Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

No problem. You would be right if it was the regular lawyer-client practice of retainers upfront and getting paid on an hourly basis. Lawyers working on contingency is a completely different pay practice.

I just did not realize a lawyer could get paid twice! LOL Maybe he gets less of a % if the court orders the plaintiff to pay lawyer/court costs.?.

I've always questioned why TBTB went the tragedy route with the Teresa and Joe drama this past season, but in fairness to them, Teresa wasn't a felon when they started filming. (They plead guilty in March, and by then they had filmed a lot, if not most of the season). But hiring her again now that she IS a felon is a whole other enchilada, and it's why I think they won't.

Well, she wasn't a convicted felon, but she was an alleged felon who the federal government had a very strong case against. I agree that, as you say, TPTB made a mistake in making the last season about Teresa and Joe's "tragedy." It was dour and gray (the entire season just felt...gray) and Teresa and Joe couldn't be forthcoming about their legal defense. I just think that TPTB essentially put all their eggs in one basket with the Teresa drama, and that was not a wise decision. The story arc of Seasons 3 to 5 was how much everyone progressively grew to hate Teresa, and that had its expiration date sometime in Season 4. Although I have my problems with RHOA - and don't think its popularity will continue indefinitely - part of that show's success has been having a strong, varied ensemble cast and more complex plot-lines.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 1

I also think it's unlikely that the Bravo Empire would crumble without Teresa Giudice. Hence, I'd bet there's about a 70% chance (between 3/4 and 1/3, I couldn't decide), that Teresa and Bravo are over.  I think the pertinent question is more whether there's enough interest in RHONJ sans Teresa to sustain a next season. I think there will be at least one more season - since formerly high-rated TV shows die hard, especially at Bravo - but I don't know how successful it will be.

There are five other active RH shows, but the whole franchise - with the exception of RHOA - has suffered from steadily declining ratings in the past two years. Since Project Runway left for Lifetime in 2008, my understanding is that the RH shows, along with Top Chef, are Bravo's most dependable financial base. It's not hard to imagine that there's been some network-wide angst about the steady decline of the RH franchise as a money-maker from its highs in 2009-2011. RHONJ was the second highest-rated, after RHOA, since its second season. So, it's even easier to imagine that Bravo execs have been engaging in lots of hand-wringing, hair-pulling, and self-slapping both over a.) The departure of Teresa - who was thought to ensure high ratings, and who hence became the center of the show, and b.) Why they ever trusted a felon with the responsibility of raking in dollars from sponsors for their second-highest rated show. The resultant anger and embarrassment make it even more unlikely Teresa will be invited back.

Yes, I meant Season 7 (just edited.) My night was mostly fun, although I don't like weddings that much (I'm surprised the banquet hall I was at has never been featured on RHONJ.) The gist of my paragraph on Teresa is that I think it's highly unlikely that she'll be invited back as a.) a convicted felon and b.) an uncooperative employee, but that it's an open question as to whether a Teresa-free season of RHONJ is viable, given the mistake producers made in making Teresa the show's lead. Bringing back Caroline, Jacqueline, and Kathy - even if they're chomping at the bit to return - wouldn't fix the series' problems.

Bravo started moving toward fully scripted dramas a couple of years ago. Even on some of the HW shows we are seeing the addition of real actors, Atlanta Kenya/Claudia, BH Eileen/Lisa R. and I think we will see this happen more and more. Eventually I think they will either fully merge the HW shows into the scripted arena like the new show about divorce/dating or fade them out after the HW viewers start watching the scripted dramas.

• Love 3

Their lawyer for the BK, I'm almost positive was listed as a creditor on the final BK Trustee statement. I recognized his name. I think Stoopid Housewives has the final list? He wasn't on the original BK filing as they hadn't stiffed him yet. Can't say how much of the total bill they did pay.

The lawyer who represented Juicy in the original lawsuit from his partner definitely wasn't paid. I think he was even in the original BK filing. His name was Testa? Satan should probably come strike me down for knowing this.

I'd like to place $1K that her new lawyer is contingency based. Any takers? I'd bet $100K, but the world is full of stupid people (ie - Teresa's credit risk) and I don't have that kind of money.

I'll add to the bet.  Because SOME - not all - lawyers love to see themselves on TV for the publicity.  Beats the Smart Ads.  But now, I wonder if an attorney would even answer her calls.  "Hella no!  Tell her I'm in a deposition."

Edited by Lablover27

I just did not realize a lawyer could get paid twice! LOL Maybe he gets less of a % if the court orders the plaintiff to pay lawyer/court costs.?.

He doesn't get paid twice. If the client hires a lawyer on contingency, then they're not paying any fees. The plaintiff can't be ordered to pay for a fee not accrued. But maybe you're thinking the plaintiff has to pay the contingency fee, on top of the damages? That's not how it works. The pay agreement is btwn. the client and the lawyer, and doesn't play a part in financial judgments. FYI - my understanding is that winning atty costs is always a long shot, rarely afforded (although it varies state to state).

Well, she wasn't a convicted felon, but she was an alleged felon who the federal government had a very strong case against.

Everybody deserves their day in court. She wasn't an "alleged felon" (I think that's an unfair label to put on someone, as everyone is innocent until proven guilty, or in Teresa's case, pleading guilty), but rather, from Bravo's perspective, she was a popular cast member of the show who was facing serious charges. And that could have made for some compelling drama. But instead they took this bizarre this-is-so-tragic spin, which we both seem to agree was the wrong approach. However, I don't blame them for hiring her for the season, and I'm guessing they were hoping for the drama of a trial. I think the plea deal, as well as Teresa refusing to talk about any of it, was a huge disappointment to everyone.

• Love 1

Still laughing at the "prison packet."    I get the need for one, I just find it hilarious.

Me too.  The only packet I look forward to receiving is a cruise document package.  Imagine the packet from the prison.  May be similar.  What you can bring onboard and what you cannot bring in the clink. ;)  Except, she has no excursions she can choose from.  Just visiting hours. I'm guessing she's not going to be able to book a brunch.  She could probably do an oatmeal facial?  Comet scrub?  Top Ramen appetizers?  Hoard the ketchup - for making a sauce?

Write IRS 2 million times over to remind her to pay the IRS?  Naw, she'll just worry if Joe's waking up and/or hooking up.

Edited by Lablover27
  • Love 1

Bravo started moving toward fully scripted dramas a couple of years ago. Even on some of the HW shows we are seeing the addition of real actors, Atlanta Kenya/Claudia, BH Eileen/Lisa R. and I think we will see this happen more and more. Eventually I think they will either fully merge the HW shows into the scripted arena like the new show about divorce/dating or fade them out after the HW viewers start watching the scripted dramas.

I think Bravo has pretty much realized that nobody who's at all thoughtful believes the only producer intervention is "editing." The housewives themselves break down the fourth wall at the reunions with abandon. The RHONY reunion in 2010 broke down the fourth wall, with Bethenny accusing Jill of playing a character for TV and all the ladies talking (albeit a bit obliquely) about production intervention. At the reunion of the last season of RHOBH, Andy admitted (in a roundabout way) that executive producers decide who socializes with whom on Bravo reality shows. On the last reunion of RHONJ, Teresa A. lobbed the accusation at Teresa that she brought in Victoria Gotti because she wasn't causing enough drama, and the producers were bitching about it. Even more, the whole plotline of RHOBH last season, IMO, was blaming producer intervention and scripting on Lisa V. So, all these shows have become very self-referential. They're now reality shows that are about how fake (or manipulated and manufactured) they are. Bravo still draws the line at HWs calling the show fake and details of production, but they can now talk about the show on the show more.

You're right that the hiring of actors - particularly in Kenya's case on RHOA, since she's only nominally playing herself, Kenya the beauty queen and professional actress, and not Kenya the villain, the role she was assigned to play - blurs the line even more between these shows and scripted dramedies. The latest seasons of RHOA and RHOBH are so much like scripted TV it's uncomfortable to watch at times (particularly with the non-professional actors like Kandi, Yolanda, Phaedra, and Brandi.) It's not always a comfortable transition. It would be interesting if they gradually merged "fact" into "fiction", as you predict, and integrate HW characters into scripted shows. But I think it's more likely that Bravo is trying to transition, slowly, into scripted dramedies (like Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce) and gradually phase the HWs shows out in the next three years or so. They still need them now, though, for ad revenue (hence the $1,000,000 Bethenny Frankel contract to revive RHONY, which is on life support.) TV shows generally don't die gracefully.

But, to respond to LotusFlower about Tre: Maybe "alleged felon" isn't fair, since everyone deserves their day in court and Tre was innocent until proven guilty. But it was arguably a bit dumb of Bravo to invest in Teresa so heavily - in terms of actual $$ and storyline - when she had a good chance of facing jail time. If you read the indictment, the case against Tre and Juicy is pretty iron-clad and factual. They counted on short-term profits from the shock value of seeing the Giudices under fire, and then didn't predict the Giudices taking a plea deal and the Giudices refusing to talk about their defense on TV (which a legal expert could have predicted.) Maybe they were hoping for some "Court TV"-style reality, but, if I were a Bravo exec, I would have been a little more skeptical about getting a whole lot from the Giudices and about her chances of continued employment.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 1

He doesn't get paid twice. If the client hires a lawyer on contingency, then they're not paying any fees. The plaintiff can't be ordered to pay for a fee not accrued. But maybe you're thinking the plaintiff has to pay the contingency fee, on top of the damages? That's not how it works. The pay agreement is btwn. the client and the lawyer, and doesn't play a part in financial judgments. FYI - my understanding is that winning atty costs is always a long shot, rarely afforded (although it varies state to state).

If you scroll down this article that includes the court filing on this lawsuit, page 8, it says she is seeking Attorney fees. Doesn't that mean if she wins that the plaintiff pays all the new lawyers cost/fees and that he gets nothing directly from Teresa's settlement/win money?

http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/12/03/teresa_giudice-suing-for-15-million-in-lawsuit-against-bankruptcy-attorney-see-documents-rhonj/

• Love 1

If you scroll down this article that includes the court filing on this lawsuit, page 8, it says she is seeking Attorney fees. Doesn't that mean if she wins that the plaintiff pays all the new lawyers cost/fees and that he gets nothing directly from Teresa's settlement/win money?

First off, Teresa is the plaintiff in this case, and the BK lawyer is the defendant. Secondly, something to keep in mind - often a plaintiff will ask for the moon and the stars in their complaint, ie. $15 million!!, never expecting to get that much, but hoping the inflated "ask" will get them something. Parties to a lawsuit almost always throw in the attorney and court case requests just as a matter of form. Again - might as well ask. But the judge has complete discretion on everything in the complaint, from each of the charges, to the amount of restitution, to every other detail, like awarding attorney's fees. I guess I'm trying to say that this is a pretty minor detail to the lawsuit.

More to your question, though - it's possible that Teresa's new attorney is getting paid the regular way, ie. hourly billing, in which case the defendant would indeed have to pay all court costs in the unlikely event the judge made this decision. However, your confusion seems to center on the contingency model. The way it works is this - he only gets paid if they win, and his cut is a pre-determined percentage of the win/settlement (the money Teresa would be awarded. So for ex., if the judge ruled in Teresa's favor and awarded her $10,000, Teresa would hand over $3,000 of that to new atty guy). The only scenerio in which he gets nothing is if they lose.

I'm sorry if I'm doing a bad job at explaining this, or making it more confusing. But I promise you, none of this is going to come into play. Under no scenerio will Teresa get a dime!

• Love 3

But, to respond to LotusFlower about Tre: Maybe "alleged felon" isn't fair, since everyone deserves their day in court and Tre was innocent until proven guilty. But it was arguably a bit dumb of Bravo to invest in Teresa so heavily - in terms of actual $$ and storyline - when she had a good chance of facing jail time.

I think your opinion is informed on hindsight, which Bravo, of course, didn't have at the time. When they started filming, Teresa was still the star of the franchise, and although she and Joe had already been indicted, they pleaded not guilty, said they were 100% innocent, and said they were going to fight. Lots of material for drama there. I also think it could have been kind of juicy and entertaining if they had some kind of antagonist or provocateur to talk about it, a la the similar fraud charges against Apollo on RHOA. So I don't think the possibility of Teresa facing jail time was a reason not to invest in her story; I just think the way they told the story was wrong. But some of that was for reasons they couldn't control.

• Love 1

Let me explain the contingency fee thing while asking for attorneys' fees.

Contingency fee:   only paid if you get something.   Has absolutely nothing to do with the attorney's hourly rate or asking for attorney's fees from the court.   Only means the client pays nothing up front except the costs.   

Can be awarded attorney fees' in a contingency fee.   The court awards the fee based on the amount of work done in the case at the lawyer's hourly rate.   BUT, if attorney's fees are awarded by the court, then the attorney also does not get a cut (usually 40% if a lawsuit is filed, 30% if it settles before filing suit).   However, if the court does not award fees but the Plaintiff wins, then the attorney gets his cut.    It's an either/or thing provided the Plaintiff wins.   If the Plaintiff does not win, the attorney gets NOTHING.    

• Love 2

Me too.  The only packet I look forward to receiving is a cruise document package.  Imagine the packet from the prison.  May be similar.  What you can bring onboard and what you cannot bring in the clink. ;)  Except, she has no excursions she can choose from.  Just visiting hours. I'm guessing she's not going to be able to book a brunch.  She could probably do an oatmeal facial?  Comet scrub?  Top Ramen appetizers?  Hoard the ketchup - for making a sauce?

Write IRS 2 million times over to remind her to pay the IRS?  Naw, she'll just worry if Joe's waking up and/or hooking up.

That is funny, I too were waiting for my cruise packet the other day and I thought how different it was from waiting for a prison packet. Sucks to be Tre.

My first thought of Tre going off to prison was all the free time Joe will have now so he chase the ladies, my second was how in the world can they afford a nanny?   

• Love 2

I think your opinion is informed on hindsight, which Bravo, of course, didn't have at the time. When they started filming, Teresa was still the star of the franchise, and although she and Joe had already been indicted, they pleaded not guilty, said they were 100% innocent, and said they were going to fight. Lots of material for drama there. I also think it could have been kind of juicy and entertaining if they had some kind of antagonist or provocateur to talk about it, a la the similar fraud charges against Apollo on RHOA. So I don't think the possibility of Teresa facing jail time was a reason not to invest in her story; I just think the way they told the story was wrong. But some of that was for reasons they couldn't control.

I think that the presence of antagonist/provocateur who talked about Teresa and Joe's criminal charges (and other shady behavior) would have added a lot to the storyline. But, from the sum total of media reports this past season, Teresa became very difficult to work with, particularly around the telling of the story of her legal issues. If there were such a person, Teresa may have refused to engage them on camera (or even film scenes with them.)

I suppose hindsight is always 20-20, but it doesn't mean that hindsight doesn't produce some accurate insights. I understand Bravo's mindset in intending to feature Tre's criminal charges so prominently, but I also don't think they approached the situation with a lot of foresight, to all evidence. It's a reasonable assumption that, facing federal jail time, Teresa's lawyers would advise her not to talk about her charges or her legal maneuvers. That's really my sticking point. I agree that Bravo couldn't predict the plea deal, which stifled the action even further, but perhaps they could have foreseen that Teresa would not have been forthcoming about her legal problems.

• Love 1

Given that Andy Cohen was the prime mover behind the Ho'Wife franchises, and given that he's now out and running his own company as well as being exec producer on the Ho'Wives, I suspect that Bravo have been expecting these shows to go down for a while now.  I doubt we'll see more than one season more out of any of them.  I get that they are cheap to produce but they aren't getting enough ratings to keep them around.  Teresa in jail is one more nail in the RHNJ coffin I think, since--love her or hate her or just feel indifferent about her--the drama in the show has revolved about her ever since Danielle quit.  The sock-puppets they got in last season were basically unwatchable.  And Melissa Gorga is a 1-trick pony (ha-boom!  Do you see what I did there!!).  

• Love 4

He doesn't get paid twice. If the client hires a lawyer on contingency, then they're not paying any fees. The plaintiff can't be ordered to pay for a fee not accrued.

So what attorney fees is she suing for? Her past due, never intended to pay fees of the past?

You don't have to have an attorney of record even for bankruptcy. You would be amazed at the people who file for bankruptcy on their own and screw it up by hiding stuff. They think they can plead ignorance and inexperience then. Except the court says -- you chose to go it alone, you are presumed to know what you are doing.

If the attorney has good cause to withdraw (not being paid is really good cause, judges used to be lawyers who liked being paid too), then a court will usually grant it, unless a hearing is imminent (and even then there are ways).

Good points. I wonder if this has been their pattern to get things delayed so much? If seems like Joe's DUI trial went on forever. Maybe their pattern has been suck as much free legal counsel as they can get, then when the lawyer quits, use it as a reason to delay trial.

• Love 1

I suppose hindsight is always 20-20, but it doesn't mean that hindsight doesn't produce some accurate insights. I understand Bravo's mindset in intending to feature Tre's criminal charges so prominently, but I also don't think they approached the situation with a lot of foresight, to all evidence.

Sure, but I think the conversation is getting kinda far from my only point - I understand why Teresa was re-cast for season 6. She was a popular and recurring cast member, her husband was facing jail time for his DUI, she was fighting serious charges herself, her brother, her S-I-L, her kids, etc., etc... But then all the cases kept getting delayed, no one would talk about it, and it all went downhill. I agree with you that the producers should have had the foresight to know that Teresa wouldn't talk about anything, but I think they anticipated Joe's DUI/fraud case going to trial, with a likely sentence, and I think they were planning a lot of drama surrounding that. But then all the delays and continuances, and all the denial and refusing to talk, and the new cast members, etc., etc. all combined into one boring and ridiculous clusterfuck of a season.

• Love 4

So what attorney fees is she suing for? Her past due, never intended to pay fees of the past?

No. Current case only. It's a pretty standard thing to ask for, and rarely granted.

Has Joe's DUI case been heard yet?

He reached a plea deal shortly after the sentencing hearing on the federal charges. I forget the particulars, but he got jail time that will run concurrent with his federal prison sentence, so he basically got off scott-free, in terms of time. His license will also be suspended, likely for a year, but that doesn't happen until he's sentenced - I think in March of next year.

• Love 1

He reached a plea deal shortly after the sentencing hearing on the federal charges. I forget the particulars, but he got jail time that will run concurrent with his federal prison sentence, so he basically got off scott-free, in terms of time. His license will also be suspended, likely for a year, but that doesn't happen until he's sentenced - I think in March of next year.

I wonder if he'll ask for exceptions to the suspension. I know in PA you can get them for transporting yourself to work, not sure about Jersey. I wonder if needing to transport his daughters would count. I personally hope not.

• Love 1

I wonder if he'll ask for exceptions to the suspension. I know in PA you can get them for transporting yourself to work, not sure about Jersey. I wonder if needing to transport his daughters would count. I personally hope not.

I believe that's what the "nanny" is for! Joe just wants his license so he can hit the bars and meet up with all his goomahs. No way will he qualify for an exception, if such a thing exists in NJ. His charge was too serious, and his record is that long.

• Love 2

First off, Teresa is the plaintiff in this case, and the BK lawyer is the defendant. Secondly, something to keep in mind - often a plaintiff will ask for the moon and the stars in their complaint, ie. $15 million!!, never expecting to get that much, but hoping the inflated "ask" will get them something. Parties to a lawsuit almost always throw in the attorney and court case requests just as a matter of form. Again - might as well ask. But the judge has complete discretion on everything in the complaint, from each of the charges, to the amount of restitution, to every other detail, like awarding attorney's fees. I guess I'm trying to say that this is a pretty minor detail to the lawsuit.

More to your question, though - it's possible that Teresa's new attorney is getting paid the regular way, ie. hourly billing, in which case the defendant would indeed have to pay all court costs in the unlikely event the judge made this decision. However, your confusion seems to center on the contingency model. The way it works is this - he only gets paid if they win, and his cut is a pre-determined percentage of the win/settlement (the money Teresa would be awarded. So for ex., if the judge ruled in Teresa's favor and awarded her $10,000, Teresa would hand over $3,000 of that to new atty guy). The only scenerio in which he gets nothing is if they lose.

I'm sorry if I'm doing a bad job at explaining this, or making it more confusing. But I promise you, none of this is going to come into play. Under no scenerio will Teresa get a dime!

Sorry for mixing plaintiff and defendant up, I do know which is which, honest! LOL That is what happens when I don't get to bed earlier! LOL

Thank you for your help in explaining it to me. So there is little chance she will win court and legal costs.  I do not think she will win at all either.

Let me explain the contingency fee thing while asking for attorneys' fees.

Contingency fee:   only paid if you get something.   Has absolutely nothing to do with the attorney's hourly rate or asking for attorney's fees from the court.   Only means the client pays nothing up front except the costs.   

Can be awarded attorney fees' in a contingency fee.   The court awards the fee based on the amount of work done in the case at the lawyer's hourly rate.   BUT, if attorney's fees are awarded by the court, then the attorney also does not get a cut (usually 40% if a lawsuit is filed, 30% if it settles before filing suit).   However, if the court does not award fees but the Plaintiff wins, then the attorney gets his cut.    It's an either/or thing provided the Plaintiff wins.   If the Plaintiff does not win, the attorney gets NOTHING.    

Thank You. That is what I was wondering, if the new lawyer could or would get paid 2 times. So, from what I gather, if Teresa wins, unlikely, and the judge awards her attorney and court costs, that is all he gets but if she wins but does not get that then he only gets whatever % was agreed upon in the first place.

• Love 1

Who knew my unhealthy addiction to reality tv would help me learn about bankruptcy and how you pay lawyers.  Amazing where knowledge can come from!

I will stand by my thoughts that they should have NEVER EVER been on this show.  The fact that they've been able to benefit from being on the show and make any money off of it is all kinds of wrong to me.  Bravo should have never cast them.

I dunno about that.  Being on the show, getting a chance to riff on Bethenny's "Skinnygirl" with "Skinny Italian" and then translate that into a few cookbooks and other products- it all only built them up more, so now the crash they're experiencing after all their misdeeds is that much worse.  Plus it's almost karmic, the way their more legitimate earnings as famewhores have probably been diverted to pay back at least some of what they took.

And...I'm not so sure they ever would have been caught if they didn't attain this level of fame/fortune.  They may just have been successful mid-level grifters.  Through the show I think they were empowered to feel untouchable, which was really their undoing, imho.  

Bottom line: maybe it's not so bad that she was televised for a few years.

On behalf of all Californians please, please Federal Probation do not allow this scenario to happen:  http://www.examiner....s-of-new-jersey

A few thoughts about this story:

1)  The woman who has espoused her close family ties and how important family is to her and her kids would pick them up and move them 3000 miles away from that family?

2)  And ostensibly she is moving them because she thinks that Gia and/or Milania would best able to get a show if they were in Hollywood leading me to believe that she did not learn one thing from the past three years and about the shit-show that is fame.  

3)  If Bravo is really in talks with her about a show where they pay her a big salary to pretend that she is living a normal life, it's not going to work.  The show will feel forced and fake.  

Tick tock, Teresa...

• Love 2

A few thoughts about this story:

1)  The woman who has espoused her close family ties and how important family is to her and her kids would pick them up and move them 3000 miles away from that family?

2)  And ostensibly she is moving them because she thinks that Gia and/or Milania would best able to get a show if they were in Hollywood leading me to believe that she did not learn one thing from the past three years and about the shit-show that is fame.  

3)  If Bravo is really in talks with her about a show where they pay her a big salary to pretend that she is living a normal life, it's not going to work.  The show will feel forced and fake.  

Tick tock, Teresa...

For your reason #1 alone, I don't believe this story.  It's been stated pretty consistently on the show -- both by Teresa and her brother -- that she helps out her  parents a lot.  And Joe's mom is now a widow.  I'd be amazed if Joe was willing to let the granddaughters move 3000 miles away. 

If it is true, at all, then I guess the marriage really is over because there's no way Teresa or the girls would be able to visit Joe in jail more than a couple of times I year (if that), I would think, if they were living in California.

I was told by the owner/chef of a pretty decent Italian place here, you don't add oil to the water when boilng pasta. What happens is, the sauce will not stick to the pasta as it should.

I don't get why she removed the shrimp from the pan to add the sauce. She just ended up dumping it back in any way. I guess I can be nit picky, who knew? LOL Pinky shrimp, oh my !!

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1

If there's any truth to it, perhaps they think if they don't leave a forwarding address, all of their "problems" will just go away. But that will be long distance to fight for the $15,000,000+ she thinks she's going to "win".

Edited by ginger90

My first thought of Tre going off to prison was all the free time Joe will have now so he chase the ladies, my second was how in the world can they afford a nanny?   

The nanny will be stiffed just like everyone else who's provided a service for the crooked assholes.

• Love 3

One thought I had just now:  I wonder how many trees have been cut down in order to provide newspapers and magazines with enough paper to run all the stories about Teresa!

Maybe Teresa will sue the trees. They stole her nickname, after all.

• Love 1

It's easy for me to believe Teresa would move the girls to California, just when they need the support of (other) family and friends, particularly consistency with school where Gia seems to have had a lot of support.

What really makes it easy for me to believe is I don't think Teresa gives a rat's ass about anyone but herself and all she cares about is money. She'd use anyone and everything she could to get more of it, and think she's fooling everyone by saying, "It's for Gia and Melania!" Then blaming everyone else when it fails.

I don't wish the girls ill, but they would be better served OUT of "show business" completely and this will never happen unless Teresa is disabused of the idea they can be her new cash cow. For that reason, I hope Bravo (1) gives them no new show and (2) no one else wants to get involved with them either (and not wanting to deal with Teresa would be reason enough, imo. It's not like the girls are unusual talents that the world will be missing out on. Teresa needs to stop exploiting everyone, stop blaming others for HER crookedness and Grow Up.)

• Love 4

Sure, but I think the conversation is getting kinda far from my only point - I understand why Teresa was re-cast for season 6. She was a popular and recurring cast member, her husband was facing jail time for his DUI, she was fighting serious charges herself, her brother, her S-I-L, her kids, etc., etc... But then all the cases kept getting delayed, no one would talk about it, and it all went downhill. I agree with you that the producers should have had the foresight to know that Teresa wouldn't talk about anything, but I think they anticipated Joe's DUI/fraud case going to trial, with a likely sentence, and I think they were planning a lot of drama surrounding that. But then all the delays and continuances, and all the denial and refusing to talk, and the new cast members, etc., etc. all combined into one boring and ridiculous clusterfuck of a season.

I agree with you. Maybe they counted on the DUI case actually going to trial to produce drama. I didn't think they shouldn't have re-hired Teresa; she still attracts a lot of the show's viewership and had mega real-life drama that drew viewers in. I do think production made a mistake in spending so much time on Teresa's legal situation, when Teresa wasn't willing to talk about anything, and then pursuing the bizarre "tragedy" angle you mentioned. I agree that here were many reasons why this season was a clusterfuck - IMO, maybe the worst in Real Housewives history in terms of entertainment value (not counting D.C. and Miami).

• Love 1

She would never fit with RHBH.

They would eat her alive. She may be violent, crass and vulgar BUT several of these women know how to do all that while still appearing to have class, breeding and REAL money. The joodeechay bitch would be chewed up and spit out without a second glance.  Might even be worth watching IF I hadn't already promised myself to never let her pollute my entertainment time again.

• Love 4

Teresa is really pushing for a cooking show! 

That is some audition tape! Now I know how to make angel hair pasta and sauce from a jar. Can't wait for the next show. How to cook mystery meat in a prison cafeteria? Saltine crackers with ketchup?

• Love 4

Teresa is really pushing for a cooking show!

Whoa, that was bad! The producer must have hated her since they left in some outtakes at the end. Usually auditions show your best side :)

Nothing like heating up noodles and dumping jarred sauce on to to make you an expert chef! It also went against her whole premise of the book-enjoying pasta as a reasonable portion size.

• Love 2

Teresa is on the cover of In Touch talking about one last Christmas. I almost bought it before I stopped myself.

Edit: it's US Weekly. Wonder if she still got paid?

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 1

That is some audition tape! Now I know how to make angel hair pasta and sauce from a jar. Can't wait for the next show. How to cook mystery meat in a prison cafeteria? Saltine crackers with ketchup?

Someone on FB said that this is the cooking show that Dina and Teresa were talking about on the reunion! LOL You can "suscribe" to Glam to see regular "cooking" with Teresa shows I guess. I will pass Thank You very much! LOL

Whoa, that was bad! The producer must have hated her since they left in some outtakes at the end. Usually auditions show your best side :)

Nothing like heating up noodles and dumping jarred sauce on to to make you an expert chef! It also went against her whole premise of the book-enjoying pasta as a reasonable portion size.

I think they left in the outtakes on purpose thinking they were funny/cute, fail IMO! Nothing like serving large shrimp with the vein intact! YUCK! She gave no list of "ingresendences" or how much of each to use. LOL

• Love 1

It really is bad. From concept to execution. Pasta with sauce from a jar? I get that it needs to be something Italian, but why not pick something that's unique? Or a familiar item prepared in a unique way? She brought nothing to the table. And then there's her delivery....

I think they left in the outtakes on purpose thinking they were funny/cute, fail

I think so too.

• Love 1

I don't get why she removed the shrimp from the pan to add the sauce. She just ended up dumping it back in any way. 

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm not a cook. However, I'm not so inept that I keep books in my oven - I do know a few things.  Teresa's sauce needed 5 minutes or so to warm up.  (Maybe longer - some people will simmer the sauce to within an inch of it's life.)  If she kept the shrimp in the pan, they would've been overcooked. And overcooked shrimp taste like rubber bands.  I should have a cooking show.

• Love 3

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm not a cook. However, I'm not so inept that I keep books in my oven - I do know a few things.  Teresa's sauce needed 5 minutes or so to warm up.  (Maybe longer - some people will simmer the sauce to within an inch of it's life.)  If she kept the shrimp in the pan, they would've been overcooked. And overcooked shrimp taste like rubber bands.  I should have a cooking show.

Yep that's exactly why. Also, jarred pasta with red pepper flakes and extra seasoning tastes different if you do simmer it for a while. 

• Love 1

I really don't see RHONJ going on for much longer. The show is not the same. Seasons 1-3 were enjoyable and the cast was great. I think a lot of the original fans of the show have lost interest because it's a completely different show now.

And about Teresa. When the story started to change from everyone loving her to everyone hating her on the show, I believe that's when the tides changed for the show. After season 3/4, the show focused way too much on Teresa and her family and people got really sick of it. The general public views Teresa and her husband as idiots, uneducated, coniving criminals. Don't hate me for saying that but that's the truth. That's how most people in this country view them and to be completely honest, they are not far off.

All these reports I've been reading about Teresa pretty much being in complete denial about her situation and how she's completely trying to hide everything from her daughters. UM HELLO, you're daughters use the internet. They are on twitter. Whether you want to talk to them about what's going on or not...THEY KNOW. And by her not talking to them and explaining everything to them, they are the ones who are going to suffer in the end. Bottom line is, Teresa is DELUSIONAL and it's really sad and kind of pathetic. Mark my words, her legal troubles will not end after her 14 months in jail. She doesn't realize the magnitude of her situatio and how incredibly serious it is.

• Love 5

On behalf of all Californians please, please Federal Probation do not allow this scenario to happen:  http://www.examiner.com/article/teresa-giudice-considers-move-to-l-a-on-real-housewives-of-new-jersey

I think this is just a statement put out there by Teresa's team to make it appear like she has a lot going for her.

Teresa would never, ever be cast for RHOBH. Nor do I think she'd move to California (not that she's not selfish enough to do it if she thought it would benefit her.)

What I would love is if Camille Donatacci Grammer would move back to the vicinity of her hometown of Cedar Grove (the home of the restaurant Lu Nello, where Teresa historically flipped the table), buy some opulent North Jersey estate in which to roost, and let her pernicious inner Jersey Girl fly on RHONJ. The rest of the cast would be simultaneously quaking in their boots over her wealth and hissing at her that she's a whore for appearing in cheesy Cinemax softcore skin flicks in the '90s. What this show needs to save it, in the immortal words of Ms. Porsha, is more sluts from the '90s.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 4