Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: There's Something About Jerry

• Start Topic

Tammy's boyfriend, Jerry, comes to visit just in time to celebrate the sisters' favorite holiday, Halloween.  Tammy' sister Misty, however, questions Jerry's intentions. Amy has to face another weigh in after her concerning appointment with Dr. Procter.  

Original air data 2021.02.08

Tammy ran out of breath when Michael was pushing her in the wheelchair, that's sad.

I can't decide if Jerry is shady, or just really uncomfortable around Tammy's family & the camera.

• Love 6

Amy mentioned having met some of Tammy's "exes" but said they were all on-line as opposed to people Tammy saw in real life. I don't doubt that Jerry and Tammy met in an on-line group but this whole thing with him visiting her in Kentucky was bizarre. He seemed more excited about being on television and was downright giddy at first. Forget about when they started asking the more serious questions. I can't decide if the idea of Jerry is producer/writer driven or if he's legitimately a fetishist and is feeding Tammy. Or both. 

ETA: I am shuddering at the thought of the air quality in the van after all that chili. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • LOL 13
  • Love 5

How can they blame Jerry for bringing Tammy junk food when he hasn't been around that much? And, I can't envision Jerry spending a lot of money on shipping her junk food.  It sounds like he might have his hands full with a lot of bills for his kids.  Of course, maybe his kids are no longer children.  IDk.  I just didn't get the idea that he was focused on giving to Tammy.  TLC may have told him NOT to push Tammy, due to the possibility of him getting hurt and suing them.  

Dr. Proctor looked very concerned about Tammy when Amy gave him an update.  It's really off the scale bizarre.  

I'm glad they had a nice Halloween celebration.  I suppose that it's not much they can do with Tammy due to her size.  They need to explore some motorized chair for her.  That pushing is dangerous.  If her caregivers get hurt, she has no help.  

This one holds the most weight and it's only up to 600 pounds:(

https://americanqualityhealthproducts.com/all-power-chairs/4216-pacesaver-boss-6-series-600-675-lbs.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAgomBBhDXARIsAFNyUqMB1WmuY6fzt2JfYNRcdyjAUdEcS3UDzQM7pRmLVhgMoN2EBvivy34aAtTvEALw_wcB#/cup_holder-no_thanks/flag-no_thanks/walker_holder-no_thanks/saddle_bag-no_thanks/basket-no_thanks/oxygen_holder-no_thanks/cane_holder-no_thanks/headrest_options-no_thanks/crutch_holder-no_thanks/leg_rigging_accessories-no_thanks/front_bag-no_thanks

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 7

I would like to get your input on this.  When Tammy struggled to get into the van...she was lying on her back and wiggling her way across the floor.  It looked painful.  But, why do you think that Amy and the other lady repeatedly asked her if she was okay?  They could see that she was okay.  She has done this a lot.  Why not just observe her and not annoy her with questions?  They KNOW if they keep asking she's going to bite their head off.  lol   I'm always curious when I observe someone who is bothered and annoyed get repeatedly questioned if they are okay.  When I observe that, I look concerned, but keep quiet.  If the person needs help, they'll signal me or ask.  To keep asking them when they don't answer is sort of like poking a bear.  lol  No insult to Tammy intended.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I would like to get your input on this.  When Tammy struggled to get into the van...she was lying on her back and wiggling her way across the floor.  It looked painful.  But, why do you think that Amy and the other lady repeatedly asked her if she was okay?  They could see that she was okay.  She has done this a lot.  Why not just observe her and not annoy her with questions?  They KNOW if they keep asking she's going to bite their head off.  lol   I'm always curious when I observe someone who is bothered and annoyed get repeatedly questioned if they are okay.  When I observe that, I look concerned, but keep quiet.  If the person needs help, they'll signal me or ask.  To keep asking them when they don't answer is sort of like poking a bear.  lol  No insult to Tammy intended.  

Totally agree with you about the continued asking Tammy if she was OK.  It was hard for her to keep answering--she didn't have enough breath--but she *was* OK, and said so.  But her breathlessness (I guess) caused them to ask again.  I got the feeling that some of the asking was for the camera, to show that they were concerned (because of the breathlessness).  The more they asked, the more out of breath and furious/humiliated she became.

I wonder if anyone has ever thought about getting a heavy rubberized sheet with handles--one of the 600 lbers had one--so she could be pulled into position on the van floor?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Totally agree with you about the continued asking Tammy if she was OK.  It was hard for her to keep answering--she didn't have enough breath--but she *was* OK, and said so.  But her breathlessness (I guess) caused them to ask again.  I got the feeling that some of the asking was for the camera, to show that they were concerned (because of the breathlessness).  The more they asked, the more out of breath and furious/humiliated she became.

I suspect that there have been times when she wasn't okay that they didn't ask, and she got angry at them.  They had to climb over her to get into those back seats.  That is awkward for everyone in back. 

This shows airs after my bedtime so I miss the chat.  The benefit is that I can watch it on the dvr and ff thru the ads and some of the repetitions that TLC puts in.  I find much of it boring so I am usually multi-tasking and letting it run in the background so I miss some stuff that some of you watchers probably catch.

What I am wondering about is Jerry.  I thought I remembered his going to Atlanta to meet Tammy.  Did this not happen or did he go to Atlanta and avoid meeting Amy and Michael?  Just seems very odd to me.   Meeting someone online is pretty much hit or miss, and I imagine picking someone to "date" from the men who like their women fat is even more difficult.   I think he may either want her completely bedbound or he wants her to lose just enough weight that she is still super obese but still able to move around because she is relatively young.  I would think maybe around 450.   He certainly didn't turn into a gentleman to help with the wheelchair, although I think he would find it hard.  At least Michael has some experience with it.  I don't think he wants her at the point where it is a lot of work for him.  I think in Atlanta she bragged about having sex with him.  A far cry from the women on my 600pl who claim to have never been intimate with their husbands

11 hours ago, GaT said:

I can't decide if Jerry is shady, or just really uncomfortable around Tammy's family & the camera.

I think it is all that.  I think he likes being on camera,  but I think he is shady and is uncomfortable because Amy and the family are concerned about his being shady and are mentioning it in front of the camera.  

30 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I wonder if anyone has ever thought about getting a heavy rubberized sheet with handles--one of the 600 lbers had one--so she could be pulled into position on the van floor?

I think the van is too small for that.   It might work if they had one of those conversion vans that were popular 30 years ago.  Also it would need to be Chris and Michael doing the lifting, and I don't think Chris is always around.   You would think gaining those additional pounds would make the van travel so much more uncomfy for Tammy it would motivate her to at least get back to the upper 500's.

I guess it was in the tease for the next episode but does anyone understand what happened with the meal plan.  It sounds like Tammy got 32 of the pre-made meals and ate them in 2 days.  At 3 meals a day, that's enough for 10 days.  I was wondering about storing that many at a time.  I guess if I emptied my fridge of a lot of stuff I could cram 32 of them into it.  But I would worry about the shelf life.  I sometimes buy the pre-made meals at the grocery and they all have sell-by dates on them.  I don't think any are 10 days out. 

4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I can't decide if the idea of Jerry is producer/writer driven or if he's legitimately a fetishist and is feeding Tammy. Or both. 

I vote for both.  Or rather I think it is the latter, and TLC has decided to run with it and probably encouraged and paid for both his trips.

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

How can they blame Jerry for bringing Tammy junk food when he hasn't been around that much? And, I can't envision Jerry spending a lot of money on shipping her junk food. 

I think if he is one of those people who is a feeder and wants to see her eat that it is more likely than not he will send her the food he wants to see her eat--that  is, mostly candy--so she can eat it while they skype and he can watch her.  And she probably also ordered it for that same reason.  

Even without Jerry, dis not good sitcheation for Tammy.   I would love for Dr Now to have a show like Pillow Talk where he comments on this show.   I hope we keep seeing Dr Proctor following Amy's life.   He looked distressed about Tammy.

• Love 7

Jerry did go to Atlanta to meet Tammy.  It was when Amy had her surgery and Michael was at the hospital with her, Tammy was at the hotel on her own.   I got the impression Jerry only wants her to lose enough weight to be mobile (obviously he's not capable of pushing that wheelchair).  I am heartless but watching Michael or Chris trying to push her around makes me think I'd leave her to sit at home (other than essential doctors appointments).  You want to go places?  Then stop stuffing your face.  She was somewhat mobile at the end of season 1 so it's not impossible.

Amy did well, I thought she might have weighed over 300 again,  Her weight gain since her last visit to Dr. Proctor was quite reasonable given that she's pregnant.  

I missed any reference to a meal plan for Tammy, but then I don't pay close attention and fast forward a lot.  I could see Tammy downing 16 meals in a day quite easily, it probably just adds up to a couple of what she considers a "normal" meal size.  Or she just continuously eats them one after the other from morning to night.

Edited by Caoimhe
  • Love 9

I wonder if Jerry has considered that if things continue, he could end up as a full time caregiver for Tammy.  That's a huge job....bathing, pulling, wiping, etc.  when people get bedbound. It's nonstop work around the clock for years.  I can't see someone signing up for that, though, we do see it regularly on some of the super obesity tv shows, though, it's often a family member who is the caregiver. 

I suspect that the meals the doctors recommend for Tammy are so small that she doesn't consider them a real option.  A full meal may be just a snack for her.  

I'm not sure if mainly lettuce salads are that recommended, but they don't really hold much in the way of nutrition or satisfaction as a darker veggie.  Iceberg lettuce is mainly water, though, I read that it does have some vitamins.   Can't they focus on something more like low carb darker veggies and protein.  Those plain salads look unappetizing and not very filling.  They would be enough to depress anyone.  So, why do they seem to focus on that so much?   

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Well on 600 Lb Life, it usually takes 4 or 6 big firemen to handle a person on that.  Do they make them with little wheels on the bottom, to roll her.
Maybe if they said, "hey, you're now to big to push/pull," and let her stay home, she'd try harder.
This episode was just awkward, and I can imagine Jerry felt it too.  
So much feels like the producers consider this a freak show, and these people are on display.

• Love 5

I don't look at current happenings of these people, so I have no idea what's going on, but, I can't imagine how Tammy would continue to be mobile at the rate she was gaining weight. At some point, I guess you do get bedbound and then it's only a matter of time before blood clots, pneumonia, lymphedema, cellulitis, and organ shut down....I'm quoting Dr. Now with that prediction, but I think it's true.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Twopper said:
2 hours ago, Mothra said:

I think the van is too small for that.   It might work if they had one of those conversion vans that were popular 30 years ago.  Also it would need to be Chris and Michael doing the lifting, and I don't think Chris is always around.   You would think gaining those additional pounds would make the van travel so much more uncomfy for Tammy it would motivate her to at least get back to the upper 500's.

What I'm thinking of is a rubberized sheet or something else really strong that would fit in the floor of the van where she sits.  Instead of wallowing herself into position, Tammy would sit on the edge of the van, on the sheet, lean back, and then be pulled on the sheet into the van.  Then she could wiggle herself into sitting position.  I think it would work great.  Sort of the way the OR staff shifts the 600 lbers onto the OR table.

1 hour ago, auntjess said:

Well on 600 Lb Life, it usually takes 4 or 6 big firemen to handle a person on that.  Do they make them with little wheels on the bottom, to roll her.
Maybe if they said, "hey, you're now to big to push/pull," and let her stay home, she'd try harder.
This episode was just awkward, and I can imagine Jerry felt it too.  
So much feels like the producers consider this a freak show, and these people are on display.

Doesn't anybody else remember the 600 lber who had a special rubberized sheet/mat/something--it even had handles sewn around the edges--that her *kids* used to help her shift position and move from the couch to her wheelchair?  Or am I high again?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Mothra said:

What I'm thinking of is a rubberized sheet or something else really strong that would fit in the floor of the van where she sits.  Instead of wallowing herself into position, Tammy would sit on the edge of the van, on the sheet, lean back, and then be pulled on the sheet into the van.  Then she could wiggle herself into sitting position.  I think it would work great.  Sort of the way the OR staff shifts the 600 lbers onto the OR table.

I didn't pay close attention to their van, but it seemed to be an older model where the sliding doors are only on one side.  If it opened on both sides, then your idea would probably work. they need a place for the pullers to stand

10 minutes ago, Mothra said:

Doesn't anybody else remember the 600 lber who had a special rubberized sheet/mat/something--it even had handles sewn around the edges--that her *kids* used to help her shift position and move from the couch to her wheelchair?  Or am I high again?

I remember that.  I think it may be the woman who spent so much time in rehab learning to stand/  walk.   Or mostly resisting learning to walk as the case may be.  I think she had a watn episode, too.

• Love 2

At some point, they really should say "you're too heavy to transport" except for medical needs.
Let her miss the shopping and the hayride.  
It's not incumbent on them to go buy a hoist for heaven sake, and she needs to take responsibility.

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, auntjess said:

At some point, they really should say "you're too heavy to transport" except for medical needs.
It's not incumbent on them to go buy a hoist for heaven sake, and she needs to take responsibility.

Yeah, it’s risking the handlers and her safety every time they take her out.  If she fractures a hip or leg....what would they do?  How would they operate or treat her?  Her recovery would be very difficult.  

• Love 5

The poundticipant with the carry sheet with handles was Milla, she borrowed it from the local fire department, and then returned it when she was mobile, and at her goal weight.  

That wouldn't work for Tammy or Amy, without the legions of hunky firemen, and EMTs to haul it around.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

Without Tammy and all the challenges she faces & causes in daily life they don't have much of a tv show. At this point, Tammy is the show and everyone wants to stay on the tlc payroll for as long as possible.

Regarding Jerry, it was interesting that Amy thought to ask him how many kids & grandkids he had. I would have gone with 'Are you still married & how many other side pieces do you have besides Tammy?' but that's just me.

Edited by lulu69
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, lilysmom said:

Did Tammy ever say what her big secret that she has to share with Jerry is? A lot of times while I'm watching this my mind drifts so I am not sure if everyone else knows but me!

It was a teaser to get us to tune in next week.  So she hasn't shared the big secret on the show yet. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

I think if he is one of those people who is a feeder and wants to see her eat that it is more likely than not he will send her the food he wants to see her eat--that  is, mostly candy--so she can eat it while they skype and he can watch her.  And she probably also ordered it for that same reason.

I bet you’re right. There are big candy care packages and assortment boxes on Amazon for under $30. I don’t know how much either of them have to spend on candy, but the Amazon prices are much cheaper than Jerry’s bag of goodies from the gas station. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, GaT said:

Tammy ran out of breath when Michael was pushing her in the wheelchair, that's sad.

I know! She was breathing hard sitting in her wheelchair while Michael was busting his ass getting her up that ramp for the hay ride. We've seen that she can walk short distances, so why can't she at least not make him push her through grass. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

ETA: I am shuddering at the thought of the air quality in the van after all that chili. 

Fold sweat and gas, that is probably why Jerry had a look of regretting his decision to visit for tv time.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I am proud of Amy for only gaining 2lbs. Yes she could’ve lost weight and still had a healthy pregnancy, but even on a typically sized woman, 2lbs can be a trip to the bathroom. So it’s clear she is putting in effort to stay in the plan. 

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I am proud of Amy for only gaining 2lbs. Yes she could’ve lost weight and still had a healthy pregnancy, but even on a typically sized woman, 2lbs can be a trip to the bathroom. So it’s clear she is putting in effort to stay in the plan. 

This. Plus, at her lowest weight iirc she was around 280lbs. Now at 7 months preg she's 292ish. So she gained only 12lbs by 7months. That's fantastic. Good job Amy. Keep it up.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 8

Dont know if Jerry is sketchy or not; still considering. When the sister was grilling Jerry I am sure he felt uncomfortable.

I am a bit of an introvert and people always ask me why are so quiet. I am getting to a point where I am about to start saying I dont know; "Why are you so damn loud?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Texasmom1970 said:

I am a bit of an introvert and people always ask me why are so quiet. I am getting to a point where I am about to start saying I dont know; "Why are you so damn loud?"

I feel that too. Sometimes we don't know how to insert ourselves into the constant bloviating of other people. We may be able to talk if some people would take a breath. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I bet you’re right. There are big candy care packages and assortment boxes on Amazon for under $30. I don’t know how much either of them have to spend on candy, but the Amazon prices are much cheaper than Jerry’s bag of goodies from the gas station. 

I bet TLC may pay for a lot of that.  I've heard they pay for fast food on 600 Lb.

• Useful 1

Everyone has pretty much said what I thought this episode, but I'll leave my two cents anyhow:

Tammy, sorry that the general public is not used to accommodating a 600+ pound person in a wheelchair in a small, Halloween shop or on a hayride! Really? All stores and restaurants should be prepared for this? The world was not made for humans to roll around in wheelchairs in public at this size. If you want to go out in public with more ease (and ease on the back of your poor brother and brother in law), lose some damn weight and get more mobile. I am so over her. She reminds me of the lumps of people in the Pixar movie "Wall-E". And someone please give her a regular face mask!

Jerry flat out SKEEVED me out. Whether this is producer driven or not, dude is SHADY. Standing around while Michael and others shoved Tammy's wheelchair everywhere. Giving Tammy's family the side eye for asking questions about his life. Send this one back to whatever Crack house they found him in. I mean, I get that Tammy is starved for a relationship/partner/sex/whatever, and I made some questionable dating decisions when I was divorced and lonely, but still. 

Props for Amy for staying on track late in pregnancy. I was also considered obese when pregnant with my last (I am about 4'10" and was 180 pounds when I got pregnant, and was very scared about my weight). I also only gained 13 pounds during my entire pregnancy, and almost 8 of that was my daughter. And, like Amy's belly-cast scene, I had to wait for my baby belly to "blend" into my lower belly roll! LOL. Although that luckily happened earlier on than Amy.

Dragging out "the secret" for yet another week. Dis better be good.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Without Tammy and all the challenges she faces & causes in daily life they don't have much of a tv show. At this point, Tammy is the show and everyone wants to stay on the tlc payroll for as long as possible.

Regarding Jerry, it was interesting that Amy thought to ask him how many kids & grandkids he had. I would have gone with 'Are you still married & how many other side pieces do you have besides Tammy?' but that's just me.

Tammy. meh.  Tammy and Jerry, triple double meh.    

I am much more interested in Amy's pregnancy and Chris.  I would love to see Chris start to lose a significant enough amount of weight on his own that he declines the surgery.   And I bet someone did ask that off camera, probably Chris or Michael.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, snarkish said:

Jerry flat out SKEEVED me out. Whether this is producer driven or not, dude is SHADY. Standing around while Michael and others shoved Tammy's wheelchair everywhere. Giving Tammy's family the side eye for asking questions about his life.

Jerry was skeevy to me as well. If he is supposed to be there for Tammy, why didnt he help any of the other men who were trying to push her wheelchair? why didnt he do it? Does he have an injury of some sort that would prevent him from helping?? Its just rude. If you see someone struggling and you are able bodied offer a hand!

ETA- I am of two minds about taking Tammy on outings. I of course don't want anyone to get hurt, and transporting her for recreational activity carries a risk, I 100% get that. On the other hand, getting her out of the house DOES encourage her to move and likely stimulates her mind. When I am home all day the fridge is more tempting versus if I am out and about doing things and focused on whatever activity I am participating in. I wouldnt blame anyone if they said "no we aren't transporting you any more until you lose weight', but I also understand that they think going out is good for her.

I know its Halloween in show time, but when the weather turns cannot the invest in an above ground pool with all that land they have so she can do some water aerobics? I don't know how feasible that would be because I am not sure she can climb into the pool.....but she HAS to move or she will lose the ability to do so.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

Tammy. meh.  Tammy and Jerry, triple double meh.    

I am much more interested in Amy's pregnancy and Chris.  I would love to see Chris start to lose a significant enough amount of weight on his own that he declines the surgery.   And I bet someone did ask that off camera, probably Chris or Michael.

Yes.  They could get rid of Tammy and her scowling passive aggressive tantrums and I'd still watch to see Amy and Chris.  Amy will have plenty more challenges with the stress of being a new mom and trying to keep a handle on her eating.  Chris will I'm sure hit a few bumps in the road but he isn't blaming the world for his weight problems.  

I hate those clear masks especially on Tammy.  A nice fabric one with a smile painted on would be a huge improvement.  If any of them have hearing issues and need to lip read I haven't heard it mentioned yet and that's what clear masks were created for.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

I hate those clear masks especially on Tammy.  A nice fabric one with a smile painted on would be a huge improvement.  If any of them have hearing issues and need to lip read I haven't heard it mentioned yet and that's what clear masks were created for.

I didn't have hearing issues before, but I find it hard to understand some people in their masks, especially at the grocery store where music is playing.  One of our stores caters to the boomers so they play a lot of oldies from the sixties. 

I guess the clear ones are also good for recognizing people, although in the case of people like Tammy, their size is enough to identify them.  I have seen more than a  few people  that I didn't recognize in their masks and longer hair until they spoke at me.   And I may have passed by some others that didn't recognize me --like ships passing in the night.

5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I know its Halloween in show time, but when the weather turns cannot the invest in an above ground pool with all that land they have so she can do some water aerobics? I don't know how feasible that would be because I am not sure she can climb into the pool.....but she HAS to move or she will lose the ability to do so.I

I think you answered your own question.  She would need a hoist machine like they sometimes show when the super obese are in the water.  Plus at her weight she would displace about a third of the water when she got in which would probably defeat the purpose.  Maybe when covid ends, she can go back to that place she went to earlier.

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

I think you answered your own question.  She would need a hoist machine like they sometimes show when the super obese are in the water.  Plus at her weight she would displace about a third of the water when she got in which would probably defeat the purpose.  Maybe when covid ends, she can go back to that place she went to earlier.

Yes you have a point.

I go both ways on Tammy and outings too.  On one hand I'm afraid poor Michael is going to get flattened like Wile-E-Coyote.  On the other hand, they looked like they were having such a great time on the hayride and that was probably a real boost to Tammy's spirits.  

It occurred to me though...how much weight can a minivan carry if Tammy accounts for at least half of the capacity and everyone else is at least 250 pounds (except for Jerry who is lucky if he weighs 135)?  Yikes!  It would appear that they have a production rental for filming.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I go both ways on Tammy and outings too.  On one hand I'm afraid poor Michael is going to get flattened like Wile-E-Coyote.  On the other hand, they looked like they were having such a great time on the hayride and that was probably a real boost to Tammy's spirits.  

It occurred to me though...how much weight can a minivan carry if Tammy accounts for at least half of the capacity and everyone else is at least 250 pounds (except for Jerry who is lucky if he weighs 135)?  Yikes!  It would appear that they have a production rental for filming.  

Well there's Tammy, Amy, Jerry, Chris....mini vans can hold a LOT of weight, you can fight 8 typically sized adults in there right? (I am thinking of the number of seat belts). If Tammy counts as 3 adults everyone else should fit in the mini van and maybe one other car. I know she sits in what I think is the 2nd row by herself.

• Love 1

I suspect that producers instructed Jerry to refrain from pushing Tammy to prevent him from getting hurt and suing.  Family could sue too, but not as likely as a guy she met online who wants to be on tv.  I’ll give Jerry a chance, but he didn’t seem that in to Tammy.   I know she is likely lonely, but she should realize that not everyone you meet online has good intentions.  She seems fairly naive.  

I bought a cloth mask with clear mouth piece for court, but I can’t use it, as now they are recommending double masks and I am complying.  

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Caoimhe said:

I wonder if they were given them by production, considering they have to subtitle their mumblings and mispronunciations. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I suspect that producers instructed Jerry to refrain from pushing Tammy to prevent him from getting hurt and suing.  Family could sue too, but not as likely as a guy she met online who wants to be on tv.  

That's a good point.

• Love 1
On 2/10/2021 at 9:03 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I know its Halloween in show time, but when the weather turns cannot the invest in an above ground pool with all that land they have so she can do some water aerobics? I don't know how feasible that would be because I am not sure she can climb into the pool.....but she HAS to move or she will lose the ability to do so.

To answer your question about water aerobics, you must go back to season 1 (I don't know which episode, sorry!) to watch Amy and Tammy at the pool. It remains one of my favorite moments of the series!!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, lilysmom said:

To answer your question about water aerobics, you must go back to season 1 (I don't know which episode, sorry!) to watch Amy and Tammy at the pool. It remains one of my favorite moments of the series!!

Thank you, I didnt watch season 1 but my BFF filled me in.

• Love 1
On 2/9/2021 at 12:23 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

But then again, if i was struggling like that i wouldn't want to have to ask for help.  And if no one offered or asked if i was OK, I'd be thinking......'gee, thanks for the concern,  guys'(sarcastic).   But once is enough.  Don't keep repeatedly asking.   But that's just my opinion.

Edited by suev3333
  • Love 1

lulu69--"Without Tammy and all the challenges she faces & causes in daily life they don't have much of a tv show. At this point, Tammy is the show and everyone wants to stay on the tlc payroll for as long as possible."

(Sorry, lulu69, I don't have the copy/ paste, move someone's quote thing down yet) however....

No truer words were ever spoken!   I will admit, i like a good train wreck

😏

Edited by suev3333
  • Love 1

I think Tammy’s weight loss would be interesting, but her not losing, only gaining is just sad to me. Plus, if she dies, they are really going to have just half a show.  To me, having a great show would be showing her losing weight, even if slowly, getting surgery, getting stronger, getting skin surgery, getting a makeover, and living the life she wants. That could take up to 6 seasons at least. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, suev3333 said:

But then again, if i was struggling like that i wouldn't want to have to ask for help.  And if no one offered or asked if i was OK, I'd be thinking......'gee, thanks for the concern,  guys'(sarcastic).   But once is enough.  Don't keep repeatedly asking.   But that's just my opinion.

I suspect it is partly out of habit.  Due to COVID, we were unable to get physical therapy for Mr TWoPper who was having trouble with one leg.  He has a tendency to make various noises when it gives him trouble, and since I am concerned he might topple over, I constantly am asking "are you okay?'  He hasn't complained about that, but I have noticed he isn't quite as vocal about his awkward movement so I am not asking all the time.  As I said, it just became a habit.

13 hours ago, snarkish said:

I wonder if they were given them by production, considering they have to subtitle their mumblings and mispronunciations. 

I think so, too, now that you mention it.  One of my favorite closed caps mistakes is "cycle therapy" for "psychotherapy" by Dr Now.  In the last episode, he was wearing a surgical mask, and he has a tendency to mumble.

I am not sure how many episodes there are, but I certainly hope that by the last one Tammy is losing weight.  I think she is probably scared to lose in part because her youtube persona relies on her being super duper obese.  I think for Amy, the desire for a child overcame any concern that her show would circle the drain if they lost weight. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Twopper said:

I suspect it is partly out of habit.  Due to COVID, we were unable to get physical therapy for Mr TWoPper who was having trouble with one leg.  He has a tendency to make various noises when it gives him trouble, and since I am concerned he might topple over, I constantly am asking "are you okay?'

We make fun of each other for making "oof" noises when we stand up and ask "are you okay" when we almost choke on our own saliva. Neither one of us is fat, we are just getting close to elderly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/10/2021 at 6:03 AM, Scarlett45 said:

ETA- I am of two minds about taking Tammy on outings. I of course don't want anyone to get hurt, and transporting her for recreational activity carries a risk, I 100% get that. On the other hand, getting her out of the house DOES encourage her to move and likely stimulates her mind. When I am home all day the fridge is more tempting versus if I am out and about doing things and focused on whatever activity I am participating in.

I want Tammy to at least try to be more active. Her getting winded in her wheelchair that Michael was pushing... that isn't a life. I am usually way more active then I've been lately, and I've been feeling it mentally.  I want Tammy to care about herself, even if it's little changes.

• Love 6