Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Pilot

LoveLeigh
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, WAnglais1 said:

He was also the husband in the movie FARGO and Drew Carey's crossdressing brother on the sitcom. (You probably already knew that. Sorry.)

Seriously tired of the female tropes of the two sisters. Of course the brainy one cannot have a boyfriend. It's got to be the blonde who loves to drive fast. Also, I kept thinking the three of them should've gone full Bobby Hill on him ("That's my purse! I don't know you!!") and kicked him in the crotch. 

I have a feeling if I give any time to this it's going to end up like LOST, THE X-FILES, or TWIN PEAKS. A lot of plots are never resolved and it gets more and more up its own butt. 

I digress. I'll watch for a couple of more episodes to see if anything logical happens. 

The first time I remember seeing him at anything was on The Drew Carey show way back when. It's still funny to me that he went from that thankless role, to showing up in just about every other TV show. He's definitely gotten more work than any of the other cast members.

He was also in the movie Zodiac where he played... the guy that some presume to be the Zodiac killer

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 5
On 11/19/2020 at 10:49 AM, Dowel Jones said:

Maybe they're all busy checking on the Duttons and the Governor and what not.  Don't have any time for ditzy teenagers.

Where the heck is Rip when you need him?  The truck driver and Trooper Pence (thanks to whomever coined that!) would be at the train station within an episode or two.

• LOL 2

My mum and I are both in love with Brian Geraghty and think he is a total hottie( the actor who plays the truck driver) and decided to watch this show because we heard he was in it.  Brian was great as Officer Sean Roman in Chicago PD and Commisioner Teddy Roosevelt in The Alienist. It is great seeing him as a killer as I have only seen him play good guys before. The only other actor I know of is JLC from AHS who is a great actor and plays and  the state trooper on this show. I LOVED HIM as Twisty the clown in AHS freakshow and Mr Jingles in AHS 1984. I have never heard of or seen the rest of the cast before. I knew that hooker was a transexual as he/she was masculine looking and sounding. That sister driving and the hooker were  total idiots. I only felt bad for the younger sister.  I will definitely watch this to the end for Brian and John!

Edited by blackdahlia
  • Love 2

I was looking forward to this show due to all the promotions the past week, and I enjoy RP. I DVR'd it, and tried watching it last night  - erased it from my DVR before the 30 minute mark. What a horrible show. Bad (over)acting, and a script written by a high school writing class.

No thanks.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Love 1
On 11/18/2020 at 2:07 PM, tennisgurl said:

There are a lot of actors I like in this, especially Katheryn Winnick, and the scenery is very pretty, so I will give it a few more episodes. 

Same here. I saw a preview and spotted my favorite shield maiden so I had to give it a watch. I don't know who Ryan Phillippe's is but was shocked when the trooper shot him.

The hooker looked like a man to me, I saw a pretty prominent adam's apple, not that there's anything wrong with that I'm pointing it out because I don't know if the truck driver was aware of it or if it will come in to play later in the story.

I'm going to call it now and say the 2 women will team up to solve the case and become buddy cops/detectives.

Forgot to add how stupid it was that 3 people couldn't take down 1 average size guy even with the element of surprise. They should have charged him as soon as he opened the door or kicked him in the face but never should have let him climb in the truck. 

Edited by foxfreakinmulder
  • Love 1

Directors have been casting big names for “shocking opening act death scenes” all the way back to the Psycho movie.  You post a big name actor and show them off on all the coming attractions and then knock them off by the opening credits.   Honestly I love Ryan Philippe (I have since he was on OLTL). but he was never my reason for watching the show.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lyanna19 said:

I was thinking the trooper is Ronald's dad? 

I mean Ronald has a mom, he's gotta have a dad too, somewhere, and when he called Ronald and told him he screwed up, my first thought was ,is that his son?

I figured they were partners in trafficking pretty young women since none of the women died, including the one he wrapped in plastic. Since the truck was empty, he must have went out specifically looking for women.

• Love 7
On 11/22/2020 at 1:16 AM, blackdahlia said:

My mum and I are both in love with Brian Geraghty and think he is a total hottie( the actor who plays the truck driver) and decided to watch this show because we heard he was in it.  Brian was great as Officer Sean Roman in Chicago PD and Commisioner Teddy Roosevelt in The Alienist. It is great seeing him as a killer as I have only seen him play good guys before. 

Watch his Law & Order SVU episode.

• Love 3

Well. late to the party again!  Forgot this was on the DVR so wanted to watch before the new episode.

So, kinda entertaining and I will give it a few more episodes.  Like others, didn't see RP getting his head blown off at the end, but wonder if he's really dead?  But I can't imagine he could survive that.  Also thought the prostitute was trans, right away.  So the guy who plays Ronald has always given me the creeps and I hated him on Chicago PD, but this role seems better suited for him.  Sorry as I know there's a big fan upthread.  The girl that plays Cassie was in a show called Twisted a few years back and I always liked her, so it was good to see her.  People are so desperate for new shows, so I think the bar is really low to keep watching.

I noticed the throwaway comments on the pandemic.  I'd be fine if they just ignored it totally on most shows.  We've lived it, so no need to see it portrayed on every show.

• Love 2

I'm late to the party, too and watched this last night knowing absolutely nothing at all about it other than it starred Ryan Phillipe, or so I thought..

So, I was really surprised at where the show went and how fast it went there.  At first I thought it felt really quirky and then it got dark pretty fast and then the ending was WHAT?  I am actually surprised this is made for network television as it had more of a streaming service vibe to it.  It will more than likely be cancelled soon enough because of either low ratings or because some people will no doubt complain about it.

I enjoyed it enough and since I hate reality tv, cop procedurals, game shows and singing & dance competitions, I will pretty much watch any sort of drama a network throws at me. 

• Love 3
On 11/18/2020 at 10:53 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Heck I was In The minute I saw Brooke Smith playing a disconnected wife.     This  has the potential to be a lot of fun if you aren’t the type to pull to hard at the strings.    

Hate the little blond ballon lips - Dumb women cliche. Why not each grab a hooker shoe and beat him senseless and stab him. And kick - bite his nose off - gouge out his eyes - fight like a girl.

• Love 1
On 11/22/2020 at 1:16 AM, blackdahlia said:

My mum and I are both in love with Brian Geraghty and think he is a total hottie( the actor who plays the truck driver) and decided to watch this show because we heard he was in it.  Brian was great as Officer Sean Roman in Chicago PD and Commisioner Teddy Roosevelt in The Alienist. It is great seeing him as a killer as I have only seen him play good guys before. The only other actor I know of is JLC from AHS who is a great actor and plays and  the state trooper on this show. I LOVED HIM as Twisty the clown in AHS freakshow and Mr Jingles in AHS 1984. I have never heard of or seen the rest of the cast before. I knew that hooker was a transexual as he/she was masculine looking and sounding. That sister driving and the hooker were  total idiots. I only felt bad for the younger sister.  I will definitely watch this to the end for Brian and John!

I did not recognize Teddy Roosevelt, but I thought he looked familiar. Thanks for pointing it out!

• Love 1

I'm trying not to let my dislike of Brian Geraghty cloud my judgement but the ridiculous plot where he fights off three attackers after being stabbed with a heel isn't helping matters. I'll try one more episode before I peace out.

• Love 1
On 11/18/2020 at 7:43 PM, KaveDweller said:

I was thinking trans, because of the line about being "new at this" when kidnapper guy was hitting on her.

I was thinking new at working as a prostitute. My radar went up that something was off when I saw a trucker wearing a necktie .

Now that old TV movies don't rotate up to the syndicated networks anymore I am sure the sisters never saw Duel

• Love 3
On 11/18/2020 at 10:53 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Heck I was In The minute I saw Brooke Smith playing a disconnected wife.     This  has the potential to be a lot of fun if you aren’t the type to pull to hard at the strings.    

Love Brooke Smith (Silence of the Lambs!!!!) but I saw this shit coming a mile away.  Wasn't shocked at all. 

Let's see:  Truck driver; white, mid thirties probably an incel, lives with mom....nothing strange about that at all.

But I knew the trooper was going to be a bad guy because....he came off like a psycho.

One more thing, you get stabbed in the neck, you're gonna bleed, maybe not bleed out, but bleed.

I wanted someone to taze him in the balls, now THAT would have been entertainment.

Brian was great as Officer Sean Roman in Chicago PD and Commisioner Teddy Roosevelt in The Alienist

YES, I couldn't put my finger on where I'd seen him before.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
On 11/18/2020 at 4:03 PM, LoveLeigh said:

No, it was the scene between Rick (the Highway Patrol guy) and Cody... when Rick tells him the cabin is empty because of the pandemic. 

Even though the show is in "real time", perhaps it's in the future and the pandemic is over for all intents and purposes, or everyone's been vaccinated, etc., and it just takes a long time to get businesses up and running again.  Needless to say, COVID-19 wasn't a thing when C.J. Box wrote his The Highway series mystery books.

On 11/24/2020 at 4:56 AM, Gizkok said:

I never thought of it until much later but how could that "woman" wrapped up in plastic breathe?

Air pockets?  The Highwayman is a pro at abducting lot lizards for the international sex traffic trade.

I just watched this last night, I didn't know anything about it except the commercials.  As soon as I saw him loading his truck in what looks like a suit, I said "He's Norman Bates."  And as soon as his mother started going at him, I said "Yep, and she's Mother Bates.  She's going to be in the rocker before long."  

• Love 2
On 11/18/2020 at 4:33 AM, BK1978 said:

I did not see that coming either.  Which in hindsight is sort of weird because the moment I saw John Carroll Lynch I said to myself, "Wait he's actually playing a good guy for once."  Yeah not so much.

I was annoyed because the sound cut off for me during the last five or six minutes.  I am not sure if it was a local thing or an ABC thing.  I did not have my television on mute, so I am not sure what the hell happened.

Watch the pilot ON DEMAND if you have a DVR.