Type keyword(s) to search

Katie and Travis: Young Love?

• Start Topic

(edited)

So during the show Travis put out on IG a pic of him and Katie from their engagement with the date 6-17-21. What is that? It can't be the wedding date which was supposedly December. Not to mention 6/17 is a Thursday? Is he hawking the airing of the engagement episode on 6/17 - bc that's a little fame whore-ish for someone not even married in yet.

Edited by cereality
10 minutes ago, cereality said:

So during the show Travis put out on IG a pic of him and Katie from their engagement with the date 6-17-21. What is that? It can't be the wedding date which was supposedly December. Not to mention 6/17 is a Thursday? Is he hawking the airing of the engagement episode on 6/17 - bc that's a little fame whore-ish for someone not even married in yet.

Probably the date their engagement episode airs. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
48 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That was the Bates' kitchen. 

Gil just called Katie "mature." 😂

I haven’t watched the show in so long. That is a nice kitchen for people who do not cook. One thing G and K are very good at is taking advantage of people (Chad!!!). Esther is going to get stuck cooking for that family. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 3

Re: cake smashing; I know people who married in the 80s and they knew they did not want to the cake smash. So it was around back then. 

As for Katie, if she knew how to cook, she'd be stuck cooking everyday possibly more than one meal. 

• Useful 1

I'd like the recipe for the stuffed chicken breast.  Sounds delicious!  Maybe she'll support them by writing a cook book.  Nathan seems really in love.  I hope she doesn't break his heart.

• Love 1
On 6/3/2021 at 10:33 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

I don’t know what’s so cute about acting incompetent. 

She thinks it contributes to image of a pretty little girl who can't do anything but sit on a sofa and be pretty. For some reason  this is the image she wants to portray.  And Travis must like his fiancé pretty but dumb. 

• Love 2

Surprised Katie is getting married at Castleton Farms though maybe not as I assume it's a $$$/comp for the show discount issue. But for people whose ONLY dreams in life are the engagement day and wedding day, you'd think they'd want something all their own without attention whores Carlin and Evan squealing every 2 seconds -- OMG we walked down the aisle this way; OUR altar was over here; Layla THIS is where MAMA and DADA got married blah blah blah.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, cereality said:

Surprised Katie is getting married at Castleton Farms though maybe not as I assume it's a $$$/comp for the show discount issue. But for people whose ONLY dreams in life are the engagement day and wedding day, you'd think they'd want something all their own without attention whores Carlin and Evan squealing every 2 seconds -- OMG we walked down the aisle this way; OUR altar was over here; Layla THIS is where MAMA and DADA got married blah blah blah.

I wonder if they shopped themselves around to other venues and nobody bit?

• Love 2

I'm guessing the show has a lot to do with their choice, but with only 6 months-ish before the wedding they may have had trouble finding an available venue. 

When my daughter got married we reserved the venue almost a year before the wedding day.  

• Useful 3

Does KJ ever wear anything but that denim skirt? It’s so unflattering on her. She sometimes models dresses from the Boutique and they usually look quite nice. Don’t know why she doesn’t buy a couple. And why was Carlin at the wedding planning? To film everything? Or did she just barge her way in so she could reminisce about her own wedding.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Maybe Katie wanted one of her bridesmaids there and Carlin was the only one available.  Alyssa is in Florida, Josie is adjusting to spending her days alone with two children while Kelton is at work, Addallee is kind of young.  Also maybe she wanted someone else there to distract her mother. I can see Kelly trying to run everything.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe Katie wanted one of her bridesmaids there and Carlin was the only one available.  Alyssa is in Florida, Josie is adjusting to spending her days alone with two children while Kelton is at work, Addallee is kind of young.  Also maybe she wanted someone else there to distract her mother. I can see Kelly trying to run everything.

Kelly definitely would and has in the past. Just from what we've seen on the show with her harassing Brandon and Bobby about courting and proposing and convincing Josie and Tori to change the color of their dress. I'm sure she's much worse when the cameras aren't around.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Did Castleton Farms comp Carlin's wedding in exchange for publicity? It's hard to imagine either family being able to afford that place, even without full catering.

The Clarks seem well off, but they are also marrying off their daughter this year.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
But, not bit. :D

This is not much of a story.

Everyone’s story seems like the most magical and most romantic to them, and ours is no exception! Our story began in the summer of 2019 (June 27th, to be exact!). We both knew of each other’s families but had never met in person. We were introduced through mutual college friends. Since we had so much in common, we hit it off right away. The Clark family sings and travels to churches, so both of our families were able to meet early in our relationship. Before long, we had a hard time staying apart and our trips to see one another seemed like they were happening often enough to have part ownership in an airline company! Just nine months later, we officially became “boyfriend” and “girlfriend.”  

We spent the next 13 months growing closer, sharing fun memories, laughing, learning, talking, and, of course, falling more and more in love. On April 7, 2021, we got engaged at a beautiful resort overlooking the beach in Key West, Florida. It was a weekend filled with surprises, sunsets, and sentimental moments. We have been busy making wedding plans, but couldn’t be happier to share all of these new experiences as we plan our future together! We are counting the days until December, and we would greatly appreciate your prayers as we navigate this exciting time in our lives! 

• Love 6

They need to withdraw that wedding registry off of their family's website page. It is tacky and low-class to do such a thing. No, viewers are not required to purchase gifts for them but they are "asking". Why then post it there in the first place? Grifters....all of them.

• Love 3
On 7/10/2021 at 3:11 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

The Clarks seem well off, but they are also marrying off their daughter this year.

Their daughter is already married (in February), it's their sons who are getting married next. 

On 6/29/2021 at 9:16 PM, ozziemom said:

Does KJ ever wear anything but that denim skirt? It’s so unflattering on her. She sometimes models dresses from the Boutique and they usually look quite nice. Don’t know why she doesn’t buy a couple. And why was Carlin at the wedding planning? To film everything? Or did she just barge her way in so she could reminisce about her own wedding.

Did you see her "outfit" at Katie's shower?  Barf!  It wasn't the usual denim skirt, but an equally horrible striped knit one with equally horrible top. She should wear some of those boutique dresses. 
Travis's mother looked so much more put together.  KJ is such a hick.
Carlin barges anywhere she can get attention.  They should charge her for every reference she makes of her and Evan's wedding during Katie's.  Could be a fun drinking game for viewers too.  ha ha

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, So unbelievable said:

Did you see her "outfit" at Katie's shower?  Barf!  It wasn't the usual denim skirt, but an equally horrible striped knit one with equally horrible top. She should wear some of those boutique dresses. 
Travis's mother looked so much more put together.  KJ is such a hick.
Carlin barges anywhere she can get attention.  They should charge her for every reference she makes of her and Evan's wedding during Katie's.  Could be a fun drinking game for viewers too.  ha ha

I think KJ must think those flared tops will disguise her weight/shape but instead it accentuates it. She looked nice at the wedding so there is some hope, but the shower outfit was not good.

• Love 4

Now all of the bridesmaids have arrived in Florida for the "bachelorette trip".  Kelly flew from Italy straight to Alyssa's.  Carlin, Josie, Katie, Whitney, one of the younger girls, and one other person I can't identify are flying in from Tennessee.  No babies in sight.  I guess Michael is watching the kids.  

Don't these people EVER work?  Seriously, it's just one trip after another with this bunch.

The wedding is on December 2.  

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 5

I saw Alyssa's stories and Josie looked exhausted. They were at breakfast and the expression on her face was like, "I really don't want to be here, but I'm obligated."

These people travel more in a month than most do in a year. I'm sure they're flying crap airlines like Spirit and getting cheap seats, but still. 

• Love 7

First stop:  Nail salon.  Because that's a luxury they NEVER indulge in. 🙄 And since the wedding is a month away you just know another salon trip will be part of the pre-wedding festivities. 

I feel like each successive wedding has to be bigger and better than the last.  I do understand that Katie is moving to New Jersey and will miss her sisters, but they all have families of their own.  Expecting them to pack up on a Monday morning and schlep to Florida for activities that could be done at home just seems a bit excessive.

I guess we will see what other exciting activities are planned as the trip unfolds.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Looks like they are staying at an Air B&B.  They had Chinese food sent in courtesy of their "good friend" Tikky.  Wow. She sure buys them a lot of stuff. Does it ever occur to them to say "No thanks, you have already been too generous?" 

The whole situation borders on creepy.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 12

Is Tikky aware she's being used or is she equally culpable, because as you guys have noted, she's paying for (fake) friendship? I find it strange how she spends so much money on these women, but they don't reciprocate. I've never seen her at the weddings. Alyssa never invites her up to Orlando. Heck, she didn't even get a shout-out for the 9,765 dresses she's bought the Webster girls. She's the one who mentioned it on Instagram because Alyssa was so vague. 

As for the Bateseses, they're grifters through and through. It probably doesn't even occur to them to send her a thank-you card or flowers, let alone anything else. 

• Love 12

Alyssa used to acknowledge Tikky for the dresses, but that stopped maybe a year ago. She probably got a lot of heat for continually taking without any reciprocation other than a shout out. 

It's now easier for her to post the new dresses without further comment.

• Love 2

Yawn.  I guess if you are a fundie, this seems like a fun bachelorette party.  To me it just seems like any other week that they get together and get mani/pedi's. 

Good thing KJ flew in.  How would they ever survive something without her.  Not like they were all just together for her shower.  

Out of all of them, how does Katie have money to give all of them gifts?  I know she "worked" for Josie for a bit, but she hasn't been around for ages, being in NJ all the time now.

• Love 4

These girls are so pathetic. This is what happens when you have no life + no real friends (besides the 1 friend each of them makes in college who is then in on their wedding stuff) BUT you want to live the 20-something life except you're tying yourself down when others are out at college/partying etc. -- you keep doing bridal trips and events OVER AND OVER with the SAME PEOPLE!? WTF how many events does she need? The same crew went to Fla for a day to help pick out her dress; then to pick up her dress (don't ask me how that requires an entourage); random weirdo last minute bridal trip to the beach in NC or SC; bridal shower in Tenn; bridal shower in NJ; I believe there was some other bridal trip to Fla - though maybe that was her birthday; and now an AirBnb stay in Orlando!? On top of having 57 events, these are all lame bc it's the same 4 sisters each time!? Oooohh this one is a pajama party at the AirBnb with desserts - OMG how exciting 🙄

I have a feeling this makes all of them feel soooo important though. Airport at 6 am, picking up Sbux at the airport, place to place thru the day and then chill at night with dinner and fly home the next morning. Much like I did when I was a 26 year old lawyer - but oh yeah I was a lawyer going to a court hearing or business meeting, not spending the day at yet another salon or Cracker Barrel w/the same 4 sisters talking about the same BS!?

None of them have any kids for this trip, so I assume it'll be another post from Alyssa in the morning about how they "partied" until 2 am and then had to run someone to the airport at 6 am. Whit - no kids, no surprise; I don't think she even wants kids at this point and her live in nanny Zach deals with them well. Usually Josie and Carlin drag 1 kid along but didn't this time, which I guess means Michaela may have them during the day today and maybe overnight if the husbands don't want to deal and those 2 will head back ASAP. Addie may end up staying as Alyssa's live in nanny for this week, since Ellie did it last week. And Kelly seems to have forgotten she has any kids at home as she wants to live the "party life" with her daughters - from Nathan's wedding week to NJ to Italy for a week and now straight to Fla. No wonder her own kids call her Mama B now - she's like a mother in law or aunt you see once in a while, not a mom who is always around for her youngest kids.

The more I see this, the more I don't blame Erin and Tori ONE BIT for bowing of this idiocy on day 1. Because if they participated once in a while but then started backing out, the rest of these sisters would be pissed and feel judged for leaving their kids - better to not even get into it at all.

And this Tikki woman is creepy. I don't care how much money you have, to be sending clothes constantly to one family and now dinner bc Alyssa mentioned the upcoming bridal shower, strikes me as buying your way into "sweet fellowships." If the goal is to start moving in the Bates/fundie circles, the way to do it USED TO BE showing up at church and rubbing elbows with the family; that's how Ben Seewald got to know Jessa - by just showing up every Sunday. Kelton also edged in that way I think. Though I guess they have always been grifters + this next gen is into nice clothes etc., so bribery may work better PLUS the ride to Tenn is only doable a few times/yr.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10

In the beginning I thought Tikky was a bored older woman, with no grandchildren to sew clothes for. When I found out she was young, I thought for a minute she was looking for publicity for her sewing skills, but they I found out she seems to have a decent paying, real job. 

It is both curious and creepy.

• Love 11

cereality, well said.

I get that some people are introverts, some are extroverts and some are in-between, but part of me wonders if the Bates girls can't accept the mundane realities of everyday life. They always seem to be chasing highs and are hardly home for two nights in a row before they have to fly somewhere to pick out eyeliner for the wedding. Sure, certain events are a normal part of the bridal routine, but the way these women screech over manicures and posing in front of tacky balloons (like they didn't just do all this a week ago at Showers 1.0 and 2.0) is so immature. It's Groundhog Day on steroids, and the cycle is about to start all over with Tiffany. 

The more I see, the more I can understand why Erin nope'd the fuck out of all this nonsense, plus the boutique. It's funny how two distinct cliques have formed: Erin, Tori, Michaela and Katie, Carlin, Alyssa, Whitney. Tiffany is going to be part of the latter crew, and I think Josie is an in-between. The only outlier is Esther. I think she could go either way. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Love the matching pj’s with the feather trim that is going to be scattered all over the house.  🙄

I really hope they vacuum before they leave. 

What a waste of money. 

Not their money.

• Useful 1

I think we're seeing a mix of filming and influencer lifestyles.

I wonder if UPTV films on a short schedule, rather than like TLC who filmed the Duggars year round. I know its not unusual for the Fundy crowd to have multiple weddings within a short time span, but the two weddings two months apart and the engagement in between, seems a bit much, even for the Bates (or the Duggars).

And Katie's wedding party has the 3 influencer sisters in it, using all the recent happenings for their SM content. The problem is, echoing @cereality, all their shenanigans are quite lame. And I have second hand embarrassment watching Kelly doing this do-over of young adulthood.

I don't necessarily give Michaela, Erin and Tori credit for not jet-setting around though. I think if they were the wedding party instead of the other sisters, they'd gladly participate. The happenings might look a little different though - instead of silk pajamas they'd be in terry robes, and instead of Chinese food and fancy desserts, they'd be eating Chick-fil-A and McDonald's ice cream. I'm not saying one way is better or worse*, just saying they're different.

*except Chic-fil-A - eating there is worse, IMHO

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6

I am sure this is all being filmed for BUB well maybe not the PJ party so a lot of the costs are not borne by the Bates.  But I agree GeeGolly it is pretty lame and tame partying but also pretty innocuous. They are still relatively young and they never got to do anything like this before they married so now they can and to them this is good times adn they act a little crazy.  As far as Kelli being there so what. Michael had her as her Matron of Honor and I thought that was a little strange. 

• Love 2

So KJ was there but she seemed to be on her phone, filming maybe? She had to have been exhausted so not sure why she was there. I think GeeGolly is right about all this partying is due to TV and SM. The sisters and KJ all post and include everyone else’s posts so there’s no missing any of the activities. Not your typical Bachelorette party but it may be the last time for a few years that they will have an excuse to get together like this. Many things about the Bates bother me, but I don’t mind this.

• Love 3

So is that what influencer parties are? Taking pictures and filming for SM content? Because it seems other than eating and a movie, they spent their time taking pictures and filming.

"Imagine, if you will... You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension—a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone". A time when no cameras or only one camera was present at a gathering. Folks gathered, played games and actually spoke to each other.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Kelly Jo looked exhausted. Did she fly straight from Italy to Florida?  

It's all Too Much. I sympathize with the quieter group of sisters, but I also feel like Erin is throwing some 'holier-than-thou' shade on social media, and it makes me sad that there's such a division between them.

• Love 7