Type keyword(s) to search

S17. LIVE CHAT - all episodes

• Start Topic

(edited)

That certainly took a sad turn, hopefully it was helpful to Katie talking about what she went through and how much it has affected her. It really does show her whole sex positivity thing in a different light, its not "just" that she is super into sex (which is certainly just fine of course no matter what) but this is a way to take back her autonomy. I also really like her comments about how no one should be pressured to have sex or not to have sex, its a great lesson for the viewers, especially on a show that has frequently harshly judged and mocked people for having "too much" sex or "not enough" sex. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, adore said:

I hate these "confession" style roundtables. It's like another kind of stripping date (which i also find distasteful). 

Same. If I were on this show, I'd make up some blah blah blah story. If the person chooses me in the end, I would share any real stories before we got married. But never ever on national teevee or in front of the other dudes I'm competing against.

• Love 8
(edited)
1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

Same. If I were on this show, I'd make up some blah blah blah story. If the person chooses me in the end, I would share any real stories before we got married. But never ever on national teevee or in front of the other dudes I'm competing against.

Yes, exactly. And there's peer pressure to have to share or immediately become suspect. I think i'd also tread really carefully and invent a "safe" story: believable, but not too revealing.

Edited by adore
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I also really like her comments about how no one should be pressured to have sex or not to have sex, its a great lesson for the viewers, especially on a show that has frequently harshly judged and mocked people for having "too much" sex or "not enough" sex. 

If she felt that no one should be pressured to have sex, and I believe her, then showing up with a dildo on The Bachelor certainly sent the wrong message.   I'm not on her pity train.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Thomas looks like he is angling to take Karl's villain spot right away, especially being the "can I steal you?" guy. I would find that such a turn off if I was the Bachelorette. 

These dates are all freaking awful, if your not barring your soul your beating each other up or being forced to wear increasingly demeaning costumes.

• Love 7

I don't like Thomas, but I don't like this pileup on him either. Now some guys will go tattling to Katie about Thomas and she will cry again and cancel the rose ceremony. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Is it just me or does the music seem really over the top tonight? Maybe to make up for Katie's lackluster personality. She's not that interesting. I'm not sure I can watch this dreck anymore!

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Whose jacket is Katie wearing? All the guys have on theirs.

One guy on the group date looks like Alex Rodrigues but I don't know anyone's names.

Box Man has hair like Alex Rodriguez's, slicked back.

At least Matt didn't cause that accident.

Katie rolled that ... whatever it's called ... already and now she's driving Akron Mike around? Geesh.

Akron Mike is actually looking pretty good on this date. But I keep staring at Katie's right cheek where the makeup covering her zits has come off.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

If a guy found Katie sitting alone in a bar and he walked up and started a conversation and she acted disinterested, I could see him asking "You gonna eat those peanuts?" while he simultaneously grabs a handful and walks away.   His feelings would not be hurt at all.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Katie rolled that ... whatever it's called ... already and now she's driving Akron Mike around? Geesh.

I know! I was all tense watching her continue to rip around in that thing and hoping like crazy she didn’t make Michaels little boy, fatherless too.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Akron Mike looked so much better with his hair blowing in the breeze.

I guess I'd have to keep him outside most of the time.

(No one going to comment on his feeling up Katie's ass during their make-out session? Just me? Alrighty then!)

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

I’m cool with him feeling her up during the kiss since he looked like a good kisser and wasn't eating her face Iike Connor and Thomas. I love a kiss against a car and I like Mike. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 10
Just now, dizzyd said:

I’m cool with him feeling her up during the kiss since he looked like a good kisser and was t eating her face Ike Connor and Thomas. I love a kiss against a car and I like Mike. 

Yeah, they are *bad* kissers. Katie looks like she's kissing them vertically! There should be some head tilts at least. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

But wait: Katie who brought the dildo to the last season and took it on all her Bachelor dates NOW says she has a thing against sex and didn't want to have sex? Guys, one of you ask where her friend the dildo is ...

She was talking in the past.  That she had unprocessed trauma from having nonconsensual intercourse (she didn't use rape so I won't here).  In the aftermath, she tried to get herself to believe that it was and it ended up affecting her attitudes towards sex.  That's not uncommon.

It sounds like she eventually did deal with it and has developed a healthier relationship with sex as a result.  None of it is contradictory.

34 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

If she felt that no one should be pressured to have sex, and I believe her, then showing up with a dildo on The Bachelor certainly sent the wrong message.   I'm not on her pity train.

I'm not sure how having a dildo is pressuring anyone to have sex.  Doesn't a vibrator kind of say the opposite? 

Katie looked the most comfortable with Michael.  Good conversation.  Aesthetically pleasing kissing.

• Love 15
(edited)

Oh yeah, the guy is a real American Psycho and that's not hyperbole at all. I don't like Thomas but I still don't think he's as much of a dick as Karl. 

Michael and Katie had some good vibes.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 5

Well, as an astronomy fan who loves to watch stars, planets aligning and meteorite showers, the end clip showed me Katie is brainless and pretty darn stupid, which I guess is a foregone conclusion if someone is brainless. But Akron Mike is pretty smart. We'll have fun star watching together, I can name all the constellations.

But wow, this is one BORING SEASON I must say. No wonder traffic is slim in here. Even JenE4 left!

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm not sure how having a dildo is pressuring anyone to have sex.  Doesn't a vibrator kind of say the opposite? 

I didn't remember if it was a dildo or vibrator but she was definitely giving out an "I like sex/I want sex" vibe.  JMHO 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lamb18 said:

David A, a truly sad story but also Bachelor audition material.

Wasn't David's story that he had to choose between a relationship or moving to advance his career?

• Love 1
30 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I didn't remember if it was a dildo or vibrator but she was definitely giving out an "I like sex/I want sex" vibe.  JMHO 

I don't disagree with that.  

I just don't see how being open about liking sex is pressuring anyone for sex. 

• Love 6

Well since this seems to be the thread for snark (I sobbed during Mike A date which I’ll explain on the episode thread) but Hunter’s arm sleeve just screams “I’m short and work out my upper body”.  He seems nice as a human though so I feel bad for writing this:

• LOL 5
  • Love 3