Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Sugar Daddy or Boyfriend?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, OoogleEyes said:

They ALL have issues. 

Speaking of issues.  There is something SO discombobulating to me about Brittney's sisters entire look.  Its so jarring to me, but I can't pick out what it is.  Her makeup appears to be at least kinda the right shade, her eyebrows aren't any different than what everyone else is doing, her eye and lip makeup is strong, but so was the wig lady (who I thought was adorable). 

I think they should do an entire cast trip to that wig store, because THAT is how you wear a wig.  I knew it was a wig, I could see the lace, but I thought the woman wore it well and it fit her bubbly personality.  

1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

The lady who works at the prison has some things she needs to work on.  By herself.  

She can work on that while she lets her dude work on those teeth.  

Anyways, someone totally called it last week, Courtney probably seemed whimsical and fun for someone locked behind bars, but he, very clearly is not going to stick around.

It has nothing to do with how she looks, but like you said, you can tell there are...problems. 

• Love 3

Other thoughts

1.  So Stan wrote Lisa into his will?  He only met her a handful of times.  

2. Whats in that basement????

3. Lisa sounds strung out on something.  

4. Can't believe wig woman didn't even try to upsell Stan into a new hairpiece, she should have gotten a new toupee and put it next to the blonde wig to show him how he and Lisa could look together.  

5. I'd like to think I'm a modern woman, but it was kinda weird seeing Courtney's friend constantly opening the door for Josh. 

6. Rachel.....gosh that is complicated and dark.  I think there is a chance that she gets something out of being the martyr victim.  Like maybe she likes the idea that she knows and everyone knows that she i too good for him. 

7.  But I had to shake my head at a guy who can't even stay out of jail long enough for an extended remix of Motown Philly talk about how "almost isn't good enough"  OK Jan.

8.  Daonte standing on the side of the road while a camera crew films from behind the bushes....what could go wrong??  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, goofygirl said:

The lady who works at the prison has some things she needs to work on.  By herself.  

Dear god that girl is a MESS. I think she only became a screw so she could have her pick of felons. And she seems to think she's in some caper movie from the sixties, with her disguises and all. The pickle costume finished me. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Daonte standing on the side of the road while a camera crew films from behind the bushes....what could go wrong??  

Daonte handing his girl an envelope full of cash right off the bat. Also, what could go wrong? He is a full on idiot and she just hit the lottery. It's going to be painful watching him get screwed over. 

So I guess the theme this season is women (and Daonte) who have already had relationships with prisoners going in for a second time becasue the first disaster wasn't enough. 

• Love 13

Am I the only one who thought Muskrat Stan's palatial manor looked like the 'before' in one of those HGTV makeover shows? Seriously, old school oak kitchen cabinets, old white appliances, formica counters, and I'm pretty sure those were linoleum tiles on the floor. And if he made his first million by age 40, what was he doing the last 25 years? Seriously, unless he invested in risky real estate in 2008 or something, he should have done way better than just doubling his money. However, he loves his old kitty, so he can't be all bad (an idiot, yes, but not evil). I expect the lovely Lisa to be not only shorn, but fat when they finally show her, btw.

Daonte makes me sad. Leaving aside Nichole, jr., he seems harmless and naive. Too bad he's an idiot. Also, his mother's crazy contacts and makeup detract from whatever common sense she tries to impart. 

Rachel rolling her eyes at Doug's hostility on the phone will get her a black eye or a broken nose if she tries it in person, when he gets out. At least she's shown an unwillingness to tolerate abuse in the past; hopefully, Doug will just move on, and not try to stalk her, or get revenge when she dumps him. 

Courtney is certainly a testament to the resilience of the human spirit. Or something. Josh looks like a serial killer.

Somebody on live chat last night said it best about the Brittney scene: The whole family needs to up their wig game... 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, sempervivum said:

Am I the only one who thought Muskrat Stan's palatial manor looked like the 'before' in one of those HGTV makeover shows? Seriously, old school oak kitchen cabinets, old white appliances, formica counters, and I'm pretty sure those were linoleum tiles on the floor. And if he made his first million by age 40, what was he doing the last 25 years? Seriously, unless he invested in risky real estate in 2008 or something, he should have done way better than just doubling his money. However, he loves his old kitty, so he can't be all bad (an idiot, yes, but not evil). I expect the lovely Lisa to be not only shorn, but fat when they finally show her, btw.

Somebody on live chat last night said it best about the Brittney scene: The whole family needs to up their wig game... 

What gets me is that Muskrat Stan learned that she apparently lost massive hunks of hair in a fight and he is still seeing her as a good catch.  He's another one who is wiling to paint his convict love as a victim.  I'm sure she was simply attacked for being a wonderful person.  I am having shades of Lindsay and Scott when Scott explained that Lindsay was in solitary because the other women attacked her for being "young, white and pretty".  Muskrat Stan is seeing Lisa as a victim of her family and upbringing.  His love will set her on the right course.  That will happen right after he shells out $30K for her brother's bail and then her other brother's bail and her third cousin's rehab and her mother's new teeth and . . . .

Maybe Muskrat Stan can help Britney's family get new wigs?  He's got money to burn on nice looking wigs, as long as they're not for him.  Then it's no more than $5.  

• Love 13

Listening to old man Stan talking about having the hottest kinky sex of his life with his prison girlfriend makes me want to heave. I feel sorry for his daughters who loved their mother so much have to hear their dad go there. I can not wait to see this girlfriend.  

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Listening to old man Stan talking about having the hottest kinky sex of his life with his prison girlfriend makes me want to heave. I feel sorry for his daughters who loved their mother so much have to hear their dad go there. I can not wait to see this girlfriend.  

I bet she's dewy and beautiful and angelic. You know, like Lindsay. Or Christianna. Or Tracey. 

• LOL 21
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I kinda need to know whats in that basement.  

I also have to SMH that Stan knows full well she has a criminal past and a criminal family, they have met in person three times and he put Lisa in his will.  

• Love 1

So let me see if I understand this.  Daonte handed Nicolle a wad of cash, but she is still undecided if she is going to sleep with him. What an idiot!  He should have waited and given it to her $50 at a time.  I have a feeling that is what she is used to.

I was taken back when Rachel said that her ex-husband was also a felon.  She appears to be normal, so, I can’t help but wonder why she keeps going down that road. Doug sounds extremely angry and hostile.  If he is like that on the phone, I would hate to think what he is like in person.  He strikes me as the type that would hit his woman. Something tells me Rachel is in for a world of hurt. 

I think what Josh meant was that he hasn’t had sex with a woman in 11 years. 

• Love 10

Courtney made such a big dill (ha)  about the pickle outfit and forgot about everything else.  She could have atleast done something nice to her hair, maybe a little makeup,a cute top. Instead she showed up, looking like she just rolled out of bed & grabbed whatever was on the floor nearby. With all of those dogs and no hot water, i can imagine she doesn’t  smell so great.   

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

So let me see if I understand this.  Daonte handed Nicolle a wad of cash, but she is still undecided if she is going to sleep with him. What an idiot!  He should have waited and given it to her $50 at a time.  I have a feeling that is what she is used to.

Nicole will never, ever sleep with him. She's just like Lizzy, has half a dozen guys on a string, and she's bleeding them all. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Did I hear right they they have already had sex? So they’ve been together outside prison? I was a little confused on that part because I don’t think they give conjugal visits unless you’re married, right? (WHY am I discussing the sex life of a senior citizen right now??) 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ladystardust said:

Did I hear right they they have already had sex? So they’ve been together outside prison? I was a little confused on that part because I don’t think they give conjugal visits unless you’re married, right? (WHY am I discussing the sex life of a senior citizen right now??) 

IIRC, he said they met online and had a couple of dates and then she got thrown in the slammer. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

IIRC, he said they met online and had a couple of dates and then she got thrown in the slammer. 

All I know is they did something in that basement.  

It must have been something spectacular if they couldn't do it in the rest of the house that he lives in alone. 

That poor, poor cat. 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 8

I agree that Samuel the cat is the best person on this shit show.

Why on earth was Courtney lying behind a concrete divider in an empty parking lot in a pickle suit?  Did she think the image of a dead and slaughtered pickle was going to turn Josh on?  (Is that even his name?  I honestly am not sure because I'm not totally invested in anyone so far.) 

So Doug has only been jail-free for 40 days?  40 DAYS.  Rachel, you need to have a Come to Jesus moment, stat.  What's the over/under on Doug being back in jail within a month of his release?  

Yeah, Brittany, you made a bad situation worse by telling your family Ray wasn't going to be living with you.  I'm sure they'll never know!  (Especially since this is being filmed and all.)  

If Stan did put Lisa in his will, he's more idiotic than Daonte.  As far as what's in his basement, I'm going to guess it's where previous toupees go to die.  Or it's where he has all those kinky sexcapades.  #SaveSamuel 

Nicolle is never, ever going to sleep with Daonte.  Ever.  She'll keep collecting money and things while giving him an excuse.  Did they ever have any jail visits?  Is this the first time they've ever seen each other in the flesh?  I guess nothing says true love like an envelope full of money (and a pocket kitty named after you).  We need Daonte's friend's input on this immediately.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Ladystardust said:

They had a "date" after meeting on a website for women looking for a longer-term financial arrangement.  It was, per Muskrat Stan, the greatest sex he's ever had.  A few days later he couldn't get in touch with her.  (They may have had three "dates" or he said three days before he couldn't get in touch with her). Then she called him from jail.  So Muskrat Stan is ready to hand over 1/4 of his inheritance (which will be severely diminished within weeks of Lisa being out) to someone he had sex with 1-3 times and has otherwise only known over the phone from prison. He is a fool who will soon be parted from his money. 

9 hours ago, RealReality said:

All I know is they did something in that basement.  

It must have been something spectacular if they couldn't do it in the rest of the house that he lives in alone. 

That poor, poor cat. 

Personally I don't care if Stan likes to getting kinky in bed, hanging on a cross, or bent over a rocking horse with a pony tail sticking out his butt.  I wouldn't even care if it's made of Lacey's My Little Pony hair.  When it comes to sex, as long as everyone freely consents and no one is harmed, go for it. With that said, I could do without Muskrat Stan's insinuations on TV.  Seriously.  He looks in the mirror and sees this.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I see:

giphy.gif

While I am certain Sam the cat had sense enough to stay away from the basement, if he had been there:
giphy.gif

He also may have given the look that Cat PurrsALot is sporting in my avatar.  However, I suspect that being a cat with more sense than his person, Sam was curled up, snuggly and warm on the bed enjoying his solitude, all the while thankful Stan was not soiling his sleeping quarters with his sexcapades. Cats have standards. 😄

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
On 6/27/2021 at 11:39 AM, PrincessPurrsALot said:

They had a "date" after meeting on a website for women looking for a longer-term financial arrangement. 

It is staggering to me that Stan met her on a site that is for people looking for financial support - the site is literally called "Seeking Arrangement," meaning "I want to trade my companionship, in whatever form that takes, for money" - and he seems thoroughly confused about what that means. The site is very clear about what the expectations are. I don't know if he's given her any money yet, but if she was on the site, that is her expectation.

This show has the best background characters. I LOVE the wig lady. "Oh word, your lock-up sugar baby needs some wigs? Right this way."

Daonte's person is going to bleed him dry, and it's sad. 

On 6/27/2021 at 7:56 AM, psychoticstate said:

Why on earth was Courtney lying behind a concrete divider in an empty parking lot in a pickle suit?  Did she think the image of a dead and slaughtered pickle was going to turn Josh on?  (Is that even his name?  I honestly am not sure because I'm not totally invested in anyone so far.) 

So Doug has only been jail-free for 40 days?  40 DAYS.  Rachel, you need to have a Come to Jesus moment, stat.  What's the over/under on Doug being back in jail within a month of his release?  

Courtney strikes me as ... kind of fragile? Even her dude was like "Why are you on the ground in a pickle suit?" And she always sounds like she's on the verge of tears.

Now I feel even sorrier for Doug's son - he's what, 12, and his father has only been around for 40 days of his life at a time, max? That's awful. And now he's living with someone he barely knows, who at least does seem like she's interested in doing right by him, but I feel sad that his parents don't have their acts together.

• Love 8

I just caught up on the first 2 episodes. My summer is now looking up that Love After Lockup is back. 

I'm currently trying out the online (no, not prisons!) dating scene. This show makes me feel a whole lot better about myself. I mean, it's slim pickings for a woman of a certain age out there but come on -- you will never see me trying to hook up with a prisoner.

This "cast" is comedy gold. Gold, Jerry, gold! 

It took 2 episodes, but I finally figured out who Rachel looks like. She looks like a very distant cousin of Amelia from Gray's Anatomy. Very distant, and having had a hard life I might add. Anyone else see it? 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Why on earth was Courtney lying behind a concrete divider in an empty parking lot in a pickle suit?

You have to admit this is a question you never, ever thought about asking.....

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 6/26/2021 at 12:15 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

I bet she's dewy and beautiful and angelic. You know, like Lindsay. Or Christianna. Or Tracey. 

I think that "dewey" in this case = flop sweat. 

• LOL 3
On 6/29/2021 at 12:58 PM, Empress1 said:

Courtney strikes me as ... kind of fragile? Even her dude was like "Why are you on the ground in a pickle suit?" And she always sounds like she's on the verge of tears.

Oh, no doubt. She's on the edge, looking over. She was so sure that that dumb pickle joke was a sweet private joke that they shared, and that he'd absolutely love it. Instead he was all "what are you doing? Why the pickle suit?" LOL. She could be as nuts as Heather. 

• Love 5