Type keyword(s) to search

S17. LIVE CHAT - all episodes

• Start Topic

What a boring episode. For crying out loud, every man, woman , and man child who ever stepped out of the limo,,, or even more-so, the ones who make a special entrance.. has thought about and hoped that they, possibly could be the next new bachelor or bachelorette! Its only natural if you are a human and not in a full love crush with the leading man or lady already.

Unless you are Hunter and not delusional. He would have to know theres no chance of that ever happening.

I think Thomas should get an extra Brownie point for being Honest!  One thing is that red lipstick is killer on Katies lips! Nice! I Still love that Michael !

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
(edited)

DundunDUN! That guys eyes about popped out of his skull! This episode is boring but the sound guy is having fun at least. 

So many dramatic stings!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

So, she calls THOMAS and cut to commercial. When we come back, will she tell Thomas that she isn't giving him this rose? Stay tuned. (As if anyone even cares.)

Okay guys, what do I win for predicting this?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

So, she calls THOMAS and cut to commercial. When we come back, will she tell Thomas that she isn't giving him this rose? Stay tuned. (As if anyone even cares.)

Meanwhile, it looks like the last RC for Judge Reinhold.

Wow! Good call. 

• Love 4

What a boring episode ! Katie is so insecure she is constantly doubting these guys really are here for her. One group date and no other dates the whole episode? I also think Blake is unattractive and she has a lot of cute guys that weren’t on two other shows. Have some fun Katie!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Oh yeah as soon as they just said his name and then cut to commercial, I figured that Katie was just dramatically kicking him to the curb. Sucks for those guys who didn't get roses, Katie just grabbed one rose and took it with her for dramatic effect.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Meanwhile, it looks like the last RC for Judge Reinhold.

Yeah, I figured it was a fake out, too.  But it was so lame and Thomas probably breathed a sigh of relief. 

On to BiP, Thomas!

2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Okay guys, what do I win for predicting this?

Hot peppers?

• LOL 5

Thomas was made for BiP anyway. 

Oh man, the guys are all rejoicing in Katie ditching Thomas...then they'll see Blake and lose their shit so bad they'll miss the good old days of Thomas and his shiny nose. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 8

I thought she was giving the last rose to Thomas, then she didn't. So who got the last rose?

Oh, I see. Blake's getting it.

She goes from one Bachelor auditioner to another.

• Love 3

Those other guys who got cut looked cute. A whole lot cuter than Blake, who is about to become the archetypical asshole in every murder mystery who everyone hates so that when they get murdered, no one feels bad and everyone's a suspect. With less murder...hopefully. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Thomas was made for BiP anyway. 

Oh man, the guys are all rejoicing in Katie ditching Thomas...then they'll see Blake and lose their shit so bad they'll miss the good old days of Thomas and his shiny nose. 

He really did look like a glazed donut. I was getting distracted watching Katie's reflection bounce off of his forehead.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
Just now, Madding crowd said:

Two of the guys she sent home were really cute. I would have sent Blake and Hunter home instead.

One was the guy who looked like Leslie Howard.

• Love 5

All three of those women are dumbasses if they don't know where the habanero ranks on the Scoville Scale. That credits clip was disgusting. Didn't those use to be fun?

Yeah, this entire franchise used to be fun. And that stopped too.

• Love 6
(edited)

I’ve had about enough of Tayshia and Kaitlyn. Especially Kaitlyn, that VOICE!

I bowed out but I’ll catch it later when I can FF. 

Katie is going to get her heart crushed with Blake. I think Big Foot wasn’t that distant of a relative. She is wasting this opportunity to get to know some really good guys. 

Edited by Kiss my mutt
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Seriously though, what happened to that last rose? One minute she had it in her hand then it just evaporated after she kicked out Thomas. Wasn't in her hand, wasn't on the table, nowhere. Did she throw it at Thomas? Did he eat it as he stormed out the door? Did she give it to someone else?

How can such a boring episode leave so many unanswered questions???

• Love 4

When you watch The Bachelorette you have to do what Joel McHale says: "Turn off your brain and have some fun!"

23 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Lamb18, thank you for elevating the discussion tonight with a rare nod to Leslie Howard.  

Thank you, and I lowered it by mentioning The Celebrity Datimg Game.

• LOL 3
(edited)

The dramatic music! Katie's overly large veneers! The sparkly plaid jacket! What am I watching?

And yes, Kaitlin's enhancements have aged her so much and taken away her natural cuteness.

Blake looks like a poor man's John Travolta. Somehow I picture him sitting at a campfire ripping ass. He just looks stinky.

Edited by sauce62
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

More tattle tale stuff ... didn't we do this last week and the week before and the week before that? *sigh*

since Katie was THE tattle-tale on the Bachelor, they figured she would like it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Interesting, so even 70 degrees wouldn't warrant a turtleneck.

I'm no fan of turtlenecks either, but I live where this was filmed and March is usually pretty cold and windy here and April was colder than usual too.  There's still snow on the mountains in a lot of the shots.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Seriously, so what if Thomas wants to be the next Bachelor. Why send him home if Katie likes him and wants to get to know him better. Sending him home is stupid, there are WEEKS left in this season. Well, for us viewers anyway.

I guess each guy is supposed to be 100% POSITIVE that he wants to marry someone he has never met, and not allowed to think about what might happen if he wasn't chosen.   I don't buy it.   EVERY guy there has thought of "what next?"  They become part of this weird bachelor club, where they are only allowed to date other club members.  They know that the Bachelor, or Bachelor in Paradise, is the next step for anyone who isn't chosen .

• Love 7

Katie wants someone who will do ANYTHING for her - so they have to eat habanero peppers to prove their love.  But she doesn't give a shit about any of them, asking them to do this for her own entertainment.  

Imagine how messed up these guys digestive systems might be - eating large amounts of carbs, then peppers. UGH!

• Love 5

WHen Tayshia tells Katie there's "someone"  who reached out and wants to meet her, Katie asks "who?"  and her facial expression, her tone of voice, said to me that she knew exactly who it was, and that she had expected it.  

Blake said he was interested in Katie when she was on The Bachelor, "the moment she stepped out o the limo."  SO - he liked the dildo?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don’t understand these group dates. I thought that she was supposed to be interacting with the guys. The guys do things while she just sits there.

What’s next Katie, lie detectors.

I don’t know if it was clever editing but, a lot of the guys who spent time with Katie already had roses. You can’t complain and then not try.

Andrew S needs to shut up. Tre was going to tell Katie no matter what.

Too bad Christian was sent home. He was nice to look at.

Can Aaron be sent home yet? I don’t understand the appeal.

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

These guys are probably thinking, "I'd have much more fun on BIP.  And I wouldn't have to eat fucking hot peppers either."

Evan and Carly had to eat hot peppers on their first BIP date and then kiss for several minutes without interruption to break a world record. Carly had to throw up after that.

I would have loved it if anyone had straight-up refused participating in that date. All of those "dares" were stupid and degrading.

The real wrong reasons people who need to go home immediately are Katie's stylist, makeup artist, and manicurist. The plaid, sequined, fit-and-flare blazer dress on the group date was a crime, the rose ceremony makeup made her look like a failed drag queen, and her nails looked like shovels painted with white-out.

I only just realized during this episode how cute Christian is, and now he's gone.

Thomas looks like he's had both cheek and chin implants. Not only are those bones unnaturally pronounced in his face, his skin is also stretched unnaturally tight over them, hence the shiny look.

When Katie went to Blake's room and supposedly woke him up from naked sleep, he could have thrown on a pair of sweatpants but instead chose boxer briefs so that Katie and the entire audience could see how big his penis is. There's "sex positive" and then there's Blake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Based on the previews for next week there are going to be scantily clad men in tiny wrestling singlets on a group date.  Last Bachelorette season, there were men in speedos and jockstraps- one of the producers is definitely projecting their kinks onto these group dates and I AM HERE FOR IT! 😆💯💓

• LOL 3
8 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

When you watch The Bachelorette you have to do what Joel McHale says: "Turn off your brain and have some fun!"

Thank you, and I lowered it by mentioning The Celebrity Datimg Game.

OMG <retch> did I see Demi on the ad for celebrity dating? some people just wont go away.

7 hours ago, TomGirl said:

What was up with Brendan’s hair??

elvis style pompadour---I was fascinated.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, sauce62 said:

The dramatic music! Katie's overly large veneers! The sparkly plaid jacket! What am I watching?

And yes, Kaitlin's enhancements have aged her so much and taken away her natural cuteness.

Blake looks like a poor man's John Travolta. Somehow I picture him sitting at a campfire ripping ass. He just looks stinky.

I try not to look at Kaitlyn(I only fixed my earlobes). she looks so distorted especially with her hair up. I still think Tayshia is adorable.

8 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’ve had about enough of Tayshia and Kaitlyn. Especially Kaitlyn, that VOICE!

I bowed out but I’ll catch it later when I can FF. 

Katie is going to get her heart crushed with Blake. I think Big Foot wasn’t that distant of a relative. She is wasting this opportunity to get to know some really good guys. 

Ok my recollection is that Blake really liked Clare, and did not stay for Tayshia--am I wrong??

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Ok my recollection is that Blake really liked Clare, and did not stay for Tayshia--am I wrong??

He fell in love with Claire, was disappointed when Claire left with Dale, but then quickly fell in love with Tayshia, and was disappointed when she chose someone else. And then he saw Katie on The Bachelor,  and fell in love with her.  He wants that PEOPLE  magazine cover, and will fall in love with as many bachelorettes as it takes to get it.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, TroopinFairy said:

don’t understand these group dates. I thought that she was supposed to be interacting with the guys. The guys do things while she just sits there.

Well, she doesn't just sit there. She sits there with her 2 best friends as they mock and laugh at the guys who are trying to impress her.  And then she declares the whole date "fun" and pushes the guys to agree that its "fun" to go on a demeaning outing with a bunch of guys.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Imagine how messed up these guys digestive systems might be - eating large amounts of carbs, then peppers. UGH!

And the one guy said he hadn't eaten carbs in 7 years - he's in for a nice stomach ache.

• Love 5

The whole construct of the show sets it up for drama -- you put a bunch of people fighting for one person together and there are bound to be fireworks. I miss the old days of the show when there wasn't so much obvious producer interference. The whole "wrong reasons" thing has been played over and over and over with better "villains."  

Thomas made no secret that his original intention was to come on to be The Bachelor. His biggest crime was being too honest. 

I like Katie and think she has some great guys. Bringing Blake in is a big yuck.

I am looking forward to little Hunter (the lovechild of Ron Perlman and Taylor Lautner) having his evil moment in the sun. I think they are going for a "villain of the week" theme this season. 

8 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

And the one guy said he hadn't eaten carbs in 7 years - he's in for a nice stomach ache.

No carbs for seven years... what a fun life he must have. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, JenLily said:

I was telling Mr. Lily last night as we were watching that I don't really like the dynamic of having Tayshia and Kaitlyn participating in the show. During the group date, it did feel very much like they were making fun of the guys which really brought to mind an us vs. them mentality. And when Katie has individual conversations with the girls, I feel like the girls (whether intentionally or unconsciously) are influencing the decisions that Katie is making. Chris had an element of neutrality when the Bachelor/ettes approached him with questions or issues that I don't think Tayshia or Kaitlyn have managed to learn yet. They're very much in "support the new girl" mode, which is nice but maybe not ultimately helpful when it comes to Katie deciding who she wants to marry.

I'm getting really tired of the Merry Band of Wrong Reasons Spotters going after men they think aren't right for Katie. They're just moving from one target to another, pretending they're doing it in the best interests of Katie and with no acknowledgement of their personal gain when they manage to get someone ousted. I'm with Andrew S. Let Katie suss out the dickheads for herself. It's extremely patronizing, acting like she's this damsel in distress in need of protection from the Big Strong Men around her.

Side note, I *really* didn't like what Katie did to Thomas at the rose ceremony. Her publicly chastising him like that didn't display strength or confidence to me, it smacked of emasculation and bullying. If she had walked him out and said that to him privately, I would have had less of an issue but I am not here for any lead singling out a contestant for humiliation in front of the others like that. Talk about teaching the guys that the best way for them to get ahead is to vilify one of the others. I've fallen off the Katie train, and I had a tenuous grasp to begin with.

Chris definitely brought a calming neutrality to this franchise and I feel like the gaggle of gal pals vibe from Tayshia and Kaitlyn is too much ditsy/overly emotional interference for me.  How can Katie make the right decisions if the cohosts say, "Yeah, he was so great" or "I feel like crying with you"?  I wonder if they're only going to be hosts one season or if they will be the assistants to The Bachelor.  I liked Chris Harrison's hosting a lot.

I think that Thomas had ulterior motives, but I think a lot of the guys subconsciously might want to build their brands or be open to dating other women.  I thought about it, and I think that the men were most threatened by the fact that Katie felt the most sexually/visually attracted to Thomas.  The men used his honest statements of wanting to build his platform/bachelor potential as the scapegoat to have him eliminated ASAP.  Katie should have taken him aside to say those things- she wanted to come off as empowered, but it just came off as really hotheaded and confrontational.   I'm not a big fan of Katie, I don't find her funny or captivating in personality- but I watch the show for the hot guys, so I'll have to grin and bear it for now.  

• Love 14
(edited)

Chris Harrison brought a "dad/uncle" vibe, that guidance in your life where an adult helps you reach your own decision, but never crosses the line into influencing your decision.

Kaitlyn & Taisha are the opposite.  They giggle and sneer, and yes, they are influencing Katie's decisions.  

They are supposed to be Katie's "best girlfriends", when in reality, they are co-workers.  

They need a new host, maybe Wells!  Someone who would give insight and feedback, without influence.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 24

Katie, Tayshia and Kaitlyn were all once upon a time contestants who then became the lead. There are countless contestants or leads who then spun that off into lucrative appearances in Bachelor Nation affiliated shows, with Tayshia now even doing commercials. It’s hardly surprising that Thomas contemplated that life when applying for the show.

Where he fails, in my opinion, is that not for one second do I believe he has any interest in Katie, but he believes himself to be a smooth talker who can finesse his way through. He’s not a smooth talker at all (demonsterize)??? and very fake and transparent, but it seemed to work on Katie and I suppose that’s all that mattered.

I know Katie declares that she wants to be told all these things, but now it’s becoming Bachelors United and they’re sort of making the picks for Katie. I see both Tre’s side as well as Andrew’s. 

I didn’t like Blake before and I think we are in for a season of this Bachelors United takedown of threats in the house, but I feel that Katie is into him.

I don’t watch live because I’m not going to sit through all the commercials, but I don’t see any thread for Week 4. 

• Love 11