Type keyword(s) to search

S5.E13: Reunion Part 1

snarts
  • Start Topic

Okay we get it. Hannah is terrible. So freaking what. Can they please change the subject and address how everyone else is also some degree of terrible? Gang up on Hannah is circling the drain and not entertaining, regardless of how messed up she is. Lindsay has no place being such a smug asshole.

• Love 9

So much bad bronzer application on that stage tonight. Yikes.

I hate all of these people fairly equally but there is nothing more tedious than half the show being Hannah and Kyle yelling at each other. I hope Hannah isn’t thinking about an acting career after this because those tears were the least convincing thing I have ever seen. And Kyle is an idiot and an asshole but Hannah trying to say his issues with her stem from misogyny and not just straight dislike for her was absurd. You can tell that Hannah saw that the reaction to her this season has been poor and she came in tonight trying to play the demure girl with hurt feelings in hopes of looking more sympathetic. 

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Hannah's having a legitimate mental health crisis and it's not fun to watch.  

Yet she is sponsored as an influencer by multiple mental health advocates and providers.  Because she claims she is a feminist icon and a mental health supporter.  And she thinks it’s funny to make fun of people in crisis.  And Paige goes right along with it.

• Love 4

Ok I’m pretty sure that Ciara is never going back to being a nurse full time or any time (hi KZB and Countess), and I still doubts her noble service ( at best she was in the trenches for 2 COVID months.....and in real life she can’t make her bed or flush a toilet).  And she is gonna back up on Hannah?  WTF is wrong with this girl???  Same with Paige.   

• Love 11
9 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I’m over all of them. But I’m especially over Luke, Lindsay and Amanda. I wonder how big Amanda’s britches would be if she wasn’t with Kyle. 

To be honest, I was over all of them after season 1, but I enjoyed reading the comments so much that I kept watching.  I stopped caring about the show and more about the comments.  So, thanks for the laughs and insights to everyone on this board, especially to the ones who answered my questions about American and New York culture! 💗💗💗💗💗💗

• Love 6

So Paige is basically afraid of Hannah? When asked why she seemingly agrees that Hannah acts like an asshole yet doesn't say anything to her face, she said that she tried last year and Hannah got mad at her for it.  Nice friendship there. I also think the elephant in the room is their business connection with giggly squad. It was apparent to me that Hannah demanded Paige's loyalty at this reunion. Sad.

My love for Danielle grows.  She's not afraid to speak the truth and imho is fair & impartial.  Carl's facial expressions were also killing me.  Was is Amanda who deadpanned "Hannah, are you aware that our Summers are filmed?" Died. 

8 hours ago, Drogo said:

Hannah's having a legitimate mental health crisis and it's not fun to watch.  

So what is the treatment plan for narcissistic personality disorder?  I can imagine step one might be to get off television. I know that I, for one, would be so happy to never see her again.  I agree with Lindsey, this show is about friends, and Hannah is no one's friend.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, snarts said:

So what is the treatment plan for narcissistic personality disorder?  I can imagine step one might be to get off television. I know that I, for one, would be so happy to never see her again.  I agree with Lindsey, this show is about friends, and Hannah is no one's friend.

There isn't really one, even though some (equally narcissistic!) therapists will argue otherwise.  Narcissists tend to be very impulsive and find it difficult to empathise with others, since they're so self-absorbed and self-involved.  It is extreeeeeeeemely difficult to teach someone like to manage their emotions and develop compassion for others, especially when they're already an adult.  Funnily enough, narcissists are highly insecure, despite their outward (false) confidence.  And you're right, you need to get them off television, but this is pretty much impossible for them to do, because they feed off the attention.

• Love 6

Jesus Hannah. Shes a mess. I actually predict that despite her Not a Girls Girl persona, she’s going to be a huge Bridezilla. If she’s still engaged next summer I imagine every fight will be about how someone is ruining her engagement by being mean to her.

Interesting that everyone other than Paige and Cierra HATE Hannah. I wasn't really sure about that. I knew Kyle and Amanda did and that Luke probably did but I wasn’t sure about the rest. Nope, they hate her.

I still don’t get Cierra and Paige’s friendships with Hannah. Each friendship seems like such an odd fit.

• Love 12

If anyone is wondering why the vast majority of the cast has issues with Hannah (aside from the obvious) she appatently outed & mocked Luke for being suicidal. 

• Useful 2
21 minutes ago, snarts said:

If anyone is wondering why the vast majority of the cast has issues with Hannah (aside from the obvious) she appatently outed & mocked Luke for being suicidal. 

Jesus Christ! What is wrong with her? I can have a dark sense of humor but I can’t imagine using a friends suicidal thoughts as public fodder. And on a more Machiavellian level, how does she not get how bad this makes her look? 

I wasn’t actually confused as to why most of the cast hate her, but now I’m even more confused about why Paige and Cierra don’t hate her.

• Love 18

I get the feeling that Hannah must be EXHAUSTING to live with, not to mention be friends with.  If Paige can't ever talk to Hannah about concerns she has regarding Hannah or her actions, what kind of friendship is that?  I also think that if she is not invited back, the engagement will be off.  Des is only after the fame, however fleeting it may be.

There is Hannah's truth, and there is reality.  Whenever Hannah was called out, she often said, "I didn't say that!" when we know she did because it was on camera.   She reminds me of Jax Taylor in a way.  Both are liars and manipulative.  And Hannah has just as big a head as Jax.  Hannah - get some therapy and a grasp on reality before it's too late!  Okay, never mind, just saw the post showing the clip of her laughing about Luke being suicidal.  Wow, that's irredeemable. 

Danielle once again gets the gold star.  She tells it like it is and was right on with everything she was saying.

Also, been hearing quite a bit about Hannah stealing content and tweets?  Just heard it on a podcast recently, but not sure what they were talking about.  Hannah must be really stupid.

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 11

I couldn’t handle Hannah’s fake crying what a joke. She seems like a horrible person. It makes me think something is wrong with Ciara because she likes her lol.

Luke just seems like a fuck boy.

Kind of boring tho. I FF some parts.

• Love 7
(edited)

Is Hannah being called out because of things she has said on her Podcast regarding her housemates?  I can't quite figure out the "Gang up" but if it keeps the others out of the hot seat, I can see that.

Danielle, you're nobody and nobody cares about you.  Please go away.

Carl, yes, you are mature, tall male and you have always been honorable.  With a really great job!  Get a real one and Please go away.

Lindsay, yes, you are quite the professional who carries your reasonable and calm demeanor to your personal life.  You're a shrew who will chase anybody away who cares about you. Please go away.

Kyle, you are an immature asshole.  Please continue your mullet ways and peeing outside.  Good luck Lover Boy!  Please go away.

Amanda, you're engaged to a dolt.  I'm wishing you the best but please go away.

Luke, Luke, Luke.  You are pathetic. YOU.JUST.ARE.  Ghosting your friend?  Please go away.

The other two can stay.

Edited:  I'm sure these folks will grow up; they just seem too old to be so immature.

I AM giving Hannah a pass.  No question.  From what I gather, she was a highly successful athlete with a Coach/Father and that must have its own baggage.  Regardless, I consider her athletic background to be a major winner and she can say Fuck Off to every other member of that stupid house.  At least she worked really hard for a very long time.

Edited by albarino
  • Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, albarino said:

Is Hannah being called out because of things she has said on her Podcast regarding her housemates?  I can't quite figure out the "Gang up" but if it keeps the others out of the hot seat, I can see that.

Danielle, you're nobody and nobody cares about you.  Please go away.

Carl, yes, you are mature, tall male and you have always been honorable.  With a really great job!  Get a real one and Please go away.

Lindsay, yes, you are quite the professional who carries your reasonable and calm demeanor to your personal life.  You're a shrew who will chase anybody away who cares about you. Please go away.

Kyle, you are an immature asshole.  Please continue your mullet ways and peeing outside.  Good luck Lover Boy!  Please go away.

Amanda, you're engaged to a dolt.  I'm wishing you the best but please go away.

Luke, Luke, Luke.  You are pathetic. YOU.JUST.ARE.  Ghosting your friend?  Please go away.

The other two can stay.

Yes!!!!

I wonder how Hannah even got on the show in the first place. I thought she was gross from go but after I while I got bored of posting about her and moved on. Some characters really get my goat (Tinsley for example, I cannot with her). I guess because people still don't see through Tinsley but since I know everybody hates Hannah, there's nothing illuminating to add to the narrative. 

ETA: Really makes me miss Stephen sleeping on the air mattress in the pool.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I guess Hannah also forgot that on Bravo’s Chat Room she said that her apology to Kyle was totally fake just to shut him up.

THIS. I was like... does she really not remember or think no one saw her laugh and say that she definitely did not mean that apology when she is fake crying almost tears that she really meant it to all of them??? That is why they scoff in her face at the faux shaky voice tears! She already admitted to the Bravo audience that she was full of shit with apologizing and she didn’t regret her behavior! 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I guess Hannah also forgot that on Bravo’s Chat Room she said that her apology to Kyle was totally fake just to shut him up.

Yesssss! I may be wrong but I thought she said that on WWHL, too. In which case if she did then shame on Andy for not bringing that up. 

Problem with Hannah is that she has a goal of being a stand up comedienne, however, she is not funny. Her comments that she thinks are funny always fall flat. Maybe she should go back to tennis and forget about famewhoredom. 

Luke is extremely handsome when he's cleaned up. Beautiful jawline and bone structure. I can see why he was a model. Lindsey was hanging all over him. Something is gonna be brewing with these two next season. 

Danielle is a gorgeous girl. Loved her long braid. She clearly hates Hannah. As does Lindsey. 

I have to side eye Ciera for being friends with Hannah. Same with Paige.  In fact, why is Paige on this show? She brings nothing. 

Amanda putting her hand over Kyles mouth to shut him up. No bueno. Keep you hands to yourself. Sorry if your fiance embarrasses you because you never know what is going to come out of his mouth. Be prepared for a lifetime of that. Funny, though, she said she doesn't mind his drunken antics which is usually when he's at his worst. Ok, Mandy. 

Carl is still a dolt. He has big legs and wears too tight pants and those hideous super tight shorts. The only reason he has a job is because Kyle gave him one. I'm not so sure he has his life together yet. Didn't he say he relapsed and started drinking again? 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

In fact, why is Paige on this show? She brings nothing. 

Not only does she bring nothing, what gives with her and her “we’re done with this topic” or whatever it was she said about the Luke thing. And then also answering for Hannah and going at everyone else in defense of Hannah??  It is a fact that Hannah has gone on every pod cast that will treat her favorably in addition to their own pod cast and she HAS trashed her cast mates front to back and again.  It’s all on tape!  They are busted and they know it, why are they digging their heels in on this?  It’s ok to “hate” Kyle and Luke and Carl but then just say THAT.  YOU GIRLS ARE NOT VICTIMS!

I had this on in the background this morning while I was cleaning and I laughed just as hard the 2nd time around as I did the first time with Hannah’s fake triggered tears.   girl bye.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
On 4/30/2021 at 7:10 PM, albarino said:

I AM giving Hannah a pass.  No question.  From what I gather, she was a highly successful athlete with a Coach/Father and that must have its own baggage.  Regardless, I consider her athletic background to be a major winner and she can say Fuck Off to every other member of that stupid house.  At least she worked really hard for a very long time.

So that gives her a pass for being a complete shit human?   She wasn’t even a #1 seed on her college team. 😂. So cool she played tennis in high school and college and then....🦗🦗🦗.  She worked hard for a few years in her teens.  If that.  She worked hard for a very long time?  In what frame of reference?  She’s not even 30.  Sorry to me working hard a very long time is like going at it to 60.  She was not a highly successful athlete.  

• Love 18
12 hours ago, geauxaway said:

So that gives her a pass for being a complete shit human?   She wasn’t even a #1 seed on her college team. 😂. So cool she played tennis in high school and college and then....🦗🦗🦗.  She worked hard for a few years in her teens.  If that.  She worked hard for a very long time?  In what frame of reference?

I believe she probably took up tennis in elementary school.  Are you suggesting she started playing tennis in high school?  Regardless, I consider successful athletes to be role models in our culture.  So do many others (hence football, baseball  jerseys, etc.). 

I don't follow her on social media nor do I know her college background.  Can you really blame her for saying mean things about her fellow  Summer House participants?  From what I see on the show, they are all shit heads.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, albarino said:

I don't follow her on social media nor do I know her college background.  Can you really blame her for saying mean things about her fellow  Summer House participants?  From what I see on the show, they are all shit heads.

Yes! It'd be one thing if she vented about her castmates while admitting her own faults.  The problem with Hannah is she instigates the drama then perpetually plays the victim.  When confronted, she lies and says it never happened.  

She also publicly mocked someone she supposedly cared about after he told her he'd been suicidal, merely for laughs on some podcast.  Sorry, that's just beyond the pale.  How could anyone defend that?

Edited by snarts
  • Love 10

Lol Hannah was a tennis player in her teens like good for her but that doesn’t make her a role model. Just because someone is an athlete does not make them better then anyone or get a pass for stuff.

Yes they all are pretty shitty but that doesn’t make Hannah any less shitty lol.

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Marley said:

Lol Hannah was a tennis player in her teens like good for her but that doesn’t make her a role model.

We can agree to disagree but I think it does make her a role model.  She isn't morbidly or even just obese and 42% of our population is obese.  That is a pretty big (ha ha) number!

Was it Luke (the ghoster) who was suicidal?  Didn't Ciarra say she visited him twice in MN?  And they he ghosted her?  Hmmm.

I don't follow these people but watch this show to provide me some sense of moral superiority.  It provides this in droves. 

I personally think they’re all horrible, awful people, except for Ciara because I think she’d be a fun, easygoing person to befriend. Hannah’s horribleness is overt, yes she lies and no she doesn’t take accountability for her actions, but neither does the rest of the cast for theirs. And none of them have changed in 5 years except Kyle isn’t currently cheating on Amanda and Carl was on break from drinking. That’s where I’m coming from. Hannah’s horribleness doesn’t absolve the rest of the cast from their own asshole behavior on the show or off. And it’s agitating to see them up on the stage acting like they’re all so perfect. I want to smash a sandwich in Lindsay’s face and give Luke a swirly. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, albarino said:

We can agree to disagree but I think it does make her a role model.  She isn't morbidly or even just obese and 42% of our population is obese.  That is a pretty big (ha ha) number!

Was it Luke (the ghoster) who was suicidal?  Didn't Ciarra say she visited him twice in MN?  And they he ghosted her?  Hmmm.

I don't follow these people but watch this show to provide me some sense of moral superiority.  It provides this in droves. 

Wow so if someone is in shape they are someone to look up to? How gross. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Marley said:

Gross?  Oh dear.  Don't we pay pretty/in-shape people to sell us everything?  Mascara, appliances, cars, etc.?  Not to mention Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem and Whole 30, for example?  I don't think anybody aspires to be overweight (other than sumo wrestlers) although 42% are in that category in the US.

I personally appreciate athletes and always look forward to the Olympics.  If that makes me gross, so be it.  I do aspire to be as disciplined with food, exercise and rest as they are.  And on that note, it is probably time to go for a run or swim because I appreciate Hannah's discipline to her sport.  And yes, I consider herself a role model in that respect.  

So one thing I am pretty confused about is Cierra and Luke’s timeline. If Luke ghosted her with little to no explanation, which seems true, and Cierra was upset about it, which is understandable, why did this never come up? I don’t understand why this wasn’t a factor in her not wanting to hook up with Luke. Or why she came into the house open to hooking up with Luke. 

• Love 4

Jeez, they are all horrible "actors". Hannah is the worst dry crier "misunderstood victim"across all the Bravo shows. They should just name the show "Slummer House" or the "Hannah Bananna (shit) Show".

I watch this show from time to time and just laugh and laugh at them all. Move on Bravo, most of us have!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Lindsey brought up the key issue, IMO. The premise of the show is a group of friends together in a house for several weeks. "Friends" is the key word. I think Hannah experienced a bit of fame and success and the word "friend" went out the window.  It was all about Hannah.  

Also, Hannah lives in a digital world.  For her, everything is a selfie, post, podcast, facetime, etc. It's her job. Just one look at her social media says it all. That is her world, and it's all 1) very one-sided and 2) disconnected from real live human beings. I honestly think this way of living and working has impaired her social development and communication skills.

Kyle, Amanda, Lindsey, Carl, and Danielle have their faults, but they have always supported each other in and out of the house.  I liked this season the best. Season 1 is a close 2nd. I like them because the friendships of this group really shone through.

All the rest are loose change - including Hannah and Paige.  They are offending quite a few people on their podcast.  Laughing at Luke for suicidal throughts, Hannah calling Paige autistic as a joke, referring to an actor as a good pick for the next James Bond because he is light skinned, and a few other things.

The fact that these two don't know how offensive some these kinds of comments are speaks to their lack of maturity and social awareness. It also speaks to a lack of smarts!

I really don't care where they land in the Bravosphere after all this dies down, so long as it's not the next season of Summerhouse.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 11
5 hours ago, Jextella said:

Also, Hannah lives in a digital world.  For her, everything is a selfie, post, podcast, facetime, etc. It's her job. Just one look at her social media says it all. That is her world, and it's all 1) very one-sided and 2) disconnected from real live human beings. I have to think her living in that sphere 24/7 impaired the development of social skills. 

Your entire post is spot on, but this part especially.  She also has Bravo Chat Room where she continues to tell her version of things, which is completely unfair.  Not only is she going on “12 podcasts” and trashing her cast mates, she also has an additional hour on Bravo when none of the others do.  Like Lindsey said and like you pointed out, the premise of the show is friends.  Even when the others have beef, they don’t take to SM to trash and disparage each other.  Hannah has blown all that up and taken a huge dump on it, in true disgusting Hannah fashion.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Jextella said:

All the rest are loose change - including Hannah and Paige.  They are offending quite a few people on their podcast.  Laughing at Luke for suicidal throughts, Hannah calling Paige autistic as a joke, referring to an actor as a good pick for the next James Bond because he is light skinned, and a few other things.

The fact that these two don't know how offensive some these kinds of comments are speaks to their lack of maturity and social awareness. It also speaks to a lack of smarts!

The comments that she denies making about  Carl should also be included here.  Do I think Carl (and the rest of them) have used Adderall recreationally?  Yes, most likely.  But you don’t put your cast mates on blast over it publicly.  You just don’t.

And don’t even get me started on the “a psychic” told me Lindsey and Luke slept together.  But leave out the “a psychic” part and run with it as fact.  WHO DOES THAT?  A 16 year old.  That’s who.

• Love 7
On 5/2/2021 at 11:10 PM, Marley said:

Right??

If I’m picking a Summer House body to aspire to it’s Amanda all day.   Actually Danielle and Lindsey, too.   Except doesn’t Lindsey kind of have a pancake flat ass?  Either way....I’d put all of them ahead of Hannah if this is what we are judging people on now.  None of these people are obese though. So I guess they are all role models?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

Right??

If I’m picking a Summer House body to aspire to it’s Amanda all day.   Actually Danielle and Lindsey, too.   Except doesn’t Lindsey kind of have a pancake flat ass?  Either way....I’d put all of them ahead of Hannah if this is what we are judging people on now.  None of these people are obese though. So I guess they are all role models?

They all seem to work out regularly and be pretty athletic, except for Paige who seems to naturally be pretty thin and a light eater. And maybe Cierra? She didn’t seem very physically active but that could have just been editing. But I agree that Amanda and Danielle both have amazing bodies, for whatever that’s worth.

One thing that I was surprised Hannah didn’t get much shit for was when she said the Luke got yelled at and almost beat up everyone in the house. Excuse me?!?! Unless there is a ton of footage sitting on the editing room floor, that is not what happened! Luke got yelled at, said stop, yelled back, left, came back and yelled more, Carl and Kyle tried to start a physical fight that Luke didn’t participate in. I need that fight discussed. What we saw and what everyone described is so wildly different. I need some answers.

• Love 7
(edited)
20 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

So one thing I am pretty confused about is Cierra and Luke’s timeline. If Luke ghosted her with little to no explanation, which seems true, and Cierra was upset about it, which is understandable, why did this never come up? I don’t understand why this wasn’t a factor in her not wanting to hook up with Luke. Or why she came into the house open to hooking up with Luke. 

I'm not sure she was upset. Both Ciara and Luke have said theirs was a rebound relationship. She was maybe irritated or confused by the ghosting, but not hurt. That's why she was open to hooking up with Luke after he explained (and offered a shot at "stardom") and why we didn't hear about the incident until she wanted to divert attention away from Hannah at the reunion. If it had really been a problem, the perfect time to bring it up would have been early in the season, when Hannah was airing her list of Horrors Against Women Committed by Luke. Then the list would have had the one dick move he actually pulled.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:38 AM, albarino said:

I personally appreciate athletes and always look forward to the Olympics.  If that makes me gross, so be it.  I do aspire to be as disciplined with food, exercise and rest as they are.  And on that note, it is probably time to go for a run or swim because I appreciate Hannah's discipline to her sport.  And yes, I consider herself a role model in that respect.  

Hannah and the thousands of other high school and college athletes are modeling accomplishment in sports, not good health. A much better role model for athletes would be someone like Michael Phelps, who misbehaved, righted himself and uses his platform to help others. Hannah uses hers to be a vindictive, manipulative liar in hopes of reaching Bravolebrity status. For a role model for the discipline it takes to eat right and exercise, a better choice would be an everyday person who lost weight and kept it off.

Edited by Passing Strange
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, geauxaway said:
On 5/2/2021 at 10:10 PM, Marley said:

Right??

If I’m picking a Summer House body to aspire to it’s Amanda all day.  

I'm still laughing about being called gross because I prefer to watch athletes rather than obese people on TV.  Amanda is too hippy, she isn't attractive, and she has a stupid shit for a fiancee.  At least she isn't wearing leggings and isn't 100 pounds overweight.  Right???

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

A much better role model for athletes would be someone like Michael Phelps, who misbehaved, righted himself and uses his platform to help others.

Pot smoking?!?  Still laughing.  Why is he a better role model?  He only got arrested a couple of times?

We clearly disagree so I humbly give all of you the last word.