Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Vinyl Flooring and a Cartoon Bear

jewel21

Bonnie and Tammy’s friendship is tested when they take on a big project together. Also, the women worry about a fracture in their tight-knit group.

Airdate: 04/22/2021

I loved how Adam put Tammy on a timer and it went off just as she started with "when my dad killed my mom..."  and she respected the boundary.

I thought for sure Jill was going to be revealed to be pregnant with that rocker's baby.  I'm glad that didn't happen.

• Love 9

Margerie's worries about a cat tasting the "wild life" were so cute 😁

Bonnie's catch 22 story about needing experience to get a job even when you have none rang too true. It's hard to get started in most professions unless you know someone and use your connections.

• Love 7

I was irritated that Bonnie and Tammy's dispute was summed up as, "They both meant well, so they should just make up." Bonnie was steamrolling Tammy, forcing her to lie and threatening her sobriety.

Adam saying, "She was just trying to help you" was a BS way of rationalizing it. It wasn't just about helping Tammy, it was also about Bonnie wanting to get rich quick, like usual.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

I was irritated that Bonnie and Tammy's dispute was summed up as, "They both meant well, so they should just make up." Bonnie was steamrolling Tammy, forcing her to lie and threatening her sobriety.

Adam saying, "She was just trying to help you" was a BS way of rationalizing it. It wasn't just about helping Tammy, it was also about Bonnie wanting to get rich quick, like usual.

It was also irritating that she wasn’t listening to Marjorie until she started complimenting her.  We get it Bonnie is self-absorbed.  

We also get that Marjorie is old.  It seems to be the new Christy needs a man joke and it’s just as tired.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Harvey said:

Margerie's worries about a cat tasting the "wild life" were so cute 😁

This is why my mom stopped taking the cat out on the leash; it made him try harder to sneak out when someone opened the door. (Of course, when he did manage to escape, he'd stay away from the door for a while once he was back. Guess the outdoor life wasn't all that great, after all.)

• Love 2

I thought it interesting that they brought back up what Bonnie did to Tammy when they were teens. I thought that's all done and forgotten in the name of retconning. Same goes for Tammy's backstory with the murder of her mom. But it added layers to their fight. I was not surprised when Bonnie returned to her old scamming ways, those have been her MO for most of her life as Marjorie pointed out. Trying to do it differently will be a challenge and I wonder if the show will stick with it.

Loved that we got to see the mother-in-law at the end LOL!

I wish they would stop with the Marjorie's being old and decrepit jokes. IIRC she's only 6 years older than Bonnie. And they are needlessly aging her up with old lady wardrobe choices.

Damn Alison Jayne is in fine form - I'm younger and I'm not sure I could have pulled off the physical comedy with the chair without hurting myself.

"Does my hair always look this crazy?" *silent nods from both ladies*

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Blakeston said:

15 hours ago, ch1 said:

It was also irritating that she wasn’t listening to Marjorie until she started complimenting her.  We get it Bonnie is self-absorbed.  

Once again, Bonnie is a narcissistic bully who needs to be placated and complimented and rewarded for her abhorrent behavior.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, ch1 said:

We also get that Marjorie is old.  It seems to be the new Christy needs a man joke and it’s just as tired.

I noticed that they switched from randomly insulting Wendy to randomly insulting Marjorie this week. It's like someone has to be the punching bag at all times. I really hate it. 

• Love 5

I felt so bad for Tammy, and was happy for her talk with Adam.  I like their friendship and their scenes together the best.  Gotta go change the urinal cakes! 😂

After all this time in recovery Bonnie is still so selfish.  Tammy’s fear of falling back to her old ways and going back to prison were heartbreaking considering how hard we have seen her work and find her passion / talent of being a handy woman.  But I can understand how it’s always in the back of her mind.  I wanted to give her a big hug.

The first scene was great, too.  Adams line about his crazy hair had me rolling.

• Love 9
On 4/23/2021 at 7:42 AM, Blakeston said:

Adam saying, "She was just trying to help you" was a BS way of rationalizing it.

All of this. This wasn't really a two sides agree to disagree story. Bonnie ambushed Tammy with the website and forced her to lie without ever checking to see if she would be able to maintain that. She was blowing past all the flashing lights that Tammy wasn't comfortable with it.

The thing is that I really liked Marjorie laying out Bonnie's past as lying for survival and correctly diagnosing it as not helping her anymore. And Bonnie's point about needing to have experience to get experience rang true. But none of them were really holding her feet to the fire about how she was steaming rolling her way over Tammy and what had been her business. And Bonnie didn't seem receptive to hearing any of it until Marjorie stroked her ego. Adam is also frustrating here because he generally seems to be clear-headed as to who Bonnie is, but then he'll try to rationalize all the awful she does to the point that I'm left wondering how much rationalizing he regularly has to do with himself to stay in the marriage.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Once again, Bonnie is a narcissistic bully who needs to be placated and complimented and rewarded for her abhorrent behavior.

I actually had to turn it off. Her character has devolved into such a huge POS that I gave up on the show. I just can't watch this character bully and abuse the people in her life and get away with it each episode. I like the other characters too much.

I know that at the end of every show she says sorry, amends are made and everything is forgotten. Life just isn't so forgiving. This group and her husband should have thrown her out years ago.

Edited by juno
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, juno said:

I actually had to turn it off. Her character has devolved into such a huge POS that I gave up on the show. I just can't watch this character bully and abuse the people in her life and get away with it each episode. I like the other characters too much.

I know that at the end of every show she says sorry, amends are made and everything is forgotten. Life just isn't so forgiving. This group and her husband should have thrown her out years ago.

I wish I could like this post 100 times. I can’t wait for this show to be done. But I keep watching for Gus and Wendy. I even hate Adam for marrying Bonnie. 

• Love 7

I was listening to a podcast the other day and the subject of Chuck Lorre sitcoms came up. One of the guests on the podcast said the she interviewed Anna Faris and inferred the reason Anna left Mom was because of money. It always boils down to the money. 

• Useful 3
27 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I was listening to a podcast the other day and the subject of Chuck Lorre sitcoms came up. One of the guests on the podcast said the she interviewed Anna Faris and inferred the reason Anna left Mom was because of money. It always boils down to the money. 

She was on the last season of a 2 year deal so how could it be money? 

• Love 5
On 4/24/2021 at 8:06 PM, juno said:

On 4/24/2021 at 8:14 PM, Spunkygal said:

I wish I could like this post 100 times. I can’t wait for this show to be done. But I keep watching for Gus and Wendy. I even hate Adam for marrying Bonnie. 

I had to turn if off too. And I actually like Bonnie.  But I got that squirmy cringe factor. This episode was just focusing on her worst qualities. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 2

Three more episodes for closure. If it wasn't ending soon, I'd be out. Bonnie has become so unlikable and nasty, that I just can't keep the love going. If it were renewed for another season, I doubt I'd watch.

• Love 6
On 4/24/2021 at 8:14 PM, Spunkygal said:

But I keep watching for Gus and Wendy. 

I've said this before, but I'll say it again" I'm worried that "Gus" is being sedated, because I don't know any Golden Retrievers who are that mellow and indifferent to the people around them. 

We had an 8th birthday party for my Golden on Friday and it was bedlam. 😂

Pupcakes2.jpeg

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

I've said this before, but I'll say it again" I'm worried that "Gus" is being sedated, because I don't know any Golden Retrievers who are that mellow and indifferent to the people around them. 

Some golden retrievers have been trained to remain completely motionless in a clanging MRI machine for up to 30 minutes for neurological research that requires the dog to be fully awake and not sedated.  Working golden retrievers have to maintain a stay while guns are being shot and other dogs are dashing past them to fetch birds.  Until a couple years ago at any large obedience trial you could see a dozen dogs, usually including several goldens, lined up 3 ft apart maintaining a stay for 3 to 5 minutes while the owners were out of sight and the rest of the dog show went on all around them.  Goldens are popular as guide dogs for the visually impaired, and have to remain calm and avoid interacting with people, dogs, cats, squirrels!, etc as if their person's life depended on it, because it does. Training a golden to sit or lie down for a few minutes while the handler is a few feet away off camera doesn't require sedation.  Some nice liver or hot dogs can be helpful though.

Edited by Hooper
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

Pupcakes2.jpeg

Sorry, I can't find a small talk topic so I hope I'm not derailing too much.  I just always thought Gus was a very chill pup, but now that I think about it, wouldn't he need someone spending hours a day with him chasing tennis balls or running or whatever.  I don't see Bonnie or Adam being willing & available to do that.  Now you have me worried!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Hooper said:

Some golden retrievers have been trained to remain completely motionless in a clanging MRI machine for up to 30 minutes for neurological research that requires the dog to be fully awake and not sedated.  Working golden retrievers have to maintain a stay while guns are being shot and other dogs are dashing past them to fetch birds.  Until a couple years ago at any large obedience trial you could see a dozen dogs, usually including several goldens, lined up 3 ft apart maintaining a stay for 3 to 5 minutes while the owners were out of sight and the rest of the dog show went on all around them.  Goldens are popular as guide dogs for the visually impaired, and have to remain calm and avoid interacting with people, dogs, cats, squirrels!, etc as if their person's life depended on it, because it does. Training a golden to sit or lie down for a few minutes while the handler is a few feet away off camera doesn't require sedation.  Some nice liver or hot dogs can be helpful though.

I was being tongue-in-cheek. Of course they can be trained, but training a dog to be nearly motionless for the purpose of essentially being a TV prop seems pointless to me. Every Golden I know loves people, and it would be much more fun to watch Gus interact with his humans.

13 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Sorry, I can't find a small talk topic so I hope I'm not derailing too much.  I just always thought Gus was a very chill pup, but now that I think about it, wouldn't he need someone spending hours a day with him chasing tennis balls or running or whatever.  I don't see Bonnie or Adam being willing & available to do that.  Now you have me worried!

At least Adam takes him to the bar!

• Love 1
On 4/25/2021 at 3:15 PM, ch1 said:

She was on the last season of a 2 year deal so how could it be money? 

Maybe she wanted to renegotiate her deal and they refused to pay her more? Potentially for a ninth season?

I don't know, I'm just coming up with something. 

• Love 1
On 4/27/2021 at 5:15 PM, Jillybean said:

Pupcakes2.jpeg

You should join the Dogspotting Society group on Facebook/Instagram.  I waste far too much time on there when I'm not wasting time here. 

• Love 1