Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Moving on and Mother Hens

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The Chastain staff works together to diagnose a mother-daughter pair who both come in with symptoms that make it difficult to determine their conditions. Devon deals with an unexpected visit from his mother and Conrad and Nic try to figure out the best time to tell everyone their big news. Bell deals with an over-eager fan of his show who ends up needing treatment at Chastain. Mina makes a bold move when she realizes her visa is about to expire.

Airdate: 02/02/2021

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I was actually wondering the very same thing. 

I also thought it was weird there was no mention of Cane. 

Same. Maybe this was aired out of order? 

22 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

I also thought it was weird there was no mention of Cane. 

Yes, it was odd that he wasn't mentioned, but wasn't he recovering from the operation that has left his surgical career in jeopardy?

• Love 1

Found this to be an entertaining episode.

Clearly the young girl swooning over Dr. Bell was going to be a psycho stalker, but thought it was an interesting twist that it was tumor-related. 

I always enjoy the interplay between A.J. and Mina. Now the stakes are high and Mina's poker face is cracking. Does she genuinely love him or just wants the green card? I think it's both, but the immediate crisis maybe helped her realize it. Though I don't love the constant allusions to what they did in the morning before work and what they did overnight. We get it.

Bell is more transparent than he thinks as to feeling initially flattered by the young girl, as well as craving the CEO position again.

Luxury condos! No!

Previews look good.

My sole complaint was that I wasn't feeling Pravesh's storyline. Come to think of it, the mother-daughter storyline was too predictable, as well. Still enjoyed this episode.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Arkay said:

I always enjoy the interplay between A.J. and Mina. Now the stakes are high and Mina's poker face is cracking. Does she genuinely love him or just wants the green card? I think it's both, but the immediate crisis maybe helped her realize it. Though I don't love the constant allusions to what they did in the morning before work and what they did overnight. We get it.

When she confronted him the 2nd time and told him she loves him, I thought she was going to say she's pregnant. Then I was wondering would that (pregnancy) be a valid reason for granting her a visa? Any immigration experts here??

Edited by preeya

I like Devon, but his storylines are always the weakest on the show, and the most boring.  I hope he and his Mom help each other get through their grief, but is it mean for me to say that I hope they do this off-screen?

Turning Chastain into luxury condos?  I thought it would be better as a high-end art museum of some kind. 😉 

("Chastain Memorial" is actually the High Museum of Art in Atlanta)

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Driad said:

Can they really shut down a hospital without government approval, publicity, etc.?  Presumably the city would want to avoid losing it.

To my understanding it’s privately owned so the city doesn’t have a say in it, but I’m sure it will affect the surrounding hospitals that will get more crowded.

I also don’t understand what happened to Cain. They should have alluded to him still being on the vent. 

I like Devon and am glad they are dealing with his grief but I’m missing his cute princess girlfriend and wish she would make an appearance.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, twoods said:

I like Devon and am glad they are dealing with his grief but I’m missing his cute princess girlfriend and wish she would make an appearance.

I forgot about the cute princess.  I hope she comes back.  I do like Devon's mom though so if the princess doesn't come back, maybe his mom will introduce him to a nice woman that he'll like.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Driad said:

Can they really shut down a hospital without government approval, publicity, etc.?  Presumably the city would want to avoid losing it.

Even as a private hospital, as @twoods said, I can't imagine that there wouldn't be some public outcry about this. Certainly a major metro area like Atlanta needs a hospital more than luxury condos. 

• Love 4

Atlanta is fortunate to have many excellent hospitals in the area (or rather, hospital "systems").  Over the years, a lot of our smaller hospitals have merged together to form hospital systems that have locations all around the metro area.  If "Chastain Memorial" was real, I'm sure that Emory Healthcare, Northside Hospital, or WellStar would have loved to have added Chastain to their systems.

• Useful 3

I'd think that the sudden closure of a well-renowned hospital is the talks of the entire area, since their closure is going to affect every other hospital in the vicinity. Not only that, but the fact that it sounds like the closure is going to happen VERY soon, and you'd think that Red Rock would want to inform the employees much sooner than they just did with Bell. Alas, just another example of Red Rock being the evil villains. 

Devon's story works for me so far. I liked seeing his mother make a return and seeing both of their grieving processes. Yes, it's frustrating to see Devon stubborn in his grief and declaring that he's fine when he's not, but obviously his father's death affected him.

Nic and Conrad are having a girl! That's cute!

And Mina/AJ are already having some dramatic storylines with Mina needing a green card. I think it'll be a struggle if they DO go through with a wedding with immigration. I like that Mina pointed out that it would be suspicious for them to suddenly get married this quickly. Despite them knowing each other for years, she's right in that they have no proof on their relationship being legitimate enough for a quick wedding. 

I can't say I wanted to hear about Cain's status. I assume he's still in his coma and on a vent and that's all I need to know, tbh. 

• Love 1

Dr. Bell's redheaded stalker patient reminded me somewhat of an older, freckle-less version of Kami Kotler from The Waltons.

I have seen the promiscuous woman with tumor plot not so long ago on another medical show, but can't remember which one.

• Love 1
On 2/3/2021 at 6:49 PM, Arkay said:

Certainly a major metro area like Atlanta needs a hospital more than luxury condos. 

Living in Atlanta, I can confirm...yes, we are overflowing with luxury condos at the moment, lol. 

I shouldn't be surprised, but I still was, that they didn't go down the addiction path with Devon. This show has a history of not doing cliched storylines even when it seemed unavoidable, but I thought this was going to be the exception. I guess there's still time, but I was super happy to see him give the pills back to Nic and then have a real-talk with his mom. Also glad to see that that relationship doesn't appear it will be the typical overbearing mom-son conflict. I thought the moment at the end with the two of them in the kitchen was very sweet.

I really love Mina and AJ. Before Covid, I saw Malcolm-Jamal Warner every week or so working out at my gym. Never wanted to bother him, but I hope he's still there whenever I decide to go back. He always seemed very approachable, and I'd love to just let him know how much I'm enjoying him and Shaunette Wilson together, as well as the show in general.

This continues to be one of my favorite shows on right now.

Edited by Giuseppe
  • Love 7
On 2/6/2021 at 12:58 PM, Giuseppe said:

I really love Mina and AJ. Before Covid, I saw Malcolm-Jamal Warner every week or so working out at my gym. Never wanted to bother him, but I hope he's still there whenever I decide to go back. He always seemed very approachable, and I'd love to just let him know how much I'm enjoying him and Shaunette Wilson together, as well as the show in general.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind an "I love your character on The Resident" type of comment as you pass by.  Just don't stop and be in his face/stalkerish!

• Love 1
On 2/3/2021 at 12:52 AM, Arkay said:

Clearly the young girl swooning over Dr. Bell was going to be a psycho stalker, but thought it was an interesting twist that it was tumor-related. 

Several years ago, I had a friend whose husband went from loving husband and father to totally erratic and abusive.  They were at the "just need the judge to sign off" stage of their divorce when the cops picked him up one day walking down the street in 30 degree weather buck naked.  They sent him for a psych eval which also included medical tests and found he had a large brain tumor.  They got him into surgery fairly quickly and he was back to his former kind & loving self.  

I'm glad that it came to light so quickly in the show ,wrapped up in one episode and not an off-the-rocker type of stalker that continued for weeks on end.  

8 hours ago, Leeds said:

I'm sure he wouldn't mind an "I love your character on The Resident" type of comment as you pass by.  Just don't stop and be in his face/stalkerish!

Heck no, that is not my style at all, lol.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AheadofStraight said:

Am I the only one who noticed this? He was listening to a heart with it on like this. 

20210328_184530.jpg

hahahahaha

obviously he was listening with his carotid

• LOL 3