $350
  • Kyland: up to $250
  • SB: up to $250
  • Tiffany: up to $275

The only HGs absolutely out of the running for CoD are Alyssa and Xavier; even if they have $100 in the envelope + $100 from America, neither will have enough to participate.

ETA: Every remaining HG is guaranteed at least $100 more ($50 from envelope, $50 from America), so Hannah is a lock to play as well.

Edited by Nashville
  • Useful 4
58 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Alyssa thinks Derek X was referring to her as the Nicole F game.

Of course she does.  After he said it they panned the room and I thought "I bet Alyssa thinks he's talking about her.  Not because she's playing any type of game, just because I think Alyssa thinks most things are about her.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, leocadia said:

Of course she does.  After he said it they panned the room and I thought "I bet Alyssa thinks he's talking about her.  Not because she's playing any type of game, just because I think Alyssa thinks most things are about her.

It is funny how Alyssa thinks everything is about herself. At this point she is most likely one to comp out. 

• Love 2

Can anyone give me the original context of Tiffany saying "Fuck Sarah Beth and I said that shit"?  I see the video floating all over Twitter being used extremely gleefully (not to mention the hashtag #FSBAISTS), and that's wonderful, but when did this originally happen and why?  Thank you

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, leocadia said:

She’s so vain… I bet she thinks this song is about her…

1 hour ago, leocadia said:

Does anyone know if the Ky/Hannah votes for DereX to stay were known sympathy votes or a sneak attack trying to pin the rogue votes on Tiff/Azah?  I didn't get too excited when Hannah did it, but I honestly thought he had a chance when Ky did too.   

And why didn’t Tiff and Azah cast their votes for him? Did they not know the other two votes were happening? Or did they change their minds and decide Derex wasn’t their best play after all? I am confused.

At least Deref and Ky can’t implement their master plan and implicate Tiffany as the stealth HoH’er to put up SB and Alyssa. Although Tiff will probably put up SB and Alyssa anyway, so whatevs.

• LOL 2

Heh.  I do kind of get a kick out of the CO negotiations, passive aggressively trying to keep "their" person to the end, coming up with 'reasons' why it's best for the group.  This session with Tiff and Derek F right now is especially funny.  What they DON'T say is -  Tiff wants Claire to be last because if she won HOH, she'd go after the guys.  Derek F wants Alyssa to be last because if she won HOH, she'd go after the women.  No one is going to change either one's minds, but Tiff is HOH so it's Derek F's turn to pretend to care what she's saying.

But Derek F saying "A man needs to win next week to take out Claire, and a woman needs to win next to take out Alyssa" should be raising ALL of the red flags.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

I, uh, may have written a last-minute paper after accidentally ODing on Vivarin the night before it was due. I don't recommend it—I felt like Apu that time he thought he was a hummingbird.

apu-simpsons.gif.d02f1ba24435ce4200777cad0a6fcba1.gif

FWIW, I got an A- on the paper. The professor liked everything about it except "the abrupt ending."

5 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I had the opposite experience. The day of my college English Lit final I was getting a cold. About an hour before I went in to write it, someone handed me Contact C, the drowsy variety. Stupidly, never having taken it before, I took it, and spent the next couple of hours in a near-coma. I ended up with the worst English mark of my life. 

I don’t know who saw my earlier post before I excised it, but let’s just say my process for a particular final thesis was (a) unbelievably filthy, (b) completely immoral, and (c) utterly fanfuckingtastic.  
And I got an A on that bitch

ETA: ….oh, almost forgot - and (d) illegal on multiple levels in several states.  😁

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, PhoneCop said:

I, uh, may have written a last-minute paper after accidentally ODing on Vivarin the night before it was due. I don't recommend it—I felt like Apu that time he thought he was a hummingbird.

apu-simpsons.gif.d02f1ba24435ce4200777cad0a6fcba1.gif

FWIW, I got an A- on the paper. The professor liked everything about it except "the abrupt ending."

Completely identify with that experience.  I pulled an all-nighter on Vivarin writing a paper about Lady MacBeth, and it actually helped.  About 3am, I was jumpy and paranoid and thought, "Ohhh, I understand her now," and finished the paper.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

All this medicated paper talk is making me think I should have done more drugs in college.

Doing fewer would’ve probably been better for my GPA – but once you get your first job out of college, who pays attention to THAT anymore?

* Besides, it was the ‘80s in pre-AIDS America - so sue me.  😎

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I don’t know who saw my earlier post before I excised it, but let’s just say my process for a particular final thesis was (a) unbelievably filthy, (b) completely immoral, and (c) utterly fanfuckingtastic.  
And I got an A on that bitch

ETA: ….oh, almost forgot - and (d) illegal on multiple levels in several states.  😁

[PMs Nashville for all the gory, grownup details]

12 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

All this medicated paper talk is making me think I should have done more drugs in college.

Meh. After that bad Vivarin experience, my caffeine tolerance went through the roof. Which isn't particularly useful when you're on a deadline and have shotgunned three energy drinks but still doze off in front of the computer. 0/5, would not recommend.

• Love 2

Tiff’s 1-on1s:

With Alyssa: You’re not my target, SB has to go, let’s do it! Alyssa is on board, of course, because it’s not her.

With X: You need to stay, SB has to go, let’s do it! Ky and SB on the block would mean both Ky and X could play and keep SB there. X is on board, because it’s not Alyssa.

With SB: You are my target, you have to go, let’s do it! No, actually: Tiff says she may have to nom SB and Ky, no offense, but at least you both get to play for veto!  
SB: Deref is the one who’s really coming after you, not that you heard it from me, and also Azah/ Deref/ X/ Alyssa are getting really close, so maybe look at them? Also, I’m fully prepared to throw Ky under the bus at the end.
Tiff: You put my 2 closest allies on the block, so… good talk and byeee!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Oh man, Hannah seriously bawling right now about Derek X leaving. The interesting thing about the CO is losing “their” person is (or will be) taking a huge toll on them. Azah, now Hannah, Tiff, and maybe even Ky and X to an extent.  They all feel really strong about their mission, which I respect the hell out of, and they tell each other it’s a game, which it is, but they aren’t the Brigade, who were pretty much “peace out” to their person. 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

They all feel really strong about their mission, which I respect the hell out of, and they tell each other it’s a game, which it is, but they aren’t the Brigade, who were pretty much “peace out” to their person. 

This is why I'm really hopeful they'll all still be friends when it's all over. The proof is there on video that the friendships were real. 

• Love 1

Tiff and Hannah: 

Hannah misunderstood the last question, she did not lose because she’s dumb! But she is happy for Tiff. They couldn’t tell if Ky and X threw it or not. They both loved the Nicole F dig. Hannah says Alyssa has already come to her with anti-SB talk. But watch out for her! She mists!

Hannah: Who did SB throw under the bus? Tiff: Let’s see… You, Deref, Alyssa, X, Ky… Let’s just say I will be fine with my nominations.

They commiserate over the loss of Derex. Hannah feels like she just stabbed him, and feels shitty about it. She starts to cry. Tiff tells her they didn’t have a choice, and he will respect that once he gets all the facts. Tiff feels the same about Claire, that she is dragging her along a dead end road. She says this is not the game she came to play, but they were chosen for a higher purpose. Hannah is inconsolable. She blows out so much snot that they both start to laugh. She says she probably looks like Gina Marie.

Tiff reminds her that she is not alone. They all would have chosen to play a different game, but they put each other above themselves as individuals. People will be hurt, including themselves, but they have to remember why they’re doing it. 

Hannah wishes they could feel this way about someone in the 6. Why can’t Ky be like Derex? 

Tiff says she is so happy to have met Hannah, and she knows they will always be friends. She gives her a hug and says some more stuff that is muffled, and Feeds Guy must be weepy because he doesn’t even yell at her for obscuring her microphone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Tiff reminds her that she is not alone. They all would have chosen to play a different game, but they put each other above themselves as individuals. People will be hurt, including themselves, but they have to remember why they’re doing it. 

This speech alone reminds me why I love this season. It's like a speech from Les Mis, and nothing we've ever heard in all previous 22 seasons of BB. I'm trying to appreciate it while we have it because next season we'll be back to the usual cutthroat, self-focused gameplay. Which is fine, but this is really special. 

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Oh man, Hannah seriously bawling right now about Derek X leaving. The interesting thing about the CO is losing “their” person is (or will be) taking a huge toll on them. Azah, now Hannah, Tiff, and maybe even Ky and X to an extent.  They all feel really strong about their mission, which I respect the hell out of, and they tell each other it’s a game, which it is, but they aren’t the Brigade, who were pretty much “peace out” to their person. 

I really like this season's cast for this reason. Nobody is acting like Boogie about Erika or Derrick about Victoria or Cody about Dani. They can't move forward with some people in the game but they genuinely liked them as people and don't want to see them hurt. 

I feel like in BB there's always an element of cruelty but I've combed this cast up and down for a really cruel, mean streak and come up short. 

ETA: Hannah is really taking this way harder than I expected. It's like she caught feelings for the guy.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Love 5

Claire, Tiff and Hannah are having the same old “Is Shelley real” conversation and… come on, ladies. I love you, but you really have to let this go.

Cut to the kitchen, where SB is washing dishes and Ky is watching her, arms crossed. Not helping her. She works, he studies her. It’s very Ky.

Tiff addresses the camera, thanking America for making her so, so happy. 

Hannah wears X’s solitary wig and does the Lucius walk. I don’t get the reference, but she looks cute and everyone enjoys it. Speaking of which, I was disappointed by the lack of X In Solitary footage in the live show. I wanted to see the robot and furry toilet. Just like HaveNots, I don’t really get the point of doing it if they’re not going to show it. 

• Love 2

I liked Claire/DX more than Hannah/DX. 

I get why Hannah feels guilty there were a couple weeks she really played up DX threat to the Ky and Xavier and went a little overboard. Do I think Hannah is a bad person? No she was playing a game. 

• Love 4

Ky tries to cheer up SB. If one of them goes this week, they can come back in Battle Back. Or if not, they’ll go to Disneyland after the show! And they’ll come back in 2 years for All Stars! Where Ky will pull a Cody, or SB will do a Nicole F. (This shockingly does not make her cringe, but it made me laugh. Twist it, Ky!)

SB addresses the camera and asks America to support Ky because he’s in trouble. Everyone who going to vote for her, vote for him instead! (So he should be getting… 0 extra votes.)

• LOL 5

Ky’s Tony Robbins/ Norman Vincent Peale philosophical guidance has resulted in the following change of attitude from SB: It’s always better to lose to a winner, so  if she wins the game, Derex should feel better about her sending him out. And everyone who was rooting for him should now root for her, for the same reason! 

Someone please tell me this is a double eviction week. With no veto saves.

• LOL 7

Who wants to see Tiffany’s HoH room!  Everyone dashes up the stairs, with a chant of “Tiff-ee-toes! Tiff-ee-toes!”

Pictures of Christian (non-hairflip variety)! Tiger striped sunglasses! Squatty potty! Beyoncé’s Lemonade!! Everyone is pretty excited about the squatty potty, but Lemonade elicits shrieks, especially from Deref.

Tiff is wearing a silver bracelet. She tells Azah she touched it right before the comp and said “This is for you.” I wonder if that is Derex’s Travis bracelet, aka SB’s reconsidered Jewelry of Scorn.

SB comes back to Tiffany for some more under-bus throwing. She insists that Alyssa is Tiff’s biggest threat. Alyssa has trash-talked Tiff, Alyssa wants Tiff out of the house, Alyssa is the one Tiff should be looking at. (She’s not wrong about the trash talk. Earlier, Alyssa told X that she doesn’t like Tiff and doesn’t trust her.)

SB says that she got rid of Derex because she was afraid of him coming between her and Ky. She was afraid Ky would choose him over her. Also, she has really wanted to work with Tiff and Claire all along. She is hoping that can happen now.

After, Tiff tells Hannah and Claire that SB is goood. And she’s almost reconsidering her moves because of it. She also tells them that Ky is coming up to talk, so please knock in 15 minutes. (I do this same rescue trick when I’m about to be trapped by a long winded person.)

Tiff and Ky: She recaps her conversation with SB. He recaps his earlier conversation with SB. (His recap takes 3x longer.) They review what they’re both going to tell her, going forward. Tiff tells Ky she can hear him in SB’s words.

Tiff asks Ky to throw the veto to X, so he can take himself off the block and Ky and SB will stay. She doesn’t want to give Alyssa a reason to target her next week, by making her a replacement nom this week. They will make SB think Ky is her target. That way, when the house “flips” on Tiff and votes out SB, neither Tiff nor Ky will lose a jury vote. 

The only thing that will derail their plans is if SB wins veto, so task 2 is to keep that from happening.

Task 3 is to win the cootie taw. If Ky wins, he will keep noms the same and Tiff will say she won so SB doesn’t know. Claire will also keep noms the same. 

Before leaving, Ky hugs and congratulates her. She asks him to tell America that the guys are not carrying the girls this week. He says he never says that, except when Deref does and he has to agree with him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Claire and Hannah retroactively name their alliance with Tiff and Derex: The Walking Dead.

The three remaining zombies pile into the HoH bed, give a shout out to DX, and begin their week-long slumber party.

Edited to add: It really is a slumber party. 10 minutes later, and the giggling hasn’t stopped.. They poke fun at the Jokers’ brand loyalty, Derex’s reluctance to spend his BB bucks (“He must not have any black friends!”), Tiff’s conspiracy theories, and Frenchie’s commandeering of Claire’s inhaler, to start. 

Edited by 30 Helens
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Good morning! Cameras 1 and 2 show an unusual sight for this season: 3 people in the HOH bed. They are Tiffani, Claire and Hannah.

Camera 3 shows Kyland sleeping in the wave room. It seems like there is a camera on Kyland sleeping every day. He is not that telegenic in his sleep. Camera 4.shows two people sleeping. Oh, one is Kyland again and the other is Sarah Beth. Looks like dirty glasses on the ledge.

Switching back to camera 2.

• LOL 1

People are up now. Cameras 1 and 2 had Kyland and Sarah Beth whispering to each other in the wave room. Cameras 3 and 4 show Azah and Hannah in the bathroom. Someone's in the shower, I think it's Claire. Alyssa's in the bathroom, too. I hope she didn't mess up Azah's dress. Xavier hust joined them.

Xavier's voting look was straight from the 70s. That was the normal look for a lot of young black men. My brother had the hair to do that look, too. Still does 40 years later.

Hannah and Azah are discussing what bad things could have happened while they are in the house. War, disasters like a hurricane. Hannah is wondering how it's going between Israel and Palestine.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

I liked Claire/DX more than Hannah/DX. 

I get why Hannah feels guilty there were a couple weeks she really played up DX threat to the Ky and Xavier and went a little overboard. Do I think Hannah is a bad person? No she was playing a game. 

Same on the first part. Also, yea, I mean I feel for Hannah because she really did like Derex, but girl you spent 2 weeks sucking up to X and Ky by hammering into them what a threat Derex was and how he needed to go so miss me with all this tbh.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Alyssa's in the bathroom, too. I hope she didn't mess up Azah's dress.

Alyssa looked wonderful in the dress. Seeing them side by side, I would never have guessed they wore the same size! Now I want to see Azah in the dress. 

It's really too bad the triple eviction will ruin the season because it would be interesting to see what happens when the Cookout is forced to turn on each other, but we won't get to see it play out because of the stupid triple eviction. 

15 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

OMG, Nick is the host of Blown Away? I LOVE that show (didn't even realize there was a Season 2)!  Well, I'll just be thinking about that all night.  

Same! That is a great show, although probably the worst thing for my nerves since there's the constant threat of breakage and injury.

Hannah is really taking this way harder than I expected. It's like she caught feelings for the guy.

Oh for sure I think that's pretty mutual as well. But it's interesting that she is taking it that hard since the other night the RHAP ladies were theorizing that she wanted him out so she get her head fully in the game, and not worry about having to cut him from her perspective in a more direct way (as HoH), but Taran and Melissaa thought this shady boots way was going to be way way harder on both of them and indeed it is, because non she was never really that savage or callous, and now Instead of being less emotionally caught up in DX she's spiraling, but hopefully she gets it all out and can put her game face back on. But this kind of messy v. bad play from her (not flipping the vote, having overly emotional and misguided reason for not wanting to flip the vote) has made me even more anxious to see her beat Hannah at F2.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Xavier's voting look was straight from the 70s. That was the normal look for a lot of young black men. My brother had the hair to do that look, too. Still does 40 years later.

With the exception that most young black men in the 70s weren’t tying up their hair with a rolled-up shirt - yeah, definitely.  😁

• Love 1
15 hours ago, blixie said:

Got my 10 votes in for Claire, but I'm mostly hoping that this week Derek F ends up at 50 because no one has him confused with DX.

I'm so happy that Tiffany won a comp!! But of course it's an HoH that can be taken over and worst of all could be taken over by Derek F. Tho I guess with the extra envelopes most people could be playing: At the very least Hannah/DerekF/Claire/possibly Tiffany (is it clear if the HoH can play to hold service?) and SB and Azah who have been saving up.

Derek F isn't gonna win anything. Not smart enough to win a mental comp and about as physical as a tree stump. 

• Love 5

I think Tiffani nominated Kyland and Sarah Beth, well, she's talking to Sarah and just said "they are two strong competitors," so now I'm not sure about Sarah. I'm pretty sure Kyland is on the block.

Tiffani's saying to the camera she just lied to Sarah Beth's face and they're the biggest lies she's told in the house. 

I forgot about Xavier being the third nom, so perhaps the two strong competitors Tiffani referred to are Kyland and Xavier, and Sarah Beth is still on the block.

Do you know what's interesting? 3 cookouts can't vote this week unless one is removed from the block.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 2