Type keyword(s) to search

Sara Haines: Redux

falltime
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kromm said:

I thought part of her looking better on The Chase (aside from the better makeup and hair) was the color palate (solid whites, blacks, golds, etc) but now I think it's just solid colors, period. Thst Orangey-Peach works much better than I'd have assumed. 

Sara does look best in solid colors - especially green and blue. I can't wait to see the new season of The Chase.

• Love 3

Those pants shouldn't work, but they actually do. It's probably the contrast with the top (plus, that's clearly The Chase's stylists' bent for showing Sara's arms on that show).

• Love 9

It's SO weird to me that Sara's clothes and makeup are so much better in L.A.  I mean NYC is not some backwater shithole. The Garment District is like... a mile and a half away. 

• Love 7
(edited)

It is so weird to me that ABC's NYC fashionistas have been putting Sarah, MeAgain and even Sunny in busy, flouncy tops that look like baby-doll-pajamas or maternity tops.  Ugly and unflattering to all.  I think Joy must have said "I'll dress myself"; we know Whoopi does.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11

It bugs me though when they have her in this dress, which is fine when you can see her full body, like during VYD. But when you see her just basically upper body, that dress looked horrible on her. An easy fix if they don't want to do a wardrobe change is to add a jacket,, a shrug, a shawl or something. But today, with those lime green straps and nothing else, it looked weird and unflattering.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, bannana said:

It bugs me though when they have her in this dress, which is fine when you can see her full body, like during VYD. But when you see her just basically upper body, that dress looked horrible on her. An easy fix if they don't want to do a wardrobe change is to add a jacket,, a shrug, a shawl or something. But today, with those lime green straps and nothing else, it looked weird and unflattering.

I agree. I would have assumed she was in a tank top and shorts, ready to take the kids to the park.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, bannana said:

1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

I agree. I would have assumed she was in a tank top and shorts, ready to take the kids to the park.

I thought it was just me that thought it looked weird.   I didn't care for her hair either.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, bannana said:

It's very booty-positive, but you're not seeing her booty on TV. 

I'll give her credit for being cheeky (pun intended) in that post. I don't know which platform that was, but there's clearly a trend of her being proud of her ass, because here's a recent Instagram post I just found... 

IMG-20210525-164813.jpg

I hope the duck lips are a joke, because it's the one part of that image I can't stand... She does seem to be fighting off a smile if you zoom in on her lips. 

She's also got a makeup free video a few Instagram posts earlier, so there's that. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Kromm said:

It's very booty-positive, but you're not seeing her booty on TV. 

I'll give her credit for being cheeky (pun intended) in that post. I don't know which platform that was, but there's clearly a trend of her being proud of her ass, because here's a recent Instagram post I just found... 

IMG-20210525-164813.jpg

I hope the duck lips are a joke, because it's the one part of that image I can't stand... She does seem to be fighting off a smile if you zoom in on her lips. 

She's also got a makeup free video a few Instagram posts earlier, so there's that. 

Sarah said she took this picture for her husband :)

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

In addition to her backside, I was also looking at her dressing table to try and figure out what a Sara Haines puts in her rider, then speculating against that what The Princess of Arizona likely puts in hers. 

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

Sara has a pretty face, nice little figure & a great butt, along with a lovely personality.  10/10

I can see why she gets catcalled, mask or no mask. 

1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Sarah said she took this picture for her husband :)

He must be a butt guy. 

59 minutes ago, Kromm said:

In addition to her backside, I was also looking at her dressing table to try and figure out what a Sara Haines puts in her rider, then speculating against that what The Princess of Arizona likely puts in hers. 

Oh geez, knowing her, the flag and the Constitution. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I caught the last few minutes of The Chase last night and it was pretty entertaining.  Loved that the 2 Jeopardy guys had a running commentary during the competition, but I would suggest in the future they do their snarking from the balcony, a la Statler and Waldorf.  (I'm guessing the three guys rotate playing the game?)  Sara was adorable, of course.

• Love 3

What is your favorite Sara moment? Mine has to be when they discussed the Jeffrey Toobin scandal. Sara's helpless giggling was even funnier next to the stoic Sunny and Whoopi. 😂😂😂😂😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Haleth said:

(I'm guessing the three guys rotate playing the game?) 

Yes. The first season was nine episodes, giving each of the three Jeopardy GOATs three episodes to play in. I don't know how the trajectory will work now with Mark "The Beast" Labbett joining the show. The new season premieres tonight. Sara really does a good job as the host. Plus, they really pull out all the stops for her hair, makeup and wardrobe. 😊

• Love 1

There is definitely something weird going on with Sara's make-up. A while back her make-up was quite harsh, and I thought that she must have had a procedure done. because her eyebrows were suddenly really arched, and everything about her face looked tight and weird.

Then we come to this week and she is back to her lovely self. She needs to get control of those idiot make-up artists.

Personal story: Many years ago, it was my birthday and a party was going to happen that evening. I received a spa gift of a massage and make-up. It was absolutely the worst massage I ever had, caused a migraine. Then I sat down for the make-up, which at that point I didn't really want to have, but whatever.  (This was in a swishy expensive neighbourhood, btw.)

The young woman from another country had no idea on how to do make-up, it was so incredibly bizarre, I had never seen a thing like it before. I left, with a migraine from my massage, and some kind of weird, but not even close to as good as David Bowie make-up and went home to my birthday party!

• Love 3

According to WENDY WILLIAMS today Sara is leaving the show, too. 

She first covered MM's announcement that she's leaving the show . 

She then said ABC will have two seats to fill, because Sara is also leaving the end of this season - which caught everyone by surprise, but she thought Sara already announced it. She assured everyone it's true - Sarah is going, too. (She also said Sara is 'easily replaceable'). 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, tableau vivant said:

According to WENDY WILLIAMS today Sara is leaving the show, too. 

She first covered MM's announcement that she's leaving the show . 

She then said ABC will have two seats to fill, because Sara is also leaving the end of this season - which caught everyone by surprise, but she thought Sara already announced it. She assured everyone it's true - Sarah is going, too. (She also said Sara is 'easily replaceable'). 

I just saw that also!! Wonder if is true??? Is it really her last season??

Wendy doesn't really like Sara but does like Whoppi, Joy and Ana!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Rightside said:

I just saw that also!! Wonder if is true??? Is it really her last season??

Wendy doesn't really like Sara but does like Whoppi, Joy and Ana!

Wendy is usually correct in gossip - she does have her team of 'insiders' at different TV shows and networks. I believe she knows what she's talking about, and I believe it's true.  I think she innocently jumped the gun because she really thought Sara had made her announcement already. 

She does like Whoopi and Joy, and she admittedly has grown to appreciate MM on the show. It's obvious she doesn't like Sara - and I don't think Sunny, either. She does like Ana. 

She did say this is her second favorite show on daytime TV (hers is first, of course). 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Yep, you got that right!!

Did Meghan not tell the others she was leaving before she announced it on the air? Wendy said it!

Wendy does trip up on facts/names quite often and Norman has to correct her.

Edited by Rightside
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

According to Wendy, she didn't inform her cohosts she was leaving until she made the announcement (or it broke in the media the night before).  I think she knows her stuff.

Also, if ABC was firing her, Wendy would've said this. Definitely. She would've given the reasons, too. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, tableau vivant said:

Wendy is usually correct in gossip - she does have her team of 'insiders' at different TV shows and networks. I believe she knows what she's talking about, and I believe it's true.  I think she innocently jumped the gun because she really thought Sara had made her announcement already. 

She does like Whoopi and Joy, and she admittedly has grown to appreciate MM on the show. It's obvious she doesn't like Sara - and I don't think Sunny, either. She does like Ana. 

She did say this is her second favorite show on daytime TV (hers is first, of course). 

Wendy is a lowlife who is often wrong and spreads her nonsense as facts..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I hope Sara isn't leaving, but I can't help having thought, since McCain's exit came out, that it would be better if they had two seats to fill (one with Ana and then a second conservative). At the same time, I definitely did not want Sunny go (assuming Joy's and Whoopi's jobs are both secure). Sara is a longtime ABC employee and I think the only reason she came back to this show at all is to have an income this year after GMA's third hour attempt failed. It's my understanding she gets moved around ABC all over the place; she had originally been put on The View to help calm down the mayhem at the show following Rosie's exit. You could tell she didn't really like having to deal with McCain again, but soldiered through it. I wouldn't be surprised if she had been looking for other options all season in order to make her return to The View as short as possible since McCain was still there, not knowing McCain would end up out herself. Maybe she sees The Chase as being enough for her for now? *shrug* If she does leave, she could just as easily end up back on the show in a couple of years if The Chase doesn't last. LOL

I personally like what Sara adds to this show. That said, I do think the show would be better off if they could have a second conservative to go with Ana, actually. It wouldn't bother me though if Ana was the only new hire (as far as being full-time for the first time).

• Love 6

I don't dislike Sara as a person but she was never right for The View. She was so in over her head when they were in the studio and was lost at times. She couldn't pick a side and just went back and forth.

Once they went virtual, she was given scripted responses (probably most of them were to some degree) but she would read what she was given looking down at her notes and probably a teleprompter. That being said, Meghan was horrible to her.

Ana won't be the full time new hire when they go back in the studio but she be the best choice.  She's in Florida!!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Rightside said:

I don't dislike Sara as a person but she was never right for The View. She was so in over her head when they were in the studio and was lost at times. She couldn't pick a side and just went back and forth.

Once they went virtual, she was given scripted responses (probably most of them were to some degree) but she would read what she was given looking down at her notes and probably a teleprompter. That being said, Meghan was horrible to her.

I wouldn't mind Sara leaving.  Yeah, when they were in the studio, I kept wanting to yell at her, "Pick a side!"  And I agree that her responses since they've been doing the show remotely are very mechanical sounding.  I definitely think she's reading a teleprompter.  I'm not saying the others aren't, but I notice more off-the-cuff responses from some of the others, especially Joy.  That being said, I think Sara is probably one of the sweetest and kindest people in show business and I'd love to be friends with her. 

• Love 3