Type keyword(s) to search

Predator and Prey: Assault, harassment, and other aggressions in the entertainment industry

Message added by OtterMommy

The guidelines for this thread are in the first post.  Please familiarize yourself with them and check frequently as any changes or additions will be posted there (as well as in an in-thread post).

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I assume she has agency

Given the current and past allegations, I’m not making the same assumption. Abusive men aren’t big on consent and agency.  

Edited by Makai
  • Like 13
2 hours ago, Shrek said:

Well I guess that makes it okay by you then, whatever "had agency" is supposed to mean.

I assume he doesn’t actually ‘dress his wife.’ Who takes a lot of ownership of everything she does.if she dresses like she dresses to please him, why would that mean he was a sexual criminal anyway? 

in addition I would hope we would get past slut shaming and, in this case, slut shaming by proxy. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Makai said:

Given the current and past allegations, I’m not making the same assumption. Abusive men aren’t big on consent and agency.  

Then insult him, not her?  Look I don’t pay that much attention to that family unit, never have, not thinking about it now. If I did I would say that the way she chooses to dress is one of the qualities he valued and encouraged. If she gained weight or shlumphed out, that is where you would get the consent business and he would probably punish her. But likely not an issue unless it displeased him. 

Edited by Affogato
35 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I assume he doesn’t actually ‘dress his wife.’ Who takes a lot of ownership of everything she does.if she dresses like she dresses to please him, why would that mean he was a sexual criminal anyway? 

in addition I would hope we would get past slut shaming and, in this case, slut shaming by proxy. 

He has form of trying to dress his wife according to Kim K so I'm going with him being a not nice person, you carry on making him out to be some sort of saint though. 

And insulting me isn't going to make you look smart the way you seem to think it does. Nobody is slut shaming anyone because nobody mentioned anyone being a slut, except you.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Affogato said:

If she gained weight or shlumphed out, that is where you would get the consent business and he would probably punish her. But likely not an issue unless it displeased him. 

That’s not really what consent is, but if I truly believe that a man is going to punish his partner if she “gained weight or shlumphed out” (or for anything) I’m not going to ascribe much rationally to him or his thought process. One of the earliest warning signs of an abusive relationship is controlling behavior over minor things. 

Edited by Makai
  • Like 9