Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

I'm so sick of hearing about this damn fight. I may not watch next week but I'll be interested to see what'll happen when letters go out. I can't imagine a scenario where Monique is asked back but it's far from a sure thing because despite Andy's statement, I think Bravo quite enjoys violence. And sexual assault, too, given Michael's continued presence on the show. 

I think Bravo sees violence as $ - and the network is escalating by hiring more and more unstable cast members (like the new husband on the Atlanta show). Sick shit.

• Love 8

Once again Michael and Ashley slither away practically unscathed after video evidence surfaces. I am absolutely disgusted but not surprised.

Andy is full of shit. Bravo not only condones violence it also condones sexual assault of its crew members. 

I think Mo's lack of remorse gave him pause but given the public reaction to the binder, I don't see Bravo not inviting that loon back in some capacity.

I think the bigger problem than Mo's lack of remorse is her reasoning for it - she isn't sorry because she was defending herself against an alleged aggressor. Every act she perceives as a provocation or an attack, whether it be someone talking with her hands or reading her in a way she doesn't like, is ample justification and reason for her to press start and commencing whaling on a HW's ass and call it self defense. The HW show are all about putting HW in high pressure conflicts and having them go at it, especially during events, cast trips and not to mention finales.  THAT IS THE JOB!  Fistnique would turn Sunday nights on Bravo into Wrestlemania and I guess the reunions could become brawls for it all or better yet steel cage death matches with that reasoning!

Edited by islandgal140
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, islandgal140 said:

I think the bigger problem than Mo's lack of remorse is her reasoning for it - she isn't sorry because she was defending herself against an alleged aggressor. Every act she perceives as a provocation or an attack, whether it be someone talking with her hands or reading her in a way she doesn't like, is ample justification and reason for her to press start and commencing whaling on a HW's ass and call it self defense. The HW show are all about putting HW in high pressure conflicts and having them go out, especially during events, cast trips and not to mention finales.  THAT IS THE JOB!  Fistnique would turn Sunday nights on Bravo into Wrestlemania and I guess the reunions could become brawls for it all or better yet steel cage death matches with that reasoning!

Yes, we got enough more and different justifications last night. But IMO, the truly scary thing about her is her total lack of empathy towards Candiace's very real pain. Listen, Candiace can be awful but IMO she's not that good of an actress - this fight HAS caused her trauma and she's still feeling it. And yet. in the face of real pain, Monique's reaction is to talk about herself, to not offer any kind of apology, and to victim-blame about how Candiace "made" her react that way. I would refuse to film with someone like that because I would not be able to trust her and I would constantly be afraid that person would somehow turn on me. 

On another note, Ashley's in complete denial about Michael's sexuality. I'm not sure why it is so threatening to her that MIchael is obviously bisexual, but it clearly is. And I do believe he enjoys assaulting other men - all of it is gross. Andy's reaction of "well, here we are again, talking about your marriage" was an interesting way to frame it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

It is because of Ashley constantly defending and denying Michael's actions, that I don't root for her, ANDY!

She knows EXACTLY what her husband does and participates in the cover up, but pretends otherwise.  

I'm feeling mighty confused this morning about the fight video clips.  Per the Goonique squad on Twitter, the clips PROVED Monique is telling the truth.  But last night. I thought the clips didn't back up Monique's version.  Even monique said she thought Candace was the one who pushed her and didn't realize it was Gizelle until seeing the video in that moment. Except she also said she knew the videos because she watched them.

?????

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, dosodog said:

It is because of Ashley constantly defending and denying Michael's actions, that I don't root for her, ANDY!

She knows EXACTLY what her husband does and participates in the cover up, but pretends otherwise.  

I'm feeling mighty confused this morning about the fight video clips.  Per the Goonique squad on Twitter, the clips PROVED Monique is telling the truth.  But last night. I thought the clips didn't back up Monique's version.  Even monique said she thought Candace was the one who pushed her and didn't realize it was Gizelle until seeing the video in that moment. Except she also said she knew the videos because she watched them.

?????

She really did on Camera say I thought it was Candace that pushed me... last night ..Her I paid laser like focus to every inch of that video Girl you keep getting caught in lies .. LOL

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

and.....?

This wouldn't change anything for me.  He harassed her, and they said shitty things to each other.  He died.  She didn't kill him.  I fail to see why she should feel responsible in any way.  I don't know why she should feel anything period.  

YMMV, but I wholeheartedly disagree. That is cruel, vile and immature, and should be called out.

With all this talk about accountability, remorse and class, there is nothing benign about verbal abuse. Candiace is verbally and emotionally abusive to many – her husband, castmates, strangers, etc. – yet oscillating from verbal attacks to tears within minutes.

Explaining it away because of antipathy for someone turns a blind-eye to said abuse and perpetuates a cycle of abuse likely created by her mother.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Monique didn't react to Candiace's folded-tissue-tear-dabbing dramatics because a reaction is exactly what they (Andy included) want. It's not worth a reaction - good for her for not falling for the moment. 

It’s bad to say I am sorry? Especially when she saw that it WASNT Candance that pushed her shoulder back like she thought it was? That’s what an Adult with children would do show your kids that it’s ok to apologize when you are shown your wrong .. not act like you did Nothing wrong 

7 minutes ago, StillHere said:

YMMV, but I wholeheartedly disagree. That is cruel, vile and immature, and should be called out.

With all this talk about accountability, remorse and class, there is nothing benign about verbal abuse. Candiace is verbally and emotionally abusive to many – her husband, castmates, strangers, etc. – yet oscillating from verbal attacks to tears within minutes.

Explaining it away because of antipathy for someone turns a blind-eye to said abuse and perpetuates a cycle of abuse likely created by her mother.

I actually agree with this .. one doesn’t cancel out the other.. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, funnygirl said:

Monique didn't react to Candiace's folded-tissue-tear-dabbing dramatics because a reaction is exactly what they (Andy included) want. It's not worth a reaction - good for her for not falling for the moment. 

Monique didn't react because she's a sociopath without an ounce of empathy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
11 hours ago, StillHere said:

On video, Candiace the Shrinking Violet, called the blogger “an obese piece of shit who needs to drop dead”.    

See this is what I keep saying. As a grown, "classy" adult Candaice should know better than to run her mouth like she does. Christ, I raised teenage girls and that was one of the first things we discussed before high school. She thought she could show off and the security and cameras would protect her. She did it with Ashley too last year. Only this time, she came across someone who didnt give a f'k and tried to beat her ass. Oh well. Doesn't mean I condone violence or am victim blaming. But yes, Candaice plays a big part in what went down. And that girl can talk shit on social media as much as the next person, so again, she can miss me with the poor little innocent maiden. It's wrong no matter who does it. 

And ehhh I dont know, watching that video I can see where maybe Mo thought someone was grabbing/pushing her while shit was going down. And she clearly had wine all over her face so it did get thrown on her. And Candaice clearly was waving around a broken glass. So yes, after the fact, it's easy for others to say "oh no that didnt happen, I was trying to hold her back", but when shit is going down, who knows who is doing what. All I'm saying is I'm not quick to say Mo is "making up" her side of what went down. She "believes" at the time those things were happening so she reacted as she did. I could see that. Now after the fact I think she sees she was clearly wrong and she should be remorseful.

Candaice is clearly embarrassed but for christ's sake, move on. She's lucky Ramona didnt throw a wine glass at her head from a canoe. This is Real Housewives, buck up! (clearly I'm kidding).

And why is it ok for Candaice to show texts recieved off camera about Michael, and openly discuss them with Giselle on camera, but Monique shouldn't try to get in front of shit floating around about her family thanks to these other women gossiping off camera. They all do it, All. The. Time. Why all the pearl clutching now I don't understand. 

No pity for Giselle. Her and her buddy Robyn are horrible ladies with all their shittalking about other's relationships and families. They deserve whatever they get. A few seasons back Robyn jumped in front of rumors about her husband/money/taxes that were circulating the media, not on the show, so what's good for the goose and all. 

• Love 1

Monique is a sociopath. She has absolutely no empathy and seems to get pleasure out of Candice's hurt feelings. Even Andy seemed bothered by her cold demeanor. Candice is still trying to understand why she was attacked. Hopefully her therapist can help her understand that there isn't any valid explanation as to why Monique did what she did. 

Ashley and her husband are both disgusting.  The fact that she continues to defend his disgusting actions is sickening. When did unwanted touching become a joke?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yes, we got enough more and different justifications last night. But IMO, the truly scary thing about her is her total lack of empathy towards Candiace's very real pain. Listen, Candiace can be awful but IMO she's not that good of an actress - this fight HAS caused her trauma and she's still feeling it. And yet. in the face of real pain, Monique's reaction is to talk about herself, to not offer any kind of apology, and to victim-blame about how Candiace "made" her react that way. I would refuse to film with someone like that because I would not be able to trust her and I would constantly be afraid that person would somehow turn on me. 

On another note, Ashley's in complete denial about Michael's sexuality. I'm not sure why it is so threatening to her that MIchael is obviously bisexual, but it clearly is. And I do believe he enjoys assaulting other men - all of it is gross. Andy's reaction of "well, here we are again, talking about your marriage" was an interesting way to frame it. 

I do not understand why Ashley thinks its okay for them to have threesomes with women (maybe making her bi-sexual) but totally gets butt hurt if anyone suggests Michael might be sexually attracted to men. It seems pretty homophobic.

It is pretty obvious that Michael has a huge crush on Juan. He said that he would suck Juan's dick and was upset that Robyn and Juan got engaged.

Of course, no matter what Michael's sexuality, the unwanted assault on male crew members is inexcusable. 

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, qtpye said:

I do not understand why Ashley thinks its okay for them to have threesomes with women (maybe making her bi-sexual) but totally gets butt hurt if anyone suggests Michael might be sexually attracted to men. It seems pretty homophobic.

It is pretty obvious that Michael has a huge crush on Juan. He said that he would suck Juan's dick and was upset that Robyn and Juan got engaged.

Of course, no matter what Michael's sexuality, the unwanted assault on male crew member is inexcusable. 

I think that there probably IS some homophobia involved. But also, it seems like their "deal" is that they can step out of the marriage with threesomes but only with other women, not other men. So if that is their deal, the fact that Michael is seemingly attracted to other men, but isn't "sharing" those other men with Ashley may be a violation of said deal. So IMO I think part of the reason that Ashley denies it is that she doesn't want to deal with what could be seen as a betrayal of trust. 

That's independent of the assault stuff. She denies that because she knows it would create legal trouble for Michael (and probably doesn't want to face the fact that her husband assaults people). 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Ugh--Wendy is such a useless waste of space. She brings nothing to the show. On WWHL, she was called out for her hypocrisy in correcting Karen's mispronunciation of "ageism" but giving Grizzard a pass. She made an excuse and then barked, "The professor has arrived." 🙄 No, Dum Dum--another useless thirsty famewhore has arrived. Nothing about you is professorial. You don't want to do that anymore, remember?

Absolutely nothing to the show.  Talk about a dud. 

Surely there is something interesting about her but she is one boring famewhore. I wonder what her students and colleagues at Johns Hopkins are thinking? 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I find it odd that all of a sudden Ashley is coming out with her threesomes and "open" marriage.  She's going to stay with Michael until MICHAEL doesn't want her anymore.  NOT the other way around.  I see you Ashley.....

I just came here to post basically the same thing. Ashley is so desperate to hang on to the lifestyle to which she’s become accustomed, she competes with Michael to see who’s the worst - Cheating?  Ashley cheated first!  Bisexual?  Ashley bisexualed first and more often!  Anything to divert attention away from Michael and all his perversions. 

• Love 10

1 hour ago, dosodog said:

?????

The show played different clips that kinda supported both of their versions.   The played the clip showing it was Gizelle pushing Monique and not Candiace.   But also played a clip that supported Monique's story that she was triggered when Candiace swirled her hand near her chin.  All the ladies started saying it didn't happen, and but then they played a clip where it did happen as Monique described.....

• Love 8
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Candiace has already changed her behavior, understanding that she needs to protect herself better. Now it would help to read about sociopaths, how they think, what they are - once she gets her mind around that, she’ll heal, and also be prepared for the next encounter. Martha Stout’s book, ‘The Sociopath Next Door,’ is a good place to start. 

The entire cast needs to read that book, because Monique is not going to let up on the harassment, especially if she is not asked back full time next season.  She'll blame Candiace for her dismissal and continue the harassment (via third parties). If Candiace doesn't come back but Monique does,  she'll see it as license to do it to someone else.  She'll be smarter next time and not put her hands on her next target but there WILL be a next target.

Giselle is as quiet as a church mouse - I believe there's facts in the threat book.

Gizelle's been through this rodeo before, she probably got it worse when she was married to Jamal.  Jumping up and giving us a moment is of no benefit to her. No woman with a partner who's been cheating on her is going to fall to her knees in front of a woman who's giving her the information, much less a woman with a high profile partner.

2 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

On another note, Ashley's in complete denial about Michael's sexuality.

Ashley knows exactly how Michael gets down from the beginning.  She is embarrassed because Michael makes her look like the fool she is, year after year. She has no pre-nup, no post-nup and no protection for herself when Michael gets tired of her and tosses her to the side.  Ashley is in the worse position out of anyone on this show and I fear for her.

1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Monique also claimed it was the first time seeing the footage but also she had studied the footage.  Nothing out of Monique's mouth can be believed.

As an aside, Monique's fans are VERY VERY ANGRY at Andy and calling him RACIST for questioning Monique and I hope her fans harass Andy the way they've been harassing Candiace, her family and the cast members who stick up for Candiace so he can see exactly what Candiace & Co. have been dealing with for the past year.

I find it odd that all of a sudden Ashley is coming out with her threesomes and "open" marriage.  She's going to stay with Michael until MICHAEL doesn't want her anymore.  NOT the other way around.  I see you Ashley.....

Ashley is crying for help IMO because she's trapped. She probably grew up seeing her mom with all different sorts of men so Ashley having sex with all sorts of people with Michael was no big deal until she became a mom herself.  Now she doesn't want to do that anymore but knows she has to keep having sex with all sorts of people, has to accept MIchael cheating on her and has to accept his foolery to keep a roof over her and her children's heads.  She's the only housewife who really hasn't done anything income-wise outside of her husband.  It's really sad.

15 minutes ago, After7Only said:

The show played different clips that kinda supported both of their versions.   The played the clip showing it was Gizelle pushing Monique and not Candiace.   But also played a clip that supported Monique's story that she was triggered when Candiace swirled her hand near her chin.  All the ladies started saying it didn't happen, and but then they played a clip where it did happen as Monique described.....

None of that really matters because Monique put her hands on Candiace first by flipping her hair.  Monique was swirling her hands* in Candiace's face too, so both of them are guilty of that.  But when Monique decided to touch Candiace by flipping her hair, anything that happened after that (busted lip, chipped teeth, wine in the face, glasses released etc) is on MONIQUE, not Candiace.  The State of Maryland never said Monique was justified in her self defense as she claimed; the State of Maryland said "This is some reality TV bullshit, get out of my courtroom."

*Candiace swirled her hands in Monique's face, not up under her chin and that's what the cast members were disputing.

• Love 12
29 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

None of that really matters because Monique put her hands on Candiace first by flipping her hair.  Monique was swirling her hands* in Candiace's face too, so both of them are guilty of that.  But when Monique decided to touch Candiace by flipping her hair, anything that happened after that (busted lip, chipped teeth, wine in the face, glasses released etc) is on MONIQUE, not Candiace.  The State of Maryland never said Monique was justified in her self defense as she claimed; the State of Maryland said "This is some reality TV bullshit, get out of my courtroom."

*Candiace swirled her hands in Monique's face, not up under her chin and that's what the cast members were disputing.

Face/chin.... pretty much the same thing...lol.  Not disputing that Monique was in the wrong or excusing her actions.    Just pointing out the Monique said she was triggered by that act and the video confirmed it happened, even though Robin, Gizelle, Wendy and Candiace swore it did not.   

The show/producers seems to be trying a be somewhat neutral in the fight, which makes me think they will keep Monique.   

• Love 3
2 hours ago, StillHere said:

I also think the term "emotional abuse" is way overused.  

Verbally sparring with someone and telling a stranger who is harassing you and fighting with you to drop dead are not emotionally abusive or even verbally abusive acts.  

You mentioned the case of the blogger and I see nothing offensive or extraordinary about what candace said.  Sounds like he had a few choice words for her too.  

So.basicslly, two people equally using their platforms to shit talk each other.  

And one of them happened to die.  

• Love 4

This is no shade, but I think Candiace was/is not equipped to deal with someone like Monique, again, it's not like she had to, but it's clear she doesn't have the skill-set to maneuver this kind of relationship. 

I believe she really thought she was legit friends with Monique, maybe they were going through a rough patch, but if she didn't care for her I doubt she would've spilled the beans to Karen about the alleged "plot" against Monique. 

Candiace has to learn that there are no friendships in reality television, so she needs to let the whole situation with Monique go and I think she now knows Karen was never truly friends with her. If she's still feeling raw about it, I don't think she should continue to be on the show for her own mental health. 

Even though Ashley has never done anything to the crew, by standing up for Michael she's enabling his behavior, which is criminal, plain and simple. For that reason I think they both need to be let go, and actually they should be sued too.

While I'm appalled at Monique's behavior, I want to see the same outrage for Michael and this is where I think there's unconscious bias that benefits Michael over Monique. 

Having said all that, the comments I've seen on IG are generally pro Monique and Ashley and against Candiace. Honest question, is there something I'm not seeing? I think Kenya is far worse than Candiace and from what I've seen Kenya does have a large fanbase, why is that? 

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, After7Only said:

Face/chin.... pretty much the same thing...lol.  Not disputing that Monique was in the wrong or excusing her actions.    Just pointing out the Monique said she was triggered by that act and the video confirmed it happened, even though Robin, Gizelle, Wendy and Candiace swore it did not.   

The cast admitted Candiace was swirling her hand in Monique's face, not under her chin, but none of that matters because Monique is looking for a justification for why she had to go upside Candiace's head, when the footage shows Monique put her hands on Candiace first.  Monique also said "Candiace had her hands in my face" but now is trying to be very specific with "Candiace swirled her hands underneath my chin." None of that matters because Monique put her hands on Candiace's body FIRST.  This chin business is the first we've heard from Monique.  To me, its' an invalid excuse, just like the other 50-11 excuses Monique's come up with.

Chins, hands, swirls, glasses...none of that matters because Evander Moniquefield wanted to fight Candiace and it didn't matter what Candiace did or said.

24 minutes ago, RealReality said:

You mentioned the case of the blogger and I see nothing offensive or extraordinary about what candace said.  Sounds like he had a few choice words for her too. 

I heard Chris Bassett had to get the legal process involved to stop the blogger from harassing Candiace and his ex-wife.  Being that the blogger named Monique as his special friend in his obituary, it's not farfetched to think Monique had full knowledge and perhaps even participation in Candiace's harassment via this blogger.  No doubt Monique was trying to pump Chris' ex-wife for tea to include in her binder.

2 minutes ago, charliesan said:

This is no shade, but I think Candiace was/is not equipped to deal with someone like Monique, again, it's not like she had to, but it's clear she doesn't have the skill-set to maneuver this kind of relationship. 

Most people aren't equipped to deal with people like Monique.  Most people see a person like Monique go on a rampage on someone else and they stay away from that person.  That's why Wendy & Robyn aren't keen on filming with Monique.  Ashley knows she needs to be wary of Monique too.  Karen thinks she will be able to handle Monique but she's going to find out like Charrisse found out.

The best thing to do with Monique-like people is to leave them alone, for your own safety and peace of mind.  This is why Monique doesn't have many female friends.

12 minutes ago, charliesan said:

Having said all that, the comments I've seen on IG are generally pro Monique and Ashley and against Candiace. Honest question, is there something I'm not seeing?

1) Many viewers see themselves in Monique: black wo(men) from disadvantaged backgrounds who are standing up to snooty light skinned bitches who look down on them like Robyn & Gizelle and weak crying ass bitches like Candiace.

2) Many viewers don't like the fact that (darker skinned) Candiace's mother can buy her houses and pay for her expensive wedding.  Candiace should have to struggle like they are struggling. I only mention skin color because I suspect if Robyn or Gizelle's parents were paying for their houses or weddings, nobody would have such an issue with it.

3) Candiace is weak and crying and people do not like weak crying victims.

4) Monique is doing what they can't: beating a nasty slick mouth bitch down with no consequences. 

5) With the addition of Jamal/binder, Monique is now on the side of the righteous, exposing and taking down immoral cheaters and scum like Jamal.

No facts, no proof will ever convince Monique's fans she is wrong because to admit she is wrong, they'd be admitting they are wrong too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
9 minutes ago, StillHere said:

It is no more overused than "accountability" or "remorse".

We shall agree to disagree. 

We will, because I think "accountability " is not used nearly enough.  

In this case candace didn't cause anyone to die or drop dead so she needn't feel responsible or be held accountable for something she didn't do. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

This white male viewer sees Candiace as a brat that writes checks with her mouth that her ass can't cash. They keep showing her expressions at the reunion and they just make her look that much more draggable.

What does this even mean? I see these woman run their mouth all day every day at each other ..looking at Karen G and Ashley and NONE NOT ONE of them gets physical .... running your mouth doesn't give anyone the right to hit you....If you talking back slick like Monique does then she gets out slicked that doesn't mean now I can assault you because your mouth was better then mine .... Being a Mother and Wife she should know this

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, RealReality said:

In this case candace didn't cause anyone to die or drop dead so she needn't feel responsible or be held accountable for something she didn't do. 

The blogger died because he spent more time helping Monique harass Candiace and filling up her binder instead of going to dialysis like he was supposed to.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

This white male viewer sees Candiace as a brat that writes checks with her mouth that her ass can't cash.

All of them talk cash money shit so either advocate for ALL housewives to be beaten or none at all.

2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

What does this even mean? I see these woman run their mouth all day every day at each other ..looking at Karen G and Ashley and NONE NOT ONE of them gets physical .... running your mouth doesn't give anyone the right to hit you....If you talking slick like Monique does then she gets out slicked doesn't mean now I can assault you it.... Being a Mother and Wife she should know this

I suspect if Robyn had beat down Ashley or Monique when they ran their mouths and begged to get dragged, none of the "talk shit get hit" crowd would be cheering on Robyn.

• Love 13
55 minutes ago, charliesan said:

I believe she really thought she was legit friends with Monique, maybe they were going through a rough patch, but if she didn't care for her I doubt she would've spilled the beans to Karen about the alleged "plot" against Monique. 

Candiace has to learn that there are no friendships in reality television, so she needs to let the whole situation with Monique go and I think she now knows Karen was never truly friends with her. If she's still feeling raw about it, I don't think she should continue to be on the show for her own mental health. 

Even though Ashley has never done anything to the crew, by standing up for Michael she's enabling his behavior, which is criminal, plain and simple. For that reason I think they both need to be let go, and actually they should be sued too.

While I'm appalled at Monique's behavior, I want to see the same outrage for Michael and this is where I think there's unconscious bias that benefits Michael over Monique. 

Having said all that, the comments I've seen on IG are generally pro Monique and Ashley and against Candiace. Honest question, is there something I'm not seeing? I think Kenya is far worse than Candiace and from what I've seen Kenya does have a large fanbase, why is that? 

I think candace can be fine on the show if she approaches it dispassionately.  

I think she has learned a hard lesson about karens "friendship"  Karen wanted an ally.  

I believe gizelle and robyn have a genuine friendship.  I think Wendy and candace maybe have a good friendship.  

Notably, gizelle and karen have known each other 4x as long as gizelle and robyn and karen isnt as close to gizelle.  So maybe karen doesn't form many close friendships.  Have we seen a karen friend on the show besides that Michael guy and her sister?

Candace may be hurt right now, but she will get over it.  Moniques problems...those are forever. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 10

I'm 59 years old and have never punched someone in anger in my life. Monique did assault Candiace on a reality TV show. I don't condone it, but I understand it. I know how all of you feel about it, because you have been dissecting this fight for 6 or 7 weeks now.

• LOL 8
  • Love 10
33 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

I'm 59 years old and have never punched someone in anger in my life. Monique did assault Candiace on a reality TV show. I don't condone it, but I understand it. I know how all of you feel about it, because you have been dissecting this fight for 6 or 7 weeks now.

The only thing this really does is put Monique in the system ... This was her get out of jail free card ..NOW going forward if she does get physical whoever she gets physical with now has 100% proof that she has a history of attacking people and it wont be so easy for her to wiggle out of .... She kinda fucked herself here... And she will open her self up to getting the fuck sued out of her ... she talking about how baller her husband is and how she doesn't need that little paycheck ...she gonna hit the wrong one and end up paying a shit ton of money ... some people don't need to hit you you just need to hit them and PAYDAY

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

This fight has been beat to death on this forum worse than Candiance got beat.   

• LOL 15
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

The ONLY reason Monique got off is because she's on a reality TV show.  It's quite shocking to see someone assault another person on TV and get NO consequences for it.  Even Porsha and Nene from Atlanta got some consequences from their actions.  Monique as of yet has received none; she is celebrated for assaulting her cast mate.  If Candiace swirled her hands/said good niiiight/ran her mouth at you and you beat her like Monique did, you'd be facing those charges as Monique would've been facing those charges had she not been on this show.

And the Samuels need to be careful because the next time they run up on somebody in the Safeway they might run up on a version of themselves...who is NOT on reality tv.  I notice beyond the "We already did the binder" comeback, they haven't had too much to say to Jamal again.

• Love 14

The reason why the fight keeps getting discussed is a) Monique keeps insisting she was "triggered," refuses to apologize, continues to have her pack of followers attack Candiace, and refuses to admit that she was in the wrong and b). people who dislike Candiace - including Monique and all of her social media minions - keep offering excuses about why Monique's behavior was justified. If those things didn't continue to take place, then I doubt any of us would continue to talk about it.

2 hours ago, charliesan said:

I agree with this. I find Ashley likeable, unlike many, but the fact is that her husband is a predator who apparently likes to target the crew, which is unfair to them. And I think you are totally correct that there is a lot of looking the other way about him because he is a rich white guy. 

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The reason why the fight keeps getting discussed is a) Monique keeps insisting she was "triggered," refuses to apologize, continues to have her pack of followers attack Candiace, and refuses to admit that she was in the wrong and b). people who dislike Candiace - including Monique and all of her social media minions - keep offering excuses about why Monique's behavior was justified. If those things didn't continue to take place, then I doubt any of us would continue to talk about it.

Not only that but, as I understand it, Gizelle and Robyn can't even live tweet the show because of all the Gooniques coming to defend their queen.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

The only thing this really does is put Monique in the system ... This was her get out of jail free card ..NOW going forward if she does get physical whoever she gets physical with now has 100% proof that she has a history of attacking people and it wont be so easy for her to wiggle out of .... She kinda fucked herself here... And she will open her self up to getting the fuck sued out of her ... she talking about how baller her husband is and how she doesn't need that little paycheck ...she gonna hit the wrong one and end up paying a shit ton of money ... some people don't need to hit you you just need to hit them and PAYDAY

I think this is kinda underappreciated.  

There are all sorts of people out there who want to be internet famous and would love to get a nice paycheck on the side to take a couple punches.  

Monique has made it known that she is a rich, easy target.   

One who doesn't want to accept any responsibility for her actions.  And just from my limited experience that almost never makes the aggressor sympathetic within the confines of the normal legal system 

"But the bitch was talking shit!" Seems as good a defense as "rage blackouts I claim i have after I've given a detailed account of my actions."

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Not only that but, as I understand it, Gizelle and Robyn can't even life tweet the show because of all the Gooniques coming to defend their queen.

This is weird to me.  

I totally understand everyone having their passionate point of view. 

But constant Twitter harassment is the sort of thing I expect from someone like beyonce, who has built up and nurtured a dedicated fan base for a decade.  

Staying on social media to defend and harass others on behalf of Monique seems more like something you might be paying someone at a server farm to do.  Like those same places where influences buy followers.  

I dont like monique and I've never liked ashley but it seems like a lot of work to do all these threats and stuff on social media.  It doesn't seem like anything most people would do no matter how they felt. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, RealReality said:

But technically, just for arguments sake.....couldn't she have purchased that love?

If she did I’d hope she would push them towards that poor broke down vlog/blog no one wanted anything to do with and she was sinking 20k a month into lol

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Monique is capable of not hitting someone if provoked (i.e. Robyn during the season 3 umbrella fight)....and she was mighty upset with Robyn.  Robyn was more in her face than Candiace was...even following Monique to continue the fight.  

However, monique kept yelling that Robyn wasn't on her level money wise.and to come back at her when she was.  And Candiace has a comfy nest egg courtesy of mom, etc....so Monique seemed her worthy to beat..cause she figured Candiace wouldn't sue her for money unlike Robyn.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

The ONLY reason Monique got off is because she's on a reality TV show.  It's quite shocking to see someone assault another person on TV and get NO consequences for it.  Even Porsha and Nene from Atlanta got some consequences from their actions.  Monique as of yet has received none; she is celebrated for assaulting her cast mate.  If Candiace swirled her hands/said good niiiight/ran her mouth at you and you beat her like Monique did, you'd be facing those charges as Monique would've been facing those charges had she not been on this show.

And the Samuels need to be careful because the next time they run up on somebody in the Safeway they might run up on a version of themselves...who is NOT on reality tv.  I notice beyond the "We already did the binder" comeback, they haven't had too much to say to Jamal again.

I'm not going to clutch my pearls about a reality tv fight. 

In the greater scheme of things, I'm not advocating for a fight starter and a fight maker to have any more consequences on "reality" tv than they would have in real life. 

Trust and believe if this was two girls fighting in a Target over a smart mouth, no one would be looking at jail time.

2 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Not only that but, as I understand it, Gizelle and Robyn can't even live tweet the show because of all the Gooniques coming to defend their queen.

They can live tweet and disable comments if it's really that pressing. Monique is a third-rate housewife on a second rate reality show. They are acting like Monique has millions of twitter followers. Everybody here has agendas, and either all of this should be taken at face value or none of it should be. 

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

They can live tweet and disable comments if it's really that pressing. Monique is a third-rate housewife on a second rate reality show. They are acting like Monique has millions of twitter followers. Everybody here has agendas, and either all of this should be taken at face value or none of it should be. 

Robyn and Gizelle should be thankful for the comments and followers. 🤣.  Without that what do they have?  Embezzled hats and non existsent makeup at Target?   

• LOL 4
  • Love 1