Type keyword(s) to search

S13 Matchmaking in Houston

• Start Topic

I guess Lifetime's game is to keep MAFS on all 52 weeks of the year. Just cobble together the same tired footage and repurpose it indefinitely until the new season is ready to go. I have no doubt this one will limp to an exhausted conclusion sometime mid-January just in time for the next season to start. Let's be honest, the matchmaking episode is rendered useless since we already know who they picked now that the photos are released online weeks before this shit show even starts. The weddings and honeymoon are interesting, but once that's over, it's a long slog to Decision Day. And now there are four or five episodes AFTER decision day? Aw hell no! I think I'm just going to use this forum to keep track and only watch the episodes that interest me. Odds are I'll still see all of the juicy footage anyway since they tend to show that stuff approximately 20 million times every season.

• Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I guess Lifetime's game is to keep MAFS on all 52 weeks of the year. Just cobble together the same tired footage and repurpose it indefinitely until the new season is ready to go. I have no doubt this one will limp to an exhausted conclusion sometime mid-January just in time for the next season to start. Let's be honest, the matchmaking episode is rendered useless since we already know who they picked now that the photos are released online weeks before this shit show even starts. The weddings and honeymoon are interesting, but once that's over, it's a long slog to Decision Day. And now there are four or five episodes AFTER decision day? Aw hell no! I think I'm just going to use this forum to keep track and only watch the episodes that interest me. Odds are I'll still see all of the juicy footage anyway since they tend to show that stuff approximately 20 million times every season.

We "already know" IF we've pursued the info. I, for one, have not, so I'm good to go for tonight! 😇

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Got my park ranger hat on like Viv and BrideX so let’s get Season 13 teed up…..

Cat Dad is just begging to be matched with someone….deathly allergic to cat dander.

No Uptight Christians for the lady in the paper tissue crown…

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Previews for the Kevin show next week: The Ice Skater and the Cad are seated as a couple. Whaaat?! 

Season 13: Seems to me one of the chosen men is gay. Another Bachelor Colton? "One husband gets caught in a situation that no-one saw coming." (Press Release)

I don't see unbridled joy in any of the provided wedding pictures.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1
(edited)

One of the "poster couples" for MAFS past seasons is Eric and Virginia.  Nothing to be proud of, experts!

Brett and Ryan --oh nooo.  He is someone who has dated thousands of women in Houston and that says douche to me.  She is very assertive but has not even dated in two years.  

Edited by azprimadonna
autocorrect failed me
  • Love 4

Yeah, Brett and Ryan make zero sense based on what they showed.

Interested to see what happens to Bao and Johnny since they are the ones who know each other before meeting at the alter.

• Love 3

12 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Season 13: Seems to me one of the chosen men is gay.

A show with Kevin already? I am done with him after the last reunion debacle, so I will wait until the real show starts. Let's see - one husband has an unforeseen situation - well, last time they had Chris and a maybe pregnant ex, so how better to top that than to have a man who might be gay?

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

A show with Kevin already? I am done with him after the last reunion debacle, so I will wait until the real show starts. Let's see - one husband has an unforeseen situation - well, last time they had Chris and a maybe pregnant ex, so how better to top that than to have a man who might be gay?

I think they did this last season - Kevin and some unknown (to me) people predict which couples will work out and which ones won't.

• Love 4

So, one of the brides is extremely picky and the 'experts' think it will work out.  What?  Have they still not learned what has happened season after season and most recently with Haley?

I didn't think any of the matches seemed really great-but the 'experts' sure are patting themselves on their backs.

At least we saw a bit of the 'experts' asking about deal-breakers.  However, they need to ask beyond deal-breakers to such things as animal allergies (which has occurred more than once).  

I am in for the season (please don't judge, I'm just...weak).  But, I was not happy to see Haley all laughing in the review and talking about wanting to get out of there as soon as possible.  I have seen enough of her.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
On 7/7/2021 at 10:47 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Previews for the Kevin show next week: The Ice Skater and the Cad are seated as a couple. Whaaat?! 

They are not together. They are just there to give comments like the couples that stayed married.

I think it is good to also get comments from those that divorced, since that is the majority of the matches.

It is Derek (not Zack)  and Mindy (with colored hair and extensions).

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

The Ice Skater and the Cad are seated as a couple.

Was that Zach? I thought it was Derek? I'm too lazy to stop my screen and check.....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I am in for the season (please don't judge, I'm just...weak).

No judgment. I still find the premise of the show fascinating from a psych perspective. The most recent season was just full of assholes.

I didn't know this was on and I won't start watching until the weddings, as People.com already spoiled the couples (as they do every season; I assume the show has a deal with them as they're the only outlet that reports on the couples, past and present. Link in the spoiler thread if interested), but I'm definitely going to watch. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Was that Zach? I thought it was Derek? I'm too lazy to stop my screen and check.....

I thought it was Zach too but I rewound and looked a second time.  Definitely Derek.  

• Love 2
20 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Got my park ranger hat on like Viv and BrideX so let’s get Season 13 teed up…..

Cat Dad is just begging to be matched with someone….deathly allergic to cat dander.

No Uptight Christians for the lady in the paper tissue crown…

I was thinking the along the same lines as they introduced the people that they would match the clashing types together.

Dr Pepper saying something in the intro about what a great job matching they've done in the past got me screaming at the TV "Have we been watching the same show?" I must have missed something.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

I bought one of those park ranger hats and thought it looked pretty chic on me.  When my hubby saw it, he laughed so hard that I took it to Goodwill the next day.  Haley and this new redhead looked so cute in theirs.

• LOL 3
(edited)
21 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

I bought one of those park ranger hats and thought it looked pretty chic on me.  When my hubby saw it, he laughed so hard that I took it to Goodwill the next day.

To be honest, only park rangers look good in their namesake hats.

MAFS “experts” pick yet another obnoxious Ryan to add to the asshole pile of Ryans Past.

Houston Ryan has dated a thousand women? Possibly 2 thousand muttered one of his golfing buddies…

How is Ryan able to go anywhere in H Town, much less 20 feet without running into someone he has dated?

Why didn’t he have to make a list like Bao?

Anyone else noted how Bao said “Johnny” in the preview?

Distain?

Much funnier if Bao had said “Here’s Johnnny” in her best Jack Nicholson imitation from “The Shining”….

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/7/2021 at 3:52 PM, Ilovepie said:

It’s all very confusing, to me anyhow.  I thought Pepper wasn’t coming back, but there she was.  This bunch looked interesting, but if I was to pick, I wouldn’t match a few of them.  I think we all could do a better job matching, imo.

• Love 3

Methinks Pepper was threatening to leave as a ploy for leveraging a bigger Lifetime paycheck…

Where else is she going to get paid for pawing through someone’s panties drawer and finding dead birds in a fridge? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

They clearly matched Bao and Johnny based on ethnicity and then halfheartedly retconned some other reasons. Both are likable enough so far, although I never would’ve guessed Bao to be 35 years old since she acts 17. I hope it works for them despite everything we know so far. 

So excited for another round of “we matched these people because they’re opposites who can balance each other out.” Since that has failed for 12 straight seasons, can we just be honest now? “We matched these people because they’re opposites who trusted us to find them a good match, but we chose potential drama over their wellbeing and possibly physical safety. PS you won’t see Pepper again for at least six weeks.” You’re doing amazing, sweeties. Never change. 

(To be clear, I also will choose to learn nothing from the past 12 seasons and keep watching as though it might be better this time!)

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Methinks Pepper was threatening to leave as a ploy for leveraging a bigger Lifetime paycheck…

Where else is she going to get paid for pawing through someone’s panties drawer and finding dead birds in a fridge? 

I lost my post.  Anyhow, who goes thru someone’s underwear drawer?  Pepper and hot to trot Viviana love to find sex toys.  Vibrators, whips, chains, condoms .. you name it.  Didn’t someone once say Pepper admitted to screwing a guy she just met in the Airport bathroom?  What does that have to do with the show?  These experts are crazy.  I guess it’s the norm these days, but unnessary.  I always say I’m not going to watch anymore, but here I am.  This time tho, I’ll fast forward as there will probably be more commercials.

Edited by Hangin Out
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I see they matched Rachel,  who says if you don't want to go out to nice restaurants with her, she will walk out (she was also quite insecure), and Jose who broke up with someone for not staying on budget.  Another great call from the "experts."

Edited by Alexander Pope
edited for extra info
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

They clearly matched Bao and Johnny based on ethnicity and then halfheartedly retconned some other reasons. Both are likable enough so far, although I never would’ve guessed Bao to be 35 years old since she acts 17. I hope it works for them despite everything we know so far. 

Don't they also share a love of organization and neat surroundings? And maybe there was shared ambition? And importance of family? I mean, I think a lot of the stated reasons for matching people are fairly generic but I don't remember these two had any fewer generic commonalities than the other couples.

I see they matched Rachel,  who says if you don't want to go out to nice restaurants with her, she will walk out (she was also quite insecure), and Jose who broke up with someone for not staying on budget.  Another great call from the "experts."

Is she the one with the self-described "shopping problem" who has a Louis Vuitton large box prominently displayed in her closet full of high-end designer apparel and accessories? Matched with a firefighter who, while in a noble and hard working profession, likely cannot afford a similar lifestyle? I wasn't too sure how that was going to go...

• Love 2
On 7/8/2021 at 10:21 AM, seacliffsal said:

I am in for the season (please don't judge, I'm just...weak).  But, I was not happy to see Haley all laughing in the review and talking about wanting to get out of there as soon as possible.  I have seen enough of her.

I’m right there with ya — both on the ‘weak’ bus and the Haley overload. She thinks she’s just so cute and cool — I find her narcissistic, fake & mean. Jake - as weird as he is - will probably find someone & have a nice, normal life. Haley will be wearing her stupid hats and laughing too loud in bars (aren’t we having FUN?!) with her BFFs into her 50s and beyond. 

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, ChiMama said:

I’m right there with ya — both on the ‘weak’ bus and the Haley overload. She thinks she’s just so cute and cool — I find her narcissistic, fake & mean. Jake - as weird as he is - will probably find someone & have a nice, normal life. Haley will be wearing her stupid hats and laughing too loud in bars (aren’t we having FUN?!) with her BFFs into her 50s and beyond. 

Whenever she laughs, it an uncomfortable laugh, not genuine.  She’s pretending like she’s so happy now.  She has turned down so many men, I doubt she will find someone who has zero faults.  

Changing the subject for a minute, I just watched “Two for the Road” with Albert Finny and Audrey Hepburn.  One of the best movies I’ve ever seen on Fox.  It was all about a marriage .. all the ups and downs a couple goes thru.  One minute they love each other, the next they can’t stand one another, but love prevails in the end.  Which proves a point .. you could just meet a person and learn to love forever, or go with someone a couple of years and divorce.  If that makes sense.  This movie was so on point.  Men think differently than women.  Women analyze everything, maybe too much, and men don’t.  Marriage is a gamble.  If Haley finds a decent guy, she should give it a chance and go out for awhile.  She sort of makes up her mind instantly by the way he looks.  I don’t think she gave it a chance at all.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ChiMama said:

Haley will be wearing her stupid hats and laughing too loud in bars (aren’t we having FUN?!) with her BFFs into her 50s and beyond. 

And Jake will be sitting alone at the table, burping and farting while eating his steak and eggs.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ChiMama said:

One by one, all her girlfriends will get married and she will be at a table for one.  I’m not even going by what I’ve seen .. I’m going by what her family said “ she’s a hard nut to crack” .. even her girlfriends said something like that.

• Love 7

I think most of Haley's friends are already married, which is why she signed up for the show. She was tired of always being a bridesmaid and has been one again since the show. She must have a lot of friends to be in so many weddings, but I think she is at the age where she will run out of friends to hang out with, especially once her friends start having babies. It's a tough time, but I don't think she will ever find anyone good enough for her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I think most of Haley's friends are already married, which is why she signed up for the show. She was tired of always being a bridesmaid and has been one again since the show. She must have a lot of friends to be in so many weddings, but I think she is at the age where she will run out of friends to hang out with, especially once her friends start having babies. It's a tough time, but I don't think she will ever find anyone good enough for her.

Yes, and if that’s the case, when interviewing, she should have told the experts exactly what she had to have.  A Model looking guy, 6 ft tall, rich, new car, big house a 401k, stocks, sharp dresser, would do anything she wanted, travel all over, and didn’t eat steak.  Oh, and likes drunk sex.     Then there would be no show, lol.  They want bad drama.

• LOL 2
19 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Don't they also share a love of organization and neat surroundings? And maybe there was shared ambition? And importance of family?

Yes — as you said — generic, and/or Asian stereotypes. I’m regretfully preparing my bingo card and hoping I don’t have to mark “bad driver LOL” or “not without my rice cooker.”

It always kills me when people claim that certain cultures value “family.” Like, what cultures don’t, please? Some may do it in louder or more enmeshed ways, but it’s kind of an anthropological default. (Just a general observation, not at anyone in particular.) Right up there with “XYZ culture is all about food.” Like the rest of us are wishing we could get by on Soylent and vitamin IV drips. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2

Yes — as you said — generic, and/or Asian stereotypes. I’m regretfully preparing my bingo card and hoping I don’t have to mark “bad driver LOL” or “not without my rice cooker.”

Generic, yes, but I don't see anything particularly Asian about tidy and ambitious. 

11 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Not everyone should marry.  Just like not everyone should have children!

Some are good at it while some aren't!

Choose your lane!

Yes to that.  My Sister who is single, had a great job, owns an apt in the City, has two pensions, is a historian, has nice friends, travels all over the world, has cats and is very happy.  I’m married, three kids, grandchildren, a good husband who doesn’t like to go out, except golfing, watches sports till the cows come home, but I’m not complaining .. grrrrrr.  Different strokes for different folks.  I’d like half of her life and half of mine.  

• Love 4
On 7/9/2021 at 4:14 PM, Hangin Out said:

I lost my post.  Anyhow, who goes thru someone’s underwear drawer?  Pepper and hot to trot Viviana love to find sex toys.  

Which begs the question, why is it only the women's drawers that get picked through? Why isn't Pastor Cal making home visits to rummage through the men's drawers? 

On 7/9/2021 at 10:43 PM, Elizzikra said:

Is she the one with the self-described "shopping problem" who has a Louis Vuitton large box prominently displayed in her closet full of high-end designer apparel and accessories? Matched with a firefighter who, while in a noble and hard working profession, likely cannot afford a similar lifestyle? I wasn't too sure how that was going to go...

No. The one that like to go to dinner withher her friends is Rachel, or Olivia 2.0. She's matched with Jose who likes to budget. 

The one with the designer bags is Myrla. She also grew up around domestic violence. She's matched with the hot firefighter who, by the looks of his apartment, doesn't make a ton of money. They are both very good looking though. I loved how they looked together in the wedding previews.

• Love 2

Which begs the question, why is it only the women's drawers that get picked through? Why isn't Pastor Cal making home visits to rummage through the men's drawers? 

The men's drawers are also examined - I've seen more condoms on this show than you'd find in a whorehouse.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Blissfool said:

No. The one that like to go to dinner withher her friends is Rachel, or Olivia 2.0. She's matched with Jose who likes to budget. 

Olivia 2.0 matched with a budget conscious guy, aka Brett 2.0? Or at least that's what they are hoping, right????

2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The men's drawers are also examined - I've seen more condoms on this show than you'd find in a whorehouse.

Hilarious! Yes, someone explain the obsession with snooping fridges, closets and underwear drawers? Titillating nosiness is all it is. It does not help them know these people any better!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Oh yes, you're right, now I remember! They're not pulling out embarrassing underwear, though.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:43 PM, Elizzikra said:

Don't they also share a love of organization and neat surroundings? And maybe there was shared ambition? And importance of family? I mean, I think a lot of the stated reasons for matching people are fairly generic but I don't remember these two had any fewer generic commonalities than the other couples.

When they were discussing possible matches, I swear I heard them say something that matching either Bao or Johnny with someone who is a "neat freak" would not be a good idea. Maybe I misheard. Either way, it could be a mess. I do believe that the couple that one knows the other is Bao and Johnny.