Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Do you guys think Teresa will be at the reunion? I don't.

I've always wondered if Bravo withholds payment on their contracts until they fulfill the services for which they were contracted.

Which could very well include being mandated to attend the reunion...I've no doubt blood-thirsty, ratings-hungry Andy would have had a clause in her contract for this season knowing this could be a potential outcome.

I know Maloof refused to attend (but she can afford forfeiting a Bravo check if that were the case) and Jacqueline (I think she might have skated by with a medical excuse what with the way Caroline was carrying on about what terrible emotional shape Jacqueline was in because of Teresa - *snort* ).

But I can totally see Andy's devious little mind, knowing Teresa and Joe need the money, putting a little caveat into her contract that demands her to show or no pay.  I think he'd be a total dick like that.

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 1

No, Zenme, because she is all about peace and love and unicorns.  And her owning a McMansion in Totowa and driving a fancy car and wearing fancy clothes and having a fancy purse, oh yeah, and a beach house, are much more important than her own father's health.  

Edited by Kerrey92
  • Love 1

I think there is a lot of money on the table.  Of course it might mean Jim Marchese can't attend because we all know he can't be around people indicted for mortgage fraud.

• Love 5

"The judge said that immigration services will not act on Joe's deportation case until after his sentence is served"

Man, their stress will be ongoing. It's not really over today... Now they will have Joe's possible deportation hanging over them.

Edited by Emme

"The judge said that immigration services will not act on Joe's deportation case until after his sentence is served"

Man, their stress will be ongoing. It's not really over today... Now they will have Joe's possible deportation hanging over them.

In my best Joe voice-"Heya Tre, it is what is. Whateva, you know, fuck em."  Big shoulder shrug by Juicy

Edited by Raiderred
  • Love 7

I had wanted to add to the pool previously that I didn't think Teresa would show up to the reunion. I forgot and too late now.

The way this is going, I'm going to be stuck at my office all night doing the work I should have been doing. Thanks Teresa

• Love 2

Update:

@VickiHy "Prosecutor wants judge to reject home confinement for Teresa Guidice 'in the very house she built on fraudulent loans.

Slap in the face to every law abiding citizen.

• Love 5

I would think that they would wait to deport him until after restitution is paid. I would imagine it would be difficult to illicit funds from him in Italy.

It does appear as though the judge is not going to be lenient with Teresa, kind of like a you made your bed now lie in it situation. I can only hope.

Geez - in my three years as a public defender I NEVER had a sentencing take this long, and that includes murder cases.

I was thinking the same thing-I was in federal court once when the judge sentenced 13 defendants and we were out by noon-and everyone wanted probation or a downward departure.

I'm just speculating, but given that the judge already said he would stagger their sentences leads me to believe she will do time. I don't know the ins and outs of how sentences work. Is it possible to care for children while under house arrest? I mean you have to take them places and leave the house. Would that even be possible with a home based sentence? 

Lucky, I totally agree. I didn't practice in Federal Court but the Judge usually has his/her mind made up when he/she gets on the bench. This is so dragged out!

Lucky, I totally agree. I didn't practice in Federal Court but the Judge usually has his/her mind made up when he/she gets on the bench. This is so dragged out!

She has only been on the bench three years.  Big problems in this case as the financial documents had problems.  It is not often in mid-sentencing the court starts talking about filing perjury charges against the defendant.  I am thinking the longer they talk they better it looks for Teresa.

• Love 1

Teresa is addressing the judge now and said she is "more sorry than anyone will ever know."  Seriously?  Sorry that she committed the crimes or sorry that she got caught.  Because without committing the crimes she would never have been cast on the RHONJ!

• Love 2

I have no sympathy at all for these two and I hope the judge won't. They committed fraud AND a fraudulent bankruptcy (and, imo, have hidden multiple assets including on that trip to Italy). They were given a second chance after the bankruptcy and could have showed good faith, tried to repay creditors, instead they arrogantly just kept right on lying and cheating and living beyond their means, confident that they could just pass the debt on to the rest of us through another bankruptcy.

They are sleazy, lying crooks who have taken no responsibility for defrauding many people. Martha Stewart got 6 months in a federal prison for hardly doing anything illegal (basically, not fully cooperating with the investigation of her broker). If Teresa doesn't get -at least- 21 months in prison--nothing waived, no "home arrest"--I will be disgusted.

Other criminals have kids, too, you know. Theirs shouldn't be any more privileged just because they're on television. (Plus, they have plenty of decent relatives to raise them--unlike many children whose parents are incarcerated.)  If the judge doesn't throw the book at her, it will be very sad. She knew -exactly- what she was doing, and committed the same crimes--with lots of self promotion and absolutely no sense of wrongdoing--over and over and over. And lied about it again and again. She belongs in prison, just as much as Joe.

• Love 10

On a really superficial note. What'd Teresa wear to court? Wasn't sure if TV footage shown today it was old.

Did she wear the:

a. the tan pantsuit with her hair up an updo.

b. the belted knee length coat with big shawl fur collar

c. the plain black pant suit

d. or the orange....oh, that's too obvious.....

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 3

I'm just speculating, but given that the judge already said he would stagger their sentences leads me to believe she will do time. I don't know the ins and outs of how sentences work. Is it possible to care for children while under house arrest? I mean you have to take them places and leave the house. Would that even be possible with a home based sentence?

Yes. That's what the ankle bracelet is for. You give a schedule for regular outings, it has to be approved. Other than that, you have to call and get permission before you leave the designated area. There is always a weekly fee for this privilege, as well.

I wish the judge would ask her, "What, exactly, are you sorry for?"

Because I bet she couldn't answer. She still thinks she did nothing wrong. She's just sorry to be going to prison. THAT's all she's crying about. What a performance.

• Love 1

On a really superficial note. What'd Teresa wear to court? Wasn't sure if TV footage shown today it was old.

Did she wear the:

a. the tan pantsuit with her hair up an updo.

b. the belted knee length coat with big shawl fur collar

c. the plain black pant suit

d. or the orange....oh, that's too obvious.....

C. Black pant suit with gold top, if I recall correctly. Juicy wore black a suit, blue shirt, black tie.

She is under contract to attend the reunion. Of course, she can say I am not attending...sue me.  Bravo will have to get in line.

• Love 2