Type keyword(s) to search

S17. LIVE CHAT - all episodes

• Start Topic

(edited)

@Lamb18, are we using this thread? It looks like you had already set up a Week 3 thread, and you ended up combining the live and post episode chats for the last 2 weeks. This forum doesn’t have as much “action” as some of the other biggies (like 90-Day Fiancé, etc.) does. For Bachelor/ette shows we’ve always just had one thread that opened for live chat and that was it. We even lost a number of our regulars this season, so it’s quieter than usual.

ETA: it was a different mod,   @Door County Cherry, who set up the other week 3 thread.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

We even lost a number of our regulars this season, so it’s quieter than usual.

It couldn't be that people are tired of this franchise sucking more than usual? I'm only watching for the live-chat snark.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

@Lamb18, are we using this thread? It looks like you had already set up a Week 3 thread, and you ended up combining the live and post episode chats for the last 2 weeks. This forum doesn’t have as much “action” as some of the other biggies (like 90-Day Fiancé, etc.) does. For Bachelor/ette shows we’ve always just had one thread that opened for live chat and that was it. We even lost a number of our regulars this season, so it’s quieter than usual.

ETA: it was a different mod,   @Door County Cherry, who set up the other week 3 thread.

Hi JenE4, I've been setting up Live Chat threads because they're fun, but there are people who don't like posting in a Live Chat thread, so I did the other thread for them. That seems to be how it was done last year, but since I'm not a moderator I cannot lock  and unlock threads like the mod did last year.

• Love 1
Just now, Lamb18 said:

Hi JenE4, I've been setting up Live Chat threads because they're fun, but there are people who don't like posting in a Live Chat thread, so I did the other thread for them. That seems to be how it was done last year, but since I'm not a moderator I cannot lock  and unlock threads like the mod did last year.

Oh, last year we just had one thread that unlocked at showtime and a bunch of us live posted. Then everyone else just read/posted after the show in the same thread. If it wasn’t you, then some other mod has merged your live threads in with the post-show threads for the prior 2 weeks because there’s not enough posts in either to justify having 2 separate threads, I guess. 

1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

Ugh I hate when they cancel cocktail parties, its not fair to all of the other guys. 

I know, right? (TM Emily) This cocktail cancelling just started a while back didn't it? I don't see why it's a big deal, just go, have a good time, chat up some guys and let the bromances happen. But maybe TPTB want them cancelled to save $$ on drinks and film editing time, condensing a 14-hour "party" down to 14 minutes takes a lot of union-scale hours.

Oh no,  some dude says it's his job to "protect Katie's heart." Hello Kasey!

• Love 8

I heard one guy say "Oh my Dude!" Just like he'd say OMG. 

Katie, ugh, you want to trust Karl? 

Roses:

David, Hunter, Connor C, Mike P, (ha ha, good job!!)

Time for a dramatic pause....

• LOL 3

Maybe we should just post in the other thread that @Door County Cherry already set up to save them the trouble of merging the threads as they have been? Otherwise mostly everyone kept commenting on the “live” thread post-show, and hardly anyone posted in the “official” thread??

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Oh, last year we just had one thread that unlocked at showtime and a bunch of us live posted. Then everyone else just read/posted after the show in the same thread. If it wasn’t you, then some other mod has merged your live threads in with the post-show threads for the prior 2 weeks because there’s not enough posts in either to justify having 2 separate threads, I guess. 

OK, I forgot it was one thread for the whole season. It wasn't that long ago, too!

Oh man, all of the guys just officially teamed up against Karl. I have been happy at what seemed like a lack of plants this season, but Karl is looking like a real deliberate shit stirrer, whether or not he is being fed his lines by producers or is just a Wrong Reasons here to get famous by becoming the seasons villain. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Maybe we should just post in the other thread

Eh, I'm staying here. I don't come back after the show is over so I don't care what happens to the threads. I'm only here for the live-action snark.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Maybe we should just post in the other thread that @Door County Cherry already set up to save them the trouble of merging the threads as they have been? Otherwise mostly everyone kept commenting on the “live” thread post-show, and hardly anyone posted in the “official” thread??

I just turned this into one thread for the season.

• Love 1

This is the third week, which means it's something like the third day these people have known each other IRL, and Katie's "world" is "crumbling"? WTH. Just have a good time you dumb people.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Roses cont:

Michael, ? B., Courtney (Quartney?), Tre, Justin, Andrew M), Christian, Josh, Brendan, James, final rose - Aaron!

OK, let's see Karl make them drag him away!

• LOL 1
(edited)

Oh snap, no rose for Karl?! Has Katie just become the smartest person in Bachelor history? But who will be our villain moving forward? I am legit surprised he went home so fast, we are usually stuck with idiots like that for weeks, even if its obvious producer interference. 

Did he just peace out without even talking to her? What a dick, good call Katie. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 2
  • Love 11

But seriously, what was Karl's play here? I guess he might have figured that if he made himself the big, bad villain there was no way the producers would let him be eliminated early because at the end of the day everyone knows this is an entertainment show. And the producers do love their villains. But he totally overplayed his hand on this one and I guess producers decided that at the end of the day he wasn't that interesting. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh snap, no rose for Karl?! Has Katie just become the smartest person in Bachelor history? But who will be our villain moving forward? Didn't Katie send someone home on Karl's word? Sucks for that guy. 

Did he just peace out without even talking to her? What a dick, good call Katie. 

The correct answer is yes.

I'm shocked he left so soon too. Seems very premature for the clear drama-maker to leave at this stage. Also glad military didn't show up.

• Love 2

I was thinking the group date was with someone else since Katie didn't sign the card.

And here's the Yoda of Bachelor Nation, Nick! Here to impart wisdom from his vast experience.

• LOL 7

I love how they use Nick as some wise Bachelor sage. He's over 40, his "job" revolves around "Bachelor Nation", he has never been married, and went through 3-4 cycles of this show with little to no success. 

What exactly are we supposed to be learning from him?! 😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, SallyAlbright said:

How to be a Professional Fame Whore! You know, what most (if not all) of these people want to be.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wow, what a flex, he just admitted that he came in here for the Wrong Reasons while grinning like he just won a gold medal. Certainly honest I guess, but maybe tone down the smile like you want to eat Katie's face off?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, SallyAlbright said:

I love how they use Nick as some wise Bachelor sage. He's over 40, his "job" revolves around "Bachelor Nation", he has never been married, and went through 3-4 cycles of this show with little to no success. 

They need to do The Bachelor version of George Costanzo’s Opposite Day.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

The guys admit they are dickwads and creeps who lie and cheat and can't be trusted and will never EVER commit to a faithful relationship and Katie is all, "Oh, wow, these guys all opened up and were vunnerable (tm)" so now they are all contenders to be her husband!

But wait: Katie who brought the dildo to the last season and took it on all her Bachelor dates NOW says she has a thing against sex and didn't want to have sex? Guys, one of you ask where her friend the dildo is ...

• Love 5