Type keyword(s) to search

Cobra Kai In The Media

• Start Topic

In Netflix’s ‘Cobra Kai,’ Seattle restaurateur Yuji Okumoto reprises a role — and a life — he thought he’d left behind

On trying to get a recent movie made:

“And we all collectively hooped and hollered,” Okumoto said. “But then their ask was kind of ridiculous. They said, ‘OK, we’ll give you $4 million to shoot this film. But we’re not crazy about the lead Asian characters and stuff like that. So, we’re wondering would you be open to having white actors play the leads?’ It was pretty much a gut punch. They said, ‘How about Bruce Willis?’ ”

Ralph, William and Martin will be presenters at the Critics Choice Super Awards tomorrow. Here's a preview:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CriticsChoice/status/1347326221764362241

– The Critics Choice Association (CCA) announced today the incredible line-up of talent that will join hosts Kevin Smith and Dani Fernandez at the inaugural Critics Choice Super Awards, helping them to honor the most popular, fan-obsessed genres across both television and movies, including Superhero/Comic Book, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Horror, Action and Animation.  Shohreh Aghdashloo, Aya Cash, Madelyn Cline, Mike Colter, Colman Domingo, Tom Ellis, Courtney Ford, Tiffany Haddish, Sam Heughan, Maddison Jaizani, Lennie James, Martin Kove, Javicia Leslie, Leah Lewis, Caity Lotz, Ralph Macchio, Kennedy McMann, Elizabeth Mitchell, Lindsey Morgan, Bob Morley, Genevieve Padalecki, Jared Padalecki, Brandon Routh, Chase Stokes, Eliza Taylor, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, and William Zabka, will all serve as presenters during the special ceremony, which will air on The CW Network on Sunday, January 10, 2021 (8:00-10:00pm ET/PT) and will stream the next day for free on The CW App and cwtv.com.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Ralph, William and Martin will be presenters at the Critics Choice Super Awards tomorrow. Here's a preview:

I like how they list all the guests alphabetically, that's why the Cobra Kai guys are all over that and not one after the other. Also, Bob Morley and Eliza Taylor are married but are also in different places, lol.

On 1/5/2021 at 9:58 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Quote from the article: “I think after all these years, after suffering that humiliating defeat in front of the whole village, I think Chozen’s sole purpose in life is to find redemption and get back his honor,” Okumoto said. “So I think he’s been probably plotting all these years to seek revenge.

“I don’t think he’s going to find his enlightenment any time soon.”

So ... this seems to be pretty much the opposite of what played out with Chozen, was Okumoto just misdirecting?

• Useful 1

Peyton List (Tory) and Vanessa Rubio ( Miguel's Mom) Have Been Upped to Series Regulars

https://deadline.com/2021/02/cobra-kai-vanessa-rubio-peyton-list-promoted-series-regulars-recurring-cast-1234701831/

Also, Dallas Dupree Young and Oona O' Brien Have Join the Cast as New Recurring Characters named Kenny and Devon

Young will recur as Kenny, a bullied new kid in school who turns to karate as a way to defend himself. O’Brien will play Devon, a potential new karate student who is relentlessly competitive, a quick study, and equally quick-tempered when she’s provoked.

Edited by PumpkinLumpkin
  • Useful 1

I really kind of wonder if the actress who played Aisha shot herself in the foot when she e-begged and complained about being written out of the show. Since it seems like the show is getting a bigger budget and expanded cast, you'd think they'd announce Aisha coming back. Maybe it'll be a surprise? I'm cynical enough to think that Aisha's e-begging and complaining turned off the Powers that Be at Cobra Kai. I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by methodwriter85
4 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I really kind of wonder if the actress who played Aisha shot herself in the foot when she e-begged and complained about being written out of the show. Since it seems like the show is getting a bigger budget and expanded cast, you'd think they'd announce Aisha coming back. Maybe it'll be a surprise? I'm cynical enough to think that Aisha's e-begging and complaining turned off the Powers that Be at Cobra Kai. I hope I'm wrong.

I hope that they bring her back also. She was the only character that was friends with kids from both dojos and it would be interesting to see where her loyalties would lie between her friendship with Tory vs Sam, Miguel and Hawk. I did see that the creators ( or producers? I don't know ) were questioned about writing her out and they said that they told her what they told the actor that played Kyler when they decided that they didn't need him in season 2. They said that they didn't need her for that season but it didn't mean that they had written her character out of the show. Since they brought Kyler back after they told him that I'm hoping that they bring her back too. 

• Love 2
On 8/27/2021 at 3:12 PM, Superclam said:

Of course I'm going to watch it, but I really think they'll be reaching for plots by the 5th season. After the obvious team-up to defeat Kreese, where are they going? 

Probably have Mike Barnes come back as a villian, maybe do something like Kreese has a Son, a daughter or Both and they are Villians etc. 

O FFS totally ridiculous but I enjoyed the trailer and have been waiting for Johnny & Daniel to work together so I will watch.

I know the new guy is someone in TKK universe but I don't remember him at all. 

2 hours ago, raven said:

I know the new guy is someone in TKK universe but I don't remember him at all. 

Terry Silver from KK3. John Kreese enlisted his help in that movie to get back at Mr. Miyagi and Daniel.

The part where Demetri’s being used as a dummy is pretty disturbing but I liked the rest of the trailer.

That looked pretty fun even though I have never seen KK3 and have very little interest in watching it. It will also be interesting to see how some super old dudes are a threat when Johnny and Daniel eventually fight them. 

Also any idea what the big tournament rule change might be?

2 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I'm wondering if it's to allow the sensei's to fight each other along with their students. Just as a way to get the Cobra Kai sensei's to fight Johnny and Daniel for "the soul of the valley".

Given the nature of Kreese and Silver, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see them convince the board to make a division for the senseis (really, it shouldn’t be possible because those are the same two people who got Cobra Kai banned in the 80’s).

On 12/9/2021 at 6:02 PM, Kel Varnsen said:

The obvious one would be allowing the "kids" to continue competing despite the fact that a few of them must be over 18 by now.

• LOL 3
6 hours ago, WildFlower87 said:

This doesn't surprise me. From what we've been reading and from actors talking on social media. Season 5 was pretty much planned out when Season 4 started filming. Considering what is going on with COVID, they probably got going as soon as there was clearance to get filming done. If the talk that Season 6 might be the last of the series, the show runners want to end it on their own terms and not with: "Well, we are all tired and out of ideas."

• Useful 2
On 12/24/2021 at 12:20 PM, Virtual said:

I can’t blame them for getting another season filmed right now. You never know what’s going to happen with the COVID situation in the future.

Plus with Ed Asner's passing, they probably wanted to deal with the aftermath of Sid's death too.

On 5/9/2022 at 4:53 PM, Virtual said:

Glad they’re dropping it in September to make up for 2020 when we didn’t get any season due to the show’s platform change from YouTube to Netflix.

Wasn't season 3 filmed before covid?

I'm not sure if they're going to make covid in universe. Would be boring seeing Johnny and Kreese doing classes over zoom. It would also seem tacky seeing everyone wear masks too. Shameless was one of the few shows that made COVID-19 in universe. 

On 12/24/2021 at 1:20 PM, Virtual said:

I can’t blame them for getting another season filmed right now. You never know what’s going to happen with the COVID situation in the future.

Regardless of how the pandemic ends, I don't think society will ever be the same again. Just like 9/11. 

• Love 1
On 5/12/2022 at 8:19 PM, Lugal said:

No spoilers or anything specific really, but Sean Kanan sure seems to be hinting at something.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW_JWyqpEec/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=d366f95c-b515-446f-a3eb-1f9e2cff5d13

It was announced officially today he will be in S5. Good for him he has wanted to be on the show for a few years now lol.  I remember him from the better days of General Hospital as well.

• Love 3