Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E11: Week 11

• Start Topic

I took Tayshia and Mama Ivan wearing coordinating paprika satin dresses as a good sign. But then hearing that Ivan talks to his mom EVERY DAY is a bad sign. She’s going to be all up in their business. Dad seems pretty cool, though.

Oh, yes. I watch enough Love After Lockup to recognize prison tattoos. This is Ivan’s infamous brother.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, hyacinth said:

Where are the icily polite, clearly annoyed family members like mine would be?   To this day I honestly have no idea how they felt about my ex husband.   I didn't even tell them I was getting a divorce until after I was divorced and they were coming for Thanksgiving and I thought they might notice he was missing.   

Okay, this made me burst out laughing. I woke up my dog. I thank you. (My dog does not.)

• Love 2

I think one thing she likes about Zac is that he lives in (or near) NYC.  And she has apparently said in the past that she has thought about moving to NYC.  Seems like a nice convenient choice because even if it doesn’t work out, she can still work on her “life and style” career from there.   Any idea where she lives now?  

Edited by Katie111
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, FlyingEgret said:

I am confused (it doesn't take much) - is Zac from NY or Haddonfield, NJ?  Living 5 minutes from Haddonfield I know it is impossible to confuse one for the other...

His hometown is Haddonfield but he lives in NYC now

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Oh, yes. I watch enough Love After Lockup to recognize prison tattoos. This is Ivan’s infamous brother.

I wonder if Gabriel is Ivan's half-brother: maybe from his father's first marriage?  They don't even look alike. But damn, those facial tattoos. He sure won't be working in an office. I wonder what he's doing now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Mr. Riplet came up during Ivan's parents visit and until the bro walked in.  He was saying how his brain cells dropped in just those few moments.  I tried to explain to him that this particular group of men and the lead have actually been a nice change of pace because they are articulate, confident and have actual conversations that aren't filled with "likes" or just spending all the conversation time talking about how hot the other person is.  IT has been refreshing this season to hear these real conversations.

I loved T using her fingers to move Ivan's head over when he didn't see his brother walk in.  I think T was uncomfortable around Ivan's brother.  HEr body language is not as into Ivan as it was with Brendan and Zac.  I think she sees what a great guy Ivan is, but isn't as into him as the previous 2. She didn't look back at him at the end of the night the way she did with Brendan and Zac.  Not her final choice.

I sometimes wonder if the lead actually sends their 2nd choice home 3rd or 4th so they don't go through the embarassment and heart breakof the final rose ceremony.

• Love 8

I think I felt differently about Ivan's date than others. I felt like he took a leap with this date. Right now I'm leaning toward Zac and Ivan as final two. I noticed neither of Brendan and Ben's parents showing up. Brendan mentioned his dad passed but not mom, I don't think. And I thought Brendan's hometown was pretty lackluster. Ben feels like a bachelor candidate to me more than a choice for Tayshia.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

I wonder if Gabriel is Ivan's half-brother: maybe from his father's first marriage?  They don't even look alike. But damn, those facial tattoos. He sure won't be working in an office. I wonder what he's doing now.

I thought his choice of words was interesting and pretty elevated. I'd like to know more about him. He's rather well spoken, an oddity in this franchise. I found him interesting.

Post Malone has facial tats, as do a bunch of rappers. The tear drop is straight out of Oz though (prison tv show).

So Ivan is the only one who doesn't get The Handshake. Oh well. At least he isn't wearing a scoop neck on the skate date.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, SallyAlbright said:

I think Tayshia is smart enough to recognize that Ivan is smart and cute and a real catch, but she seems nowhere near as attracted to him as she is to Zac and Brendan. 

Yes, I think she thinks Ivan would be a great catch for someone else, but he seems too young for her.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, thehepburn said:

The way T gave the Bach handshake EXCEPT Ivan reminds me of how T told Ellen Degeneres that all 3 are grest kissers and didnt mention Ivan 😞

She couldn't in the jean short skirt. 

2 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wondered if Ivan’s brother was a half sibling as well.  Who were they talking about had cancer and a heart attack and couldn’t be there on Ivan’s date? Why was his brother in jail? I may have to rewatch this part. 

Dad had cancer and a heart attack.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Yes, I think she thinks Ivan would be a great catch for someone else, but he seems too young for her.

He's too young for me too, but he's my pick for me. I even like the tatted brother.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I thought his choice of words was interesting and pretty elevated. I'd like to know more about him. He's rather well spoken, an oddity in this franchise. I found him interesting.

I found him interesting, too.  I noticed what looked like burn scars on the left side of his face.    

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I wondered if Ivan’s brother was a half sibling as well.  Who were they talking about had cancer and a heart attack and couldn’t be there on Ivan’s date? Why was his brother in jail? I may have to rewatch this part. 

I thought Ivan took after dad and the brother took after mom.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Ben's black scoop-neck girlie t is back for the Meet The Parents date! That must be his fav top of all times.

It’s so cringy. I assume he’s showing off the muscles. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I like Ben, I think he's a sweet guy and seems like a good person. But he also just seems so fragile and uneasy in his own skin and I wish he could have come on this show later. He makes me a bit uncomfortable at times because HE seems uncomfortable which I feel bad saying. His issues were all so recent that it worries me and I hope he's doing well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, Ripley68 said:

I really cannot stand Ben's scoop neck shirt.  When he wears those, it reminds me of something...but I can't remember what.

The commercial where the guy not using the right detergent is responsible for his t-shirt's neck being all stretched out on his date. Should be wearing a polo or button down anyway in my opinion.

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

OMG!  I recognize his sister, I loved her on Top Chef.  I don't know, I kind of find it a little cringey that his sister needs to tell him that he loves T for him to realize it.  She's hair fidgeting, not a good sign. I need a long shot of them to see her body language.  If he can't say it in that moment, he doesn't love her!  ick...the neck grab to pull her back.  No look back again by T.  Not a top choice.

• Love 3

His friend (sister?) Antonia?  Wasn't she on TOP CHEF?  Maybe even a winner?!  

OMG!  I recognize his sister, I loved her on Top Chef. 

I guess we recognized her at the same moment!  

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • Love 1

Is Ben a robot? I think what I’m feeling is happiness. I don’t know how to say the words. He’s visibly confused trying to compute Antonia telling him he’s in love. I feel a certain way. I’ve fallen [face freezes for 4 seconds with mouth agape] in love with her.

My daughter was just talking over their conversation. What did he actually end up saying to Tayshia?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Ben is soooo not ready for this.  “ I don’t know how I feel”. “ you love her”.  “ OMG.  I love her”.  

What was his sister trying to do...get another woman to take him off her hands?

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, DEL901 said:
Just now, AuntieDiane6 said:

His friend (sister?) Antonia?  Wasn't she on TOP CHEF?  Maybe even a winner?!  

Antonia Lofaso is on all the cooking shows.  I recognized her right away

No, it's not the date commercial with the wrinkly shirt.  It's somebody like Arnold Schwaregegar or something like that.

Ugh...And now Ben has to short of pants on.  And I don't like the way Brendan dresses either, though I understand what he's wearing tonight because I remember him wearing it before and T commenting on it.

Edited by Ripley68
  • Love 1