Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Chilly Reception

• Start Topic

Heather works hard to finish her new Beauty Lab location for her launch party, but worries that she hasn’t connected with Jen since Vegas. Mary goes to her place of peace, her church choir, while Lisa spends time with her family doing what she truly loves – making business plans. Meredith and Seth realize that their marriage is a hot topic for their friends while Sharrieff surprises Jen with a date night she won’t forget. And at the Beauty Lab Launch Party, Jen tries to make amends with her friends but it doesn’t go as well as she planned.

Airdate: 02.03.2021

• Useful 1

Oh.  My.  God.

What kind of party was going on in the editing room with this BEWITCHED/MAGNUM PI-style television flashback drug trip, BRAVO?  I don't think I have ever seen that before.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4

Yep, I'll be wearing that face THING right away! NOT.  Does Jen REALLY forgive Whitney?? Naaa.  Does Whitney's dad EVER look like a regular person?? Naaaa...

Do ANY of us care about Brooks Marks and his whiny ass??  Naaa.. not really, Brooksie.  Check back with us in a few years.  You may learn how MUCH your whining is annoying.  You're a teenager. 

Jen's apologies to Meredith are sort of weird.  Actually, Jen acts like she's had a tranquilizer.  Backpedaling like crazy!

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 7

Whoopsie Jen....  She can't understand why she's apologizing...  That is BAD. Seriously. TERRIBLE.

Blah.. blah.. blah... Apparently, MORMONS have problems too. Thankfully.

But a 3 part reunion???? Naaa...

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 6

I can't think of one culture that  espouses the types of behavior Jen has been demonstrating this season.  She's not exactly doing the Polynesian community proud with her antics.

Jen's talking head in this episode...was it only my TV or did anyone else think her makeup looked like she had dirt on her nose?

Stupid end to a stupid season.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

Is it body-shaming if I call Whitney's father creepy-looking?  Or just shallow?

No - but his body's not the problem - it's above the neck where things go awry 😄 

Lisa was kind of turning into my favorite by default until she went throwing Whitney and Heather under the bus with Jen.  And Brooks Marks, the pants to your mom's suit were ugly and I'm glad she took them off.  Before you cry about "seeing her vagina" you'd better learn where a vagina is located and what one looks like.  Meredith, you looked like a twat in that mask thing.

I had to LOL at them all showing up to Heather's party and posing away for their "paparazzi" in front of that banner.  They really think they're something impressive don't they 😄😄 😄 

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

The skin tight, kinda see thru dress is not doing Heather any favors. 
Meredith is wearing bubble wrap on her face. 

9 hours ago, Shannah Banana said:

I am hating the mask that doubles as a necklace.  

Loved Whitney’s double mask response!

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, janiema said:

Meredith sort of slumps to the right. Is there a reason? 

There may be a physical reason, but it reminds me of teenagers who want to be seen as too cool to care.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, janiema said:

1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

It's a pose.  Trixie Mattel of RuPaul's Drag Race fame describes it as "enter workroom, shift weight, catchphrase, pose"

Why can I imagine Brooks Marks telling his Mom she should do this, and then, Meredith practicing in front of him?  

EDITED TO ADD:  He also probably told her to wear that stupid face cover thing, too.  I've only ever seen those things worn by models on a runway, during a collection fashion show.  (This was filmed before COVID, correct?  Not that that facecover would provide any type of protection!)  

Edited by njbchlover
  • LOL 13
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

That scene with Jen and her husband was all kinds of bullshit (except the dancing, which looked fun) - not sure which one is running the bigger con.

Speaking of cons - watching Mary’s choir follow her instructions while looking at her in horror said it all!

This show might have a chance if they lost Jen and Mary - and Brooks, of course.

I did see some of that, but I also saw some of her "followers" looking at her with tears in their eyes and absolute adoration on their faces (well, that was my take on it, anyway).  I kept thinking how she has these poor, misguided souls so hoodwinked that they think she is actually some kind of Messiah from above.  Some of those choir members looked absolutely shattered that she was criticizing them.  

What a shame that some people are so naive and want to believe in something so badly, they will accept whatever b.s. is thrown at them.  

• Love 22

I am an actual professional chorister, and the worst thing I have ever seen after a decade of watching this BRAVO nonsense was Mary leading that choir.  I'm going to have fucking nightmares.

• LOL 10
  • Love 14
35 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I did see some of that, but I also saw some of her "followers" looking at her with tears in their eyes and absolute adoration on their faces (well, that was my take on it, anyway).  I kept thinking how she has these poor, misguided souls so hoodwinked that they think she is actually some kind of Messiah from above.  Some of those choir members looked absolutely shattered that she was criticizing them.  

What a shame that some people are so naive and want to believe in something so badly, they will accept whatever b.s. is thrown at them.  

She was deploying the classic Cult leader tactic .. she was ripping them down ripping them down then being nice ....

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
14 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She looks ridiculous standing there in that mask 

Brooks had something to do with it, he had to, right? Will we see those masks in the the next all one track suit runway show?

Did we all notice the two sparkles glued on to her eye lids?

Isn't Meredith the one with the jewelry line, why is she not wearing/promoting the doo doo out of it?

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

omg break them down break them down give them a little praise ... 

Was there a portrait of Mary's grandmother with Jesus in her church? Is that normal or accepted in church?

Jesus should tell Mary her wigs are atrocious.

Did Mary comment on the weight of that guitar player, telling him to lose weight then tells the heavy set drummer that he is looking healthy? WTF? 

Does Mary sing well in that she can run a choir rehearsal?

I loved Whitney's red dress.

Tequilla Lisa and her Lone Wolf hair care line is stupid, those kids are not ready to work for their Lamborghini's, they can hardly stay on task.

The big button millitary costumes or outfits ast Mary calls them are by what designer?  All that money she scams from poor people and she wears the worst looking crap.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I think this is the last episode of the season? I hope so, I’ve been hate watching. If this comes back to season 2 and if they don’t get rid of Jen and Brooke, I won’t be watching. 

Oh it's coming back for season 2. Andy has been promoting it all season long on WWHL. He has the virtual audience and all of his guests singing it's praises. Everybody loves it. Yeah right. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did we all notice the two sparkles glued on to her eye lids?

Hell, yeah!  Like that mask wasn't ridiculous enough.  Reminded me of the scalp implants for those snap on toupees. She doesn't come across as someone who usually goes for edgy fashion choices and doesn't carry it off well. 

Was there a portrait of Mary's grandmother with Jesus in her church?

There was indeed a portrait of Jesus with an older black woman who I assumed was the deceased grandmother.  I remember seeing photos of Ben Carson's home where he had a portrait of himself with Jesus.  That was the first and last time I saw something like that before this.  

Tequilla Lisa and her Lone Wolf hair care line is stupid, those kids are not ready to work for their Lamborghini's, they can hardly stay on task.

Lisa and family at the aquarium was fine.  Lisa at a liquor event is fine too. Lisa showing off her full time entrepreneurial skills is just showing off for the camera as far as I am concerned.  it reminded me of Alex on RHoNY striving to portray her sons as little cultured beings like when she got her kid the piano.  Family shouldn't be used as props.

Heather is a grown woman with her own successful business.  I really hate how she portrays herself as so needy, particularly when fishing for compliments from her ex.

When did the step and repeat become a thing?  I can understand it during a red carpet press event like the Academy Awards, but when they're set up at a private party it just looks stupid.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, janiema said:

I think that she and Seth are drunk and/or stoned out of their gourds for most of Meredith's and all of Seth's scenes. Between her slow, drawn out, vocal fried speech pattern, while looking bored and on the edge of sleep, and his slurring, I'm convinced they do some kind of "pre-gaming" before filming.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I think this is the last episode of the season? I hope so, I’ve been hate watching. If this comes back to season 2 and if they don’t get rid of Jen and Brooke, I won’t be watching. 

If they don't stop showing Lisa's kids and their product I am out.  Not here for kids, not here for the parents starting a product in their name etc.  I ff through the whole damn segment.  In fact, Lisa can go.  Don't like her AT ALL.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Was there a portrait of Mary's grandmother with Jesus in her church? Is that normal or accepted in church?

Yes it was - and it is neither normal nor accepted in church.  Biblically speaking, the church refers to the body of Christ, meaning the Christians, and we are in church to worship and learn about God.  It seems that in Mary's "church" they are worshiping the Crosby women.  Very odd.

1 hour ago, ichbin said:

Lisa and family at the aquarium was fine.  Lisa at a liquor event is fine too. Lisa showing off her full time entrepreneurial skills is just showing off for the camera as far as I am concerned.  it reminded me of Alex on RHoNY striving to portray her sons as little cultured beings like when she got her kid the piano.  Family shouldn't be used as props.

I guess she figures that if we will believe Brooks Marks is a real designer with a show, we will buy children launching a product line 😄 

1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I think that she and Seth are drunk and/or stoned out of their gourds for most of Meredith's and all of Seth's scenes. Between her slow, drawn out, vocal fried speech pattern, while looking bored and on the edge of sleep, and his slurring, I'm convinced they do some kind of "pre-gaming" before filming.

Is that what was going on during their "flirtation" over the bananas?  Also very odd 😄 

• LOL 6