Type keyword(s) to search

Trials and Tribulations of Juicy and Tre...

• Start Topic

Mmm...I don't know about that. There's been lots of rumors of production paying for things. Like a house for Nene (RHOA) one year.

...but, don't you have to claim that as income?  Or some sort of "in kind" contribution (forgive me, I work in nonprofit, that's what we call it).  I don't think your employer can just gift you things, right? 

• Love 3

Seriously, I am thinking of just turning off the TV.  LotusFlower is all I need.

I'm working it! HLN blows!

Lotusflower can you share the link where this info is coming from?

I've been jumping back and forth btwn. NorthJersey.com and comments on Reality Tea!

• Love 2

Update:

Esther Salas is not happy with how forthcoming Teresa and Joe Giudice of “Real Housewives of New Jersey” fame have been on their pre-sentencing forms and she has even brought up the possibility of them being charged with perjury.

Perjury!

YES!! This shit just got real.

Oh well, Teresa, at least you can have your own version of "Orange is the New Black", with that stupid orange spray tan. 

I still feel horrible for their daughters who deserve better than these knuckle dragging mouth breathers for parents. At least they have lots of family tohelp them through it. 

• Love 6

Teresa is blinking, Jacqueline is in a fetal position sobbing with a glass of wine within reach and Jim is sitting in a high chair waiting for lunch.

The only thing I dislike about the sentencing is knowing Jim will be "explaining" it all to all of the IQ12's on Twitter. I am sure he relishes his chance to spout some facts anyone can find in a book, and do it in his always oh-so-charming manner. 

• Love 2

...but, don't you have to claim that as income?  Or some sort of "in kind" contribution (forgive me, I work in nonprofit, that's what we call it).  I don't think your employer can just gift you things, right?

Good question. I'm really not sure. Hey, maybe we can ask Joe and Teresa's lawyers? They're really smart on declaring income....oh, wait....

• Love 3

@HumblePi, I'm not foaming at the mouth for it.  I honestly don't care how they get sentenced - as you said, lots of people do this every day.  I'm more fascinated by the process, with the additional social media and publicity involved.

• Love 2

Since it seems that it will possibly be a couple of more hours before sentencing is finally handed down, I'd like to conduct a short poll of members regarding this entire chaotic high-profile case. Thousands are following via social media. the television networks deem it worth enough to focus on it during the news, even CNN had 'Giudice fever'. Here's my question. It's simple but the answers may be complex.

People commit fraud every single day, and worse. People lie, cheat and steal all the time. Teresa is obviously a public figure because of Bravo. What reasons do you have regarding the punishment of Teresa and Joe. Is your disgust it because their wealth was gained illegally? Is it because of their flaunting of it? Is it more personal, do you just dislike Teresa and Joe as people?

Think hard and give me some of your own personal reasons for foaming at the mouth (as I am) waiting to hear what punishment they get.

First and foremost I find the Giudices to be stupid people.  It offends my senses that these folks, with little education or training, have put out this air of financial superiority and supreme business acumen. It really goes to the dumbing down of America.  Giudice aren't rich because they were great business people they became rich and successful through a façade that included fraud, perjury, concealment and oppression of tenants, small business owners and employees.  I find them, as does the Court to be fundamentally dishonest.  In addition they are extremely cruel, unforgiving, calculating opportunists who use the fact they are parents and today the death of a parent to try and escape culpability.

• Love 14

I haven't seen this one posted in the thread yet....

VickiDish @VickiHy  ·  14m 14 minutes ago
Lawyers says poss. deportation means 'utter destruction' of his family. #rhonj going back in

It's sounding like the judge will have not a single fuck to give about this, if what we're interpreting through these tweets is accurate.  

• Love 2

Mmm...I don't know about that. There's been lots of rumors of production paying for things. Like a house for Nene (RHOA) one year.

Production could have bought it and just let Nene and Greg live there.  As long as it isn't put in their names, I don't think the $$ come into play as income. 

• Love 2

Oh well, Teresa, at least you can have your own version of "Orange is the New Black", with that stupid orange spray tan. 

I still feel horrible for their daughters who deserve better than these knuckle dragging mouth breathers for parents. At least they have lots of family tohelp them through it. 

It sounds as if they may be getting new temporary mommies and daddies.  Win, win situation.

• Love 2

I keep wondering how she's going to get that gel manicure off in prison.  Should have worn bare nails, girlfriend!

• Love 1

Damn. I think the sentencing is going to be announced right around when I have to be picking up the kinder from school. Looks like a "Frozen"/cookies in the playroom afternoon for them!

• Love 4

HumblePi - I know what they did was terrible, but for me at least, the flaunting and then acting like they did nothing wrong ("Why is this happening to us?") is what really bothers me.

HumblePi - If you're taking a poll, I second this.

• Love 3

IIRC, if you give someone a 'gift' over a certain amount, taxes have to paid on it.  Either by the giver or receiver.  The only way around it as I see it, if it is a loan.  With that said, I think it's a crock for the most part.

• Love 2

This is freaking awesome. Dumb and dumber are still trying to conceal assets? I was busy this morning, but now it's lunch hour.

HumblePi - I really don't like frauds anyway, but the non-stop flaunting, faking and lying (and then more lying) really got my goat so to speak. Haven't seen an ounce of remorse from them just an astounding criminal sense of entitlement.

I still like Juicy though. Teresa however works on my last nerve.

I really thought this would be over by now, ran back with lunch in high anticipation.

• Love 1

Production could have bought it and just let Nene and Greg live there.  As long as it isn't put in their names, I don't think the $$ come into play as income. 

I think it does count somehow, even if it's not in their name.  I may be wrong, but I don't think that's the way it works.

• Love 1

What bothers me about the Giudices---and Teresa in particular--is that they went on Bravo TV and flaunted everything obtained by suspect means. LOL. Duh. If you are going to be shady, keep it to yourself at least.  Such stupidity and contempt for the law.

IIRC Teresa had to convince Joe to do the show....because, IMO, Joe likely knew the risk (In Andy's book, he mentioned one cast member asking if they would be wire-tapped before he agreed to sign on....I assumed it was Joe Giu). Of the two, I see him as the brains....which isn't saying much!

• Love 1

Info. and comment from Reality Tea:

North jersey news Twitter feed said Joe and Teresa came to court in a Mercedes Benz. How stupid are their lawyers and them. Couldn't they find a mini van to haul them there? They have no shame.

• Love 1

Damn. I think the sentencing is going to be announced right around when I have to be picking up the kinder from school. Looks like a "Frozen"/cookies in the playroom afternoon for them!

#parentingdoneright  #priorities  LOL!! 

Personally,  I will be teaching my chorus class at that time. "Um...sopranos, take it from measure 8 of the Handel and just keep going until you get to the homophonic section!!"  I could probably check my phone in that amount of time, lol....

God, I need help.

• Love 3

Since it seems that it will possibly be a couple of more hours before sentencing is finally handed down, I'd like to conduct a short poll of members regarding this entire chaotic high-profile case. Thousands are following via social media. the television networks deem it worth enough to focus on it during the news, even CNN had 'Giudice fever'. Here's my question. It's simple but the answers may be complex.

People commit fraud every single day, and worse. People lie, cheat and steal all the time. Teresa is obviously a public figure because of Bravo. What reasons do you have regarding the punishment of Teresa and Joe. Is your disgust it because their wealth was gained illegally? Is it because of their flaunting of it? Is it more personal, do you just dislike Teresa and Joe as people?

Think hard and give me some of your own personal reasons for foaming at the mouth (as I am) waiting to hear what punishment they get.

Who am I trying to kid I have a nice little toxic mix of karma and schadenfreude going on.

• Love 6

HLN now.  Nancy Grace is on.

Humblepi,  I'll be honest.  I'm bitter.  Small business owner.  We file our taxes.  We have had to pay taxes.  We have to pay installments.  Paying installments at Christmas time is not fun.  In order to not be levied, we turn in monthly expense reports.  The IRS won't let you pay for your son's college.  They have to take loans.  We have huge equity in our home.  It can be taken away if we miss those installment payments.  It fucking sucks.  The fact that these two didn't follow the law and file tax returns makes me mad as hell.  I've posted about this too many times I'm sure posters are sick of hearing about it.  But you asked.  We don't commit fraud everyday, lie, cheat or steal.  Well, I sometimes tell lil Miss Lablover that I am already in the car to pick her up from school, when I'm really watching TV.  She can wait 15 minutes until traffic dies down.

• Love 6

I think it does count somehow, even if it's not in their name.  I may be wrong, but I don't think that's the way it works.

I may be wrong but I believe if they are provided a home during filming it is considered a set or location.  If they continue to live there it is considered income.  With Nene one year she had to have two homes so there may have been something worked out. 

It amazes me that production is always filling Teresa's six year old house with furniture for filming and apparently magazine shoots and real estate ads.

• Love 2

Info. and comment from Reality Tea:

North jersey news Twitter feed said Joe and Teresa came to court in a Mercedes Benz. How stupid are their lawyers and them. Couldn't they find a mini van to haul them there? They have no shame.

NJ News made a point of showing their white, very new looking Mercedes suv parked in front of the courthouse.

• Love 3

I may be wrong but I believe if they are provided a home during filming it is considered a set or location.  If they continue to live there it is considered income.  With Nene one year she had to have two homes so there may have been something worked out. 

It amazes me that production is always filling Teresa's six year old house with furniture for filming and apparently magazine shoots and real estate ads.

Are Teresa and Joe trying to claim that BRAVO removes the furnishings from their home when they are done filming?  Yeah, keep digging Tre.

"The judge also questioned why the couple declared only $25,000 worth of items in their home, even though their insurance policy is worth $1 million." nj.com

• Love 3

There hasn't been a new Tweet in over half an hour (the last was the deportation tweet).

I wonder if this means it's getting down to the proverbial nitty-gritty in the courtroom with sentencing?

This is, as far as I can tell, the longest between the tweets that VickiDish has gone.

• Love 2

Just got home and came over to the boards to catch up!

I actually LOVE Teresa's cookbooks. I'm sure her MIL wrote them but whatever. I enjoyed the recipes. 

However, those two are criminals. Repeat criminals.

And for me, it's personal.  I live in NJ with five kids and have had rough financial troubles over the past year or two.  Various reasons. Mostly health and this bad economy.  I have a mortgage underwater, a beat up car and live pay check to pay check. I work. My husband works two jobs. I'm not complaining, just so you get my perspective.

We filed for bankruptcy in NJ and the lawyers told us over and over and over how we cannot lie or leave anything out on bankruptcy applications.  Everything must be PERFECTLY ACCURATE.  I had to stand there and explain that my 2000 Saturn has 350,000 miles on it so no, it's not really a valuable asset.  Stuff like that. 

EDIT to ADD: We filed a bankruptcy to stop the foreclosure on our home.  We actually don't have any other debt.  And I still got treated like I was a criminal. And I have to repay everything on my mortgage. 

And these two criminals waltz into court and lie, lie lie.  LIE about LYING.

My experience makes me double angry at these two.  Who the F do they think they are?  I had to explain my junky Saturn and they can hide millions? Over and over.

Jail is what they deserve because the crimes they did have a penalty of jail. Period.

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 17

Are Teresa and Joe trying to claim that BRAVO removes the furnishings from their home when they are done filming?  Yeah, keep digging Tre.

"The judge also questioned why the couple declared only $25,000 worth of items in their home, even though their insurance policy is worth $1 million." nj.com

I smell a little Reality Star Arson on the back burner.

• Love 4

Has this quote been posted yet?:

Judge in Giudice case says, "You make it very hard to be lenient because you lie and manipulate every chance you get."

There hasn't been a new Tweet in over half an hour (the last was the deportation tweet).

I wonder if this means it's getting down to the proverbial nitty-gritty in the courtroom with sentencing?

This is, as far as I can tell, the longest between the tweets that VickiDish has gone.

I think they're on a break 'til 1 PM.

• Love 5

Just got home and came over to the boards to catch up!

I actually LOVE Teresa's cookbooks. I'm sure her MIL wrote them but whatever. I enjoyed the recipes. 

However, those two are criminals. Repeat criminals.

And for me, it's personal.  I live in NJ with five kids and have had rough financial troubles over the past year or two.  Various reasons. Mostly health and this bad economy.  I have a mortgage underwater, a beat up car and live pay check to pay check. I work. My husband works two jobs. I'm not complaining, just so you get my perspective.

We filed for bankruptcy in NJ and the lawyers told us over and over and over how we cannot lie or leave anything out on bankruptcy applications.  Everything must be PERFECTLY ACCURATE.  I had to stand there and explain that my 2000 Saturn has 350,000 miles on it so no, it's not really a valuable asset.  Stuff like that. 

And these two criminals waltz into court and lie, lie lie.  LIE about LYING.

My experience makes me double angry at these two.  Who the F do they think they are?  I had to explain my junky Saturn and they can hide millions? Over and over.

Jail is what they deserve because the crimes they did have a penalty of jail. Period.

REAL!  

Thank god we are not fools like them and are not in a courtroom right now because WE FOLLOW THE LAW!

• Love 2

More:

Judge Esther Salas expressed frustration with the couple because she said they have assets that weren't declared in their financial disclosure forms.

The judge also questioned why the couple declared only $25,000 worth of items in their home, even though their insurance policy is worth $1 million.

In 2009 bankruptcy filings, the couple showed $60,000 in assets in their home, the judge said.

"They had an obligation to be transparent and candid and open with the court and I don't think I got that," Salas said. "I want to understand the disconnect."

The prosecutor also expressed his concerns.

"It's the same pattern of obstruction and dishonesty and manipulation that they showed in the bankruptcy case," the prosecutor told Salas.

During the hearing, Joe Giudice's lawyer, Miles Feinstein, also noted his client's father died in June, adding Giddice has been deeply affected by the death.

"He hasn't been the same person," Feinstein said. "That was his best friend."

• Love 1

HumblePi - I know what they did was terrible, but for me at least, the flaunting and then acting like they did nothing wrong ("Why is this happening to us?") is what really bothers me.

You're right on target. That's it exactly for me too, it's the arrogance of them feeling they were entitled to steal in order to flaunt their lifestyle. It's beyond arrogance when Teresa cries in her squeaky voice "why is this happening to me?"

• Love 4

Ouch. Has Judge Salas been catching up on reruns?

I think a couple of the tweets regarding the courtroom activity by VickiDish have been the Guidices' attorney bringing up their image on the show isn't who they really are or some such nonsense.

It makes me wonder just how much footage the judge has seen of the show, grandiose displays of throwing money away, over-the-top parties, and all the other fuck-and-awe antics the Guidices have shared with us over the run of the show.

I really hope she saw the clip of Teresa talking about how she can't tolerate living in a house someone else has lived in because it skeeves her out.

Welcome to Club Fed, and here's your cot, Teresa.  

• Love 4

And more:

In what appears to be an attempt to gain leniency from Judge Salas, Joe’s attorney appealed to the court in his pre-sentence statement. Miles Feinstein said that Joe Giudice is a generous and self-made man, not the “Housewives Joe” that viewers see on The Real Housewives of New Jersey.

It could be seen that by using this argument Feinstein is attempting to partially blame Bravo production and the way the show is edited. Feinstein has used also said that Joe Giudice’s father Frank’s sudden death in June played a role in the omissions on the Giudices financial reports.

• Love 1