Type keyword(s) to search

HK Season 19 Anticipation Thread

preeya
  • Start Topic

Everything I've read says HK will return in January or February 2020.  Here it is almost the end of February and no sign of a new season.

Does anyone know if it's coming back or has it been cancelled?

I know nothing either, about it's return. I'm just watching reruns on YouTube. 

I like this show. Despite some of the stupid, possibly scripted drama, I enjoy it for learning how to cook. Gordon Ramsey breaking down a lobster, for example, is fascinating to me. I learn alot from HK. But I also love Master Chef.

• Love 1

Also, the season finale of Gordon's other show, "24 Hours to Hell and Back" is tonight, so maybe Fox decided to air that first before HK.  I know HK was renewed for another season so it will be back, there's just been no air date announced yet.

On 2/22/2020 at 2:56 PM, spiderpig said:

I too enjoy Gordon for his culinary skill and antics,  I really want him back in HK calling people donkeys, muppets and donuts.

😆😆😆😆 I thought was the only one who loved to see Gordon calling them that!

But my favorite parts are seeing him cook. I’ve said this over in the MasterChef forums, but I would LOOOOOVE for him to come to MY home and show me how to cook that steak, Creme Brûlée, hell ANYTHING!🥰

• Love 3
On 2/24/2020 at 11:36 PM, Yeah No said:

Also, the season finale of Gordon's other show, "24 Hours to Hell and Back" is tonight, so maybe Fox decided to air that first before HK.  I know HK was renewed for another season so it will be back, there's just been no air date announced yet.

I understand two more seasons of HK were filmed back-to-back a few months ago. The sous-chefs for these next two installments are Christina Wilson and Season 7 runner-up Jason "Blue Jay" Santos. Not sure when the next one premieres.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I think it's strange that they would hold a show that's already "in the can" until mid season given the circumstances, but who knows why they do anything anymore?

• Love 1
(edited)

I received the following from a reliable source when I asked if they knew anything re: the status of Hell's Kitchen's return.

"It got pushed back because of Fox's commitment to WWE. I would have presumed that they originally intended it to start in June like it has done numerous times, giving them an easy "summer schedule". But with shows on hiatus completely at present, and no idea when the scripted stuff will return, I would now expect that they'll air it in September or October to give them a start of the "main" TV season. It'll be on the Calendar as soon as there is definite data."

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bluesky said:

I have just started watching Top Chef and really like it.  Is this show anything like Top Chef?  

Well, yes in the sense that it has cooks and a kitchen.  Otherwise, not even close.  🙂  

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, threebluestars said:

Imagine if the chefs on Top Chef sucked at cooking and excelled at fighting, smoking and disappointing Gordon Ramsay.

And all had tattoo sleeves and delusions of grandeur when it came to their own skills.

• Love 6
(edited)

I've been told there are two episodes of HK season 19 out on the Internet. I'm a DISH subscriber. I cannot find anything airing on DISH for HK S19. Does anyone have any info on this?  IMDB indicates it as October 2020.

Further investigation shows an S19 episode on YouTube. Here's the link https://tinyurl.com/y3r4y3w2

Edited by preeya
Added text re: YouTube

Found these tidbits of information:

"This season (19) was originally planned to air in the Summer of 2020, but due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it was pushed back to January 2021."

"Before the season aired in America, it first aired on ITV2 in the United Kingdom starting on October 20, 2020."

I believe the episodes that are out on the Internet and YouTube are likely copies made from the ITV2 showings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, preeya said:

Found these tidbits of information:

"This season (19) was originally planned to air in the Summer of 2020, but due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it was pushed back to January 2021."

"Before the season aired in America, it first aired on ITV2 in the United Kingdom starting on October 20, 2020."

I believe the episodes that are out on the Internet and YouTube are likely copies made from the ITV2 showings.

That's very interesting, thanks for posting that. 

• Love 1

I wonder why they're holding back seasons that have already been filmed for so long - are there really TWO seasons in the can??  There's such a dearth of programming on right now that it seems ridiculous for them to wait.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I wonder why they're holding back seasons that have already been filmed for so long

Speak to us "The Amazing Race" fans, whose "just started airing" season was filmed in November 2018!!!!

On 10/27/2020 at 11:22 AM, preeya said:

I've been told there are two episodes of HK season 19 out on the Internet. I'm a DISH subscriber. I cannot find anything airing on DISH for HK S19. Does anyone have any info on this?  IMDB indicates it as October 2020.

Further investigation shows an S19 episode on YouTube. Here's the link https://tinyurl.com/y3r4y3w2

On 10/27/2020 at 11:32 AM, SevenCostanza said:

I saw it on YouTube too.  I wonder why it's not airing on regular tv?

On 10/27/2020 at 6:57 PM, chenoa333 said:

YouTube has season 19 episodes 1 and 2. Maybe they stopped filming due to Covid? But season 19 might have been filmed last year. I miss this show. And Master Chef too.

The whole season is available on dailymotion.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

This reminds me of a couple we met at a shared table at breakfast on a cruise.  They both proclaimed that they were in the food service industry and they criticized EVERYTHING that was served to them and practically threw the plates back at the servers.  (His eggs were not done well enough, hers were overdone.  Had it been us, we'd have just switched plates, but these two had to make a big deal out of it.)  

The day after our first breakfast with them, we were in line to be seated.  They were right in front of us in line.  The dining room staff asks everyone, "Table for two, or would you like to share?"  They were led to a table to share.  When we were asked, we said, "We'd like to share" and then whispered "but not with them."  The staff didn't blink an eye.  They showed us to a table on the other side of the dining room.  (Yes, they were THAT obnoxious.)

We weren't the only ones who didn't want to share a table with them more than once.  We had requested "traditional dining."  You eat at the same time and the same table every evening; we had requested a table for two, as we prefer not to share a table at dinner.  Mr. and Mrs. Obnoxious were about 10 feet away at a table for six.  The first night, that table was fully occupied.  From the second night on, no one else ever sat there with them.  The other four people took advantage of different dining options for the rest of the cruise.  

As hubby and I were discussing their behavior, their claims of being in the food service industry, and generally how they came across, a little light bulb came on in my head.  I said, "I think I have it figured out.  They are junior high school cafeteria workers or they work at McDonald's.  Yes, they are in the food service industry, but they are using 'resume speak' to make themselves sound like culinary experts."

That's how the article about Amber sounds to me.  Her skills and personality do not scream "Executive Chef."  

• Love 2

I’m rooting for Cody. He looks like Tyler from Teen Mom.

There is no coffee for the contestants! Wow I need coffee to open my eyes in the morning.

https://www.mashed.com/310081/the-truth-about-cody-candelario-from-hells-kitchen-season-19/

This one has spoilers about who gets eliminated! More about Cody. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/hells-kitchen-everything-know-cody-candelario-season-19/amp/