Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/01/2021

TheView
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

That was kind of shocking...I don’t know that I’ve ever eaten two fisted like that!  Cindy would probably be surprised.  She really chowed down...almost more than Whoopie does.  

Well, if she ever leaves the show (please, please, please!) - she may have a future in competitive eating!! 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I found it kind of interesting that MM focused on only one word "Neanderthal" and left out the second word "thinking".  I wonder if Biden had said that the Republican governors who were discontinuing the requirement to wear a mask were using "magical thinking", would the Republicans then say that Biden thought they were "magical"?

MM is so awful, I really try to follow her thinking but it is so convoluted and disjointed that the majority of the time it doesn't make sense to me.

I love how Ana brought up the issues that two Republicans have, but that the Republican (as a whole) are only focusing on Cuomo.  Shouldn't they just lump all three together?  Maybe that's just me.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

It's all Meghan has.  Outrage. If there isn't anything real to be outraged about she will make it up.  It hasn't gone unnoticed by me that in the six weeks since Biden has been President she has found more things to be upset about than the previous four years of the Trump administration.  

Meghan's the type who'd be outraged by a trophy she won being too heavy. And isn't Biden one of the few democrats Meghan supposedly likes? She's so much more critical of the man who comforted her when she was grieving the death of her father than she is of the person who repeatedly put down her father before and after he died. 

• Love 15
29 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan's the type who'd be outraged by a trophy she won being too heavy. And isn't Biden one of the few democrats Meghan supposedly likes? She's so much more critical of the man who comforted her when she was grieving the death of her father than she is of the person who repeatedly put down her father before and after he died. 

Pathetic isn't it?  I would love to know what goes through her cohost's minds when Meghan goes off on her outrage rants.  With them being out of the studio we don't get any reports of any backstage squabbles. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't dislike Megan for her views (she is welcome to them), but instead because she is so often intentionally ignorant just to amp up the outrage. She damn well knows that Joe Biden didn't call Republicans Neanderthals. But by intentionally misinterpreting it, she gets to act all outraged and become a hero for conservatives (who likely don't give two shits about her at this point).

She's too smart not to know the difference. It's craven.

And that's my problem with her.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 17
57 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

This is what I can't understand.  She has praised Joe Biden in the past as a friend of her father and her family.  And yes, he comforted her on the show when she was sobbing about her loss.  And yet she is almost gleeful in criticizing him.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I will never understand the extreme hatred for Megan Markle and these people who  were stoking animus against her are shocked and appalled that her husband Prince Harry chose to remove his wife and child away from the toxic environment that they created..

Racism is simultaneously both very simple and very hard to understand at the same time, on different levels. In this case, apparently very hard to acknowledge is actually happening, but dead simple to follow the manifestations once people get over the hump of seeing it. 

It's almost always masked with the English. Very few people are using the N word.  Although there was a prominent article saying she was "Straight Outta Compton", which they tried to justify because she was from Crenshaw, CA, which is NEAR Compton. 

It's mostly mutterings about how she's supposedly uncouth, or doesn't do something the right way, or is bossy (because they don't like feminists, apparently), and lots of side by side stuff where Kate Middleton did something and the Press loved and praised it, then Meghan did something fairly similar and got slammed over it. 

• Love 7
(edited)
41 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Pathetic isn't it?  I would love to know what goes through her cohost's minds when Meghan goes off on her outrage rants.  With them being out of the studio we don't get any reports of any backstage squabbles. 

I think Meghan starts her rants with a talking point on a blue card, but as she starts talking she gets more and more full of herself and it morphs into outrageous hyperbole or something that contradicts what she said earlier. If someone objects she switches into victim mode.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I will never understand the extreme hatred for Megan Markle and these people who  were stoking animus against her are shocked and appalled that her husband Prince Harry chose to remove his wife and child away from the toxic environment that they created..

They...the nefarious "The Firm," have been all-powerful for all time.  The Queen will never understand that a comment here, an order there can mean DEATH to those she criticizes. OH!  No one related by blood will be criticized--merely those who dare to say yes to a proposal of marriage.

There was enough video and print history...and childhood memories, to cause Prince Harry to be vigilant about how his wife is being treated.

• Love 6
(edited)
12 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

With them being out of the studio we don't get any reports of any backstage squabbles. 

May they'll get back in the studio later this year and somebody will write another book.

I can't stand Meghan Markle.  I think she drove a wedge between Harry and his brother/family.  Those two brothers were as close as could be their entire lives and now they're barely speaking to one another.  I had the same thing happen in my family--my brother married a woman who was insecure and wanted to be the only one in his life.  She worked and worked for years to drive the wedge and she finally alienated him from all of us.   MM was able to do it in just four years. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

May they'll get back in the studio later this year and somebody will write another book.

I can't stand Meghan Markle.  I think she drove a wedge between Harry and his brother/family.  Those two brothers were as close as could be their entire lives and now they're barely speaking to one another.  I had the same thing happen in my family--my brother married a woman who was insecure and wanted to be the only one in his life.  She worked and worked for years to drive the wedge and she finally alienated him from all of us.   MM was able to do it in just four years. 

I sympathize with your situation, but how do you know that's what happened here? Anonymous "Palace insiders" allegedly telling Piers Morgan something is hardly unbiased confirmed truth. 

Even the things we think about the earlier relationship between the two boys is mostly what we've been told, vs. independently verifiable truth. 

What I DO know is that there is plenty of video out there from before Harry even met Meghan where he's saying similar things criticizing the royal lifestyle, the British press, talking about his mother, etc. Maybe not as pointed, but enough that you can clearly see Meghan Markle isn't some evil temptress who changed him. He was always this person. What's changed, and certainly injured his relationship with his brother, is what each of them now has to protect. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
34 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

This is an interesting take on Harry and William’s alienation.  The same thing happened in my family but I’ve always blamed my brother for allowing it to happen.  This is in no way a criticism of your view.  I just have always felt my brother should have had some semblance of loyalty to his parents and his siblings but he never has.

• Love 5
On 3/4/2021 at 1:36 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

REAL ID is nothing but adding information to your driver's license. I kept getting emails that I needed to bring proof of my residence to the MVA, they looked at it, typed it in their database and that was it. But that's in Maryland, where I live. Maybe it's different for other states?

There is a deadline for Md. residents to get REAL ID, it’s October 2021, not sure if it’s National.  When you apply you must prove identity by having a Passport or certified birth certificate. You also need proof of Social Security.  The new license will allow you to board an airline traveling within the US and other countries that have agreements to use it as ID without needing a US Passport.

• Useful 1
12 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

There is a deadline for Md. residents to get REAL ID, it’s October 2021, not sure if it’s National.  When you apply you must prove identity by having a Passport or certified birth certificate. You also need proof of Social Security.  The new license will allow you to board an airline traveling within the US and other countries that have agreements to use it as ID without needing a US Passport.

Right! I swear this pandemic has eaten some of my brain cells! 

Maryland keeps extending the deadline. I know my I keep getting emails for my mom-who has kept up her license so she can drive when she comes to visit from India—but I’ve stopped getting those emails since pandemic. And now she and my dad can just show their international licenses when they come to visit again. If they ever do.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Maryland keeps extending the deadline. I know my I keep getting emails for my mom-who has kept up her license so she can drive when she comes to visit from India—but I’ve stopped getting those emails since pandemic. And now she and my dad can just show their international licenses when they come to visit again. If they ever do.

The deadline is October 1,2021 and it’s mandatory.  Only reason I know all this is because we moved to Md. two years ago and had to get new drivers licenses, car registration,etc.  
Now if I could just figure out the emissions testing kiosk I’d be a happy Baltimorean (?).

Back to the View, MM needs to figure out how to sit on her jacket so that it looks crisper.  

• Love 2

Ana, MeAgain, Sunny and the other hosts gave Guy Fieri a lot of praise and adulation for his pop-up platforms "FlavorTown Kitchen" happening all over the country right now. It's too bad they avoided the elephant in the room (I'm looking at  you Sunny and Ana).

No to go too off topic (you can Google more info yourself) Why didn't they address the fact that many well-known names in the restaurant industry have accused him of taking advantage of the pandemic, and claim all he is doing is a quick 'money grab' in each city - hurting existing restaurants trying to stay open by doing their own take-out and delivery system?  The small business owners completely oppose what he's doing in their towns. When questioned if he will keep these pop-ups open after the pandemic, he has no response.

It disturbs me greatly that these women are supposed to be pro-small business, but had nothing to say about his actions - especially Sunny.     When Van Jones was a guest promoting his project with MeAgain, Sunny and Ana wasted no time in bringing up criticism and accusations leveled against him and his sincerity to the project and actions in the past.  Why not hold Guy Fieri to the same standards?

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Ana, MeAgain, Sunny and the other hosts gave Guy Fieri a lot of praise and adulation for his pop-up platforms "FlavorTown Kitchen" happening all over the country right now. It's too bad they avoided the elephant in the room (I'm looking at  you Sunny and Ana).

No to go too off topic (you can Google more info yourself) Why didn't they address the fact that many well-known names in the restaurant industry have accused him of taking advantage of the pandemic, and claim all he is doing is a quick 'money grab' in each city - hurting existing restaurants trying to stay open by doing their own take-out and delivery system?  The small business owners completely oppose what he's doing in their towns. When questioned if he will keep these pop-ups open after the pandemic, he has no response.

It disturbs me greatly that these women are supposed to be pro-small business, but had nothing to say about his actions - especially Sunny.     When Van Jones was a guest promoting his project with MeAgain, Sunny and Ana wasted no time in bringing up criticism and accusations leveled against him and his sincerity to the project and actions in the past.  Why not hold Guy Fieri to the same standards?

Thank you for sharing this information with us, I had no idea.  That is so shady!

To be fair to the ladies they are probably unaware of this fact..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Thank you for sharing this information with us, I had no idea.  That is so shady!

I doubt they are unaware - especially Sunny. She has said in the past (all too often) that she 'does her homework' on the guest before their interviews, simply by Googling them. MeAgain has also said the same thing. They do their research, as they did on Van Jones.

Not to mention Ana and Sunny are such big proponents of 'small business survival' during the pandemic  - they must be speaking to restaurant owners in their neighborhoods and hear what's happening each day (especially in NYC and Miami).

This is exactly what I don't like about the show at times - they can be very hypocritical, but want to be taken so seriously.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I doubt they are unaware - especially Sunny. She has said in the past (all too often) that she 'does her homework' on the guest before their interviews, simply by Googling them. MeAgain has also said the same thing. They do their research, as they did on Van Jones.

Not to mention Ana and Sunny are such big proponents of 'small business survival' during the pandemic  - they must be speaking to restaurant owners in their neighborhoods and hear what's happening each day (especially in NYC and Miami).

This is exactly what I don't like about the show at times - they can be very hypocritical, but want to be taken so seriously.

True but I also think that Van Jones was personal to them so they had more reasons to go after him and I am not bothered at all in that respect by their hypocrisy since I was cheering them on...

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, LetsStartTalking said:

Not a fan of Guy Fieriiii am not surprised he would do this.

• Love 8
(edited)

Never been a fan of his and some articles say he is homophobic.

I recently had to renew my DL after 10 years and as a quarantined senior fretted about an eye appointment perhaps, and getting a haircut for the first time in 15 months. Went to the DOL and it was closed so did it online (in time) and recently received my new license good for 6 years with old photo.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Never been a fan of his and some articles say he is homophobic.

That's why I don't like Guy F.  I remember reading some mean stuff he said about gay people a few years ago. 

I didn't know about what he's doing to small business owners.  Makes me dislike him even more.

• Love 5
(edited)

Not only is there deserved criticism of his 'money grab' in every city (and putting small restaurant owners out of business) but the reviews of his pop-up kitchens have been horrible. Most people complain the prices are high, and the quality and presentation of food is horrible.  I'm sure what you get delivered to your door is quite different than what we saw the ladies eat on 'The View'.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Love 3
On 3/6/2021 at 11:24 AM, Pearson80 said:

Was this on one of MM out days?  For once i would have welcomed her line of questioning.  Unless she's a fan.  Don't know which side she would fall on

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ForumLou said:

Was this on one of MM out days?  For once i would have welcomed her line of questioning.  Unless she's a fan.  Don't know which side she would fall on

No, they were promoting 'FlavorTown Kitchens' and had him as a guest on Friday. MM had nothing but praise for his food as she stuffed her face, and even held up the bag which the food was delivered in for everyone to see. She, too, went on and on about what a great service this is and how delicious the food was which got delivered to her before the show aired.  All five hosts were praising him and his business.

Now I'm sure they are all well aware of the criticism he has received from the small restaurant owners in each city he's opening in - stealing their livelihood during a pandemic. Definitely taking advantage of the situation, and definitely a quick 'cash grab' on his end, not caring about which restaurants fail.  I hope viewers of the show do their research before they buy into this shady deal.

• Love 5

Not sure how up to date they are/were on Guy.

BTW - he was born Guy Ramsey Ferry. Changed his own name for some reason. 

I was amazed to see MM 2 fisted eating. I don't think Whoppi ever did that.

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, maggiemae said:

I was amazed to see MM 2 fisted eating

SHE JUST HAD A BABY AND HAD PREECLAMPSIA.  LET A BITCH EAT! 

(Just to be clear, that's Meg yelling, not me.)

• LOL 14
  • Love 1