Type keyword(s) to search

S17. LIVE CHAT - all episodes

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh snap, no rose for Karl?! Has Katie just become the smartest person in Bachelor history?

She says "I want to make a toast" instead of "let's do a cheers," so yes, she is the smartest.

4 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

I love how they use Nick as some wise Bachelor sage. He's over 40, his "job" revolves around "Bachelor Nation", he has never been married, and went through 3-4 cycles of this show with little to no success. 

What exactly are we supposed to be learning from him?! 😂

He's the same age as Clare and has been on at least as many seasons, so he should be getting the same ridicule she gets.

3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

(No one going to comment on his feeling up Katie's ass during their make-out session? Just me? Alrighty then!)

I noticed that! I wonder whether that's his way of showing that he's really ready to move on.

I thought the two non-Karl guys who didn't get roses were really cute, so hopefully they'll be on BIP. I loved Justin's facial expressions when Thomas was spouting his BS; I hope someone on Twitter or Reddit makes a bunch of memes from them. Every time Hunter talks I can't focus on what he's saying because all I can think about is how much he looks like Taylor Lautner has been shrunk in the wash.

The silver group date dress was even more hideous than the green rose ceremony dress. It was way too short and so tight that the sleeves were taking Katie's blood pressure. The oversized blazer/coat wasn't flattering, but at least it covered up most of the dress. Tayshia's and Kaitlyn's rose ceremony dresses were terrible as well. Is the wardrobe budget so tiny that the stylist can only shop at Goodwill?

Edited by chocolatine
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
(edited)
24 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Every time Hunter talks I can't focus on what he's saying because all I can think about is how much he looks like Taylor Lautner has been shrunk in the wash.

Omg that is hilarious. I knew I was getting teen wolf vibes but couldn’t put my finger on which era. 

Oh Thomas, they won’t pick you to be the bachelor if you say out loud you think about being the bachelor. First rule of Fight Club, don’t talk about fight club. Same logic.

Edited by Refresh
Typo
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Wasn't David's story that he had to choose between a relationship or moving to advance his career?

I got the names mixed up. I meant Michael, with whom she had the one on one.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Whose jacket is Katie wearing? All the guys have on theirs.

One guy on the group date looks like Alex Rodrigues but I don't know anyone's names.

I believe that is Aaron or as I call him A-a-rod.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

The guys aren't interesting, but I don't think Katie is either.

I totally agree! Katie was billed as this far from basic, outrageously funny girl and she's missing the mark for me on those fronts.  I don't understand why some of these guys are so bowled over by her. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I totally agree! Katie was billed as this far from basic, outrageously funny girl and she's missing the mark for me on those fronts.  I don't understand why some of these guys are so bowled over by her. 

I think those guys are just acting and agreed to do this show so they get chosen for Bachelor in Paradise next season.  They're hoping and praying Katie doesn't choose them. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I think those guys are just acting and agreed to do this show so they get chosen for Bachelor in Paradise next season.  They're hoping and praying Katie doesn't choose them. 

Great point! The Bachelor in Paradise has tons of single women on it to choose from and getting on the Bachelorette is pretty much the only way to get onto any spin off shows.  I think that guys also go on this show to elevate their status/attractiveness to women in their hometowns once they get eliminated and return home.  I've read on other forums that some of these former Bachelorette contestants turn into sleazy players with women after being on this show.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 6/21/2021 at 6:13 PM, Crashcourse said:

If she felt that no one should be pressured to have sex, and I believe her, then showing up with a dildo on The Bachelor certainly sent the wrong message.   I'm not on her pity train.

It seems she was doing a lot of over-compensating which I understand as a direct reaction to what she had been through.  It makes me sympathize with her more but I also worry that she might need more time to find a middle ground.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I've read on other forums that some of these former Bachelorette contestants turn into sleazy players with women after being on this show.  

Those men were already sleazy players to begin with, the show just gave them more opportunities to behave that way.

• Love 9

I know I've made jokes about how the group dates have increasingly become all about stunts, beating each other up, and/or humiliation, but this is just straight up an episode of Double Dare. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Why would you enjoy seeing these guys gasping for relief and having tears coming out of their eyes from discomfort? "It was so much fun!" Where is Katie's empathy? Just hahahahaha! 

I agree.  Some could have serious reactions those hot peppers 🌶 or one’s mouth could be on fire for hours.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Stats Queen said:

I agree.  Some could have serious reactions those hot peppers 🌶 or one’s mouth could be on fire for hours.

More than their mouths are gonna be on fire, and for more than hours. Trust me on that.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

I know that when I want to have fun, I make my date as physically uncomfortable as possible while only slightly staying within the confines of the Geneva Convention. Watching people hurt themselves to prove their love for me is totally a normal and not creepy thing to do. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Toasting themselves as “foodies” for liking Taco Bell, Lunchables, and sour gummy candies. I don’t think we have the same definitions of what constitutes a “foodie.” 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I think the toxic energy isn't coming from Thomas. I don't care much for Thomas but this grade school pileup is silly. Andrew's the only one with sense. I like the guy arguing with Andrew, but he's focusing too much on Thomas. But watch, he'll probably stab Andrew in the back.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Where is this filmed?  And why is this dude wearing a turtleneck?

It was filmed in Albuquerque in April and May. 
My hometown but I haven’t lived there since I was 17.

It is high desert. Parts of Albuquerque have elevation of a mile above sea level. 

The temperatures can drop 30 degrees between day and night. In the summer it could be 98 degrees at noon and 70 degrees a night.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
Just now, tennisgurl said:

Andrew, your logic has no place here in this show! 

Haha. I’m team Andrew  on this one…and, well, all around! Andrew is the best! Tre is just grasping because he has no connection on his own. Yet again, we’re going to have someone (Tre) Wrong Reasoning someone else (Thomas). Can’t we go through one group party without a Wrong Reasons accusation?? Katie never takes it well!

• Love 13
(edited)

What exactly is Tre going to tell her though? Thomas straight up told Katie that he came here wanting to be the Bachelor, this has not been a secret. I don't like Thomas very much, but the guys obsessing over Andrew has just made things worse in the house. 

Andrew is totally right, focus on your own relationship with Katie. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Tre, have you not watched this show. The other guys warned him not to do that.

Andrew S has it right, focus on you own relationship with Katie.

Boy was I totally wrong!!

• Love 1

How is a guy tattling on another guy telling Katie "your truth." No it's not, it's throwing another contestant under the bus.

I have to agree with Turtleneck Guy, Tattle Guy is Buzzkillerton.

• Love 3

Tre’s rose-winning “truth” is pointing out that someone else isn’t truthful?! Huh?! Andrew is 100% right. All this is going to do is reinforce four weeks in a row is the best way to stay in the game is to throw someone else under the bus. Hell, I’m here for the wrong reasons myself, but this is terrible. 

• Love 6

Tayisha is talking to Katie like she's setting her up on a blind date. Which I guess she is. And Katie's all excited, like barf on all these other dudes, fix me up with your guy Taysiha!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

The temperatures can drop 30 degrees between day and night. In the summer it could be 98 degrees at noon and 70 degrees a night.

Interesting, so even 70 degrees wouldn't warrant a turtleneck.

• Love 2

Why the mystery edit when, at the end of the last episode, they already spoiled the surprise in the previews for this week. 

Not everyone knew he was coming before last week but surely most do know after ABC's promo last week. 

And yet we have to 'wonder.'

• Love 2