Type keyword(s) to search

S15 E08: We Have a Team

ByTor
  • Start Topic

Let's be honest. Kelli is not going to tell the borderline vets to hang up the boots - unless she likes them in her special "favorite/perk" way. Cutting vets = drama = ratings. Always has and always will. Kelli is brand manger. She is in marketing. Her priority is the show - first and foremost. She might not encourage them to come back - but she certainly doesn't discourage them.

Second. You have to imagine what the chatter must have been like in between the dance off and the zoom cuts. Those girls were all together talking about how unbelievable this entire situation was. Lily was obviously ranked almost last the entire training camp - yet she didn't know sooner. They should have told her - prior to even arriving that she wasn't going to measure up. Because K/J already knew it and to think otherwise is silly. Same with Meredith to be honest. They were used for easy cut ratings.

Brennan and Hannah - privy to years of exceptions made for this girl or that - this favorite or that -- and now no consideration made given the incredibly unique, challenging time in this crazy ONE week training camp? They were at LEAST solid dancers and ambassadors for two years -  even if they seemed off that ONE week (which may or may not have been true).  The rookies had not even danced in boots yet but they get the benefit of the doubt?

Those girls -- all of them -- saw the behind the scenes -- . They were set up. And they were all texting each other and talking the entire time. By the time it got to Hannah -- well her demeanor spoke for how all the vets were feeling I imagine.

• Love 19

I think Kelli was ticked that Brennan chose not to take the hint "get well & come back"...by the time TC was held they knew they wouldn't be on the field, so Brennan could have regained her strength...Kelli didn't want to deal with Brennan's recovery...

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

I think Kelli was ticked that Brennan chose not to take the hint "get well & come back"...by the time TC was held they knew they wouldn't be on the field, so Brennan could have regained her strength...Kelli didn't want to deal with Brennan's recovery...

Brennan was going to get cut regardless.  If she came back and was a little "off" due to COVID, there's an excuse to cut her.  If she "took the time off to get better", DCC wasn't her priority and the most important thing in her life, there's an excuse to cut her.  Despite Kelli telling girls to come even when sick or injured and just watch, anyone who falls into either category are usually the ones who get cut during camp.  The only ones who DON'T get cut due to injury or illness are Kelli favorites. 

We've seen numerous girls get cut due to injury/illness come back the next year and they don't make it back into Training Camp.  Even girls who take time off to have kids or the like, they don't seem to ever make it back into Training Camp/onto the squad when they return and a lot of it is Kelli's insistence that DCC must be the priority in these girls lives, above and beyond family, friends, health (both physical and mental among other things), jobs, school, etc.  If there is a DCC event and something else (wedding, graduation, funeral, etc.), Kelli seems to insist that the DCC event come first, no matter what.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 11
On 2/4/2021 at 3:15 PM, Lona said:

Yep. Basically a hit job. Disgusting, disappointing and disturbing all at once. 

Completely agree... done for increased drama ... of course,  we will never know what really happened because of the edits, which IMHO, were not very good the entire season... 

• Love 5
On 2/4/2021 at 3:45 PM, EricaShadows said:

Brennan was going to get cut regardless.  If she came back and was a little "off" due to COVID, there's an excuse to cut her.  If she "took the time off to get better", DCC wasn't her priority and the most important thing in her life, there's an excuse to cut her.  Despite Kelli telling girls to come even when sick or injured and just watch, anyone who falls into either category are usually the ones who get cut during camp.  The only ones who DON'T get cut due to injury or illness are Kelli favorites. 

I think with Covid though they would have used it as a triumphant comeback story next season. Like "I was barely able to walk, but now I'm back stronger then ever, I won't let covid keep me from my dreams anymore"