Type keyword(s) to search

S15 E08: We Have a Team

ByTor
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

We aren't that interested in new shiny things. We like our vets.

And yet there are so many on social media and the “Premier” FB group who just mindlessly gobble up whatever CMT wants them to.

The fans marvel at the new rookies while putting down the “rude” and “unprofessional” Brennan, Lily and Hannah. 

They’ll also always talk about the “queen” Kat and “how far” VKs come and how she’ll make GL or point today. And of course, Maddie has such a large fan group it’s annoying. 

It’s so depressing sometimes ... 😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
23 minutes ago, klh25 said:

They had even more options this year due to Covid and many of them chose not to go that route and are probably wishing they had now.

I definitely agree with that.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, klh25 said:

Sorry, don't agree.   They have an option - try out and do the show or don't.  They had even more options this year due to Covid and many of them chose not to go that route and are probably wishing they had now.

In DCC language they didn't have any real option - everyone knows you show or you go. Unless they had legitimate job conflicts like Taylor (who coincidentally also has an extra 'in') they would have been gone either way. 

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Only a very few I can think of. I think most audition because there are very few dance jobs, they want to perform, and DCC is very well known. And yes, some do try to get a husband out of the deal. But they get that by being DCCs, not by being part of a reality show, especially a reality show that doesn't exactly have a huge audience. So no matter why someone might dream of becoming a DCC, they shouldn't have to give up on that because they are stuck being on a reality show. If it was announced that MTT will be no more, I'll bet that just as many, if not more, would audition.

I think some pursue it in spite of the show because they believe in DCC and love to dance.  I do think others do it for more social media followers like Kat. 

4 minutes ago, Lona said:

And yet there are so many on social media and the “Premier” FB group who just mindlessly gobble up whatever CMT wants them to.

The fans marvel at the new rookies while putting down the “rude” and “unprofessional” Brennan, Lily and Hannah. 

They’ll also always talk about the “queen” Kat and “how far” VKs come and how she’ll make GL or point today. And of course, Maddie has such a large fan group it’s annoying. 

It’s so depressing sometimes ... 😂

As awful as it was and as much as I don't agree with how this season unfolded....It sadly worked. Marketing genius...because they leveraged the power of focusing on girls people already knew...used COVID as teasers... and viewers ate it up. Social media still buzzing and saying the vets sucked and the 'new girls killed it.'

To me its hilarious that the argument seems to be "its a professional team" - An attached manufactured edited reality show invalidates that claim.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Only a very few I can think of. I think most audition because there are very few dance jobs, they want to perform, and DCC is very well known. And yes, some do try to get a husband out of the deal. But they get that by being DCCs, not by being part of a reality show, especially a reality show that doesn't exactly have a huge audience. So no matter why someone might dream of becoming a DCC, they shouldn't have to give up on that because they are stuck being on a reality show. If it was announced that MTT will be no more, I'll bet that just as many, if not more, would audition.

I don't fully disagree with you.  I do think a lot of young folks these days want the show...I think it is why you get so many from other teams that try out.  It wasn't the way in my day, but just look at all the social media influencers now and people that subject themselves to the Bachelor franchise.  This is the life they know now, I think the majority of them would try out either way.   I am grateful all this stuff wasn't around when I was a young person. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, klh25 said:

I think it is why you get so many from other teams that try out.

So do I. When I was commenting on your post before, I was going to say that just as many would try out without the show, but then I thought about this. Without the show, DCC probably wouldn't even be on the radar of many of these women.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:
9 minutes ago, klh25 said:

I think it is why you get so many from other teams that try out.

So do I. When I was commenting on your post before, I was going to say that just as many would try out without the show, but then I thought about this. Without the show, DCC probably wouldn't even be on the radar of many of these women.

Quoting myself...I actually DID say if the show were no more that just as many if not more would audition, so may I clarify, I'm referring to local women. I do think a lot are turned off by having to go on the show 1st (Dayton Bramhall comes to mind).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

I really did want to be a DCC from the time I was little, they used to show these programs...I remember them dancing to If My Friends could see me now or something like that.  In my heydey I think I could have made it (90-91) when I was a Strutter.  That is why I'm so into this dumb show, lol.  I am living vicariously through them.  I was real excited when Julia tried out, she is my cousin's best friend.  I almost stopped watching when they cut her.  I know she messed up on media day but she really is a lovely young woman, very beautiful in person and had just been through a pretty bad car accident.  I might still be a little mad...but I do love the show and I know their job is a tough one.  So for selfish reasons I don't want the show to end.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Quoting myself...I actually DID say if the show were no more that just as many if not more would audition, so may I clarify, I'm referring to local women. I do think a lot are turned off by having to go on the show 1st (Dayton Bramhall comes to mind).

I did feel bad for her, sweet girl.  Honestly though, I cruise a lot - I would have rather been a cruise dancer.  More travel, dancing every night.  Your actual JOB that you don't have to work around other things.  Sadly with Covid that is a no go right now but I just think that would be incredibly fun.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, klh25 said:

Sorry, don't agree.   They have an option - try out and do the show or don't.  They had even more options this year due to Covid and many of them chose not to go that route and are probably wishing they had now.

More options? Where? Covid shut down Broadway and many of the other dance venues they could have tried for in a "normal" year.

After seeing how poorly the "Bubble" was maintained and how Kelli and Judi cut two top-notch vets for a few unproven rookies (esp one like Alora Rose who is a yawn fest), I'm betting those that didn't go are thanking their lucky stars they didn't.

They should have kept vets and never had training camp this year.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, klh25 said:

Yes, but if you know that is the process you can't be mad at it later.  It seems to me most of these Ladies try out to find a rich husband - not to further their dance careers.  How many have actually taken it to a full blown career?  Most I read about go to college, marry rich husband, have babies, stay home.  I know there are some that really want it for their resume but that seems to be a small percentage these days.  IJS.  Disclaimer - not saying anything is wrong with that plan.  I married young (19) and had babies right away (lived in a trailer though).  My dance career was over, I've been a Banker ever since.  

Do you mean how many have had a full blown dance career after? Would you expect them to (show or no show)?  People who are more immersed in the dance world can probably answer this better than I can (and please correct me if Im wrong), but DCC is top of the chain in terms of pro sports dance jobs (only the Laker girls are as well known to the general public). Other than taking a step down to another sports team, I wouldn’t think that DCC would be a natural step to other dance jobs in NYC, LA, Vegas, etc. Not saying it hurts on a resume, just that it seems like someone who really wants to dance on Broadway would get to NYC and not take a 1-2 year detour to Dallas.

I think it makes sense that most DCCs would either go into non-dance jobs afterwards, get married, or work at local studios, and I think that would make sense even if there wasn’t a reality show. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

More options? Where? Covid shut down Broadway and many of the other dance venues they could have tried for in a "normal" year.

After seeing how poorly the "Bubble" was maintained and how Kelli and Judi cut two top-notch vets for a few unproven rookies (esp one like Alora Rose who is a yawn fest), I'm betting those that didn't go are thanking their lucky stars they didn't.

They should have kept vets and never had training camp this year.

I'm talking about the options given to the DCC for trying out/not trying out, not talking about other dance opportunities. 

Yes because we should all be bubble experts, dealing with something that has never happened before.  Good grief.  

Maybe, but they didn't.  

Edited by klh25
12 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Do you mean how many have had a full blown dance career after? Would you expect them to (show or no show)?  People who are more immersed in the dance world can probably answer this better than I can (and please correct me if Im wrong), but DCC is top of the chain in terms of pro sports dance jobs (only the Laker girls are as well known to the general public). Other than taking a step down to another sports team, I wouldn’t think that DCC would be a natural step to other dance jobs in NYC, LA, Vegas, etc. Not saying it hurts on a resume, just that it seems like someone who really wants to dance on Broadway would get to NYC and not take a 1-2 year detour to Dallas.

I think it makes sense that most DCCs would either go into non-dance jobs afterwards, get married, or work at local studios, and I think that would make sense even if there wasn’t a reality show. 

I mean, my goal was to be a Dance Director at HS level.  Dancing has a pretty short shelf life, so maybe some come to tryout and do the show hoping it will lead to other opportunities and then meet someone and change their mind.   If I just wanted to dance and have fun, not sure I would try out for a team with a show and deal with the extra scrutiny it brings.  I would agree if you want a job right away that actually pays you to dance, LA and NY are for sure better choices, but so competitive.  I used to watch that show Dance Life, yikes.  

8 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

I think 'DCC Making the Team' and maybe K+J are overlooking or at least are not aware of how invested fans are with the veterans, especially the last 3 years.

Oh, it's been longer than 3 years.  I went to Wikipedia and pulled up DCC MTT.  They show every year since they began airing, who made it, who retired and who was cut.  I was surprised at how many rookies get cut the very next year.  They don't distinguish who made it to TC and then got cut and who didn't make it past the auditions, which would be an interesting fact.  I remember rooting so hard for Morgan and Breeland, which was maybe season 2013-2014.  Morgan wasn't an experienced dancer and really looked a lot older than what she probably was, but she tried so hard.  Breelan wanted it so bad.  That's what the show does.  They suck us in.  There's so many rookies, especially in earlier seasons, that breezed through and you hardly even knew who they were.  At the time I just thought they didn't want to be on camera that much, but now I realize the show wants us to get behind one or a few girls and get invested in them, because then we will start rooting for them which means we will keep faithfully watching the show.  So yes, the organization and the tv show know how invested we fans are with girls we've followed ever since they were rookies. 

8 hours ago, WoofDCC said:

Fans would rather see Hannah and Brennan and Lilly than a weak rookie. 

I couldn't agree more.  There was no excuse for Meredith and K&J should have read the riot act to her after the first practice about how poorly she was performing after a year of being on the team.  I didn't think Lily was that bad, honestly.  And after she was talked to, I thought Brennan danced fine.  Hannah seemed very lackluster at practices but really killed it with her performance for Show Group, so I agree that someone like Alora Rose should not have been picked over either of these 3.  JMO.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, JapMo said:

Oh, it's been longer than 3 years.  I went to Wikipedia and pulled up DCC MTT.  They show every year since they began airing, who made it, who retired and who was cut.  I was surprised at how many rookies get cut the very next year.  They don't distinguish who made it to TC and then got cut and who didn't make it past the auditions, which would be an interesting fact.  I remember rooting so hard for Morgan and Breeland, which was maybe season 2013-2014.  Morgan wasn't an experienced dancer and really looked a lot older than what she probably was, but she tried so hard.  Breelan wanted it so bad.  That's what the show does.  They suck us in.  There's so many rookies, especially in earlier seasons, that breezed through and you hardly even knew who they were.  At the time I just thought they didn't want to be on camera that much, but now I realize the show wants us to get behind one or a few girls and get invested in them, because then we will start rooting for them which means we will keep faithfully watching the show.  So yes, the organization and the tv show know how invested we fans are with girls we've followed ever since they were rookies. 

I know it isn't a popular opinion but I really liked Morgan and Breelan.  I remember them more than many of the other girls, some who have been on the team longer.  

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, klh25 said:

I know it isn't a popular opinion but I really liked Morgan and Breelan.  I remember them more than many of the other girls, some who have been on the team longer.  

There's been a slow but gradual change in the simplicity or innocence or sweetness of the show that I remember in the earlier years that isn't really there anymore.  I like seeing more experienced dancers, but Kelli used to take girls with limited dancing experience back then if they had the look or she thought they had the raw talent to improve enough by the end of TC.  Remember the Drill Sargeant guy (can't remember his name)?  He used to put the girls through their paces and it was a big honor to get one of his physical fitness awards.   

• Love 4
16 hours ago, klh25 said:

How many have actually taken it to a full blown career?  

I think it depends upon the dancer. Like any other sport  - your body might say no, even if your heart says yes. Plus I can see one getting tired of the daily grind - eating perfectly, taking dance classes, exercising like there is no tomorrow, can't go to the gas station w/o perfect hair, Belk dress, stilettos,  full makeup and nails.. So while they enjoy/endure all of the BS that goes along with trying out and being a DCC, they know that this is the end of the dance story.

Some knew their dance career was  probably over after college. But they wanted to give  DCC  "shot" to see if they could keep going . Or maybe try out for their home (or nearby) cheerleader group  first, then try for DCC. That way they can go though life with no regrets - I could have, should have, maybe... 

After DCC -for some that might mean open a dance studio or another business,  grad school (there has been some that mentioned MD/Law school), get started on the career they went to school for, and/or yes they might marry. I also think the mass marring could be they are at the time in their lives many do marry and MR right (or MR right now) comes along.

One semi-recent example is  Lauren ( link )  from 3? years ago. She was already a RN when she made the team after cheering for the Dolphins. I don't think anyone thought she had plans to be a professional dancer after DCC.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I have been a manager of almost as many directs as they have on their squad for over a decade, but still far less time than Kelly has been at the helm, and how they handled themselves was completely unprofessional and I would be, at minimum, coached, if not written up, if I had handled a termination in that fashion.

This!  I've had to fire a few people in my career, and I still can't believe after all these years Kelli is so bad at it.  If she does her job properly, and she's already discussed the problems with the candidate two times - once to inform them of any problem(s) and the second time to tell them they are on very thin ice, or just once if they are pretty bad and then just say you get called in one more time and you're out, then it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they are being cut.  You don't call a person in 3-4 times like Meredith last season and not cut them.  You also don't call a person in to be cut and then hem and haw around and tell them they were your favorite choice at the very beginning of auditions.  Shame on Kelli for doing that.  You maintain eye contact, you don't shuffle your papers, you get to the point and deliver the bad news then close your mouth.  DO NOT take the easy way out and tell them they should try out again next year.  If they ask, then give an honest opinion, but do not offer it.  Then cut short the pleading and/or blubbering and stand up, indicating in no uncertain terms that the meeting is over.

If it were me, I'd change Training Camp around.  No one is cut for at least two weeks.  In those 2 weeks Kelli should be very scarce.  Come in at the beginning of class, say hi, then leave.  Let Judy have more responsibility to work with the girls at the beginning and give them a chance to get more comfortable and confident without freezing up because Kelli is there.  Judy is going to see right away if someone has the potential to make the team and be really honest with the girls whose kicks are not nearly good enough or who fall out of their turns, etc.  They might be able to avoid the drama down the road if Judy can kindly and gently get those girls to realize they don't have what it takes and drop out.   

Kelli should never call the girls into the office after a practice unless it's for performance related reasons.  That way no one should wonder why they are being called in.  Any other announcements should be made before practice or by texting.  And does the announcement have to be in front of everyone?  And does everyone have to hang around and wait to see what the verdict is?  I, for one, would not want everyone to know.  I'm aware it's a tradition to be supportive of your teammates, but IMO that tradition needs to be retired.  Text who you want to remain behind while practice is still going on.  And anybody else needs to get their butts in their cars and get off the premises.  Ain't none of their business who's staying late to meet with Kelli.

• Useful 4
  • Love 16
3 hours ago, klh25 said:

I'm talking about the options given to the DCC for trying out/not trying out, not talking about other dance opportunities. 

Yes because we should all be bubble experts, dealing with something that has never happened before.  Good grief.  

Maybe, but they didn't.  

If they’re going to take the huge risk of holding training camp in the midst of a pandemic, it’s their responsibility to make every effort to consult with available experts and public health officials about what safety measures they should be taking to consistently to protect the TCCs and the community they’ll go out into after training camp. 

But anyone watching even one episode this season can observe that their attempts at enforcing consistent mask wearing and social distancing were haphazard at best. 

• Love 16
16 minutes ago, JapMo said:

once to inform them of any problem(s) and the second time to tell them they are on very thin ice, or just once if they are pretty bad and then just say you get called in one more time and you're out, then it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they are being cut

Yes and offer constructive criticism. They have done that before but this season it was "you're not a wow dancer," or "you don't look like yourself" and most of time it was just a "you're not top 36 right now" warning. How does that do anything other than freak them out. Tell them the specific areas of concern. Show them on video if necessary. Provide corrections and feedback.

14 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

If they’re going to take the huge risk of holding training camp in the midst of a pandemic, it’s their responsibility to make every effort to consult with available experts and public health officials about what safety measures they should be taking to consistently to protect the TCCs and the community they’ll go out into after training camp.

I keep thinking about the tremendous amount of money and resources that went into to conducting this show. At the time Texas was undergoing the second surge and so much was still uncertain. Couldn't they have used that time, money and energy to really do something impactful and meaningful for the community? They partner with charities --how about turn the attention off themselves for a while.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

In DCC language they didn't have any real option - everyone knows you show or you go. Unless they had legitimate job conflicts like Taylor (who coincidentally also has an extra 'in') they would have been gone either way. 

If Brennan and/or Hannah had said "You know, I don't feel comfortable with this, I'd like to hit pause and come back next year", they might have a guaranteed spot in Finals (or its equivalent), but they would have been guaranteed cuts anyway.  Kelli would not have been happy that they dared take a pass and let everyone know that DCC is so important to them that they would risk their health to audition again (or whatever would go through her mind).

3 hours ago, JapMo said:

This!  I've had to fire a few people in my career, and I still can't believe after all these years Kelli is so bad at it.  If she does her job properly, and she's already discussed the problems with the candidate two times - once to inform them of any problem(s) and the second time to tell them they are on very thin ice, or just once if they are pretty bad and then just say you get called in one more time and you're out, then it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they are being cut.  You don't call a person in 3-4 times like Meredith last season and not cut them.  You also don't call a person in to be cut and then hem and haw around and tell them they were your favorite choice at the very beginning of auditions.  Shame on Kelli for doing that.  You maintain eye contact, you don't shuffle your papers, you get to the point and deliver the bad news then close your mouth.  DO NOT take the easy way out and tell them they should try out again next year.  If they ask, then give an honest opinion, but do not offer it.  Then cut short the pleading and/or blubbering and stand up, indicating in no uncertain terms that the meeting is over.

If it were me, I'd change Training Camp around.  No one is cut for at least two weeks.  In those 2 weeks Kelli should be very scarce.  Come in at the beginning of class, say hi, then leave.  Let Judy have more responsibility to work with the girls at the beginning and give them a chance to get more comfortable and confident without freezing up because Kelli is there.  Judy is going to see right away if someone has the potential to make the team and be really honest with the girls whose kicks are not nearly good enough or who fall out of their turns, etc.  They might be able to avoid the drama down the road if Judy can kindly and gently get those girls to realize they don't have what it takes and drop out.   

Kelli should never call the girls into the office after a practice unless it's for performance related reasons.  That way no one should wonder why they are being called in.  Any other announcements should be made before practice or by texting.  And does the announcement have to be in front of everyone?  And does everyone have to hang around and wait to see what the verdict is?  I, for one, would not want everyone to know.  I'm aware it's a tradition to be supportive of your teammates, but IMO that tradition needs to be retired.  Text who you want to remain behind while practice is still going on.  And anybody else needs to get their butts in their cars and get off the premises.  Ain't none of their business who's staying late to meet with Kelli.

So much this!  It should be all about what the problem is and how to fix it in the shortest period of time.  If it doesn't get fixed, the girl gets nixed.  That exit interview should be quick, concise and to the point.  I think it was Judy who said in one of the earlier seasons something along the lines of "I shouldn't have to tell them more then once that they're making mistakes and how to fix it.  If I have to tell them a second time, they weren't paying attention or they haven't fixed it so they should be cut."  I'm not sure if a two-strikes policy or a three-strikes policy is better because it could go either way.

As for meetings in the office, texting's a good way to let them know, but not every girl would check her phone before leaving.  I'd say texting as well as leaving notes in a discrete, but obvious, place in the lockers would be another way of doing it. That way, a girl has two notifications and if she STILL brushes Kelli off, she gets a call or text to not bother showing up at the next practice.

2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Yes and offer constructive criticism. They have done that before but this season it was "you're not a wow dancer," or "you don't look like yourself" and most of time it was just a "you're not top 36 right now" warning. How does that do anything other than freak them out. Tell them the specific areas of concern. Show them on video if necessary. Provide corrections and feedback.

I like the "showing video" portion, but have Judy explain it because Kelli is not good at telling girls what the issue is and how to fix it.  Each practice should already be filmed and, if a girl is having issues, then Judy can queue up the relevant portion of the video and explain down to the smallest details exactly what has to happen.   If the girl is STILL having issues after that or doesn't seem to understand it, then maybe she's not right for the squad.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, Jessinvirginia said:

I’ve had time to mull and grieve and rage. I bought the last episode so I could watch Brennan and Hannah be the queens they are, but that was the only episode I could stomach this season. I, like Brennan, have a lot I’d like to say, but refuse to give TPTB any more of my energy. So, nothing against the new rookies, I’m sure they’re something, but I just hate it. I hate the whole thing. The lack of character, support, or concern those women showed the last three vets (who were frankly some of the classiest women to ever grace the organization) broke my heart. Sisterhood my arse.

I wish the current squad (and most especially the cut vets) well, but I’m done. I can’t in good conscience support this team anymore. I’ll keep following the boards, because I love YOU all, but no. What I watched was cruel and calculated. It heartbreak for sport, during a pandemic where the trauma these women (and all of us) cannot fully be comprehended. Who does this? I just... felt sick. Still do. Those gorgeous women will pull through, I know. They are much too good for the Cowboys organization and I look forward to watching them blossom. I’ve been sending Hannah DMs because I worry— but she’s so resilient and such a fighter, I know her battle to de-stigmatize mental illness and journey to help others will literally save lives. What a warrior. Let’s continue to support them in the way they deserve and continue to lift each other up as well. 

Love you. Thank you for providing such a fun, safe place to share our thoughts, feelings, and love of dance and community. Stay safe. ❤️❤️❤️

ALL. OF. THIS! 👆
Thank You for putting this into words.  

Character Matters. 

DCC management sold their souls to CMT and cut these loyal performers for RATINGS DRAMA.

There is no way that these girls (one of which was on show group) would have been a dance or ambassador risk. 

• Love 15

The very term “pink and blue” makes me want to vom right now.

I’m too disappointed in this season of the show. It’s left me speechless, so I haven’t posted often. Mostly also because it’s been a mission keeping on top of the forums here... I’ve read every post (and snorted at the koolaid insiders who are suffering from Stockholm syndrome). But being in Australia, most of everything has been dissected to death already by the time I’ve caught up the next morning so I really don’t have anything constructive to add.

I feel mildly horrified that in this day and age, the events of the season could have unfolded the way they did, no matter which “side” you’re on or breaking down the minutiae of the interactions from whatever point of view. From a broad perspective, everything DCC seems astoundingly out of step with contemporary society. Of course, it always has been; but against the backdrop of the global disruption of 2020 it all seems even more bizarre.

BIZARRE.

Bye DCC, you have no place in modern society. I can’t witness the emotional and financial abuse (and all the other abuses) of these girls any more.

It’s DISGUSTING.

Those who keep insisting that the girls “done it to themselves” are behaving like sick enablers. 

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 16

So the entitled attitude of the tank top and tennis shoe wearing Brennan wasn’t a rumor after all. (Despite what the handful of peeps in this forum would say)  I’m glad she finally showed the world what others have been hearing.  SHE “embodies ALL of that”..!?  “Sad day for DCC” because the precious Brennan (and barely made it Lily) wasn’t going to be gracing the team with her “maturity”?!   I would’ve cut her tooI wasn’t shocked at Hannah’s bad attitude, although her reaction was creepy and cold...but Brennan’s words were self serving and demeaning to her teammates who love the team and the direction it’s going because it includes them and they worked hard to earn their spot.  If the dcc is so horrible, why were they even there?  Stay home and move on

Great post I was actually SHOCKED when Brennan got all on her high horse.  Uhm.... listen Missy you are so lucky you even made this team.  I was never Team Brennan I didn't think she was DCC material at all and I always felt like she was there just so we can have some "drama" w/all her tears and moaning to Kelly.     Then Lily another one who is lucky she even made it this far cops this attitude and all this talk about THE DIRECTION of the DCC (rolling eyes).   I can't even with Hannah she looked so out of it this season and her one good moment (her solo) she was so clueless too b/c that was what she was using as her "low moment".   She looked miserable and was out danced PERIOD!

Also so agreed w/other posters Maddie as point! (ugh yawn) what is the fascination with this girl?

From @EricaShadows:  “I like the "showing video" portion, but have Judy explain it because Kelli is not good at telling girls what the issue is and how to fix it.”
...i.e., Kelsey Lowrance described as “greasy bacon.”

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

From @EricaShadows:  “I like the "showing video" portion, but have Judy explain it because Kelli is not good at telling girls what the issue is and how to fix it.”
...i.e., Kelsey Lowrance described as “greasy bacon.”

One thing I have learned from being both a dance teacher and a dance student is that not everyone is good at giving constructive criticism. Some of the guest choreographers are much better at giving specific feedback about what they liked or disliked which gives the dancers the ability to improve. But so much of the feedback that Kelli and Judy give is not useful.

While I understand what it means to see someone dancing and think they look clunky or awkward, I would never give a student that feedback. I would say "you need to work on straightening your arms all the way from your shoulders through your elbows and wrists all the way to your finger tips to create stronger lines" because that tells them exactly what is making their arms look awkward and how to fix it. You can't give someone vague feedback and expect them to make changes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

The best office visit I can think of is in Brennan's final TC before becoming a rookie that year. K&J showed her a video of her finals solo and explained how confident she looks. Why can't they use CMT footage from that night to show them how they look? Sometimes you are unaware of how you move by just looking in a mirror. You need to watch yourself back and next to a vet to see what you're doing wrong. That's the only reason I like when MRS comes in and has a session with a few of the women who are struggling.

Was it Kristin who asked for an explanation when she was cut from TC and they were all, 'wow can't be taught'. It's very rare now that they even say practice with a vet to improve your technique!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Chewy bacon. I guess I speak Kelli-ese, I knew what she meant 😂

I think it was "If you were bacon, you'd be floppy"... prompting Kelsey to think about how she likes to eat her bacon. Verdict? Crispy.

49 minutes ago, Emma C said:

I think it was "If you were bacon, you'd be floppy"... prompting Kelsey to think about how she likes to eat her bacon. Verdict? Crispy.

It was definitely chewy:

11.7)

I got called chewy bacon. [Laughs] It made me really hungry when she said that. So greasy, chewy bacon is not good. Crispy bacon is. I kind of like mine in between, but I need to be crisp bacon out there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I have never disagreed with cuts more than I have tonight. 

Let's call a spade a spade--Kelli likes the shiny new things. She'd rather have a cute but struggling rookie than an established vet. Alora-Rose wasn't better than Brennan or Hannah and she'll probably get cut next year. In fact, if Meredith had been dancing at Brennan or Hannah's level, Kelli would have never even called her into the office. 

If they had just cut Lily (though I think she deserved to be on the team last year) I would have understood because she is stiff at times. However, when they cut Brennan and Hannah, my mouth dropped. Kelli & Judy deserved to be cursed out, so I thought the vets gave them better responses than they deserved.

This is embarrassing.

• Love 23
On 1/14/2021 at 6:51 AM, WoofDCC said:

What I got from Lilly, Hannah and Brennan was that there is a team sentiment about K+J that is never shown on screen. Judy even mentioned that the team were texting each other. Lilly mentioned that the Vets told her not  to go out without a fight.

We WANT TO SEE THIS conflict between the team and K+J. It's so interesting.

#JusticeForHannah

I am DYING at how pissseed the Vets looked sitting on the field when Charlotte was talking. Like they were OVER it. And I know K+J felt it. They were pissed at losing their vet team mates, hence Kelli's speech about Tina and then "renergising" them by giving them their old uniform 🤔 please.

Insightful comment. That's why Kelli broke out with the crocodile tears. She knows she's on the team's s* list and didn't want to appear like the monster they all think they are. I think we forget that these girls are trained dancers, they know who's struggling and who have what it takes. They saw Alora-Rose and Jessica in training camp and they know there is no way in Hades she should have taken Hannah's or Brennan's spot. 

• Love 14
On 1/14/2021 at 4:30 PM, klh25 said:

They seemed genuine to me.  I don't understand why anyone thinks ruining dreams would bring her joy.  

It's probably best not to assume that she sees herself as "Kelli, the ruiner of dreams".

We're all the hero of our own movie. She thinks she did the right thing but know others think she's full of it, that's why the crocodile tears. To garner empathy and sympathy and to say poor me...I had a tough decision to make. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, YorkieMom15 said:

Newbie here! Just a quick question. Does anyone know why Judy always sits on a stool while Kelli is in a chair? I thought maybe that was just how it was in Kelli's office, but this season she did it too. Just seems weird!

In the beginning it was for framing the office visit shots. Then the stool sort of became like a "thing" - I believe it even  had its own twitter account at one point. So they just keep doing it to be cute.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, JapMo said:

I think about this every time, that I wouldn't want people knowing or hanging around! I guess the thing is that they might not get to see their teammates again, but they can choose who they want to talk to and hang out with afterward if they are truly friends. The others are just nosey. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, abracadabra said:

I think about this every time, that I wouldn't want people knowing or hanging around! I guess the thing is that they might not get to see their teammates again, but they can choose who they want to talk to and hang out with afterward if they are truly friends. The others are just nosey. 

I don't think it's necessarily that they're nosy but that at this point, after the show has been shooting for this long, it is expected that the girls will stay behind if someone from their group gets called into the office or risk being called unsupportive.

• Love 3
On 1/15/2021 at 6:40 AM, klh25 said:

I don't believe K&J are evil.  Their boss is Charlotte, a lot of what they do is possibly directed to them by her.  I don't know about you but I do what my bosses tell me to because I want to keep my job.  

It was probably directed to them to make the team more diverse, that means some of your faves were cut possibly due to that.  Hence Brianna making it over Hannah.  Both were making mistakes and lacking energy. 

I definitely don't think Brianna had anything to do with Hannah's cut. Besides the fact that Brianna had to dance with a torn labrum, she was only discussed and in jeopardy in one episode, while Hannah was discussed in multiple. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, writeme93 said:

I definitely don't think Brianna had anything to do with Hannah's cut. Besides the fact that Brianna had to dance with a torn labrum, she was only discussed and in jeopardy in one episode, while Hannah was discussed in multiple. 

Yeah but we don't know how much they actually talked about/to Brianna. They don't show every office visit on the show. I like Brianna, but many people noticed that she seemed tired and slow and what not during games this year. 

• Love 2
On 1/15/2021 at 2:19 PM, klh25 said:

And they both got cut at the audition stage....they didn't even make it to TC the next year.  I remember how dumbfounded Morgan looked.  It was like she just wanted someone to tell her why.

I can only speak for myself on this.  I'm an adult....I understand this is a TV show and the whole purpose is to entertain.  And by trying to accomplish that, the show sometimes manipulates things.  Like focusing on certain girls through the entire Training Camp and featuring them in a way that the audience is compelled to root for them.  And I'm thrilled when they make the team against all odds.  It's silly but I can't help but think my support somehow helped them.  Then fast forward to the beginning of the new season, and now all of a sudden the Morgans and Breelans and Lilys and Merediths can't seem to do anything right in K&J's eyes.  Though I am no expert, it still seems like they blow up even the most minor thing.  Yet they don't seem to have a problem with other girls who are making the same mistakes...sometimes a lot worse.

And then they get cut.....fairly quickly, and the excuse is usually they came to TC in lousy shape (yes, Breelan was not in as good a shape as she should have been) or the rookie candidates are sooooooooooooo much better this year.   But I always ask myself....how good were they for their rookie year?  Were they great...really just needed confidence and performed excellently after they made the team...or did they struggle all season and made one mistake after another out on the field during games?  Because if it's the latter, why the hell didn't you say so in January at the end of the season and strongly discourage them from trying out again?  Tell them to retire gracefully.  Because what it looks like to me, when I've invested a whole season rooting for Lily and I keep seeing her picture below the top 36 the entire time, is that you used her for ratings and then threw her out like last week's trash.  Like hey audience, thanks for sticking with this cheerleader all year, but now we want someone new so we're kicking her to the curb.   

• Love 22
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yeah but we don't know how much they actually talked about/to Brianna. They don't show every office visit on the show. I like Brianna, but many people noticed that she seemed tired and slow and what not during games this year. 

We don't really have anything else to go on other than what was seen or if someone has insider info. I don't know how she has been doing in games, but I think Hannah was cut due to other things and not dancing. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Thus, it was most likely NOT performance OR technique related, no matter what Kelli says.

You mean it wasn't pom technique?  I've gotta say, I've never heard Kelli ever use that excuse before.

• LOL 2

The whole audition process and being cut confuses me. Full disclosure  - I'm not American and know nothing about American employment law, but what role does Human Resources play? I know this year has been different and the dance sections are different as it is more subjective. However, I've never participated in panel interviews (either as the interviewer or interviewee) where there has been no HR presence. This is to ensure that the same questions or same standard of questions are asked to everyone. This ensures a fairness for all. I know we probably don't see the whole panel interview but unless HR are there in the corner somewhere they are definitely missing. This would have stopped the question about Kat's dress from a few years ago.

Also, there should be HR presence at the cuts ensuring each girl has been given the same amount of opportunities to improve - either written notes or face to face. I also think as director Kelli isn't really the one who should be doing the cutting. It should be someone from the team who sees the girls every night. Ive never worked anywhere where a director would get involved in firing someone. Of course they would be notified but directors tend to be figureheads rather than doers.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7