Type keyword(s) to search

Sara Haines: Redux

falltime
  • Start Topic

Sara Haines is back for season 24. She  previously co-hosted The View from fall 2016 to summer 2018. 

I don't know if Sara previously had her own thread. I can't seem to find one.

If y'all want- post title suggestions if you have them so I can change the thread name.

• Love 2

Thank you for making a thread for Sara. She's probably the sweetest person who's been a View host. I know she's not the most opinionated when it comes to politics, but I like the softness she brings to the show, and I like hearing her thoughts about life in general. 

• Love 10

Is she different from her previous seasons on the show.

I've seen so many comments on social media about Sara seeming more .... I don't even know what to call it. Maybe conservative. People aren't liking it.

I had only started to occasionally watch The View when she left, so I don't remember much of her.

A few times while she filled in during this pandemic I was surprised by a question or response she gave. But those were the times that Meghun wasn't there so I just thought she was reading Meghun's blue cards.

7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Thank you for making a thread for Sara. She's probably the sweetest person who's been a View host. I know she's not the most opinionated when it comes to politics, but I like the softness she brings to the show, and I like hearing her thoughts about life in general. 

My thoughts exactly RH.  I think she's very down to earth w/ a great sense of humor and a genuine empathy for people.  Unfortunately people like MM sense to eat them for lunch and lick their chops.  The negativity will bury her under. Yes the maternity leave will give her a break but i worry about after that.  At least it will give her a chance to get her legs again and back in the groove.  I think getting back in studio again will help too.  I have to say, I'm watching the football games on today, and with no people in the stands it's SO quiet!  They score, no cheer.  Make a bad play, no boos.  Its weird, very very weird. 

• Love 5

I find it so interesting to look at behind the scenes. Sara's setup. It seems she is in another location in the studio. Previously she was on their stage. Whoopi was probably in studio to do her B-Day favorite things.

IMAG0788_1.jpg

10 hours ago, falltime said:

Whoopi was probably in studio to do her B-Day favorite things.

I don't think so. They had the favourite things on the main stage. And then they had Whoopi in front of a half curtain and the screen that showed her usual backdrop pretending to walk along in front of her fave things.

• Useful 1
On 11/2/2020 at 2:44 PM, CVC said:

Sarah has been chosen to host the American version of the British game show “The Chase”. It will feature the three Jeopardy Greatest of All Time champions rotating as the ‘chaser’ against the contestants.

https://tvline.com/2020/11/02/the-chase-abc-quiz-show-host-sara-haines/

You'd think they'd pick someone at least as smart and quick as Alex Trebek, not someone who reads their own opinions off teleprompters.

• Love 1
On 11/13/2020 at 4:40 PM, falltime said:

I find it so interesting to look at behind the scenes. Sara's setup. It seems she is in another location in the studio. Previously she was on their stage. Whoopi was probably in studio to do her B-Day favorite things.

IMAG0788_1.jpg

This is really interesting.  To see how the other half lives lol.  One thing i always wondered was how big the prompter was, because you never see them really squint to read it. Now i know why! Hah!  Even me, blind as a bat can read that...Sara.....  hehehe.  Seriously they would have to position mine as close as possible and not be in the shot.  I would have to lean waaaay forward to see it.  So she's basically watching the 3 monitors?  Why not put her in the control room.

On 11/14/2020 at 1:06 PM, deirdra said:

You'd think they'd pick someone at least as smart and quick as Alex Trebek, not someone who reads their own opinions off teleprompters.

Although Alex was highly intelligent, it wasn’t necessary for the job. Alex has the printed correct answers, although his disapproval of wrong answers was fun. 

Model Brooke Burns was the host of the previous rendition of T he Chase. I thought she did an excellent job, but all that was truly needed was a smiling, cheerful person who could read from the teleprompter. The “geniuses” provide the arrogant intelligence, not the host. I think Sara will do just fine, and I will watch. 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, AryasMum said:

Although Alex was highly intelligent, it wasn’t necessary for the job. Alex has the printed correct answers, although his disapproval of wrong answers was fun. 

It is the wrong answers and totally unpredictable write-in answers that requires quick thinking, a quick wit and comedic timing to respond. And he always did it in a humourous but compassionate way.  Few people can do that.  

And his seemingly effortless ad lib comments revealed his deeper knowledge of the right and wrong answers, such as mentioning the pound of flesh in the contestant's wrong Shakespearean play answer.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4

I will say this... on the first episode of The Chase Sara LOOKED great. Whoever styled her killed it. Good makeup, and that double breasted sleeveless blazer was fantastic.  There's also a white suit she wore in a lot of the promo material for the show that looked equally amazing. The stylist on The View (or she herself, broadcasting from home) hasn't done nearly as well with her. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Not getting Sara and Sunny wearing puffy sleeves on The View.

We know from 2 episodes in a row of The Chase that she's got great looking arms. The stylist on that show clearly realizes that. But whoever is assembling outfits for her on The View (be it Sara herself, or a Stylist on THAT show) seems to believe in ugly matronly puffy sleeves instead. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

We know from 2 episodes in a row of The Chase that she's got great looking arms. The stylist on that show clearly realizes that. But whoever is assembling outfits for her on The View (be it Sara herself, or a Stylist on THAT show) seems to believe in ugly matronly puffy sleeves instead. 

On the View Sara is all over the map with her wardrobe.  One day she looks nice and the next day she looks ridiculous.  When they were in the studio it was the same with Meghan.  Is there just one stylist for all the cohosts or does each cohost  have their own?  Joy and Sunny almost always look very well put together.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

I was watching The Chase last night, Kromm, and I was thinking the same thing.  Girlfriend's been working out!

Yeah, but it's also the stylist (and I guess the whole beauty team as well, given her great makeup and hair there). Not just the looks in the two episodes, but the look for the promos (not showing her arms, but damn she looked good). 

https://images.app.goo.gl/x1dPFvNEcei9ZXT49

https://images.app.goo.gl/qnf6L96VpDPfNB1bA

Versus stylists on The View, who clearly hate her, and make her look like this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/o7or3Rs2iykC4DMU9

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Kromm said:

Yeah, but it's also the stylist (and I guess the whole beauty team as well, given her great makeup and hair there). Not just the looks in the two episodes, but the look for the promos (not showing her arms, but damn she looked good). 

https://images.app.goo.gl/x1dPFvNEcei9ZXT49

https://images.app.goo.gl/qnf6L96VpDPfNB1bA

Versus stylists on The View, who clearly hate her, and make her look like this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/o7or3Rs2iykC4DMU9

Not to mention grandma's crimplene jumpsuit. 

Even today, she looked horrible. She is a beautiful woman, how hard can it be?

• Love 3
8 hours ago, bannana said:

Not to mention grandma's crimplene jumpsuit. 

Even today, she looked horrible. She is a beautiful woman, how hard can it be?

It shouldn't be. Skinny body, but a decent shape. Pretty, youngish face. Coloration that all stylists should have tons of experience with. Thus the theory, someone at The View hates her. 

Was her look so bad on the show with Strahan? I really didn't watch it. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Kromm said:

It shouldn't be. Skinny body, but a decent shape. Pretty, youngish face. Coloration that all stylists should have tons of experience with. Thus the theory, someone at The View hates her. 

I didnt think so

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I like that she has a sense of humour about the ridiculousness of some of those outfits that they put her in.

I still wonder why The View people seem to hate her so much whereas The Chase people actually made her look consistently good. A whole bunch more Chase episodes have come out since I last posted about this six weeks ago, and she's continued to look good in all of them.

Is it as simple as less appearances?  It can't be.  The Chase folks seem to understand that pastels look like crap on TV, that a little sex appeal is a good thing, that Sara's got good arms and looks good in slim fit clothes, while The View aesthetic seems to be stuck somewhere between "circus clown" and "granny".

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Kromm said:

I still wonder why The View people seem to hate her so much whereas The Chase people actually made her look consistently good. A whole bunch more Chase episodes have come out since I last posted about this six weeks ago, and she's continued to look good in all of them.

Is it as simple as less appearances?  It can't be.  The Chase folks seem to understand that pastels look like crap on TV, that a little sex appeal is a good thing, that Sara's got good arms and looks good in slim fit clothes, while The View aesthetic seems to be stuck somewhere between "circus clown" and "granny".

Sarah is gorgeous and has a rocking body after having had 3 babies back to back.  She would look good in so many outfits..

• Love 6
On 1/16/2021 at 10:19 AM, Kromm said:

This is a good point. Sara is a thin, very conventionally attractive, all-American blonde. There are women who are extremely beautiful, but if they are more exotic, have coloring that isn't common, bodies that are harder to dress, I'd get it being trickier for the View stylists. It should be easy to make Sara look good.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I was surprised Sara said she was a clinger who got dumped a lot. She's so pretty and so sweet. I'd figure men would flock to her and she'd be the one doing most of the dumping. 

When she was on The View (the first time), she talked about her life as a single gal ... it didn't sound like much fun for her.  Although very pretty, she was very needy, so her love life wasn't a good experience.  She said her husband did a lot of work with her in therapy to help her mind-set.  I think she's an awesome gal & way more intelligent than some people believe she is ... just sayin'!

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

When she was on The View (the first time), she talked about her life as a single gal ... it didn't sound like much fun for her.  Although very pretty, she was very needy, so her love life wasn't a good experience.  She said her husband did a lot of work with her in therapy to help her mind-set.  I think she's an awesome gal & way more intelligent than some people believe she is ... just sayin'!

I feel the same! Sara is one of the sweetest people on TV, and just because she's not super political doesn't mean she's not a smart person. I think she grasps things pretty easily. She's just not someone who wanted to be a pundit and arguing isn't her thing either. 

• Love 13

She’s been doing much much better lately, presenting her views without trying to not offend anyone. Her comments have been well thought out and clearly articulated. She has been making more sense than anyone except maybe Sunny. 

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

When they were  talking about the overreaction to the Taylor Swift story she said she wished that she had dated more as a single lady..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

When they were  talking about the overreaction to the Taylor Swift story she said she wished that she had dated more as a single lady..

If I remember correctly, Sara said she got intimate way too soon & stalked the guy(s) until they told her to go away.  I may be wrong, but ...

• Useful 1
47 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

If I remember correctly, Sara said she got intimate way too soon & stalked the guy(s) until they told her to go away.  I may be wrong, but ...

Are you talking about today or in the past? I remember in the past she has said what you posted..

5 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

Sorry I wasn't clear ... I meant in the past.

No worries.  Sarah is a sweetheart and it is a shame she has to deal with a hostile person like Nutmeg..

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Kromm said:

Heh. 

I'm thinking unlike The Princess of Arizona, on her Social Media posts, Sara full well knows she looks ridiculous.  Good for her. 

Unlike the Princess of Arizona, Sara also has a wicked sense of humor and enjoys being self deprecating.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Unlike the Princess of Arizona, Sara also has a wicked sense of humor and enjoys being self deprecating.  

She has much more in common with Meghan's idol (Dolly Parton) than Meghan herself does. Sara's a bit like what you'd get if you made Dolly Parton talk politics. 

• Love 6