Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

I want to thank you all for contributing to my recovering health … I have a slight eye infection and a saline wash was recommended or tears.  But given that it's a beautiful sunny day and all is well in my world (my brother just had successful brain tumor surgery), I couldn't mount any tears…. 

Until now. 

I have been doubled over with tears of LAUGHTER from your comments … Fedilicious!!!  (and from another site .. Joe and Teresa Fraudice)  

My saline eye wash is complete.

So thank you.  I owe you all a slug from my paper bagged Fabellini: the choice of 4 out of every 5 parolees.

• Love 9

Well, I had always heard that Teresa had someone else ghostwrite her blogs.....now we know this is indeed the case.  To quote Frank from Everybody Loves Raymond, I could have eaten a box of Alpha Bits and crapped a better speech.

Bingo! Or to use a more appropriate word for the day: guilty!

• Love 2

The thing that I wonder about - and maybe the judge will say at some point - is what might have been different in the sentencing had they not once again lied about their assets? If they had come into court and shown that they were trying to be as transparent as possible?  From reading some of the excerpts, it sounds like the judge was mighty pissed about this issue. She said she gave some thought to giving Teresa probation. I wonder if she would have gone that way if they hadn't once again presented themselves as liars. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 5

Somehow I don't think Teresa will ever realize that she did anything wrong. I don't think jail time will change her. She'll come out of prison still looking for a way to live the high life. That "downsizing" she and Gia were doing one day when they were looking at a "smaller house" was the proof- that is not downsizing in most peoples' minds. As others said, I think they are only sorry they got caught, not sorry for what they did.

I hope she is not at the reunion. I fully expect Andy to show some clips from the news about the case because all the viewers know about it and to obviously explain her absence. But to actually have here there would be a brand new low, even for Andy. She is a convicted felon. She needs time away from the spotlight for awhile, by showing up at the reunion that would only be pouring salt on the wound. The best thing for her and the rest of her family is to get off the show and stop filming. Especially the kids. With all that has happened the last thing the kids need is to be filmed and exposed even more on the show. They are dealing with enough. I do feel sorry for them. I know some people feel because Joe and Teresa didn't care about their kids before doing what they did why should we but I can't honestly feel that way about innocent children. They did nothing wrong and I can't imagine what they are feeling right now. Some kids can get seriously screwed up because of things like this and I hope that won't be the case. I honestly have little to no hope for their parents, but I hope the kids will learn from their parents' mistakes and grow up to be honest, hardworking women. Thankfully they have many family members who I'm sure will try to raise them well. Perhaps the only good thing that came from this is that their kids will learn real values and won't grow up to be spoiled brats that think they are above the law like their mother. The sooner they get the kids into a more normal home with less designer this and that and less material items, the better. 

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 4

ON NANCY GRACE RIGHT NOW:  Vicki Hyman and ALEX McCORD, who, by the way, has very nice hair now.

Nancy incredulous about lying on pre-sentence report.  Nancy asked if Teresa had hair and makeup people with her.  Alex said that Teresa might have wanted to make sure she  had a job afterwards … 

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 2

Thank you everyone for gathering all the info.  I like to read and gossip about this crap, not research it personally, so I sincerely appreciate it. 

In all the quotes...I keep looking for the ones where they're specific about their crimes and not just "I did bad things and feel bad now that I'm being sentenced."  I want to hear "I falsified that document," or whatever the case may be.  Did I miss that?  Is it not required?  

I just want to see it in print before the inevitable bullshit about "I just took a plea because my lawyers told me to, for my girls."  And...I'm a little put off by the "I'm stupid, finances are hard" defense.  I get that they've plead guilty and what not, but I still have this weird need for them to own what they did- fully, without the nonsense.

• Love 2

I might be alone in this but here goes...

I don't feel worried or concerned about whether or not Teresa feels true remorse for her crimes. To me, that's her soul's business. The point of the jail sentence is strictly for punishment...not rehabilitation or restitution. I'm fairly certain jail will feel like punishment to her. So, I'm okay with her just being sorry she got caught. She'll never be able to- I hope- commit more fraud in the future, and the punishment will hopefully teach her to not break the law because there will be awful consequences.

Some people just require punishment in order to stop them from hurting people. It's certainly not good but what can be done? If that's the way she is, that's just the way she is.

A true, noble change of heart that comes from a charitable heart may or may not ever happen. But, I think that's something that has to happen independently of punishment. It will likely take place far down the road at some point when she is alone and there is no fame to lift her up...no ego that needs to be sustained.

• Love 18

The thing that I wonder about - and maybe the judge will say at some point - is what might have been different in the sentencing had they not once again lied about their assets? If they had come into court and shown that they were trying to be as transparent as possible?  From reading some of the excerpts, it sounds like the judge was mighty pissed about this issue. She said she gave some thought to giving Teresa probation. I wonder if she would have gone that way if they hadn't once again presented themselves as liars.

That's a good question. Almost everything I've read on sentencing hearings has said that the judge has his/her mind made up before the actual hearing, and the statements and arguments are for the record. But today's hearing seemed like such a clusterfuck, with so many delays. Plus, I found it odd that the judge took a brief recess right before she imposed both sentences. Maybe she really did decide definitively at the hearing, or she took a few minutes to maybe reconsider.

• Love 2

TIVO and DVR ALERT:  Bravo is running SEASON 1 of RHoNJ ALL DAY FRIDAY!!  

AT 9 on MONDAY, Andy will have a sit-down with his favorite fraud-a-licious felons:  Joe and Teresa.  

Edited to add:

BuzzFeed News described Joe as a "steroidal stump."  HA!

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 2

So Joe and Teresa are doing a sit-down interview with Andy (I'm sure it's in place of showing up at the reunion). It will be fascinating to see if they'll really and finally admit blame. Joe stood in open court and pled guilty and said he was ashamed and disgraced. Teresa said....whatever Teresa said. Will they talk candidly about this in an interview setting, or will they backtrack?

Or will Andy just do one of those usual "tell us how you're feeling" interviews?

• Love 1

ON NANCY GRACE RIGHT NOW:  Vicki Hyman and ALEX McCORD, who, by the way, has very nice hair now.

Nancy incredulous about lying on pre-sentence report.  Nancy asked if Teresa had hair and makeup people with her.  Alex said that Teresa might have wanted to make sure she  had a job afterwards … 

What exactly does Alex McCord have to contribute? All she does is speculate.  This woman needs to go off somewhere and get a real job. 

• Love 6

Damn - where can I find Nancy Grace? Mr. DC and I pretend the cable news channels don't exist. But we know enough to know that she's usually not our cup of tea.

Just got distracted by work for the last 45 minutes. Cause being there till 7 wasn't enough (thank god for the earlier cocktail). So I can't keep up with all the snarkiness (god bless you all). Don't know when I'll find time to go harass the Teresa fans (see soulless). I'm doing it for Zoeysmom (apologies for repetition - like Melissa and poop that probably won't get old for me anytime soon).

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Love 2

Speaking of which, I'm thinking about heading over to All About TRH and torment some Teresa fans.

Hee hee......yah, i'd do the same if I weren't so tired!  Just now finished paying my bills cuz I was so wrapped up in finding out what the sentences were that I kept putting it off all day!  At least I DID get my bills all paid....AND with real money!!! That's actually in the bank!

Sometimes I wish I had the nerve to pull the same kind of crap these two seem to thrive on, but then.......well.....not so much....I suppose I have that affliction called a conscience, and the little bugger just won't shut up...and I guess I'm OK with that.....

....unlike others...."nameless here forever more"

• Love 7

I hope Teresa will now allow Gia to have her privacy. No more dragging her in front of cameras or journalist for interviews for her own self serving interests. I hope she and Joe give all the girls the space and privacy they need to grieve and process what is going to happen.

• Love 6

Nancy Grace kept saying what angered the judge was they failed to declare two new vehicles they now own/have.  Just out of curiosity who would give these folks a car loan or lease?

My other thing is the judge talks about what a great dad Joe is in her reasoning as to why he got the mid term sentence instead of at the high end.  Then after she gave the sentence-his attorney argues he is a ragiing alcoholic showing up to his office smelling of alcohol and needs to be in residential treatment for alcoholism instead of prison.  The government claims-new one on us.  So the solution is leave the alcoholic at home with the kids while the mother goes to prison??????  And presumbably when he goes in March of 2016 he would go to prison for treatment of alcoholism.  I would think he might want to work on that over the next 16 months.

• Love 6

assuming he doesn't do anything stupid in the meantime.

...HAH....now, seriously!....WHAT exactly are the chances juicy can NOT do something stupid!  For even a day, let alone throughout the entirely of his 'wife's" sentence!   We should perhaps start another betting pool of what and when he will revert to type!

• Love 2

Nancy Grace kept saying what angered the judge was they failed to declare two new vehicles they now own/have. Just out of curiosity who would give these folks a car loan or lease?

My other thing is the judge talks about what a great dad Joe is in her reasoning as to why he got the mid term sentence instead of at the high end. Then after she gave the sentence-his attorney argues he is a ragiing alcoholic showing up to his office smelling of alcohol and needs to be in residential treatment for alcoholism instead of prison. The government claims-new one on us. So the solution is leave the alcoholic at home with the kids while the mother goes to prison?????? And presumbably when he goes in March of 2016 he would go to prison for treatment of alcoholism. I would think he might want to work on that over the next 16 months.

Was the alcoholism a ploy not only for a reduced sentence but time in therapy while completing his sentence? (not sure I made sense here)

• Love 1

What exactly does Alex McCord have to contribute? All she does is speculate.  This woman needs to go off somewhere and get a real job. 

Funny you should say that-she and Simon are moving to Australia.  I think HLN uses her for RH stories just because she use to be one and if thy brought Jill Zarin in she would not shut up, or Kelly would probably walk into a wall.

• Love 6

Was the alcoholism a ploy not only for a reduced sentence but time in therapy while completing his sentence? (not sure I made sense here)

Whatever it was, it may lead to someone besides Joe being responsible for the girls while Teresa does her time. IMO the state could step in.

Edited by ginger90

You get about six months off his sentence so that is why he asked for it but why would this be something he is identifying over a year before going into custody and is he going to keep drinking while watching the kids?

I'm not at all sure that I agree with the sentence.  I think the judge was afraid that some rabid fan would set fire to her house and went a little easy on them.  If they hadn't been on a popular TV show, would they have been sentenced more harshly?  I have to wonder.

When this show started, did anyone else wonder how all of these people happened to live in such incredible homes?  I did, and I kept wondering what they did for a living.  I could see how the Manzos could afford their house, but not the rest of them.  Sheesh!  I guess the Giudices have shown us the path to riches!

Edited by Lura
  • Love 5

I think who really deserves a muffin basket is Vicki from the Star-Ledger. She looked pretty tired and hungry on the You Tube video. Especially since she probably showed up at Court before 7 am to make sure she got a seat. And more muffin baskets to those here who kept refreshing her Twitter.

Can't believe I literally just now remembered about the Weasel's Twitter. Has anybody checked that out lately? Didn't he help DOJ convict the Giudice's? That was probably what all those recesses were for - he was providing his counsel and expertise to the Judge.

• Love 6

On StoopidHousewives site:

Before being sentenced to 15 months in prison, Teresa tearfully told JudgeSalas:

“Thank you your honor for giving me the opportunity to speak to you. I wrote this last night. I get nervous when I speak so I’m going to add things to this. Today you will hear from the wife and mother that I am and the daughter that I am. I’m not going to deny that I’m really scared. I’m blessed but today I’m humbled. I fully take responsibility for my actions. I need to learn to do things for myself. It’s time for me to wake up-my daughters are my life that’s what keeps me going. I’ve done so much crying my daughters are my life. I don’t care about the TV show or materialistic things. We lost my father-in-law and that was the first grandparent we lost. I feel bad my 13-year-old knows anything.”

“I’m more sorry than anyone will ever know. I will make this right no matter what it takes. Now I have even more to give. I will take this experience and continue to do the right thing. I know in my heart everything happens for a reason and I’ve found my reason.”

What an ill-advised, poorly written statement!

She can start taking responsibility by downsizing to an appropriately modest sized dwelling and paying back the entire $13M her family owes, which would mean living very meagerly until the end of her days.

Excuse me...continue to do the right thing? What about loans obtained by fraud, failing to file (accurate) income tax returns, hiding assets, declaring bankruptcy as a means of escape and perjury comes even close to "doing the right thing?"

She finally found her "reason?" That's basically akin to admitting the only reason she feigns remorse is because she was caught. What a nitwit.

And anyone who's been in her presence for at least two minutes knows she's the most materialistic one of the bunch. Perhaps she's turned a new leaf but actions speak louder than words. Unless she turns in her brand new Mercedes for a second-hand Datsun with 50,000+ miles on it... I'm not buying it all just yet.

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 4

WOW! I just read about the sentence the judge handed down, with both Joe and Teresa getting prison. Teresa will serve 15 months, and Joe will spend 41 months in prison. The article said that Joe will care for the children while Teresa is "away," and then serve his own sentence. At the end of his sentence, he could be deported. Since I've never seen an actual accounting of what they did financially, I can't say whether the sentence was fair or not. In both cases, they could have been sentenced to more time, according to the report. Oh yes, and they have to pay back over $400,000 obtained illegally. Joe failed to file income taxes in 2004.

Umm..... the preceding 20+ pages have been written on all of this in just one day! Maybe a previously TV record? Catch up, girl!

Just teasing! I'm reeaaallly slap-happy right about now. Need sleep....

Edited by LotusFlower

I think who really deserves a muffin basket is Vicki from the Star-Ledger. She looked pretty tired and hungry on the You Tube video. Especially since she probably showed up at Court before 7 am to make sure she got a seat. And more muffin baskets to those here who kept refreshing her Twitter.

Can't believe I literally just now remembered about the Weasel's Twitter. Has anybody checked that out lately? Didn't he help DOJ convict the Giudice's? That was probably what all those recesses were for - he was providing his counsel and expertise to the Judge.

HAHA-Jim the go to guy for Federal Judges everywhere.  He has been quiet on Twitter.  Alex McCord predicted Bravo was probably out at all the other RH getting their reactions.  My guess is the twins, Jac, Rosie, Kathy and Richie.  Dina will say I am just here for Teresa and I really don't want to know what is going on.

So my favorite line so far from Teresa's attorney:

"No career to rely upon, no skills to rely upon, no income, no savings."  Teresa's attorney on Teresa's dismal future with her husband possibly deported and living with her four young girls, "God knows what house." 

What happened to the three times NYTimes Best Sellers author, with a food line, a dessert line, a hair line and a drink line?  The one with the college degree. I am beginning to think her attorney either does not pay attention to his client or he's stretching, almost to the breaking point, the truth to the judge.  

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 6

Shoegal, i'm with ya on this. I don't live or work in Dallas but about 50 miles east so it's still too close for comfort.

Carry on with Teresa going to the slammer!!!!!!

I'm 30 miles south of San Antonio and I'm worried.

Glad they'll be able to take turns so the girls will always have one parent with them.

• Love 1

You get about six months off his sentence so that is why he asked for it but why would this be something he is identifying over a year before going into custody and is he going to keep drinking while watching the kids?

Apollo asked for the same thing, treatment, and will get it as well. I think they reported he will get a 3 month reduction in his sentence if he completes it.

So my favorite line so far from Teresa's attorney:

"No career to rely upon, no skills to rely upon, no income, no savings." Teresa's attorney on Teresa's dismal future with her husband possibly deported and living with her four young girls, "God knows what house."

So much for Teresa being this strong businesswoman! NYT best-selling author! Entrepreneur!

Still, Teresa's lawyer was trying to make a case for extraordinary circumstances for the downward departure in sentencing - he had to make her life seem as dire as possible. And of course it didn't work. Because having four young daughters is a lot of responsibility, but it's not dire (well, Milania...), and it's not extraordinary. Nice try, counselor.

And did the judge really say that Joe's deportation was "likely?" That might be the biggest news of all, but it's so far off in the future...

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 4

I looked and he has not tweeted for a while, unless he changed his twitter account. Dina sent her "LOVE" but Kim G is enjoying the results of todays court decision!

What an ill-advised, poorly written statement!

She can start taking responsibility by downsizing to an appropriately modest sized dwelling and paying back the entire $13M her family owes, which would mean living very meagerly until the end of her days.

Excuse me...continue to do the right thing? What about loans obtained by fraud, failing to file (accurate) income tax returns, hiding assets, declaring bankruptcy as a means of escape and perjury comes even close to "doing the right thing?"

She finally found her "reason?" That's basically akin to admitting the only reason she feigns remorse is because she was caught. What a nitwit.

And anyone who's been in her presence for at least two minutes knows she's the most materialistic one of the bunch. Perhaps she's turned a new leaf but actions speak louder than words. Unless she turns in her brand new Mercedes for a second-hand Datsun with 50,000+ miles on it... I'm not buying it all just yet.

Teresa made similar promises when they were forced to withdraw their BK petitions in her many TV /magazine interviews, I would not put any stock into her words. IMO, they are still ringing hollow!

• Love 1

Responding to both zoeysmom's and ginger90's posts here. I thought the alcoholism reference was a ploy for time off, but agree it could backfire in regard to custody of the girls. I was just puzzled why either Joe or his attorney would bring this up.

Zoeysmom - I just tried to call you a desperate, welfare-fraud living in your mother's basement on All About TRH (willing to do my part) but the site seems to be having issues. I got a few checks myself wanna meet at Target tomorrow? See the not sure when that's gonna get old.

• Love 1

Zoeysmom - I just tried to call you a desperate, welfare-fraud living in your mother's basement on All About TRH (willing to do my part) but the site seems to be having issues. I got a few checks myself wanna meet at Target tomorrow? See the not sure when that's gonna get old.

Tomorrow morning it will have fresh stories-I dislike that format -especially when it gets over 50 posts.  I am sure my friend will be back.  I think there was general shock at having to wait  almost seven hours for the sentence.

Responding to both zoeysmom's and ginger90's posts here. I thought the alcoholism reference was a ploy for time off, but agree it could backfire in regard to custody of the girls. I was just puzzled why either Joe or his attorney would bring this up.

Yikes, good point. I think Joe's lawyer brought it up for leniency ("he's pitiful, he's a drunk, his father just died...") and mercy on the court. But you're right - what if it backfires? And don't forget Joe's DUI state case has a hearing in 2 weeks! The guy's a friggin' alcoholic! Without a license. Or a home. And he's supposed to take care of 4 young children?

Yikes, good point. I think Joe's lawyer brought it up for leniency ("he's pitiful, he's a drunk, his father just died...") and mercy on the court. But you're right - what if it backfires? And don't forget Joe's DUI state case has a hearing in 2 weeks! The guy's a friggin' alcoholic! Without a license. Or a home. And he's supposed to take care of 4 young children?

That's why I was so puzzled! The attorney's either a fool or really trying to have his client serve time for his crimes.

How did they plea bargain in March and then buy 2 expensive new cars since then (cars that, of course, they didn't disclose)? They also have lawyers' fees, mortgages, etc. and already stiffed tons of people by declaring bankruptcy (while keeping a large part of their assets--I dont' understand that).

How do these two crooks still live better than the rest of us after going through bankruptcy court and now pleading guilty to 5 counts, including fraud, rather than the full 41? Why isn't everything they display auctioned off to pay their creditors?

Oh well. Maybe the lawyers will finally separate the Giudices from their money.

• Love 5

How do you pay back 31 million dollars, plus fines and live any lifestyle?

With your tail between your legs.

I believe it's $13M + though, not 31.

Edited by Rahul

Sorry guys- I forgot today was sentencing day ("slap on my wrist") until my husband watched the evening news. After telling me how much time they got, I told him I was surprised she got any time (even tho she deserved more) & said that "Tre better be getting her orange jumpsuit ready." That really cracked him up because he doesn't know all the details like I do. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all your play by play comments & these are some of my favorites: photo showing Tre filing her taxes/forms, speculation on what she wore, what Danielle's & Kim G's reactions would be, if Tre flipped table, Juicy's secret briefcase's trip to Italy (forgot all about that) & Juicy steppin' out with the ladies while Tre's gone. There are many more...

I do have a question - what is the line Juicy always says meaning he's just putting the (bad) past behind him & starting fresh tomorrow? Something like "tomorrow's another day" or "whatever will be will be". I don't mean the Happy Wife line. I just wonder if he's saying that line tonite.

I was going to say that since we, the law abiding citizens, are paying for Tre's & Juicy's "college" its sad they didn't put away any money for the girl's real college. But someones post reminded me the girls will be showered with attention & gifts, so I'm sure their tuition will be taken care of. But I still feel sorry for the girls esp Gia since she knew what was going on, that her parents were facing "jail" time not just saying "going away" & dealing with the reactions of her friends, classmates, teachers, etc.

Vicki? That you?

HA!  Not Vicki.  That's hilarious, I didn't even think of that!  I don't think I even say whoohoo at all to think of it, but I often type it in emails etc. The first thing I did when I got home from work today is come to this forum to find out what the verdict ended up being.  After finding out, I thought what the hey, I'm going to comment. I signed up and the username whoohoo was the first thing that came to mind, so it's all out there now!

I do feel sorry for the kids though.  Especially Gia, she is at such a tough age anyway. 

• Love 2

I don't think Teresa's shallow, greedy materialism was doing her daughters any favors. Maybe this way--coming down to the real world and eventually living within their (modest) means will be very good for them and save them from growing up just like their mother (or worse). A middle class, even lower middle class lifestyle would be very good for the entire Joe/Tre Giudice family imo.

• Love 1

Long-time lurker from TWOP days...

First, thank y'all for the updates throughout the day!

I realize it's not the popular opinion on this forum...but I just don't understand the joy over someone else's misery.

Does Juicy say Whadda ya gonna do?

• Love 7