Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: There's Something About Jerry

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, nokat said:

I want Tammy to at least try to be more active. Her getting winded in her wheelchair that Michael was pushing... that isn't a life. I am usually way more active then I've been lately, and I've been feeling it mentally.  I want Tammy to care about herself, even if it's little changes.

I sometimes randomly think about how much sadder amd more dire Tammy's situation is.  

I think she is the more intelligent of the two sisters.  She can cover it up with corny jokes all she wants, but every once in a while you'll get an insight from her that seems deeper or she will say something that shows a degree of insightful thought.  

I think she uses her natural intelligence to manipulate others.  

But at the same time, she has to know her situation is really, really bad.  She has to know that she has to be suspicious of internet boyfriends.  I like trainwrecks just as much as the next person.

There was this show, back in the day on A&E called "heavy" which tammy would have been a great candidate for.  

They basically took an obese person to a fitness retreat for like a couple of months.  Their diet was closely monitored (their suitcases were checked for snacks).  They worked out with a personal trainer.  They not only ate less, but they were actually taught HOW to shop in a grocery store and what to buy.  They would feel good about losing some weight.  But when they went home the team followed up with them, they were hooked up with a local trainer and nutritionist.  

I think tammy just needs a very controlled environment away from food and away from amy who she will bully into buying her unhealthy food. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think she is the more intelligent of the two sisters.

They like to play dumb, but I agree that Tammy is not stupid. She is in deep denial and Jerry is just going to take her down farther. You can make bad choices while not being dumb. Someone mentioned that she has pretty eyes. There is pretty under the weight.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, nokat said:

We make fun of each other for making "oof" noises when we stand up and ask "are you okay" when we almost choke on our own saliva.

I am laughing with you, not at you!

2 minutes ago, edie3 said:

I am laughing with you, not at you!

I don't care if you laugh at me. My joints snap and pop in the morning. I don't have any prescriptions, so the old body is still working.

• Love 1

As I was folding laundry last night I caught the supersized edition, but it was not memorable for anything new.   The only new part I can recall is that Amy had to eat a bug in the treat/trick segment.  Probably not on Dr Proctor's diet plan.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

As I was folding laundry last night I caught the supersized edition, but it was not memorable for anything new.   The only new part I can recall is that Amy had to eat a bug in the treat/trick segment.  Probably not on Dr Proctor's diet plan.

LOL, surprisingly it may have been the only thing she ever ate that WAS on the diet plan.  High protein, low carb...

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

For me, the beauty of a person shines through when they demonstrate kindness and  compassion for others.  I’m not immune from seeing that with this family.  I think it just gets obscured when they demonstrate self destructive behavior that harms themselves and others.  

• Love 5

The last show made me lose respect for just about all of them.  Tammy needed to get up for a second so Michael could get her wheel chair through the door frame - she made absolutely no effort - very lazy.  She doesn't want help - she just wants to be catered to.  Nice of Jerry to watch and not help out.  Tammy will never lose wait if they keep waiting on her.  Amy and Michael need to move away and not worry what happens to Tammy since Tammy only cares about herself.  50 lbs. gained since last appointment is disgusting, just like eating 32 meals in 2 days is.  No sympathy from my end at all.

• Love 2
On 2/9/2021 at 12:09 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

How can they blame Jerry for bringing Tammy junk food when he hasn't been around that much?

I was saying the same thing as I watched this.  I think Tammy utilizes Door Dash, Grub Hub, Uber Eats or some other such service to get her junk meals.  Due to covid restrictions even some grocery stores deliver now. To blame Jerry when he was only there about a week is ridiculous. 

Edited by swankie
Added more food delivery examples.
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, swankie said:

I was saying the same thing as I watched this.  I think Tammy utilizes Door Dash, Grub Hub, Uber Eats or some other such service to get her junk meals.  Due to covid restrictions even some grocery stores deliver now. To blame Jerry when he was only there about a week is ridiculous. 

I would think since Amy still lives next door, she would notice the increased traffic in their yard.  or deliveries from Amazon. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, swankie said:

To blame Jerry when he was only there about a week is ridiculous. 

I disagree. As we discussed upthread, he could easily be sending her the goodies he wants to see her eat via webcam. That's sort of a feeder's m.o.

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 2
On 2/16/2021 at 1:10 PM, lulu69 said:

I disagree. As we discussed upthread, he could easily be sending her the goodies he wants to see her eat via webcam. That's sort of a feeder's m.o.

Jerry is one of those skinny people who seem to subsist on junk food, consumed nonstop.  He probably has no more idea than Tammy about the relation between calories consumed and weight gain.  I hope he stays away from her.

• Love 2
On 2/16/2021 at 1:10 PM, lulu69 said:

Jerry is certainly sending her food but I doubt he can afford to send her enough to cause a 50 pound gain. Someone in the Slayton compound is responsible for supplying Tammy that kind of volume. 

Where they are looks pretty rural. Is DoorDash delivery available in that area? Food would have to be coming in non-stop.  Amy lives next door but she acts baffled as to where Tammy is getting food. Wouldn't she hear the pizza guy coming up the driveway 4x a day?

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 2
On 2/12/2021 at 12:42 PM, RealReality said:

I sometimes randomly think about how much sadder amd more dire Tammy's situation is.  

I think she is the more intelligent of the two sisters.  She can cover it up with corny jokes all she wants, but every once in a while you'll get an insight from her that seems deeper or she will say something that shows a degree of insightful thought.  

I think she uses her natural intelligence to manipulate others.  

But at the same time, she has to know her situation is really, really bad.  She has to know that she has to be suspicious of internet boyfriends.  I like trainwrecks just as much as the next person.

There was this show, back in the day on A&E called "heavy" which tammy would have been a great candidate for.  

They basically took an obese person to a fitness retreat for like a couple of months.  Their diet was closely monitored (their suitcases were checked for snacks).  They worked out with a personal trainer.  They not only ate less, but they were actually taught HOW to shop in a grocery store and what to buy.  They would feel good about losing some weight.  But when they went home the team followed up with them, they were hooked up with a local trainer and nutritionist.  

I think tammy just needs a very controlled environment away from food and away from amy who she will bully into buying her unhealthy food.

A&E needs to bring that show back! It seemed like all the participants on the show were successful, it was really motivating.

• Love 2