Type keyword(s) to search

S17. LIVE CHAT - all episodes

• Start Topic

(edited)

When Tayshia and Katelynn were talking to Katie in her room, I got the feeling that they were both drunk but were trying to appear sober.  Katelynn especially had wide eyes and an intense "trying to follow the conversation" expression.  

Katie seems very nice and very sensitive but also very immature.  She has all of these smoking hot dudes after her, dressed to the nines, and she's chasing after Blake.  I get a feeling of someone who always wants what she can't have. Her overall demeanor is pretty teenager-ish for a 30 year old and it bugs me.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I guess each guy is supposed to be 100% POSITIVE that he wants to marry someone he has never met, and not allowed to think about what might happen if he wasn't chosen.   I don't buy it.   EVERY guy there has thought of "what next?" 

Also, couldn’t Thomas have just said “What I said about considering being the next Bachelor actually proves that I’m serious about finding a wife, be it you or someone else in the Bachelor franchise.” ????

I mean, he IS 100% positive about marrying someone he’s never met… I found him squirmy and gross (not a fan), but I really did not understand the issue. If he admitted that he was on the show hoping it would grow his acting career or business, that would be a different story. 

• Love 11

If Katie is such a strong independent woman why would she need T and K in her ear all the time. It really takes the focus off the men and puts the focus on their antics. These activities come across as hazing to me and not entertaining. 
I don’t like this new direction of having former contestants host. It was bad enough when they’d come for a “visit” but at least it wasn’t all the time, front and center. We don’t need a peanut gallery,  We’re the peanut gallery. 

Maybe we need a portmanteau for Tayshia and Kaitlyn like TayKay.  I think Tay would be better on her own since she more reserved and Can act professionally without Kay hamming it up in her donkey voice. 

• Love 15

Katie just posted on her IG stories three things that I found more interesting than the whole Thomas debate (I agreed with both Tre and Andrew S FWIW)

1. Pic of her and Justin batting a volleyball around ‘blowing off steam’ 

2. pic of her and Hunter celebrating his one year sobriety anniversary.  She said she drank sparkling cider that night to honor him.

3. A pic of her and James drinking tea because he was born in London.

I know that the show crafts their storylines for drama but honestly it gets boring.  I’d much rather see playful moments between the lead and the men and get to know the personalities of the contestants.  Being sober for a year especially doing so in a pandemic is amazing!  I’d like to hear more about that.  When did James move to the states and what were the circumstances behind that?  Why is she comfortable blowing off steam with Justin?  Instead we get 90 minutes of Thomas bashing because he dared to say Voldemort’s name.

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, nittany cougar said:

When Tayshia and Katelynn were talking to Katie in her room, I got the feeling that they were both drunk but were trying to appear sober.  Katelynn especially had wide eyes and an intense "trying to follow the conversation" expression.  

Katie seems very nice and very sensitive but also very immature.  She has all of these smoking hot dudes after her, dressed to the nines, and she's chasing after Blake.  I get a feeling of someone who always wants what she can't have. Her overall demeanor is pretty teenager-ish for a 30 year old and it bugs me.

I noticed the possible drunkenness in Tayshia and Kaitlyn too!  The pursed lips and wide glossy eyes with the head nodding were definite tip offs.  Katie is definitely immature and impulsive- chasing instant sexual attraction and passion over good character and thoughtfulness in guys.  Fame whore Blake made it through after a 5 minute interaction while great guys were eliminated this week- that speaks volumes about Katie's decision making.  Frankly, I look at and listen to intelligent, well spoken and handsome guys like Andrew M and Mike P and that Great Gatsby guy and think they are way out of her league in so many ways- I actually hope that she doesn't pick them so that they can find a more suitable girlfriend in the real world. 

• Love 7

Here for the right reasons has sure made for a dull show. Every conversation Katie has with anyone is about that point. 

Katie believes these 30 men arrived at the site already in love with her and ready to propose marriage. The show is about Katie picking one, then getting engaged at the end. If any of them wants to get to know her first before popping the question, then he is here for the wrong reason. If one thinks, hey if me & Katie don't make a connection, who knows, maybe they will pick me as The Bachelor! you got it, wrong reason. No guy should be able to see his life past wanting to get engaged to Katie. 

Dull. It is getting so I am not sure I even like her that much. I am thinking she isn't all that pretty either. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, JenLily said:

Side note, I *really* didn't like what Katie did to Thomas at the rose ceremony. Her publicly chastising him like that didn't display strength or confidence to me, it smacked of emasculation and bullying

Yes, and I wonder if the strong wording of it - that he was "using" her to further his own agenda - was influenced by her two besties, Tayshia and Kaitlyn.   They really seemed to be pissed at him for even considering that there might be an alternative if he didn't fall in love with Katie.  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yes, and I wonder if the strong wording of it - that he was "using" her to further his own agenda - was influenced by her two besties, Tayshia and Kaitlyn.   They really seemed to be pissed at him for even considering that there might be an alternative if he didn't fall in love with Katie.  

I think the three of them probably came up with the harsh phrasing of the Thomas rejection speech while eating Chex mix and Capri Sun juice boxes during a secret slumber party the night before.  

• LOL 14
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Arkay said:

Katie, Tayshia and Kaitlyn were all once upon a time contestants who then became the lead. There are countless contestants or leads who then spun that off into lucrative appearances in Bachelor Nation affiliated shows, with Tayshia now even doing commercials. It’s hardly surprising that Thomas contemplated that life when applying for the show.

YES !  I think that is a great point.   All three of these women started their "journey"  as contestants on The Bachelor.  They probably each went in considering that they COULD be the Bachelorette in the future  - and all three were chosen!  So how dare they pretend that it is somehow wrong for a guy to consider being the Bachelor!  

I remember on this forum,  when Katie was on The Bachelor, and was the voice for anti-bullying, a lot of use saw that as her "Bachelorette audition".  I thought every move she made was toward becoming the Bachelorette.  But, as Tay and Kay said - the one thing you don't do is SAY that you want to be the next lead - that guarantees you won't be.  What worked for Katie didn't work for Thomas.  But he didn't deserve the way she treated him.  

(I also wonder about producer elimination.  Perhaps he was recruited for the show with the intent of him being the next lead, as I  suspect happened with Katie). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Katie wants someone who will do ANYTHING for her - so they have to eat habanero peppers to prove their love.  But she doesn't give a shit about any of them, asking them to do this for her own entertainment.  

Imagine how messed up these guys digestive systems might be - eating large amounts of carbs, then peppers. UGH!

I bet their toilets were destroyed the next morning!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

(I also wonder about producer elimination.  Perhaps he was recruited for the show with the intent of him being the next lead, as I  suspect happened with Katie). 

I totally agree with you.  Some are selected to be eliminated early, some selected to be villains, a few are selected to possibly interest the lead, and many are selected just to audition for Bachelor.  I am angry on behalf of all those guys who gave up their jobs and left their families, when the producers allow a Bachelor or Bachelorette to invite someone mid-season that he/she has been courting pre-show.  

• Love 10
4 hours ago, azprimadonna said:

I totally agree with you.  Some are selected to be eliminated early, some selected to be villains, a few are selected to possibly interest the lead, and many are selected just to audition for Bachelor.  I am angry on behalf of all those guys who gave up their jobs and left their families, when the producers allow a Bachelor or Bachelorette to invite someone mid-season that he/she has been courting pre-show.  

Especially with the quarantine requirement.   I can’t imagine quarantining 2 weeks and then getting cut early. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Notes to Bachelorette producers:

1) we know you manipulate the proceedings (what reality show doesn’t).  But we shouldn’t be able to constantly see your manipulations, and, wow, this season of The Bachelorette might as well be called The Producers Show featuring The Bachelorette.  I mean by the point we get to “hey, guess what, we’re bringing back Blake,” I am soooooo past the point of “give us a break.”  Heavy-handed producer seasons are the worst.  Just stop it.

2) Reality shows start to become unwatchable when they start being “everybody gangs up on one person.”  It starts to look like bullying, no matter how you try and spin it, and it’s just not fun to watch.  You’ve given us this same scenario twice now this season, and we’ve only had, what, four episodes?  A scheming villain can be fun; but everybody ganging up on one person is just tedious and unpleasant, no matter what it’s about.

3) On the same note, realize that Katie looks like a complete sucker— and not very bright— if the moment anybody comes to her and tattle-tales on another contestant she immediately believes them.  Again, we’ve already seen her do this twice in just a few episodes.  If she wants to look like somebody who isn’t easily manipulated, maybe showing a little skepticism and independence (rather than immediately buying what she's told or running off to Tayisha and Kaitlyn) might actually make her look stronger and less like a dimwit.

4) The audience already knows that everybody— every. single. contestant.— has thought about being The Bachelor or Bachelorette when they come on the show.  Any contestant who says they haven’t is a great big liar.  So producer-manipulated storylines about The Bachelorette being shocked— absolutely shocked— that somebody might acknowledge this obvious fact come off as ridiculously phony and contrived and again, make her look like one of the dumbest people on earth.  

Thomas actually comes across as more honest, not less, for acknowledging this, so to see him punished for it while we, the audience, are supposed to pretend some insane fairy tale that all these people came on a highly famous tv show simply to fall in love with someone they’d never even met is obnoxious and insulting to a lot of viewers.  Which brings us back to point #1, above— producers, quit being so annoyingly obvious.  (One of the worst— and most producer-heavy seasons of The Bachelorette was the one where they brought back Nick, so seeing him back last week was foreshadowing— and then having them pull the same stunt they did with Nick this week with Blake— should clue us in that this season is likely going to keep being irredeemably bad).

Edited by bobbyjoe
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I knew Blake was full of shit when he said he watched her on Matt’s season and found her “intriguing”.  

Yes, he was intrigued the minute she stepped out of the limo.  Carrying a sex toy.

• LOL 7
On 6/28/2021 at 6:58 PM, tennisgurl said:

Thomas was made for BiP anyway. 

Oh man, the guys are all rejoicing in Katie ditching Thomas...then they'll see Blake and lose their shit so bad they'll miss the good old days of Thomas and his shiny nose. 

I thought the whole Thomas story line was an excuse for her to be once again a truth-speaking, fearless, bold, grown-ass woman who takes no crap.  And it made me feel sorry for Thomas! 

• Love 8
(edited)
17 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Request for the mods (@Door County Cherry): can we please go back to having one thread per episode, for both live posts and later posts? There's not much activity each episode, but it would still be nice to have a dedicated thread per episode. And it doesn't really make sense to separate live posts from later posts because people who don't watch live sometimes want to reply to a live post.

Yeah, I tried tagging @Door County Cherry to this end last week, but haven’t been able to get a mod’s attention here. If “the site” sets up a live thread, then it automatically locks and unlocks so it’s only used for the live chat, but it was seemingly a mistake for a site member to set this up without any controls. In past seasons, occasionally we would need to start that week’s episode thread ourselves if a mod didn’t preset it for the week. But now that everyone is posting in this “live” thread, we’ve given up on even attempting to set up the weekly thread. I tried that last week (or the week before??) to direct everyone to the weekly thread instead, but no one listened to me. 😉 See what you’ve done. 🤣

ETA: Is @peachmangosteen still around??

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 8

I found Blake annoying when he was falling for Claire.

I found Blake smarmy, and disingenuous when he pivoted and fell ‘in love’ with Tayshia.

I now loathe Blake who has to come and take a chance with Katie because he just knows they could fall in love.

And on a shallow note, I don’t find him in the least bit attractive.

Tell me again how Thomas is the villain? At least he’s honest about his fame whoring. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
On 6/29/2021 at 9:08 AM, tinkerbell said:

He fell in love with Claire, was disappointed when Claire left with Dale, but then quickly fell in love with Tayshia, and was disappointed when she chose someone else. And then he saw Katie on The Bachelor,  and fell in love with her.  He wants that PEOPLE  magazine cover, and will fall in love with as many bachelorettes as it takes to get it.

did he and tayshia ever kiss? wow i guess this show is numbing my mind

• Love 1

Katie ripping Thomas a new one reminded me of what Claire always did. She would all of a sudden start spewing invective when she was mad. 

She thinks people see her as 'oh such a strong woman!' . 

• Love 11

Every week that goes by, I find myself disliking Katie more and more. I thought her “dressing down” of Thomas in front of the others was unnecessary, immature and “mean girl” of her especially since she was so anti-bullying on Matt’s season. 
Every time Tay-Kay clomps out together to make an announcement I’m just have to laugh. No need for one person to talk and the other just stand there grinning stupidly at the guys. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Katie: Thomas, I'm sorry if you felt ostracized.
Me: Dude, he doesn't know what that means - he just used the word 'demonsterized' two minutes ago.

I must be in the minority because I was obsessed with Katie's plaid sequin coat.

No carbs in 7 years is an automatic dealbreaker over here.

So many of these men are hard to look at. Instead of trading out the Bachelorette like last season, can we trade out this cast? But not for even bigger losers like Blake please?

I can't believe Andrew has become my favorite despite continually using a cringey fake English accent. 

At least we know there's another Bachelorette season to choose the next Bach from, because if this was it, I'd be begging them to go back to the vaults of seasons past.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Every time Tay-Kay clomps out together to make an announcement I’m just have to laugh. No need for one person to talk and the other just stand there grinning stupidly at the guys. 

Yup, "clomps" is an accurate description.  I'm waiting for one of them to break an ankle in those shoes.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I want someone to ask Katie:  (and also her besties Kay and Tay)

When YOU were on the Bachelor, did it ever cross your mind, that you could be The Bachelorette?   Because you DID become the Bachelorette, so you must have thought about it at some point, when you either didn't "fall in love" or didn't get a rose.     So why is it so outlandish and horrible that Thomas had that same thought about his future?  

• Love 13
15 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

3) On the same note, realize that Katie looks like a complete sucker— and not very bright— if the moment anybody comes to her and tattle-tales on another contestant she immediately believes them.  Again, we’ve already seen her do this twice in just a few episodes.  If she wants to look like somebody who isn’t easily manipulated, maybe showing a little skepticism and independence (rather than immediately buying what she's told or running off to Tayisha and Kaitlyn) might actually make her look stronger and less like a dimwit.

Right. Does she realize that people are now actively seeking rewards for participating in her "see something, say something" campaign? So if she wants to be "devastated" at every single group date, every cocktail party, every rose ceremony, sure, keep it up. Keep rewarding the tattletales with roses and they'll keep finding new things to tell you.

OR trust your own instincts and keep it moving. Maybe she's just too young or too immature to realize that if you go looking for trouble, you'll find it. Especially since the big crime here is a person coming on the show thinking about the opportunities it could open up. It's not like discovering he was a murderer or a rapist or something that would constitute an actual deal-breaker. Someone not falling head over heels in 3 weeks or thinking about 2 things at once (liking her AND maybe getting a shot at other opportunities if she decides he isn't her #1 out of 30), which she doesn't seem to consider as an option, those are not high crimes.

Katie: Thomas, I'm sorry if you felt ostracized.
Me: Dude, he doesn't know what that means - he just used the word 'demonsterized' two minutes ago.

LOL, I had to rewind at "demonsterized" when I heard it. 

I do think Thomas was too slick and was definitely attempting to manipulate her, but the rose ceremony thing was pretty cruel. She could have easily said that to him in private when they talked, bringing him to the front of the room under the guise of giving him a rose only to smack him down. Just seemed a punishment too harsh for the level of "crime" he'd committed thus far. He should have gone home, but the theatrics were over the top. 

I found Blake annoying when he was falling for Claire.

I found Blake smarmy, and disingenuous when he pivoted and fell ‘in love’ with Tayshia.

I now loathe Blake who has to come and take a chance with Katie because he just knows they could fall in love.

And on a shallow note, I don’t find him in the least bit attractive.

Yes, the lower part of his face is way too huge. And I don't recall him being any kind of a frontrunner or real contender with either of the TWO previous Bachelorettes. So...not someone I needed to see again.

It's funny how they find these nobody also-rans to bring back for a big dramatic (yet familiar and now trite) reappearance. Like that blonde chick last season who rolled up in a white wedding dress and a minivan and got turned away. 

I guess the popular ones don't feel the need to go through a 2-week quarantine and a hostile crowd just to get their mugs back on TV. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, jade.black said:

I can't believe Andrew has become my favorite despite continually using a cringey fake English accent. 

I love Andrew's attitude.  I was already rooting for him since he's from a city close to me (in IL, not Vienna).

• Love 2
On 6/29/2021 at 12:31 PM, tinkerbell said:

YES !  I think that is a great point.   All three of these women started their "journey"  as contestants on The Bachelor.  They probably each went in considering that they COULD be the Bachelorette in the future  - and all three were chosen!  So how dare they pretend that it is somehow wrong for a guy to consider being the Bachelor!  

I remember on this forum,  when Katie was on The Bachelor, and was the voice for anti-bullying, a lot of use saw that as her "Bachelorette audition".  I thought every move she made was toward becoming the Bachelorette.  But, as Tay and Kay said - the one thing you don't do is SAY that you want to be the next lead - that guarantees you won't be.  What worked for Katie didn't work for Thomas.  But he didn't deserve the way she treated him.  

Drunken Kaitlyn actually said that very thing--the best way not to become the Bachelor is to SAY you want to become the Bachelor!

• Love 3

Katie is angry that Thomas mentioned the possibility of being the bachelor because that would mean he’s there for the wrong reasons . Oh But wait . Did Katie turn down the role of the bachelorette ? Nope . I guess her intentions on Matt’s season weren’t pure either 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

I would venture to bet that ALL of the people who apply for the show have that on their mind . Let’s face facts . You’d have a way better chance going on dating websites or meeting a partner just about anywhere else rather than in an environment where you have to compete with 30 other people . Why would anyone want to go through that to find love ? And I believe the answer is because there are cameras and Instagram followers involved . Meeting someone is just a bonus . 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, jade.black said:

I must be in the minority because I was obsessed with Katie's plaid sequin coat.

No carbs in 7 years is an automatic dealbreaker over here.

Yes to both statements!

I, too, was obsessed with Katie's plaid sequin coat.  I thought it looked amazing, plus they had said it was cold, so it was the perfect way to dress up for a night outdoors.  I thought it was so gorgeous!  (hangs head in shame, as I realize I'm in the minority here!)

And yeah, I thought it was hilarious that the no carbs in 7 years dude was served a platter of Twinkies.  You know he gobbled them with joy.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, deSchenke said:

I liked the plaid blazer/shirt dress too. It was a bit too sparkly for me, but I thought Katie pulled it off well.

IMO there was too much going on with that dress. The plaid pattern, fit-and-flare cut, double-breasted front, *and* the sequins. Without the fit-and-flare and sequins it could have been a chic blazer dress.

• Love 4
On 6/29/2021 at 10:26 PM, Alexander Pope said:

I believe that is pronounced, "IT'S A LAWT."

This was also her go-to whenever she got into a serious convo in which she, lord forbid, would have to take a stance or reveal something about her herself that 'followers' might not like or hold her too. It's a lawt trying to please everyone.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 6/29/2021 at 12:24 PM, Hip-to-be-Square said:

I think the three of them probably came up with the harsh phrasing of the Thomas rejection speech while eating Chex mix and Capri Sun juice boxes during a secret slumber party the night before.  

Just caught up with this episode and had it on in the background during the Truth or Dare stuff, and it sounded like they were at a slumber party...in junior high.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Just caught up with this episode and had it on in the background during the Truth or Dare stuff, and it sounded like they were at a slumber party...in junior high.

All they are missing is a game of twister and teeth retainers. 

• LOL 4
On 6/30/2021 at 11:21 AM, TVMovieBuff said:

Katie ripping Thomas a new one reminded me of what Claire always did. She would all of a sudden start spewing invective when she was mad. 

She thinks people see her as 'oh such a strong woman!' . 

I thought "oh such a rude woman." 

Unless there was a lot edited out about Thomas, her treatment of him was cruel. 

On 6/30/2021 at 6:21 PM, Jax7917 said:

Katie is angry that Thomas mentioned the possibility of being the bachelor because that would mean he’s there for the wrong reasons . Oh But wait . Did Katie turn down the role of the bachelorette ? Nope . I guess her intentions on Matt’s season weren’t pure either 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

I would venture to bet that ALL of the people who apply for the show have that on their mind . Let’s face facts . You’d have a way better chance going on dating websites or meeting a partner just about anywhere else rather than in an environment where you have to compete with 30 other people . Why would anyone want to go through that to find love ? And I believe the answer is because there are cameras and Instagram followers involved . Meeting someone is just a bonus . 

Exactly. I wish they'd spare us the "this is my only way to find love" act. I'm older than a lot of them, and I get hit on at the grocery store. My friends have found husbands on Tinder. You ALL either want some attention/fame/money/opportunities, something other than simply wanting to find your person. 

On 6/29/2021 at 2:16 PM, tinkerbell said:

Wasn't there a similar situation Hannah Brown's season with Demi in her ear over a guy who may have had someone when he signed up? I'm so over the girls' version of girl power. It's pathetic.

• Love 3
On 6/29/2021 at 10:26 PM, Alexander Pope said:

I believe that is pronounced, "IT'S A LAWT."

We say it in my house all the time post her season.

You are my people @ Alexander Pope. I say it all the time too. 

This "self-care" angle is a new low for the franchise. They are out of ideas for covid-shutdown seasons so we as the viewers are served this. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Oh come on, Bachelorette producers-  Blake did NOT come up with that reenactment of John Cusack in "Say Anything" with the boombox surprise for Katie- so ridiculous.  

No, it makes total sense.

Socks: check

Shirts: check

Pants: check

80s Era Boombox: check

Underwear: damn, no room

• LOL 2