Type keyword(s) to search

Sara Haines: Redux

falltime
  • Start Topic

We'll find out if she's leaving soon. If Ana were only able to film half the week at most due to her being in Florida, perhaps Sara could fill in the other half since she's often flying over to film The Chase herself. That would leave one other seat open for someone new, who would be there every day.

Wendy didn't hide the fact she's really not a fan of Sara and Sunny and both are easily replaceable.

However, she really likes Whoopi and Joy - she knows they're the backbone of the show right now - and would find them hard to replace.  She also said quite nicely, she had to warm up to Meghan the first season, and once she did - she understood what her role was on the panel and respects her for what she does. She may not agree with MM on all the issues, but she believes MM brings an awful lot to the show along with WG and JB - and keeps the show at the top spot. She also likes Ana. 

When she announced Sara was leaving the end of this season, she did go to cute Norman, who said he didn't hear that. She assured him it's true - done deal at ABC that Sara is leaving. They were expecting that, but not MM's notice she was leaving, too. 

A side note - as for Ana, don't forget she's also employed (part time) at CNN. For her to go to ABC full time and join The View may not be legally permissable right now, and ABC may not want to spend the money to buy her out of her CNN contract. They may wish to keep her PT as a fill-in, and find some new name for the fourth and fifth seats. 

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

We'll find out if she's leaving soon. If Ana were only able to film half the week at most due to her being in Florida, perhaps Sara could fill in the other half since she's often flying over to film The Chase herself. That would leave one other seat open for someone new, who would be there every day.

A flip flop of Sara and Ana would be a disaster. Sara is better off in the game show, latest shampoo, and brownie recipe world.  If they need two new co-hosts, then they need two people who will be there everyday and Ana on Friday, if Whoopi if still going to be off.

Ana has her mega mansion in FLA, Al is established there and it is where he golfs and didn't her parents move in with her??

10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Ana seems like a happy person in Florida, living a great life with her hubby and ChaCha. The View is a huge show though, and I'm sure she'd be paid handsomely. I wonder if she'd be open to moving. 

I doubt she needs the money and has probably turned down the offer before.  

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, General Days said:

I do wonder if Meghan timed her announcement to steal Sara's thunder. That would be very Meghanesque.

Why would I not be surprised? 

Wendy Williams definitely did, if it is true!!

I hope Sara DOES NOT LEAVE...and if something was in the works, perhaps Meghan's announcement can nip it in the bud.   Sara plays whatever persona ABC needs wherever they need her.  She may receive "scripted responses," but I feel that she knows her stuff.  She has a BA in Government from Smith College, so there was an interest early on.  I've seen Sara give strong opinions and stick to her guns.

She seems to avoid conflict, and now that The Queen of Conflict is moving on, things should be much better.  At least for me.

• Love 8
(edited)

"Sara says the so-called bad blood between Meghan and the other cohosts is not why she's bouncing. Simply put ... Sara says the pandemic made Meghan re-assess what matters to her right now ... and it's being in D.C. full time with her baby girl"

Hmmm, anyone believe that? That is only reason Meghan is bouncing!!

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/03/the-view-sara-haines-talks-meghan-mccain-exit-conservative/

Is Sara really next???

Edited by Rightside
13 minutes ago, Rightside said:

"Sara says the so-called bad blood between Meghan and the other cohosts is not why she's bouncing. Simply put ... Sara says the pandemic made Meghan re-assess what matters to her right now ... and it's being in D.C. full time with her baby girl"

https://www.tmz.com/2021/07/03/the-view-sara-haines-talks-meghan-mccain-exit-conservative/

Is Sara really next???

I certainly hope not.  I know its premature, but things like these tend to just drop from the sky. So it would be great to have the opportunity to be ready to go from jump.  Usually we have to waaaaaait.  If its a rumor, say so.  Not that it would be believed  but give fans a chance to voice why they're wanting to save Sara's job.  Again, if its true. I'm trying to stay up, but that would suck on so many levels.

39 minutes ago, Rightside said:

Is Sara really next???

I hope not Rightside.  But you know the more people that panic, the bigger smirk on this parting chick's face.  I wouldnt doubt it if she or her camp started a rumor, knowing it would cause a panic.  Just to say goodbye on her way out.   Just keep your fingers xrossed.

(edited)
6 hours ago, tableau vivant said:

Wendy didn't hide the fact she's really not a fan of Sara and Sunny and both are easily replaceable.

I watched Wendy's re-run last night, and I don't agree with your summation... She didn't say anything of the kind, imo? All she said is that as long as Joy and Whoopi are there, the show will continue on no matter who stays or goes. In fact, she complimented Sunny at great length from what I saw....

6 hours ago, Rightside said:

A flip flop of Sara and Ana would be a disaster. Sara is better off in the game show, latest shampoo, and brownie recipe world.  If they need two new co-hosts, then they need two people who will be there everyday and Ana on Friday, if Whoopi if still going to be off.

For one, I do not agree with you that either one of them are a disaster. They were both on the show as they reached peak ratings, so it stands to reason they aren't a deterrent in the slightest, that's for sure. Secondly, you must've misunderstood me, since what I spoke of was how nice an idea it would be if they had one new person in one seat while Ana and Sara filled the other seat intermittently since they both have obligations to CNN and The Chase, respectively.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Rightside said:

Ana has her mega mansion in FLA, Al is established there and it is where he golfs and didn't her parents move in with her??

I doubt she needs the money and has probably turned down the offer before.  

Maybe they can make a deal where she can remote in a couple times a week

4 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

I hope Sara DOES NOT LEAVE...and if something was in the works, perhaps Meghan's announcement can nip it in the bud.   Sara plays whatever persona ABC needs wherever they need her.  She may receive "scripted responses," but I feel that she knows her stuff.  She has a BA in Government from Smith College, so there was an interest early on.  I've seen Sara give strong opinions and stick to her guns.

She seems to avoid conflict, and now that The Queen of Conflict is moving on, things should be much better.  At least for me.

Could be she was planning to leave, citing McCain as her reason for not wanting to stay any longer than she has to, and that was ABC's final straw to finally kick McCain to the curb. ABC was already looking into the show because of the ratings and awards nominations losses the past couple of months, and McCain had got into fights with Joy and Whoopi as well as reportedly storming out of a meeting with the ABC president (incredibly rude to do that to your boss). Then a long-time ABC employee comes and says she doesn't want to work on this show if she has the choice and insinuates the reason is McCain's toxicity? That could've swayed them that McCain was the problem (since they clearly haven't been watching the show like the viewers have to know that without a doubt). Who knows, Sara may have changed her mind after finding out McCain was leaving.

• Love 2
(edited)
47 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I watched Wendy's re-run last night, and I don't agree with your summation... She didn't say anything of the kind, imo? All she said is that as long as Joy and Whoopi are there, the show will continue on no matter who stays or goes. In fact, she complimented Sunny at great length from what I saw....

For one, I do not agree with you that either one of them are a disaster. They were both on the show as they reached peak ratings, so it stands to reason they aren't a deterrent in the slightest, that's for sure. Secondly, you must've misunderstood me, since what I spoke of was how nice an idea it would be if they had one new person in one seat while Ana and Sara filled the other seat intermittently since they both have obligations to CNN and The Chase, respectively.

I'm not saying that Sara and Ana are disasters.

I'm saying if they have Sara for two days and week when she is not there have Ana the rest of the week, that would be a disaster. Flipping between the two of them, would be a problem regardless of how long they did it.

Edited by Rightside
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Is Sara really next???

I believe that when we make big decisions, there are often a number of reasons for it.  Think of any time you left a job, or a relationship, or a friendship.  There might be one BIG reason, but sometimes there are several reasons combined.  

2 hours ago, Rightside said:

Here's Wendy. She says it is Sara's last season.

It begins at 2:55 and at 4:14 she starts to talk about Sunny.

Yes, as said before, I saw it... She didn't say anything negative about Sunny? She did admit anyone on the show (including McCain) could go and the show would survive as long as Whoopi and Joy are still there, since they are the backbone of the show. I agree. Either one of them leaving would take a chunk of viewers with them--which is why a likewise big name would have to replace them. All big names like them (or Rosie, for example) bring fans with them when they come to a show and take them when they leave.

• Love 1
(edited)

Has everybody forgotten that what's happening is exactly what we wished for.  That having a baby and an ongoing pandemic would make her want to stay home.  Thank You Higher Power. 🙃

P.s.  what's that quote.....ours is not question why...i don't know the rest.  It may be biblical.  Im sure someone knows

Edited by ForumLou
Add
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I stand corrected - she did say she liked Sunny a lot. But she said there are a lot of girls who have her (Sunny) spirit with that law degree and her knowledge  - same with Meghan and Sara and they can all be replaced. 

As for Sara's exit, she said it's been announced - I'm assuming she meant to the other cohosts, because this came right after she said MM didn't announce it to the other girls before she went on air on Thursday morning. 

Edited by tableau vivant
4 hours ago, Tammy12 said:

I really like Sara and hope that rumor of her leaving is just a rumor. Her recent likes on Twitter seem to hint at such: 

image.thumb.png.9a5d46c49d61abaa64680fb332f21176.png

Wonder why Sara didn't set the record straight herself on Twitter and say it wasn't true, rather than 'like' someone else's tweet ? That doesn't make sense. If it weren't true, wouldn't she say this herself ? 

I have a feeling she may be upset Wendy took her thunder away. We shall soon see...

• Useful 1

I just heard on the radio there is something called the Three Drink Rule and it goes like this: 

"If you work at a desk in an office, three desk beverages is the ideal number to keep by your side. The first is water. The second is a source of caffeine. The third is something fun—a juice, a soda, a glass of wine on Friday afternoon (if your office is like that), a kombucha (if you are like that)."

So Sara isn't crazy (or at least not about this☺️)

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Sara was wonderful today and her compassion for Tyler.

Even something Whoopi can't do...

Tyler has a whole studio in his name. Whoopi just has a building.

Yet it was so odd she was so proud of that yet it was Sunny and especially Joy comforting him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1