Type keyword(s) to search

S02: Week 6: September 27, 2020-September 30, 2020

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Even though I've moved on to other things and haven't been watching every night, I'm sorry that its ending on Wednesday.

Here's hoping that Justine/Caleb keep Johnny from winning the money as I really, really need to see him realize that he got a girlfriend he didn't want for no reason.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The description says Jules.  Gus's sister?  It says "Family Portrait"....

It makes sense that Mackenzie has a team of stuffed animals she keeps with her at all times. Now Connor can just be added to her literal collection of puppets she can control. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

She's wearing a cap and gown, but was there a ceremony? She says she took her last class August 11 and met Connor two weeks later, so that photo is clearly from within the last week or so since they left the Villa, but what college holds graduation ceremonies in September?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

She's wearing a cap and gown, but was there a ceremony? She says she took her last class August 11 and met Connor two weeks later, so that photo is clearly from within the last week or so since they left the Villa, but what college holds graduation ceremonies in September?

Very interesting.  Plus how do Gus and Jules have graduation gear also?!?!?  If she went to the trouble of procuring it for them, maybe she did it for herself, also....

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Very interesting.  Plus how do Gus and Jules have graduation gear also?!?!?

Now that I look at that picture, she doesn't appear to be wearing a gown, just a cap and possibly a bra for a top. I clicked over to her instagram (i am really fucking bored this morning) and it looks like it was a graduation party at someone's house. As for the bears, there's a second picture. Jules was probably a graduation bear with a cap and gown, and they stuck the cap on Gus.

image.thumb.png.14bd4d10ededfe623946e209d9892685.png

Anyway, congratulations to Mackenzie. She's still a nut, but it sounds like she turned at least some things around with her education, so good for her.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

OMG, Caleb and his family had me crying! That was really emotional not only when he was talking about his feelings for Justine, but especially saying how he’s trying so hard to be a good role model of a young black man. It’s terrible that he feels that pressure from society. Yet, he should be damn proud of himself. He has a level of integrity and empathy that is unmatched in the world of reality TV and is wise beyond his years. You can tell he’s going to do great things in life. 

Conversely, Johnny’s Dad said something like “You broke from your game plan,” which just led me to believe he told his family he would partner up with someone Day 1 and “fall in love” just to win the money. That might explain how he was “tempted” practically within minutes of entering Casa Amour.

• Like 1
  • Love 12

Can someone recap what happened after Caleb and Justine talked to their family? Besides Cely being extremely loud and annoying. I forgot to extend the recording. 

I might be in love with Caleb now. 

• Love 2

Caleb's family kind of broke me.  Definitely the highlight of the episode.  Cely screaming at everybody and moaning and making seal noises was definitely the lowlight.

Honestly, I thought Johnny's dad was hot.

I feel like the editors are reallllllly leaning into this Caleb and Justine thing.  They kinda seem like they cannot do wrong.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, fishcakes said:

She might have graduated after summer school classes, but yeah. Staged.

I like Cely but my GOD woman, tone it down.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Caleb's family kind of broke me.  Definitely the highlight of the episode.  Cely screaming at everybody and moaning and making seal noises was definitely the lowlight.

Honestly, I thought Johnny's dad was hot.

I feel like the editors are reallllllly leaning into this Caleb and Justine thing.  They kinda seem like they cannot do wrong.

I agree that they are leaning into it. BUUUUT I don't get the Justine love from everyone. There were several questionable things she did before coupling with Caleb. 

• Useful 1
38 minutes ago, aqusdealer said:

Did Cely actually twerk her parents??

Classy.

And what parents say 'Twerk if you can hear me?" ?? Oh man... that really was the Justine and Caleb show. I like that Johnny and Carrington got it from their families about their actions.

I hate the 'loved one's visit' on Survivor and this was only marginally more bearable to me. It's interesting seeing the mixed mariages I guess, but were they also both divorced as they weren't together in the same shot? Odd esp. that Justine would ask about her dad who was fine and yet he wouldn't/couldn't be on camera apparently?

• Love 2

I felt like Caleb was really struggling on how to answer the question about Justine.  He really emphasized liking her and how she is the kind of person you would want to marry.  I still think there are major friend vibes there,  and they are trying to win the money.  He really had to find a good way to word his answer without lying.  I am sure they like each other but there isn’t much romance there.

• Applause 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

Did Cely actually twerk her parents??

Classy.

To be fair, it was in response to her family yelling, “Cely, twerk if you can hear us!” I guess they have a whole household of “life of the party” people in that family.

5 hours ago, Court said:

I agree that they are leaning into it. BUUUUT I don't get the Justine love from everyone. There were several questionable things she did before coupling with Caleb. 

Agreed that Justine is adorable in response to how sweet Caleb is, but Caleb is “carrying the vote” here. I would be voting for him and whomever he were matched up with, presuming he were the same way with them. If it doesn’t work out with Justine, I have a daughter who’s single! I have never been one of “those moms” who tries to get involved in her love life, but I might consider how to hack into the Jumbotron family Zoom call for Caleb on her behalf. Sadly, she’s more into Calvin’s look with Carrington’s attitude.

• LOL 4

I think CBS and the producers finally woke up to how popular Caleb & Justine are as a couple as I found that the edit has really done a 180 over the past few episodes on their story arc.  Got to wonder just how far ahead they were on the Hideaway vote.   

I know they have to make it seem like Johnny/Cely still have a chance to win the $$$$ but after Johnny's dad "He didn't stick with the plan" and and Caleb's strong black male edit, I feel like all that is left is how big of a cardboard check will they hand Justine/Caleb.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

Does Moira know her family? She seemed so not excited to see them and my ears kept hearing her sister prounounce her name as "Maura".

Johnny's mom came across weird to me. Very cold and dettached like she didn't really want to be there. But his dad showed where those player ways come from.

Caleb and Justine seem too good to be true. I hope it works out for them. They both seem like good people and their families are really nice.

Laurel and Carrington's parents make me want to root for them as a couple. But I know he has no desire to make the long term commitment to a long distance relationship.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

I think CBS and the producers finally woke up to how popular Caleb & Justine are as a couple as I found that the edit has really done a 180 over the past few episodes on their story arc.  Got to wonder just how far ahead they were on the Hideaway vote.   

I know they have to make it seem like Johnny/Cely still have a chance to win the $$$$ but after Johnny's dad "He didn't stick with the plan" and and Caleb's strong black male edit, I feel like all that is left is how big of a cardboard check will they hand Justine/Caleb.

I think this was the plan all along. CBS just wants storylines, and the best way to do that is to focus on one couple at a time until their story is “done” then move on. I know people think this is somewhat organic, but I still think it’s all rigged. You don’t want to “peak” too early on this show because it’s no fun to watch one couple win wire-to-wire. I don’t think Cely and Johnny ever had a chance, they were just an early distraction. CBS is pushing for Caleb and Justine now that all the drama is done. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CindyBee said:

but after Johnny's dad "He didn't stick with the plan" 

Can you guys elaborate?  What did Johnny's Dad say and what did it mean? I'm not getting this.

Was Johnny's original plan to hook up with someone on day 1, i.e. Cely, and not stray from that?  And basically he broke the plan at Casa Amor?

44 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I absolutely think Johnny and Cely had a shot - until he cheated at CA. That changed the whole dynamic. 

Well, lol I don't think anyone would disagree with this.  Never mind - just saw @Stan39 disagrees.  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Can you guys elaborate?  What did Johnny's Dad say and what did it mean? I'm not getting this.

Was Johnny's original plan to hook up with someone on day 1, i.e. Cely, and not stray from that?  And basically he broke the plan at Casa Amor?

Papa Johnny said "He didn't stick to the plan" during his airtime of meet the family.   I thought that was interesting that CBS allowed that to be broadcast as its not a good look for Johnny.  

Obviously "the plan" is up for interpretation but most believe that Johnny came in with a plan to find a girl on day 1, be the alpha male (all ex contestants have said in their exit interviews that Johnny was totally in charge of the villa and if you weren't in his clique ie Mackenzie, you were outside looking in) and then ride that pairing to the very end and cash a nice check from CBS.   Guess he didn't think that being all over Mercades, including a hot tub scene that couldn't/wasn't shown would not go over with the voting public of America & Canada.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Well, lol I don't think anyone would disagree with this.  Never mind - just saw @Stan39 disagrees.  

They didn’t say what the plan was. They were talking about Johnny’s hook up at Casa Amour. And dad exclaimed, “You didn’t stick with the plan!” Johnny laughed and said, “I know!” And dad said, “Well, when I was your age, I would have done the same thing,” presumably hooking up with a hot, willing participant other than your partner. So, they didn’t say, but it came off that Johnny planned to pair up with someone immediately and have a grand love story to win the money, but he didn’t stick with the plan by hooking up with Mercedes, and America turned on him. Otherwise, there’s no reasonable explanation I can think of of what the “plan” would have been that he would have told his dad before the show and before meeting “the love of his life.” 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, keke23 said:

Does Moira know her family? She seemed so not excited to see them and my ears kept hearing her sister prounounce her name as "Maura".

Maybe we she later met a new family who was nice to her, and that is her family now. Heh.

I was also weirded out about her sister's pronunciation of her name. Do we need to owe James an apology now if even her own sister can't say it?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, mertensia said:

You absolutely did hear Moira pronounced as Maura. I heard it too.

How odd. It was distracting me so much, I couldn't concentrate on anything else being said during their call.

• Love 1

I agree, I heard 'Mora' a lot from her family. I think she was shocked and flustered though, as hers was the first to show up on the screens. Everyone else had time to process that they would be talking to their parents soon while "Mora" just had it thrust on her and had to respond so I give her a bit of slack for being freaked out, apparently.

ETA: Oh and as for "The Plan" I think it was easy and two-fold: Don't look like a player and don't do anything that would make people dislike you. He managed both at Casa Amore and that was certainly not The Plan.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Like 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Wandering Snark said:

I agree, I heard 'Mora' a lot from her family. I think she was shocked and flustered though, as hers was the first to show up on the screens. Everyone else had time to process that they would be talking to their parents soon while "Mora" just had it thrust on her and had to respond so I give her a bit of slack for being freaked out, apparently.

Well, and it was on a screen in front of everyone so that probably felt weird too if you weren't expecting it.  

On 9/27/2020 at 11:09 AM, Ynicknan said:

Is she wearing lingerie underneath her cap and gown? Sigh. Congrats for graduating though!

She had this awkward small thing on when she did her interview with those girls, and kept pulling at it the whole time.  The vibe I got is that she has to show her boobs, so she wears these small little things no matter what.  It is fine if she wants to pay for her body parts, but they don't have to be out all of the time, lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Johnny is so whiny and always make it about him and his feelings. Can't believe Cely had to comfort him over something that he did wrong to her. If that isn't a red flag, i don't know what is, Celybird. Like duh, of course the families are going to bring up questionable things to clarify. He could take it as an opportunity to redeem himself but nope! 

I like me some Unclearington. He's a doofus but one that has potential to be a good partner some day when he has matured (which is not something I can say about Johnny). His parents seem cool too. Laurel and him are not gonna last outside the villa but you can't say he wasn't upfront with her. If they are just taking it as a summer camp fling, that's OK too! It's not like any of the Love Island couples last season lasted as well. They are all still so young and understandably not ready to settle down. This ain't the Bachelor. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

They didn’t say what the plan was. They were talking about Johnny’s hook up at Casa Amour. And dad exclaimed, “You didn’t stick with the plan!” Johnny laughed and said, “I know!” And dad said, “Well, when I was your age, I would have done the same thing,” presumably hooking up with a hot, willing participant other than your partner. So, they didn’t say, but it came off that Johnny planned to pair up with someone immediately and have a grand love story to win the money, but he didn’t stick with the plan by hooking up with Mercedes, and America turned on him. Otherwise, there’s no reasonable explanation I can think of of what the “plan” would have been that he would have told his dad before the show and before meeting “the love of his life.” 

Thanks guys for the info!  It kind of went fast, and I didn't catch all of this.

59 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I like me some Unclearington. He's a doofus but one that has potential to be a good partner some day when he has matured (which is not something I can say about Johnny). His parents seem cool too. Laurel and him are not gonna last outside the villa but you can't say he wasn't upfront with her. If they are just taking it as a summer camp fling, that's OK too! It's not like any of the Love Island couples last season lasted as well. They are all still so young and understandably not ready to settle down. This ain't the Bachelor. 

I felt so bad for him that he had to be introduced to Laurel's parents.  While I assume that SOME people wanted to meet their partners' parents, it's sooooooo awkward for the other couples.  

• Love 6

These last couple of nights have been boring to me.

No matter what he says I firmly believe that Carrington wants to be with Lakeyn but, just didn’t want to dump Laurel and be the bad guy.

Yes Cely and Johnny, The parents are going to talk about CA. 

Cely was always annoying in the morning but, those pans took the cake.

It will be funny to see these people with babies. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, TroopinFairy said:

Cely was always annoying in the morning but, those pans took the cake.

Yeah, I think that was the point that even she realized she'd gone too far. W/o Justine the next morning she did town it down to an "inside voice" wakeup greeting I noticed...

• Like 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yeah, I think that was the point that even she realized she'd gone too far. W/o Justine the next morning she did town it down to an "inside voice" wakeup greeting I noticed...

Her and Johnny's repeated dirge, "There's more to us than Casa Amor," is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on reality tv.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

Her and Johnny's repeated dirge, "There's more to us than Casa Amor," is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard on reality tv.

Yeah its like "loooooooookkkkk at us, we are in LOVE".  Its annoying and sooo fake.  Not that anyone else is really real at this point but they are by the worst.

If anyone is so inclined to vote to make sure Johnny's head explodes when he is not announced the winner, there is two days of voting--tonight and Tuesday.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, TroopinFairy said:

It will be funny to see these people with babies. 

There was an episode of Project Runway that did this and it was pretty funny.

23 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

What else are people going to talk about when it comes to them?  It's by far the most interesting thing about them.  LOL. 

• Love 4

Right now the only beef I have with Johnny is those little blue shorts he keeps wearing that make him look like he's built like a pug with his stout little frame and no neck. I like dogs but for personal reasons can't tolerate pugs.

If Cely wants to forgive the Casa Amor antics then there is no reason why I shouldn't.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Cely and Johnny wanna be Caleb and Justine SO bad lol. 

How awkward for Carrington's/Johnny's parents to have to be on a jumbotron and meet your son's booty call of a month who thinks they have a future in spite of his blatant bullshit and you have to be like "Well, our son's just a fuckboy...sorry about that!" ESPECIALLY Carrington's/Laurel's parents because of their daylight shower handjob on day 2 or whatever it was. With Carrington's parents fawning over his striptease, I half expected his mom to call Laurel over to critique her hand technique.

I love how Calvin/Moira's (so it's pronounced Maura when even the narrator was saying Moira?? What) was like "well you keep each other company...that's nice."

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, keke23 said:

Right now the only beef I have with Johnny is those little blue shorts he keeps wearing that make him look like he's built like a pug with his stout little frame and no neck. I like dogs but for personal reasons can't tolerate pugs.

If Cely wants to forgive the Casa Amor antics then there is no reason why I shouldn't.

I think Johnny looks like Larry the Lobster from Sponge-Bob with those blue shorts.

• LOL 5

If you haven’t been playing along from home thus far, download the Love Island app! We get to vote for the winners tonight AND tomorrow night after the shows!

So, is anyone here voting for anyone other than Caleb and Justine?!?

• Love 2

I didn't see the first 6 minutes. When I tuned in Moira and Calvin where sneaking out to go to bed outside. So apparently I missed a talk between Justine & Cely that must have left a bad taste in Cely's mouth?? I wonder was there any thing else interesting that I missed in that short period of time? Oh well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow when the episode is available for streaming.

Edited by Lacy4u
  • Love 2

Of course Johnny would go along with who Cely chose as the couple that should get kicked off. I guess those little blue shorts have made his balls disappear. Especially since Cely was egging Carrington into leaving Laurel to pursue a relationship with Lakeyn. Poor Laurel will be hurt once she finds out that Cely told Carrington that she likes him with Lakeyn more than with Laurel.

Edited by Lacy4u
  • LOL 2
42 minutes ago, Lacy4u said:

I didn't see the first 6 minutes. When I tuned in Moira and Calvin where sneaking out to go to bed outside. So apparently I missed a talk between Justine & Cely that must have left a bad taste in Cely's mouth?? I wonder was there any thing else interesting that I missed in that short period of time? Oh well, I guess I'll find out tomorrow when the episode is available for streaming.

Justine basically told Cely that Johnny was selfish.  She said he should be asking her how she is doing versus focusing on his feelings all of the time, and putting that on her.  Of course Cely was all like, it is all fine and I am not being walked all over.  Funny that Justine said what many are thinking.  Probably scored her even closer to the win.  

• Like 1
  • Love 8