Type keyword(s) to search

S36.E18: No Time To Die

• Start Topic

Oh, Fessy, Fessy, Fessy, you really are the king of douches.  I hope Kaycee stabs you in the heart when you sleep.  No, you don’t have a chance of winning, but if the woman with one functioning leg can keep going, so do you...especially since you were the one pushing her too hard which likely contributed to her accident   

CT got lucky with Amber as his partner. I like Big T and Anneesa, but both would be huge liabilities in this finale.  As for LeRoy...Nancy is pulling him down, but he isn’t pulling a Fessy.  CT and Amber for the win.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 22

While watching I was wishing it had been Fessy who hurt himself, but then he would have just blamed their loss on the terrain.  Now he has no one to blame but himself for not doing a challenge while his one-legged partner is hanging tough. I just hope they dont somehow make a comeback for the 2nd part of the finale...

• Love 10

I get the Challenge is all about weird payouts, but they've been promoting this "one million dollars!!!!1111" all season, only for MTV's accountants to be all, "Well, actually ..." in the second to last episode. You're telling me they couldn't have found an extra hundred grand somewhere.

Having contestants say "nine hundred thousand dollars" over and over sounds ridiculous. "I'm going for nine hundred thousand dollars!" "Let's get that nine hundred thousand dollars!" "Nine hundred thousand dollars, here we come!"

I'm convinced MTV's accountants switched the payout at the last minute purely for the lulz.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I get the Challenge is all about weird payouts, but they've been promoting this "one million dollars!!!!1111" all season, only for MTV's accountants to be all, "Well, actually ..." in the second to last episode. You're telling me they couldn't have found an extra hundred grand somewhere.

Having contestants say "nine hundred thousand dollars" over and over sounds ridiculous. "I'm going for nine hundred thousand dollars!" "Let's get that nine hundred thousand dollars!" "Nine hundred thousand dollars, here we come!"

I'm convinced MTV's accountants switched the payout at the last minute purely for the lulz.

I thought after TJ said 3rd place gets nothing that he was gonna say 2nd place also gets nothing and 1st place gets the 1 million.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Michichick said:

Fessy is a quitter. I bet he will use Kaycee’s injury as his excuse to protect his self-image as a good competitor, but WE ALL SEE YOU, FESSY. Quitter.

Knees are his undoing:  snow up to them, or Kaycee hurting hers.  But what he really needs is a knee to the....

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Michichick said:

Fessy is a quitter. I bet he will use Kaycee’s injury as his excuse to protect his self-image as a good competitor, but WE ALL SEE YOU, FESSY. Quitter.

He already is.

• Love 5

Good news: Karma decided to give Fessy the business tonight. Bad news: it was inflicted on Kaycee. I get the lack of love for her, but she didn't deserve to get hurt like that. The main positives are that a. It puts Fessy's chances of winning at $450K in jeopardy, and b. He's now fully exposed as a punk-ass bitch. Or maybe a bitch-ass punk. Either way, he looks like shit.

As usual, "TJ's finale" looks like hell. The funny part is that Amber B. might actually win $450K. Helps that she's with CT. Helps more that she doesn't have a malignancy yelling at her to keep running. Does it bother me that a Big Brother alumnus might win? Yeah. But she's an "Amber" with a Masshole as a partner. That's funny to me.

Food portion was nasty as usual. With that blood and meat, it looked like the aftermath of an orgy hosted by Cara Maria and Paulie. Someone suggested Fessy balked because he is Muslim and can't eat that food. I can't see that . . . that's a Pandora's Box that BMP would NEVER want opened. And since BMP are pretty sick fucks, CTAB gets to give "dessert" to one of the other teams. So nasty.

• Love 13

I'm going to make fun of Fessy completely but I have to admit that while in theory my old self, once upon a time, could have run, swam, whatever...I could never eat that food. Nope. And not with people throwing up all over the damn place. Gag. Nope. 

But I'm still loving the karma here. Kaycee goes down, but dramatically and frankly unrealistically soldiers on, unless the rest of the final suddenly gets a lot less physical. Her partner just nopes out. I mean, I do kind of get his point...they'll eat a ton of gross stuff and still most likely get eliminated.

But for the big cocky dude whose whole persona is to win at all costs and NEVER quit to just quit is...not a good look.

Not the most exciting final yet, but hopefully it will get more interesting.

Loved Leroy giving Fessy crap right to his face, lol.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9

Amber was outperforming Kaycee before Kaycee's injury.

But even if the injury never happened, Fessy wouldn't be eating that stuff.  

Cory's strategy is to chew it up with the beverage and then puke it back out, probably not swallowing much of it.

Fessy was like "Amber didn't choose me, how can that be?"

CT and Amber's strategy isn't working out.  They both had to do puzzles and eat.  Oh and I don't buy that Amber completed it before CT.  More manipulation by the producers because they wanted her being offered the chance to switch partners to create some drama.

The decision on who to slow down should be easy.  See which one has the least left on their plates.

Nany seems to smoke?  No way she can keep up.  If not for Kaycee's injury, Leroy and Nany would likely be the first ones to be eliminated.

Leroy was being positive with Nany but he was salty about Kaycee plotting to team up with Fessy and he hated the CT was winning both of the checkpoints.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, aghst said:

Nany seems to smoke?  No way she can keep up.  If not for Kaycee's injury, Leroy and Nany would likely be the first ones to be eliminated.

Nany is a smoker but she doesn't gas out on long runs. Out of the girls that are there, she's the slowest runner... but she doesn't stop running compared many of the other girls that was in this season. Nany's never been a fast runner but when she runs, she doesn't stop.

• Useful 3
9 minutes ago, aghst said:

Leroy was being positive with Nany but he was salty about Kaycee plotting to team up with Fessy and he hated the CT was winning both of the checkpoints.

At this point, Leroy has no choice but to give positive feedback because he's stuck with her now. Bringing her down isn't gonna motivate Nany to move any faster.

Leroy's been targeting CT from the get go. Leroy's position all season has been if CT (or Wes for his two minutes) makes it to a final, he's winning... so he has to go. What we're seeing with this episode is that his position was justified.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Eolivet said:

MTV does  seems cheap compared to Survivor.   the contestants do get paid to come on the show, like a weekly stipend. It's definitely more for returning vets and you earn more the longer you last in the season.  So if you add it all together, CT probably did make more than 500K.

@Lantern7 if it would make you feel any better, Amber was absolutely screwed when she was on BB.

Remember Caleb from Survivor?  Was on twice, overdid it in the heat and was medevaced by helicopter?  Beast Mode Cowboy?  He had a redemption of sorts on Survivor, but when he was on BB he was OBSESSED with Amber.  It was bad and gross and completely torpedoed her game to the point that she was eliminated because she wouldn’t like him back hard enough.  

So if she wins 450K?  It would be sweet justice for the 500K she was cheated out of so many years ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Fessy really shouldn’t show his face again on these Challenges. He’s just a weak, little punk. Eating nasty shit is part of the Challenge. If you don’t want  to do it, fine (I wouldn’t either) but don’t prance around all season saying that you’re the best, and don’t blame it on your partner who is in serious pain, but still putting in more effort than you on one leg! Weak AF! Amber really dodged a bullet.

Also, to think that Amber would go back to Fessy takes some serious delusions. My guess is she would’ve switched to Cory if anyone, but she had no reason to switch. She has the best partner already. 

I wanted Nany and Leroy to do better! Pull it together Nany!

• Love 14

Last week I was thinking that I hope Fessy or Kaycee don't get injured so they can blame that on not winning. Now that's exactly what happens, ugh. Even worse, it's Kaycee. Fessy complained all season that he couldn't compete blah blah, now the final is here and Kaycee gets hurt. I feel bad for her. The ego he had, thinking that Amber might steal him back. I bet he wishes she had. In the final, CT is the partner you want. You put a target on your back by being his partner throughout the game, but when it comes to the final, you don't want anyone else.

I thought it was such a punk move that he got to the eating challenge and didn't even try. Kaycee is unable to even stand comfortably and started eating things, and he chooses not to because, oh well we will get disqualified anyway. It lessens his credibility when he stands there and doesn't try. He won't be able to say that he kept going until they were told to stop. What if there was an opportunity to switch partners again later on? That would be such a &*$# move to do, but he is one so he would take it. This is what It is like to be partners with Fessy in the final. 

Amber was outperforming Kaycee before Kaycee was hurt, so that's great. It doesn't matter to be a few steps ahead, the checkpoints are the equalizers, it's a marathon and not a sprint. CT is 100% correct. You want to go with experience in these situations. They should give the dessert to Kam and Cory, they are the closest next to them. I am fine with any of the other 3 teams winning, but I love rooting for CT. Especially because they give him so much grief through the season for being old and being good at the same time. 

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Amber was outperforming Kaycee before Kaycee was hurt, so that's great. It doesn't matter to be a few steps ahead, the checkpoints are the equalizers, it's a marathon and not a sprint. CT is 100% correct. You want to go with experience in these situations. They should give the dessert to Kam and Cory, they are the closest next to them. I am fine with any of the other 3 teams winning, but I love rooting for CT. Especially because they give him so much grief through the season for being old and being good at the same time. 

I want CT and Amber to win as a big F You to Fessy. He claimed he could beat CT. He was not beating CT. He claimed Kaycee was the best. Amber beat Kaycee to the checkpoint and at the checkpoint challenge. The big guys always think their brute strength will get them through a challenge. But they're always all about endurance not beef. I would like to see someone like Jay in a final. I bet he could win against Fessy. 

I am sad to see Kaycee hurt, only because that's now their excuse for not winning. But if Fessy is so damn strong and could beat everyone in a final, why doesn't he carry her? Give her a little piggy back ride across the terrain he loves so much. 

I hate food challenges. I hate watching people throw up. It's the worst to me. Although it does make me wonder if they get to eat/drink during these challenges. Usually they go on for over 24 hours. They have to eat sometime in there. 

• Love 7

I had secondhand embarrassment when Kacey talking about how "she would f*cking die for this sh*t".... cause really? people take this so seriously and it's so funny to me. I guess yes, it is a lot of money. But they're so serious! You're not actually double agents on a secret spy mission! You have to run and do math and throw up gross things. Get over yourself!

I think they should get rid of gross eating challenges. They aren't entertaining to watch, especially people putting a little bit of something gross in their mouth and then immediately throwing it up. It doesn't show strength or stamina or smarts or ability at all. It's wasteful and gross and they should think of something better because it doesn't make good TV.

I wasn't really excited for the final I guess. I spent more time wondering about the logistics of how they pack and move out after the final. What that house is used for after they leave. Whose job it is to move those giant letters around. And where they go to the bathroom while running.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I'm sorry, but Kaycee seemed to be really playing that injury up. All the fake ass moaning and shit. Please. I'm so pissed she and Fessy can now use this 'injury' to explain why they didn't do well even though, as you guys pointed out, Amber was already outperforming Kaycee beforehand. Ugh. Whatever, I do love to see Kaycee and Fessy doing badly.

• Love 8

Amber B is proof of "its not how you start, its how you finished". She is kind of like Darrell in the sense where, she might not dominate or win dailies, but like Darrell, she is built for Finals. Especially, with her endurance. Wish Darrell made it to the finals, cause Darrell/Amber as a finals partnership would have been brilliant.

Also, it might be a warning sign if Amber does future seasons: dont let her make the finals.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, joanne3482 said:

I am sad to see Kaycee hurt, only because that's now their excuse for not winning. But if Fessy is so damn strong and could beat everyone in a final, why doesn't he carry her? Give her a little piggy back ride across the terrain he loves so much. 

MTV could have included a compilation of all the times that a person has had to pick up their partner and carry them. Including when, I think it was Kenny who picked up Wes? Fessy and Kaycee conspired to be together, now they are together and this happens. I still believe that CT and Amber would beat a healthy Kaycee and Fessy. Like you said, it's not about brute strength, it's about endurance. It's also about experience. CT could probably predict the final at this point, give pointers to producers. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Kenny only carried Wes for about 10 seconds for camera time only. He didn't literally carry him up the mountain. What you saw on the show was the extent of the carrying.

CT carried Tonya for longer in the Inferno 2 final.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Unclejosh said:

Kenny only carried Wes for about 10 seconds for camera time only. He didn't literally carry him up the mountain. What you saw on the show was the extent of the carrying.

CT carried Tonya for longer in the Inferno 2 final.

I’m new to the Challenge but this sounds like CT rising to the occasion again. Fessy could learn a lot from him, but his ego won’t allow it.  

• Love 4

I have a question about the logistics and dynamics of the team times. Let's say that Amber decided to switch partners, how exactly would they have figured out who was to leave first (and so on) for the second checkpoint to get the key? Let's say Amber picked Leroy, who was last to the first checkpoint...

If there are opportunities to switch partners, does an average of individual times determine who wins? I'm so curious about that.

2 hours ago, shantown said:

I had secondhand embarrassment when Kacey talking about how "she would f*cking die for this sh*t".... cause really? people take this so seriously and it's so funny to me.

I agree. I think that stupid because there will be other seasons and other chances.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I’m new to the Challenge but this sounds like CT rising to the occasion again. Fessy could learn a lot from him, but his ego won’t allow it.  

I think he was an asshole about that. Only guy from the final Bad Asses team I could stand was Derrick.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

I think he was an asshole about that. Only guy from the final Bad Asses team I could stand was Derrick.

I don’t remember that Challenge, but more often than not in the past, CT has been an asshole, so I believe it lol. IIRC, CT and everyone other than Brad was absolutely horrible to Eric when he collapsed during the Final challenge that one year, so I’m not sure he would take kindly to his partner being injured either. However, the main difference between him and Fessy is that CT could always back up his arrogance with results, and unlike Fessy, CT also has a fun and charming side. Fessy has neither of those things, and until he does, he is nowhere near the level of CT, Bananas, Wes, etc. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Amber was outperforming Kaycee before Kaycee was hurt, so that's great.

She was also beating everyone to the checkpoint at the last challenge. It was math that stopped her. I figured then she would do well with CT as her partner.

Edited by xfuse
spelling does matter
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t remember that Challenge, but more often than not in the past, CT has been an asshole, so I believe it lol. IIRC, CT and everyone other than Brad was absolutely horrible to Eric when he collapsed during the Final challenge that one year, so I’m not sure he would take kindly to his partner being injured either.

I think this older, calmer CT would be less of an ass than he has in the past. I hated him in his first seasons on The Challenge. His relationship with Diem really softened me towards him. (Of course I say that then think about his overreaction to getting Kam and dropping Big T who is lovely)

• Love 1

Every single woman who Fessy bagged on for not letting him compete at this game definitely dodged a bullet here. Amber B should be so happy that she isn't stuck with him. He pushed Kaycee to go fast at a time when she should have been careful going down those rocks and then he was going to just not eat even though it looks like the medics cleared Kaycee to continue? Ugh. If they were going to call it, I think it would have happened when she got her knee wrapped, right? He just didn't want to eat. I hope CT and Amber B gave them the extra food.

Also, enough with the gross food challenges. I hate vomit, I hate seeing other people vomit. I kept my eyes away from the tv during that segment.

Part of me thinks that Kaycee being hurt is helpful to Leroy and Nany because they were always behind them but seeing how Fessy is, I think the food part would have allowed them to catch up because even with a totally healthy Kaycee, Fessy would have had some trouble with the food section.

• Love 7

I hate watching eating challenges--I usually can't--but I also want the show to keep them for this exact reason. You can't just power your way through a final on sheer athleticism. Eating gross stuff is so much about heart and willpower. It separates someone like Fessy from someone like Amber. The challenge has never been a purely athletic event. You need to be extremely well-rounded to be successful, and players have always said finals are about breaking you down and seeing who can finish even when they have nothing left. The only sad thing is that because Fessy is big and good at football, he's not going to get the Jay from Exes edit, which is totally what he deserves. 

I absolutely believe that Kaycee being pushed to and probably past her limit contributed to her injury. She lost her footing and slipped on those rocks, maybe in part because she was overexerted. 

20 hours ago, Eolivet said:

Ha! That would be funny. They do this every season, though. TJ always tells them "what they're playing for" as the cumulative total of the entire bank for the challenge, not the highest total any one player can get. All of Dirty 30 they played that clip of him saying "This challenge is worth a million dollars," but that million was over 6 people. I think Final reckoning was the only challenge in recent memory where he told them upfront it was one million dollars, winner take all--and that's probably because there was a money steal twist at the end. 

59 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

I think this older, calmer CT would be less of an ass than he has in the past. I hated him in his first seasons on The Challenge. His relationship with Diem really softened me towards him. (Of course I say that then think about his overreaction to getting Kam and dropping Big T who is lovely)

Probably, in part because he's learned what not to do when being filmed. But he's had his moments this season, for sure. I love him, don't get me wrong, but I think he's shown that he's not quite as calm and collected and mature as he'd like everyone to believe. Then again, we know his marriage has been shaky, and that has to be a lot to deal with and think about on top of this very stressful game. 

7 hours ago, Cheetara1986 said:

Amber B is proof of "its not how you start, its how you finished". She is kind of like Darrell in the sense where, she might not dominate or win dailies, but like Darrell, she is built for Finals. Especially, with her endurance. Wish Darrell made it to the finals, cause Darrell/Amber as a finals partnership would have been brilliant.

Also, it might be a warning sign if Amber does future seasons: dont let her make the finals.

Definitely! Amber was always going to be a strong player for a team final (assuming the other person could do puzzles/math) and CT  recognized that. She's also the type of player who is going to need some luck and help to make it to a final to begin with. This season played out very nicely for her so far. 

• Love 6
On 4/15/2021 at 9:09 AM, shantown said:

Whose job it is to move those giant letters around. 

I like all of your questions but this has been my question the entire time. The giant letters show up constantly. They don't seem to blow over. How heavy are they? what are they made of? who is stuck with that job.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3