Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, RealReality said:

I think monique wanted to make "not for lazy moms" a curry style empire.  

But not only is stephan curry still playing, he is also a HUGE star.  If you saw the GSW fans up here lose their natural born minds over him.  Well, you'd know.  

And ayesha curry has that personality that appeals to her target audience of younger affluent moms and wives.  She is very....none controverisal...except when she is.  LOL 

I'm not sure why moniqie thought she would be the ayesha curry of the essential oil world but it sounds poorly thought out. 

People are already wary of essential oils because people have gone way too far in making therapeutic claims about them that are hard to prove (monique herself did this in her first season).  

After the essential oils her entire brand seemed to kind of go off the rails. 

Ayesha Curry has spent time and energy building and curating her wholesome, modest, relatable image.  And she probably did a shit ton of research before she decided what products she wanted to sell.  

He's a huge star on a team that wins, which is important. I'm a football fan and had never heard of Chris Samuels before this show, in large part because the Washington Football Team hasn't been good in decades. I'm sure that fans of that team knew who Samuels is but if you want to build a national brand off of your husband's fame, it helps if your team actually wins on occasion. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 8

Where. To. Start...

I almost want to go back and watch Monique's first season, because I have a theory with her.  She was much more likeable, she was married to a rich man who was willing to ride or die against his own mother for her.  She had beautiful children, nice houseS, and seemed fairly content, but also definitely a perfectionist.  I think watching yourself on tv is going to be especially hard for a perfectionist, and then, honestly?  I think she legit ruined her own life with this Not For Lazy Moms nonsense.  She has boxed herself in to where she now has to do EVERYTHING herself, she's dumped a bunch of money into this "brand" and any crack, like hiring some damn help, ruins the entire brand.  So she starts doing things like running herself ragged and then having too many drinks at lunch and cracking her car into trees.  I think she wanted to have something of Her Own, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing, but the only reason she would want to have Her Own Thing is because deep down she feels everything that is Ours is really His.  So she tried to make this stupid brand and she completely fucked herself and is now seething in a trap she set for herself. It sucks.  I hate when rich people can't rich right. Such a waste.  Hire help.  She's going to end up off this show and on an episode of Snapped at this rate.

But I do think she is seething.  Y'all are seeing robotic at the reunion, but I'm seeing barely contained rage. I think she is absolutely furious, and for a hot second, she got to release some of it on Candiace.  People who "can't control" their tempers usually display all sorts of situations where they show they indeed can control their tempers, when the consequences are great enough - such as with getting physical with Robyn.  I don't think she set out to attack Candiace, but I do find it very telling she still refuses to say she was wrong.  And listen, just for the sake of argument, even if Candiace straight up punched Monique first, that doesn't explain or excuse how Monique acted after.  That stalking was next level.  That she couldn't calm down for that long is really disturbing, and the fact that she didn't see anything wrong with it just makes it worse.  She basically was like, well, I thought I was fired so I might at well try to cause more physical harm to another human being.  She said it like that is just what you do.  Obvy.  I fully believe Monique thinks there are certain situations where it is absolutely ok to smack someone down.  I guess we all do to an extent, like you hurt my cat and I will destroy you, but I don't think there is anything you could say to make me get violent with you.  I'll concede maybe I just haven't thought of the situation yet.  But Candiace is running her mouth essentially saying Monique DID cheat on her husband (jury's out) and lie about losing her bird (definitely), but Monique is just sitting there, seething that she can't get up and shut Candiace's mouth.  But the consequences feel too great in this setting, so she's controlling her temper.

Candiace, dear lord, I do not like her and I honestly am at the point where I hope she gets fired so I can stop writing anything in support of her.  But I do think first of all, she's a crier over everything, but I do think her feelings are real.  Keep in mind, this is an extremely similar dynamic to the insanely fucked up relationship she has with her mother.  Don't forget, her mother just hit her in the face with her purse in public not that long ago, and 100% was still blaming Candiace for it later.  I'm sure a lot of what she is feeling with Monique is bundled in with that.  Plus, it's fucking embarrassing to have someone fuck you up like that and then for it to be on TV?  And then you have to talk about with the person who assaulted you who is still blaming you and I'm sure it was making feel Candiace feel crazy.  Candiace is no saint, not even close, but ugh.  I do feel for her here.  She's a complete asshole overall though, don't get me wrong.  It's psycho that someone was harassing's her and those around her, especially to that extend.  I wish she has used better words to express her anger, but I only fault her for the words she used, not the emotion she was trying to convey.  And I don't find her words more or less gross because the blogger died.  But I honestly question if Candiace is truly cut out for the reality show game.  I don't think she knows how to not let it get to her and let it get the best of her.  

And last but certainly not least is the absolutely disgusting glossing over of the fact that Michael is a serial molester.  What he is doing is sexual assault.  It is predatory and absolutely not ok.  I don't care at all if he fucks strippers (although honestly, I think Ashley was telling the sad truth - it sounded like this stripper knew exactly who he was and what she was doing and I do believe she didn't want to have to fuck Michael to get the footage she wanted), but assaulting innocent bystanders, regardless of genders, is not ok and he shouldn't be on the show.  But I think the reason they are doing this is Ashley is a A Game Reality Star.  She is just honest enough, just messy enough, just shit stirring enough, has just enough drama. I think she wants the post-nup so she can leave him AND have money, and I think that's exactly why he won't.  I think if she felt financially comfortable enough, she would leave him in an instant.  I don't like Ashley as a person per se, but I do think she is smarter than most of these idiots, and she tends to make for good tv.  But I think they should ax him, even if it means losing her. I'm honestly stunned they are just letting this go.  

• Love 19
1 hour ago, lasu said:

Where. To. Start...

I almost want to go back and watch Monique's first season, because I have a theory with her.  She was much more likeable, she was married to a rich man who was willing to ride or die against his own mother for her.  She had beautiful children, nice houseS, and seemed fairly content, but also definitely a perfectionist.  I think watching yourself on tv is going to be especially hard for a perfectionist, and then, honestly?  I think she legit ruined her own life with this Not For Lazy Moms nonsense.  She has boxed herself in to where she now has to do EVERYTHING herself, she's dumped a bunch of money into this "brand" and any crack, like hiring some damn help, ruins the entire brand.  So she starts doing things like running herself ragged and then having too many drinks at lunch and cracking her car into trees.  I think she wanted to have something of Her Own, which in and of itself isn't a bad thing, but the only reason she would want to have Her Own Thing is because deep down she feels everything that is Ours is really His.  So she tried to make this stupid brand and she completely fucked herself and is now seething in a trap she set for herself. It sucks.  I hate when rich people can't rich right. Such a waste.  Hire help.  She's going to end up off this show and on an episode of Snapped at this rate.

But I do think she is seething.  Y'all are seeing robotic at the reunion, but I'm seeing barely contained rage. I think she is absolutely furious, and for a hot second, she got to release some of it on Candiace.  People who "can't control" their tempers usually display all sorts of situations where they show they indeed can control their tempers, when the consequences are great enough - such as with getting physical with Robyn.  I don't think she set out to attack Candiace, but I do find it very telling she still refuses to say she was wrong.  And listen, just for the sake of argument, even if Candiace straight up punched Monique first, that doesn't explain or excuse how Monique acted after.  That stalking was next level.  That she couldn't calm down for that long is really disturbing, and the fact that she didn't see anything wrong with it just makes it worse.  She basically was like, well, I thought I was fired so I might at well try to cause more physical harm to another human being.  She said it like that is just what you do.  Obvy.  I fully believe Monique thinks there are certain situations where it is absolutely ok to smack someone down.  I guess we all do to an extent, like you hurt my cat and I will destroy you, but I don't think there is anything you could say to make me get violent with you.  I'll concede maybe I just haven't thought of the situation yet.  But Candiace is running her mouth essentially saying Monique DID cheat on her husband (jury's out) and lie about losing her bird (definitely), but Monique is just sitting there, seething that she can't get up and shut Candiace's mouth.  But the consequences feel too great in this setting, so she's controlling her temper.

Candiace, dear lord, I do not like her and I honestly am at the point where I hope she gets fired so I can stop writing anything in support of her.  But I do think first of all, she's a crier over everything, but I do think her feelings are real.  Keep in mind, this is an extremely similar dynamic to the insanely fucked up relationship she has with her mother.  Don't forget, her mother just hit her in the face with her purse in public not that long ago, and 100% was still blaming Candiace for it later.  I'm sure a lot of what she is feeling with Monique is bundled in with that.  Plus, it's fucking embarrassing to have someone fuck you up like that and then for it to be on TV?  And then you have to talk about with the person who assaulted you who is still blaming you and I'm sure it was making feel Candiace feel crazy.  Candiace is no saint, not even close, but ugh.  I do feel for her here.  She's a complete asshole overall though, don't get me wrong.  It's psycho that someone was harassing's her and those around her, especially to that extend.  I wish she has used better words to express her anger, but I only fault her for the words she used, not the emotion she was trying to convey.  And I don't find her words more or less gross because the blogger died.  But I honestly question if Candiace is truly cut out for the reality show game.  I don't think she knows how to not let it get to her and let it get the best of her.  

And last but certainly not least is the absolutely disgusting glossing over of the fact that Michael is a serial molester.  What he is doing is sexual assault.  It is predatory and absolutely not ok.  I don't care at all if he fucks strippers (although honestly, I think Ashley was telling the sad truth - it sounded like this stripper knew exactly who he was and what she was doing and I do believe she didn't want to have to fuck Michael to get the footage she wanted), but assaulting innocent bystanders, regardless of genders, is not ok and he shouldn't be on the show.  But I think the reason they are doing this is Ashley is a A Game Reality Star.  She is just honest enough, just messy enough, just shit stirring enough, has just enough drama. I think she wants the post-nup so she can leave him AND have money, and I think that's exactly why he won't.  I think if she felt financially comfortable enough, she would leave him in an instant.  I don't like Ashley as a person per se, but I do think she is smarter than most of these idiots, and she tends to make for good tv.  But I think they should ax him, even if it means losing her. I'm honestly stunned they are just letting this go.  

Just everything about this spot on

• Love 4

I guess I will be the dissenting voice and say that Candice is not innocent in all this.  She has a lot of mouth and has said some vile things to the other ladies on the internet.  She called Ashley a bed wench and we all know what that means when you call a Black woman that name when she has a White partner.  The irony is that Candice has a White husband if I am not mistaken.  She talked a lot of shit and Monique gave it right back to her in spades.  I don't understand why people are calling Monique a sociopath because she was not emotional over fighting Candice.  Why should she say that she is sorry if she does not feel that way  just to make everybody comfortable. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

I guess I will be the dissenting voice and say that Candice is not innocent in all this.  She has a lot of mouth and has said some vile things to the other ladies on the internet.  She called Ashley a bed wench and we all know what that means when you call a Black woman that name when she has a White partner.  The irony is that Candice has a White husband if I am not mistaken.  She talked a lot of shit and Monique gave it right back to her in spades.  I don't understand why people are calling Monique a sociopath because she was not emotional over fighting Candice.  Why should she say that she is sorry if she does not feel that way  just to make everybody comfortable. 

I don’t think you are a dissenting voice in that is that Candiace is not innocent- the things coming out of her nasty mouth and on Twitter are abhorrent.

There is a line, however, between fighting wordingsand fighting actions. Monique not only turned from words into violent actions, she didn’t stop- several producers had to pull her off of Candiace and yet a after she was restrained she still try to go after Candiace physically.

Monique’s behavior after that altercation, at least to me, were the incredibly disturbing- because she was still blaming Candiace for her own actions - “she provoked me, so I did this...”

Before this season, I personally had more of folded tissue Candiace and her behavior than I could tolerate and Due to my dislike of her, I was inclined to automatically believe Monique’s side of any story.

I am not the only one of these forums who really dislike siding with Candiace, but it is what it is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I don’t follow Candiace on social media but she sounds like a pig.  While I do think Monique should be a bit remorseful at this point for resorting to violence, Candiace should also take some responsibility. The way she carries on, you’d think Monique attacked her as she was innocently minding her own business not screaming for Monique to drag her. 
I don’t think Gizelle and Robyn give two shits about Candiace but they want Monique gone and now Gizelle will more than ever since Monique humiliated her at the reunion.

I hope Monique gets a season to do a redo. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, lasu said:

But I do think she is seething.  Y'all are seeing robotic at the reunion, but I'm seeing barely contained rage. I think she is absolutely furious, and for a hot second, she got to release some of it on Candiace. 

I think Monique is a very angry woman.  The binder.  Who does shit like that?  Someone who has REAL serious resentments, that's who. 

I would not have brought some dumbass binder to go up against Gizelle.  For one, I have more interesting things to do with my time than waste it on some fucking binder.  And two, I would have told Gizelle, "Gizelle, how in the world can you be with Jamal when you called him 'cheater, cheater pumpkin eater' in season one....AND there is a Gif of you saying it!  Either Jamal is a fool or you are, which is it?" 

Drops mike. 

• Love 7

Monique has wanted to get at Gizelle since season 2..when Gizelle was acting snobby.  That's just Gizelle..even Ashley tried telling Monique that.  I think Monique wants to punch out Gizelle and couldn't..so she first tried to get at Robyn (Robyn is laid back..but she'll cut you if you piss her off...heck Gizelle knew to apologize sincerely when Robyn was upset with her).... and then Candiace.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

But, she is innocent in all this if she didn't say anything at the winery to warrant a beating.  And she didn't.  No one, including monique, can point to what she said at the winery that justified the beating.  

Can't be "drag me", since robyn said "choke me" and monique took off like roadrunner.   

Was candace getting beaten by mo for something she said to Ashley on Twitter?  Is mo Ashley's enforcer, for something said months ago? 

And as I've heard it, and I suspect it's true, Ashley gives as good as she gets.  But, Ashley does an amazing job of convincing everyone that when anyone else does to her what.she has done to them that its somehow DIFFERENT.  

How many times has Ashley tried to make some distinction between everyone being in her marriage and her spending copious amounts of time harassing robyn about her marriage. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think Monique is a very angry woman.  The binder.  Who does shit like that?  Someone who has REAL serious resentments, that's who. 

I would not have brought some dumbass binder to go up against Gizelle.  For one, I have more interesting things to do with my time than waste it on some fucking binder.  And two, I would have told Gizelle, "Gizelle, how in the world can you be with Jamal when you called him 'cheater, cheater pumpkin eater' in season one....AND there is a Gif of you saying it!  Either Jamal is a fool or you are, which is it?" 

Drops mike. 

I just think its unfortunate to blame a woman for a man's behavior.  

No one is blaming Chris for monique going off.  We wouldn't blame him if monique had cheated on him.  Ashley gets blamed for constantly pretending like Michael isn't grabbing butts.  No one holds her responsible for his actual butt grabbing. 

Monique using jamals cheating as a mark against gizelle is ridiculous and takes agency away from him.  This "you can't keep a man" line of attack is so old fashioned.

There are so many things you can come at gizelle for that she has done.  Her makeup line failed.  Her house is tacky.  She couldn't read her own book.  That restaurant she agreed to is scammy and she pushed her kids into it.  

Why choose such an antiquated line of attack.  What a man does is not automatically a woman's fault. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I just think its unfortunate to blame a woman for a man's behavior.  

In my post, I'm not blaming Gizelle for Jamal's behavior, as Monique did.  I would just ask Gizelle why did she decide to take "cheater, cheater pumpkin eater back."

• Love 2

I thought it was interesting that the majority of the viewer questions were from people in the DMV area. I wonder they just ask the best questions, or do people outside of the DMV not follow the show as much as people from the DMV such as myself. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

In my post, I'm not blaming Gizelle for Jamal's behavior, as Monique did.  I would just ask Gizelle why did she decide to take "cheater, cheater pumpkin eater back."

Oh no, I totally understand the difference.  Taking Gizelle back IS an action Gizelle should be held responsible for.  I see the distinction between your statements and Monique's screed, which seemed to be more about blaming G for Jamal's actions under the guise of "well your man keeps slinging his D all over Atlanta and its your fault because you cannot keep him happy"

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Oh no, I totally understand the difference.  Taking Gizelle back IS an action Gizelle should be held responsible for.  I see the distinction between your statements and Monique's screed, which seemed to be more about blaming G for Jamal's actions under the guise of "well your man keeps slinging his D all over Atlanta and its your fault because you cannot keep him happy"

Correct.  If you look at Monique's logic, if a woman is abused/raped/whatever, it's all HER fault.  I wonder if she will teach that shit to her daughter.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Correct.  If you look at Monique's logic, if a woman is abused/raped/whatever, it's all HER fault.  I wonder if she will teach that shit to her daughter.

I don't think this is Monique's logic at all. What I think she is saying is that Gizelle is claiming there is some deep romance with a man who is acting in a completely opposite manner.

What Jamal is doing is not Gizelle's fault or responsibility.

How Gizelle is choosing to characterize her relationship with a serial cheater, non-monogamous pastor and the father of a whole basketball team of kids (from college to daycare) is entirely her fault and responsibility.

No one could come after her is her public stance was "Jamal and I are co-parenting and I use him as a booty call from time to time, but its not that serious."  But she's the one trying to position this as "we're serious and may be getting back together" which means you then have to answer questions about why his text messages to other women don't fit that narrative.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

No one could come after her is her public stance was "Jamal and I are co-parenting and I use him as a booty call from time to time, but its not that serious."  But she's the one trying to position this as "we're serious and may be getting back together" which means you then have to answer questions about why his text messages to other women don't fit that narrative.

True, that's what she should have said. 

I don't think anybody ever believed she was serious.

So why the binder?  It was like someone saying, "water is wet."

And I have ZERO respect for any woman who comments that Gizelle "can't keep a man."  Any woman who says shit like that is garbage in my book.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I don't think this is Monique's logic at all. What I think she is saying is that Gizelle is claiming there is some deep romance with a man who is acting in a completely opposite manner.

What Jamal is doing is not Gizelle's fault or responsibility.

How Gizelle is choosing to characterize her relationship with a serial cheater, non-monogamous pastor and the father of a whole basketball team of kids (from college to daycare) is entirely her fault and responsibility.

I would have been on board with all that had monique not made the comment that gizelle couldn't keep a man.  Because to me, the implication is that jamals slinging D is gizelles fault and if she just did better, men wouldn't cheat and would stay with her. 

Gizelle shouldn't be held accountable for jamals slinging dick,  BUT I think its totally fine to clown her for saying jamal has a reputation to uphold.  She shouldn't have gone out on a limb for a man she knows to be a toad. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

No one could come after her is her public stance was "Jamal and I are co-parenting and I use him as a booty call from time to time, but its not that serious."

Actually they would and they could because most women (IMO) place value on other women's ability to get/keep a man.

If Gizelle did just use Jamal for a booty call she would be laughed at for not being able to keep a man, accepting scraps, taking what she can get, she would be the holy whore, modeling bad behavior for her daughters etc.

Any relationship Gizelle has on this show, Monique & her goon squad are going to destroy it because it levels the playing field for Monique: you cannot look down on me when you can't even get a man.

7 hours ago, Neurochick said:

And I have ZERO respect for any woman who comments that Gizelle "can't keep a man."  Any woman who says shit like that is garbage in my book.

The following segment is just my opinion: MOST women have this mentality, that you have no value unless you have a man, can get a man or can keep a man...and how much that man is worth.  Entire industries, movies, tv shows, music, publishing is based around women getting/keeping/stealing a man or women not having any worth unless they have a man. The "epic" read from Phaedra on RHOA was about how Kenya couldn't get/keep a man so she would have to go down to the sperm bank and choose a donor knowing the only reason she was able to get his sperm is because he needed $10 for a pizza.

If you do have a man, your value is tied to how much he is worth. Monique is married to a rich man, therefore she has more worth & value than Candiace who is married to a broke man or Gizelle who has no man.

Monique, Ashley, Gizelle and Karen all have this mentality.  I'm not sure about Robyn & Wendy because both of them have been with their men since high school days.

Monique doesn't think Candiace has any value as a woman because Candiace's mother provides the things Monique has to lay on her back to get from Chris.

8 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

You hate Monique, but Monique throwing a stupid generic insult at Gizelle does not equate to your theory about her logic. Jamal is just a whore, and nobody can change that but him. 

Exposing Jamal/Gizelle's fake relationship was fine, but all that Pastor Holy Whore business wasn't because Monique has never met that man, spoken to him, interacted with him in any way so why is she running him down?  If Monique feels she needs to take it upon herself to tell the truth about cast member's husbands, she can start with Michael Darby and his predatory actions towards men on the cast/crew and his cheating on Ashley.  Monique's not going to put Michael's name in her mouth because Michael would snatch her 4 houses and Monique & Chris are accomplices in covering up Michael's predatory ways.

7 hours ago, RealReality said:

I would have been on board with all that had monique not made the comment that gizelle couldn't keep a man.  Because to me, the implication is that jamals slinging D is gizelles fault and if she just did better, men wouldn't cheat and would stay with her. 

Again, many people have this thought process ingrained in them that if the man is cheating on a woman, it's the woman's fault. I saw during the Jen/Brad/Angelina saga people blaming Jen, saying if she had done this or done that, Brad wouldn't have strayed.  Or that Angelina was much more sexy, much more of a woman than Jen was and that's why Brad left Jen.  Although Jen benefited for years from the "Poor Jen" stories, that "Team Angelina" sentiment didn't come out of nowhere.  And the gag is Brad wasn't worth either of their times.

On 12/24/2020 at 4:45 PM, RealReality said:

Monique using jamals cheating as a mark against gizelle is ridiculous and takes agency away from him.  This "you can't keep a man" line of attack is so old fashioned.

When I was in high school, there were girls who were dating older guys and older guys who had cars & money (small time drug dealers).  These dudes would buy them gold chains, the latest fashions etc.  One girl got a car.  And these girls would always look down on us who didn't have boyfriends and they would say things like "you don't have a man, you can't get a man, you can't even get a boy."

And we'd be like 1) these boys in our school aren't worth a damn and 2) there's more to life than chasing after some boy.  Sure, we all wanted to get "chose" but for these girls, getting "chose" was everything.  It wasn't to us.

What I would like to see is Gizelle not worry about a man next season (or ever).  The only reason Monique's "you don't have a man, you can't get a man" stings Gizelle to the point where she's faking relationships with Jamal is because deep down Gizelle agrees with Monique, that she can't get a man and she can't keep a man.  I want Gizelle to fulfill herself and choose herself so the next time Monique or Karen try to blast her with "That's why you ain't got no man!" Gizelle can say "You're right, I don't have a man and that's ok, cuz I've got me and I'm happy with me."

The minute Gizelle decides she doesn't need to have a man to have self worth is the minute a nice man will come along for her, if that's what she truly wants.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 7

So I agree that Monique is crazy and didn't handle the reunion well.   There were so many ways for her come into this to seem contrite and play a better media game.  She really missed the mark.   She needs to take responsibility, apologize and make it right.  To that extent, Candiace needs to do the same thing to the other ladies for all her negative bullshit on social media.   She can't and Monique can't.  Monique gave Candiace her best storyline, the ability to get in the good graces of the cast members (enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that), and gave her relevance on the show this season.  

I loved that Monique took the time to put together the "thirst book" though.  I am so curious what other nuggets are in there.  It was maybe indication that she's over the top and little nutty, but she came ready for whatever they were going to throw at her.

And, g-d, Ashley, I hope the money and lifestyle is worth being with that troll of a husband and having to spin and defend all his terrible actions.  It was smart of her to use the language she used to give herself coverage for the next time he steps out.  She very clearly said "If Michael Darby cheats on me, I'll be out."  So when he steps out on her again, she'll just say it wasn't cheating because they didn't actually have sex or they both found the woman attractive or whatever excuse fits one of the stories she's told this year.  

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Kerrey92 said:

So I agree that Monique is crazy and didn't handle the reunion well.   There were so many ways for her come into this to seem contrite and play a better media game.  She really missed the mark.   She needs to take responsibility, apologize and make it right.  To that extent, Candiace needs to do the same thing to the other ladies for all her negative bullshit on social media.   She can't and Monique can't.  Monique gave Candiace her best storyline, the ability to get in the good graces of the cast members (enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that), and gave her relevance on the show this season.  

I loved that Monique took the time to put together the "thirst book" though.  I am so curious what other nuggets are in there.  It was maybe indication that she's over the top and little nutty, but she came ready for whatever they were going to throw at her.

And, g-d, Ashley, I hope the money and lifestyle is worth being with that troll of a husband and having to spin and defend all his terrible actions.  It was smart of her to use the language she used to give herself coverage for the next time he steps out.  She very clearly said "If Michael Darby cheats on me, I'll be out."  So when he steps out on her again, she'll just say it wasn't cheating because they didn't actually have sex or they both found the woman attractive or whatever excuse fits one of the stories she's told this year.  

Monique is really out of her element trying to play this reality game. It's like watching a bad actress. She kept trying to engage Candiace in arguments that seemed contrived and Candiace behaved herself admirably in response.

As far as the fight, after all this time, Monique should have apologized for participating in such shenanigans. She looks silly trying to come up with excuses after excuses. I don't believe she's a sociopath, but she's taken this storyline as her lifeline and can't figure out how to let it go gracefully.

I see Candiace's extended crying sessions as auditions for future acting roles. I don't believe that someone with a mouth that slick is so fragile. Candiace displayed excellent defensive techniques in that brawl. 

And although Andy and Gizelle, were quick to point out that nothing aired about the scandal except for Gizelle's TH, that doesn't mean the rumor material wasn't filmed. So you have all this drama going on, Monique is iced out of filming while other principals of the scandal are filming and nobody knows what will air a year later. Maybe Monique looks so crazy because she's fighting phantoms.

• Love 2

I had the same thought about the rumor being filmed but not aired but everyone seemed pretty passionate about having not done it and I think that if bravo wanted to give monique "a reason" they would have aired candace  talking about the rumor.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Kerrey92 said:

So I agree that Monique is crazy and didn't handle the reunion well.   There were so many ways for her come into this to seem contrite and play a better media game.  She really missed the mark.   She needs to take responsibility, apologize and make it right. 

Monique is really out of her element trying to play this reality game. It's like watching a bad actress. She kept trying to engage Candiace in arguments that seemed contrived and Candiace behaved herself admirably in response.

Monique is spending her holidays posting about Candiace Post It on Instagram (as she promotes her song about beating Candiace's ass).  So she's all in on the crazy.

5 hours ago, Kerrey92 said:

To that extent, Candiace needs to do the same thing to the other ladies for all her negative bullshit on social media. 

The only cast member she's been negative towards is Ashley, who was going back and forth with Candiace, and Candiace has apologized to Ashley several times about that.  Andy's only mad at Candiace's Twitter because she tweeted homophobic things*. Otherwise he wouldn't care what she tweeted.

4 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

And although Andy and Gizelle, were quick to point out that nothing aired about the scandal except for Gizelle's TH, that doesn't mean the rumor material wasn't filmed.

I don't think any further rumor material was filmed because Monique had already run down to production to get them not to film any rumor material.  Monique could've threatened legal action or she could've paid off some of the producers. Gigi claimed in one of her Lives that Monique had in the past given a $1000 here to a producer, some designer goods there to a producer.

We know this is Monique's MO to pay people or give them things in exchange for favorable coverage; she literally gave one YouTuber the shirt off her back (the Gordon Gartrelle shirt she wore to Karen's house) in exchange for favorable coverage so it wouldn't be far fetched to think she paid off a couple of producers to not film any mention of the rumors.

If this is the case, Monique knows full well there weren't any confessionals from the cast claiming the baby wasn't Chris', but she hyped her husband up to think otherwise.

All of this is to cover her tracks and the fact is she would be facing no rumors if she weren't behaving inappropriately with her trainer and she wouldn't have dentist bills if she hadn't put her hands on Candiace.

Monique also wants you to believe the cast was questioning baby Chase's paternity when she knows they were questioning the baby she lost's paternity.

*The homophobic tweets is probably why most of the male YouTube bloggers are firmly against Candiace and are happy Monique beat Candiace up and Monique reaches out to them and encourages the attacks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

@ drivethroo - thats interesting, I didn't know that the paternity questions weren't about Chase (who is chris's doppleganger in baby form, and so obviously is his) but about another pregnancy. 

ETA: I don't really do social media, like how old are these tweets and how bad are they?  That reasoning makes more sense, because the vloggers I'm thinking of are gay.  Sounds like it coud be a Candace Banks situation, after Azelia Banks, who I think is super talented and extremely intelligent, but always manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with her horrible social media messaging.  Much like Candace I think Azelia Banks has a good point, but tends to go scorched earth on social media and so people just end up hating her. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 1

@ drivethroo - thats interesting, I didn't know that the paternity questions weren't about Chase (who is chris's doppleganger in baby form, and so obviously is his) but about another pregnancy. 

Remember, she lost the baby right before this one was born. Somebody probably joked if that kid was the trainer's baby. From what I understand they were talking about how Gigi was plotting to contact the cast and get the trainer rumors on the show.  Karen ran back and told Monique Gizelle was plotting to bring up the rumors and question the baby's paternity when probably what happened was they were all sitting around gossiping, ended the discussion and kept it moving.

The cast doesn't need to plot to get a rumor on the air when they could just say it on the air.

ETA: I don't really do social media, like how old are these tweets and how bad are they? 

The tweets in question are from 10 years ago.  When they were dug up, Candiace went on an apology tour with several of the bloggers who are now bashing her.

All of them contact the blogs for impression management but Monique is the only one I've seen who has gone to this extreme.

That reasoning makes more sense, because the vloggers I'm thinking of are gay.  Sounds like it coud be a Candace Banks situation, after Azelia Banks, who I think is super talented and extremely intelligent, but always manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with her horrible social media messaging.  Much like Candace I think Azelia Banks has a good point, but tends to go scorched earth on social media and so people just end up hating her. 

Yes, a lot of the bloggers are gay and that probably has something to do with a lot of the dislike and harassment Candiace gets.

What Gigi has claimed Monique will do is Monique will find a blogger that's talking about the show (especially one that's talking bad about her) and she will DM the blogger or drop down in the comments.  Many of the bloggers are so excited a TV star has noticed their video they will respond and she will give them some money or a gift and magically their coverage of her will change.  Gigi claims Monique has done this with the producers of the show too, give them some cash or a gift.  Which would explain Candiace saying Monique ran down to the producers to make sure the trainer/baby rumors were not brought up on the show.

This is Monique's MO.  Remember, Robyn accused Monique of having a Monique social media fan account come after Robyn in Season 3 and Monique denied it, only to find out later it was run by Monique's brother.

Candiace should actually turn her social media over to someone else and have that person only post promotional IG posts or tweets because people are coming for her on purpose to be nasty so they can get clout and clicks for pretending outrage at her clapbacks.

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

I really have doubts Monique paying off producers with that pittance would stop filming. She may try, but Bravo is going to do what's in their best interests. Maybe they couldn't make a good enough storyline out of the footage they had, especially with folks not filming with Monique and Monique not engaging Charisse directly.

• Love 2

The reason why they couldn't make a storyline out of Gigi is because the cast wouldn't film with Gigi (they may this season, though!).  I don't know if it was Ashley or Candiace who stated none of them wanted to film with Gigi even though she was trying her hardest to get on the show through them.  That's why she ended up having to go to Charrisse, who was not on the show but still close to several cast members.

But then Ashley went on IG Live and said Charrisse was NOT responsible for starting/spreading rumors and it was all Gigi. 

I do think something happened where the producers shut down the rumor storyline because it was never brought up again past the first few episodes. 

Never be surprised at how little a person can be bought.  Monique gifted one blogger the $50 shirt and got instant positive coverage from them.

In other news, allegedly Monique & Chris have served Jamal a cease & desist, which is funny to me because they had Jamal's name in their mouth first.  He needs to serve them a cease & desist back.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Mo has a mess with the best, die like the rest mentality. It's not enough to just beat a bitch down, she wants to completely destroy her nemesis' life. Candy ass constantly drowning in a puddle of her own tears brings delight to Mo and makes her feel powerful. Empathy, sympathy, remorse...no way...Mo is proud of everything she did and said, revels in the fact that she can dissolve candy ass to quivering mush in 5 seconds or less, and sees being feared as winning (I've got a binder of dirt on everyone so who wants to cross me and suffer the ruthless wrath of the ultimate player?). I think she may have confused "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" with "do unto others 10 times worse than they do to you". 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Never be surprised at how little a person can be bought.  Monique gifted one blogger the $50 shirt and got instant positive coverage from them.

Random bloggers, yes. Bravo producers, I doubt. Where did the bribing theory come from anyway? It's so casually mentioned one would think she posted requests in the coffee room of Bravo. Or did some see Monique hanging off the ankle of a retreating producer? That would be kind of awesome.

• Love 1