Type keyword(s) to search

S02: Week 2: August 30, 2020-September 5, 2020

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, mertensia said:

What a royal douchebag James is. Mispronouncing Moira repeatedly. Good riddance.

How did making an announcement goof up Moira's knee?

@Stan39 I just gotta know how exactly Kierstan is well-known in Austin.

Also, "power couple"? On this show, Lauren?

Austin is a big small town, if that makes sense. Everybody knows everybody, and if you’re a bartender at one of the more popular downtown clubs, chances are the whole city knows your business. To be fair, being a bartender Kierstan deals almost exclusively with guys like Carrington coming into the club. As much as people talk about keeping Austin weird, it’s now overrun with people like Kierstan and Carrington. Kierstan herself is just looking for fame and rich guys to buy her stuff/live the Kardashian life on Instagram. That’s what she’s looking for. Unless Carrington can buy her stuff or take her out on his yacht/private jet, I think she’s just using him. To be fair, Carrington is just horny and wants to get into Kierstan’s pants. I don’t really see any substance in either of them. 

• Love 6

As much as I enjoyed Mackenzie handing it to James then she has to turn around and be super possessive. Connor did NOTHING wrong. He was playing along with the game with very chaste kisses. She needs to chill.

Also good riddance to James. And frankly Jeremeiah since I can't understand a word he says. 

• Love 6

Why does this season suck so much? Any ideas? I’m trying to figure it out. I know it’s early, but don’t we normally see more of the cast interacting with one another? Aren’t there usually more 1:1 dates? It seems like there are fewer opportunities for things to mix up. I get that everyone is coupled up, but I feel like we normally get more of the girls talking about their relationships amongst themselves and ditto for the guys. There are usually more petty problems bouncing around the villa, but this season it seems like each couple is off on their own to deal with stuff (except for James and Moira, obviously). 

Maybe they just don’t care about each other, but I feel like in past seasons Connor would go to the guys about Mackenzie’s red flags and planted more seeds of doubt. And/or it would have gotten back to Mackenzie that he was talking to the guys and she would have flipped out. 

It’ll be interesting to see if there really is any pressure on these people to break up. So far, James and Jeremiah basically self sabotaged and self destructed. Maybe Lauren can stir things up, but I doubt she can do much at this point. Anybody know if they plan on doing a “casa Amor” this season? Or where they’d even do that? Take the guys to the floor below for a day? The show needs something because I don’t really like any of these couples (though, surprisingly, I like Rachel and Caleb together. They seem the most normal and put together. I just hope Caleb isn’t a player.) 

• Love 2

I think the problem is compared to the UK show, this show does the re-coupling and/or dumping too quickly. Maybe this is due to fewer episodes? It actually creates more drama when they are allowed to stew by themselves without recoupling/dumping opportunities. And we would not have lost Kaitlynn too soon.

I gave Mackenzie the benefit of doubt after her first meltdown over someone's joke of her own "joke". Connor had to mollycoddle her then and he had to do it again. Lame excuse of her getting upset that someone took half a day to tell you their feelings. People need time to process their emotions before too, Mackenzie! She's a mess.

Jeremiah looked like he couldn't wait to be out of there.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I think the problem is compared to the UK show, this show does the re-coupling and/or dumping too quickly. Maybe this is due to fewer episodes? It actually creates more drama when they are allowed to stew by themselves without recoupling/dumping opportunities. And we would not have lost Kaitlynn too soon.

I gave Mackenzie benefit of doubt after her first meltdown over someone's joke of her own "joke". Connor had to molly coddle her then and he had to do it again. Lame excuse of her getting upset that someone took half a day to tell you their feelings. People need time to process their emotions before too, Mackenzie! She's a mess.

Jeremiah looked like he couldn't wait to be out of there.

I think Mackenzie’s a classic case of being able to dish it out but not take it. Had Connor approached her the night before to talk I’m sure she would have gotten upset that he wasn’t giving her space and time to cool off. If she has an issue she expects it to be addressed on her terms, but someone has an issue with her she can’t handle it and runs away crying then makes up an excuse. As I said, I think she’s (intentionally or not) extremely manipulative and probably can’t be in a healthy relationship until she deals with her issues. Connor is actually a really nice, genuine guy who has a right to his feelings and actually has a healthy approach to dealing with conflict, and IMO she’s blowing it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

As I said, I think she’s (intentionally or not) extremely manipulative and probably can’t be in a healthy relationship until she deals with her issues. Connor is actually a really nice, genuine guy who has a right to his feelings and actually has a healthy approach to dealing with conflict, and IMO she’s blowing it.

Totally agree. What Connor did there was the right thing. Instead of going off in the heat of the moment (like James), he just tried to lay low and process his feelings before he confronts her. Mackenzie is just highly insecure. She's acting this way because she is afraid Connor is going to leave her and if she keeps this up, he might. How she got so pressed over 2 pecks in a show like Love Island and during a game baffled me. She said because he "leaned in". Of course he had to literally lean in, those women are all shorter than him.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 9

I have so much to say for this silly show so bear with me.

-  The weekly threads drive me bonkers.  I'll be in here, laughing at everyone's tweets, and then suddenly everyone's posting about something and I don't even realize an episode is on somewhere.  Where I live, they air at totally random times -- it's been 8 pm, 9 pm, and 10 pm randomly based on whatever reality show they want to put as the prime time choice.  So then I have to run out of the thread so I don't get spoiled!  Sigh!

- I loved Tre saying, "How could you ever be mad at Connor?  I mean look at his beard?"  

- Connor gets hotter every day.  Caleb is also gorgeous.

- J & J Jingles, you know?

- I like Arielle and all, but every time I see her, I think of a duck.  

Good soundtrack tonight:  Poker Face by Lady Gaga, Lose you to Love Me by Selena Gomez, Confident by Demi Lovato.

I'm not really getting Unibrow Lauren yet.  She doesn't seem better looking than the women that are already there. 

Moira kind of looks like Jill Goodacre.  High praise, I know.  I know there's another actress I'm missing too, though.

jill-goodacre-6.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Canadian Girl said:

If Calvin says he likes to travel she'll be hearing wedding bells!! 

I don't want to hate on someone who is just stupid, so I'll try to be nice, but Moira is just kind of stupid.  How young is Calvin again?  I can't believe he tells Moira that one of the things he likes about her is that she doesn't need a lot of makeup.  God, that's not a personality trait.  And of course Moira is STUNNED by this AMAZING REVELATION.  

I guess Mackenzie can dish confrontation but not take it?  Connor was trying to be honest and she called it a "bombardment".  Sigh.  I have to say I find it kind of sweet that somebody that looks so typically trophy wife is that insecure.  I know that people find it manipulative, but I think she's just young and needs to learn more.  Connor is an extremely patient, straightforward person.

One more thing.  I HATE, HATE that Arielle and the show use "Girl" and "Boy".  All of these people are in their 20s.  They're men/women.  That really drives me up the wall.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Why does this season suck so much? Any ideas? I’m trying to figure it out. I know it’s early, but don’t we normally see more of the cast interacting with one another? Aren’t there usually more 1:1 dates? It seems like there are fewer opportunities for things to mix up. I get that everyone is coupled up, but I feel like we normally get more of the girls talking about their relationships amongst themselves and ditto for the guys. There are usually more petty problems bouncing around the villa, but this season it seems like each couple is off on their own to deal with stuff (except for James and Moira, obviously). 

Maybe they just don’t care about each other, but I feel like in past seasons Connor would go to the guys about Mackenzie’s red flags and planted more seeds of doubt. And/or it would have gotten back to Mackenzie that he was talking to the guys and she would have flipped out. 

It’ll be interesting to see if there really is any pressure on these people to break up. So far, James and Jeremiah basically self sabotaged and self destructed. Maybe Lauren can stir things up, but I doubt she can do much at this point. Anybody know if they plan on doing a “casa Amor” this season? Or where they’d even do that? Take the guys to the floor below for a day? The show needs something because I don’t really like any of these couples (though, surprisingly, I like Rachel and Caleb together. They seem the most normal and put together. I just hope Caleb isn’t a player.) 

There is something lacking, and I don't think it is so much that there are existing couples as there was last season too.  It just seems like there aren't enough people in general to mix things up.  For example the girl that went first would have been a great one to have around to meet some of the new guys.  She was good about talking with everyone and being open to trying out different relationships.  It was a shame she had to go versus some of them that are really not doing much of anything.

I also wonder if these shows should allow a certain amount of extra people, even if one or two, to keep things interesting all of the time.  Still have recoupling and some people going home, but an allowance for a couple not in a relationship to be there to bring about the possibility of change in the relationships.

I guess it makes no sense to have new people come on when there is hardly anyone available, or in some cases the new people get to stay while the older ones are forced out and never had a chance to meet anyone new.

• Like 1

These people confuse me. Mackenzie seems like she'd be a great best friend, but pretty much the worst girlfriend ever. I do think she's really insecure, and something about her makes me think she might have some abuse in her past so I don't want to crack on her too hard, but I reserve the right to change my mind depending on how she acts in the future and how mean I'm feeling at the time.

Also, what happened with Jeremiah? He was completely into Rachel and then all of a sudden he wasn't. It was sad though when he was leaving and everyone was crying. Then they cut to Calvin, who's only been there a minute but was like,

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF

and I was dead.

8 hours ago, mertensia said:

How did making an announcement goof up Moira's knee?

She started doing a goofy dance and popped it. And this is why you don't tell certain embarrassing stories because when she suddenly stopped dancing with a look of horror on her face, for a second there, I thought she'd crapped her pants.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Moira kind of looks like Jill Goodacre.  High praise, I know.  I know there's another actress I'm missing too, though.

I FIGURED IT OUT....... I think

Natascha McElhone from "Californication" and "Solaris".

4cJbNE_0Wn8WG3l00.jpeg natascha-mcelhone-hs.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Also, what happened with Jeremiah? He was completely into Rachel and then all of a sudden he wasn't. It was sad though when he was leaving and everyone was crying.

Yeah! I mean I don’t watch this show super closely but I feel like I missed something. At Roulette he kissed Moira, then he and Rachel talked the next day and he said he wasn’t that into her anymore.  But what happened before? He’s certainly allowed to change feelings but I feel like something happened and they chose not to air it.  

• Love 2

I said it once and I’ll say it again, Mackenzie is as bad as James. They’re both insecure and manipulative, possessive, and shut people down. I’m glad people chose Connor to go on the date because I don’t for one second believe Mackenzie would be happier if Lauren had picked Connor. Like Lauren said, she felt afraid of Mackenzie when she had nothing to do with the pick, imagine how Mackenzie would treat her if she dared choose Connor for a date. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Wow, Connor practically ran down those stairs to go on his date with Lauren.   I've never seen someone so happy to escape the crazy like he just did.   

Even if Lauren ends up with one of others you know Connor is beginning to see the massive red flags surrounding Mackenzie so Casa Amor will be his escape.

And kudos to Justine for being like Jeremiah and being honest about how she was feeling.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Okay, Lauren is better-looking than I thought. I feel bad for my earlier comment.  L O L. 

Johnny was about to lose me with going crazy over her though.  They're all acting insane just because she's new blood, I think.  

Connor's muscles in that black shirt,,, ooohhhhhhhhhh me oh my.  Plus his complete patience and maturity in every situation ... ohhh (Fanning self) don't mind me I am acting like Moira with every guy on this show.

Kierstan is sooooooo good looking in my opinion.  I would assume she's so far out of Carrington's league, yet, he's in the driver's seat now!

Poor Tre!!!!!!!!

America:  Let's make Mackenzie go crazy haha ha

Mackenzie:  (goes crazy)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

America:  Let's make Mackenzie go crazy haha ha

Mackenzie:  (goes crazy)

Someone on Twitter just pointed out that it was America AND Canada that took her boyfriend away since Canadians are allowed to download the app and vote too.   Kinda makes it even more funny.  

• Love 5

RUN CONNOR RUN! Mackenzie has red flags and sirens blazing.

Mackenzie, America(and Canada) just want to give Connor options because you won’t let him talk to any of girls in the Villa alone. Connor was trying to talk to Lauren in the bathroom or makeup room or whatever and there’s Mackenzie draping herself all over him. I don’t like clingy people. I wish that Connor would man up and just tell her how he REALLY feels.

I voted for Johnny because they would make a hot couple and it would’ve made Cely squirm. But, Lauren picked him anyway.

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Love 5

Who on earth convinced Mackenzie that those lip implants/injections (I assume) are flattering? Because they are really not. As a side note, do lip implants/injections look good on anyone?

Oh, Mackenzie. Fatal Attraction is not a rom com. 

Lauren has weird eyebrows.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Well, I guess they just needed the right new person to spice things up on the island.  It looks like all of the guys are "willing to talk to her", lol.  And kudos to those that voted for her date--it was very smart to give the guy a chance to meet someone else.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, TroopinFairy said:

Mackenzie, America(and Canada) just want to give Connor options because you won’t let him talk to any of girls in the Villa alone. Connor was trying to talk to Lauren in the bathroom or makeup room or whatever and there’s Mackenzie draping herself all over him. I don’t like clingy people. I wish that Connor would man up and just tell her how he REALLY feels.

I agree with this.   We witnessed two different conversations when Lauren and Connor were discussing whether he and Mackenzie were officially boyfriend and girlfriend: what he told Lauren and what he told Mackenzie.  Being a non-confrontational person as Connor says he is, I can understand not wanting to stir up trouble with Mackenzie until he sees what his options are, but clearly this is tinder ready to explode.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

I agree with this.   We witnessed two different conversations when Lauren and Connor were discussing whether he and Mackenzie were officially boyfriend and girlfriend: what he told Lauren and what he told Mackenzie.  Being a non-confrontational person as Connor says he is, I can understand not wanting to stir up trouble with Mackenzie until he sees what his options are, but clearly this is tinder ready to explode.

Yeah Connor is getting some grief online about saying to Mackenzie "you have nothing to worry about" and then going off with Lauren and being open to getting to know her but I feel like he had been put in a horrible place with the stage 5 clinging earlier in the day and the constant tears & "I'm going to throw up".  

The producers are probably making sure all the girls in quarantine for Casa Amor have put down as their number one guy "Connor" as if Lauren doesn't go for him, they def want Connor to come walking in from Casa Amor with a new girl on his arm.  No one will ever replace "I'm loyal babe" Georgia's reaction from UK season 4 but Mackenzie's could be up there--if they are still a couple at that point.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, mertensia said:

Mackenzie seems to be one of those people who don't quite understand that relationships need work. Also, that she is on a TV show.

I wonder how many of her old "relationship" were real, as did the guy actually know he was in one????

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I wonder how many of her old "relationship" were real, as did the guy actually know he was in one????

My guess (pure guess based on what Mackenzie herself has said about past relationships and her behavior) is Mackenzie has never had a real relationship. She’s 24, but clearly still responds to situations like a child. And I mean that literally. Children have to learn how to communicate their feelings, but in the meantime need to express themselves so the gut reaction is crying, yelling, running away, attacking. Pure fight or flight. If people in Mackenzie’s life respond to her crying then she never learns or needs to learn how to communicate beyond these childlike tantrums . If crying gets her what she thinks she wants then she’ll never grow. 

That being said, I think she’s also fallen down the rabbit hole of using her looks to attract men, and she’s said she’s been on private jets and yachts before. My guess is that she’s dated a lot of rich older men who use her for sex. They could be very charming and “give her the world” at first to get what they want. Maybe even psychopaths. For a time, when she cries they just apologize and give her whatever she wants, mostly just to shut her up. Then, when the sex is no longer worth the headache they simply dump her and move one. Thus, she feels blindsided when guys break up with her. I’d called it the Princess Effect. You think what you want is for everybody to wait on you hand and foot and you don’t have to do anything, but in reality if you don’t have anything to do then where does your self worth come from? What value do you bring to relationships? People need to understand that the struggle and challenges in life are important and necessary. 

It’s a vicious cycle and hard to break because it goes against your instincts. What she really needs is a difficult relationship with a guy where crying doesn’t “fix” everything and she’s forced to hear her partner and work together instead of just trying to get what she wants on impulse. 

Just my two cents. I could be completely wrong. 

• Love 13

Mackenzie gives me whiplash. On one hand she is articulate and seems like a great friend. On the other hand she is an insecure controlling mess who cries over EVERYTHING. America voted that way girl because they want Connor to escape your ridiculous possessiveness. 

Second - can Tre please stop wearing the hat? It sits up high because of his hair and he looks like a doofus. 

And what happened to Moira's knee? Why wouldn't they tell us that? 

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Mackenzie gives me whiplash. On one hand she is articulate and seems like a great friend. On the other hand she is an insecure controlling mess who cries over EVERYTHING. America voted that way girl because they want Connor to escape your ridiculous possessiveness. 

Second - can Tre please stop wearing the hat? It sits up high because of his hair and he looks like a doofus. 

And what happened to Moira's knee? Why wouldn't they tell us that? 

Tre is so bad at being a player and so much better when he’s just being his normal, human self that I wish it would sink in. I know people have been telling him that, but he still ends conversations with Justine with that cringy, “give me my three kisses” cheek, cheek, forehead thing he thinks is smooth but that she clearly doesn’t like but puts up with. And I was worried his entire conversation with Lauren was just going to be cheesy pickup lines, but at least he moved on pretty quickly from that. It’s no wonder all the girls like Johnny. He’s extremely good looking but also articulate and genuine and confident. 

As for Moira, they showed her screwing up her knee when she got a text about the Vegas style party and started an awkward dance. It seemed pretty clear at the time, so you must have just missed that part. 

And I’m really glad all three of Lauren’s dates have the potential to mess with the house. Tre would have been a safe pick. I don’t see her with Carrington (he’s 22? and I’m guessing she’s older than the 29 she says). Though, as much as I dislike Cely’s laugh, she actually is pretty mature in how she’s handling Johnny talking about finding Lauren attractive and also going on a date. But I guess that could all be a mask if Lauren really goes after Johnny 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

My guess (pure guess based on what Mackenzie herself has said about past relationships and her behavior) is Mackenzie has never had a real relationship. She’s 24, but clearly still responds to situations like a child. And I mean that literally. Children have to learn how to communicate their feelings, but in the meantime need to express themselves so the gut reaction is crying, yelling, running away, attacking. Pure fight or flight.

Oh god.  You're making me realize that my parents still communicate like this.

6 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

And I’m really glad all three of Lauren’s dates have the potential to mess with the house. Tre would have been a safe pick. I don’t see her with Carrington (he’s 22? and I’m guessing she’s older than the 29 she says). Though, as much as I dislike Cely’s laugh, she actually is pretty mature in how she’s handling Johnny talking about finding Lauren attractive and also going on a date. But I guess that could all be a mask if Lauren really goes after Johnny 

I agree, you couldn't ask for a better three dates for Lauren to be on for causing drama in the house.  Cely might be calm and all happy now but that could easily change if she's dumped but then I guess she'll just go back to Tre.    Kiersten could start to get nervous about her chance for winning if Carrington moves on and we've already seen stage 5 Clinger Mackenzie's reaction.

Not surprised Lauren didn't pick Tre as He really did himself no favors with the incoming girls who are watching at home/quarantine with how he acted on days 1-2-3 and his answer in the luggage game when he proudly admitted he hooked up with his friend's girl.  Or whatever that nonsense was.    

• Love 2

I feel bad for Tre. He's the player no one wants. Even Justine, who no one wants, doesn't want him.

Mackenzie is so neurotic. I get that she thinks voting for Connor means America hates her, but really America just likes drama. They wanted to see her lose it and ... achievement unlocked. The date itself is nothing to be upset about in any case. It's not like a real date where people are doing something fun. They're just going to a different part of the property and talking. It's more like a job interview.

I'm still trying to figure out how helpless Lauren is. She didn't even know how to get the coffee from the coffee pot to the cup. "Do I just pour it straight in?"

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

I think it just dawned on Connor that he is with a child. Mackenzie's outbursts are getting more and more dramatic. I hope she's ok for real. Love Island doesn't seem like a good place for her. I thank her for bringing the drama though and those who voted for Connor. I like Lauren too, she's chill and has a good personality, so far.

• Love 4

And isn't funny that Mackenzie would complain about America doing this to her while America is also seeing her say that?  I mean now she definitely will not be all that well liked--essentially complaining about those that voted.  lol

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, waving feather said:

I think it just dawned on Connor that he is with a child. Mackenzie's outbursts are getting more and more dramatic. I hope she's ok for real. Love Island doesn't seem like a good place for her. 

I, too, am seriously concerned for this girl.   

The show is a game with a prize at the end.  It's set up to throw curve ball after curve ball at you, and you have to be able to take all this stuff in stride, or excuse yourself from the show.  I believe there was a contestant last year who voluntarily left the island.   

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

This. She’s articulate and sane when it’s someone else. The shut down of James was short and well said (but then she stomped off) and her advice and talks with the other women seem reasonable. But she goes crazy when it’s her own life. The clinger vibe even before the date was announced was cringey.

I do think I’d probably be upset/pissed about America’s vote. It’s mean but also hilarious. You knew the show, girl. She played right into it. Public voting shows are always a mess, and on this one you have to be 18+ so the tweens can’t save you like in American Idol. 

Regardless, I don’t think Lauren is a good match for Connor. She wants someone more alpha and he is not that. Nothing wrong with that, a hot number nerd accountant who is emotionally laid back?  Yes please. (I bet he’s an INTP.) 

Edited by Refresh
Typos
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, fishcakes said:

I'm still trying to figure out how helpless Lauren is. She didn't even know how to get the coffee from the coffee pot to the cup. "Do I just pour it straight in?"

That's a tactic for manipulative women to make men feel big and like a hero.  (If you weren't being sarcastic!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

I, too, am seriously concerned for this girl.   

The show is a game with a prize at the end.  It's set up to throw curve ball after curve ball at you, and you have to be able to take all this stuff in stride, or excuse yourself from the show.  I believe there was a contestant last year who voluntarily left the island.   

In stride? You’re talking about a girl who made a harmless joke, and then another guy made the same harmless joke, and then she flipped out that people were picking on her and stormed out crying. Taking things in stride is not her strong suit. Lol. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That's a tactic for manipulative women to make men feel big and like a hero.  (If you weren't being sarcastic!)

I wasn't! I think she might actually be that dumb. Johnny's reaction was hilarious, though. He was saying, "yes, you just pour it in," but he was thinking, "damn, girl, you look good, but don't talk any more."

I'm fascinated with watching the women get ready. They have all these special clips to section off their hair while they're either straightening or curling it and they dot their primer/foundation/finisher/powder on in a super specific way. Nowadays, I pretty much just take a shower, shake off like a dog, and call that ready, but even when I was younger and a girly-girl and did my hair and makeup every morning, it wasn't such an elaborate production.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I'm fascinated with watching the women get ready. They have all these special clips to section off their hair while they're either straightening or curling it and they dot their primer/foundation/finisher/powder on in a super specific way. Nowadays, I pretty much just take a shower, shake off like a dog, and call that ready, but even when I was younger and a girly-girl and did my hair and makeup every morning, it wasn't such an elaborate production.

I always get the impression they do hair and makeup they way it's done to be on camera, or "stage makeup". Seems so foreign to me too. Even when I lived with groups of young women in university, makeup was like mascara, eyeliner, lipstick. Not layers of foundation and contouring. 

Edited by Canadian Girl
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Stan39 said:

In stride? You’re talking about a girl who made a harmless joke, and then another guy made the same harmless joke, and then she flipped out that people were picking on her and stormed out crying. Taking things in stride is not her strong suit. Lol. 

That was still funny. She flipped out before because she was "accused" of being possessive when she's not, only to prove 2 days later she is indeed crazily possessive. I don't dislike the girl, she seems like a nice person in general. Just very toxic in a relationship. 

Eta: Johnny is not fond of how Mackenzie is treating Connor. I'd be the same if my friend has to tolerate that level of possessiveness from someone they are dating.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 5

Why aren’t they in the pool 24/7.  It amazes me!  I’d seriously be floating all day long!

I’d like to cast my vote for who I think Moira reminds me of.  First episode to me she resembled Steffy Graf.  Then when she got glammed up, I thought Giselle Bundchen.  Also, does she have the same dress in every color?  The one that’s all strapped across the sides and back.  I swear she was wearing it in hot pink one night and then lavender.  And it’s not even that cute of a dress.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, fishcakes said:

I wasn't! I think she might actually be that dumb. Johnny's reaction was hilarious, though. He was saying, "yes, you just pour it in," but he was thinking, "damn, girl, you look good, but don't talk any more."

I think I don't remember the actual line you posted about, but I DO remember Lauren walking up to all those men saying "Now who's going to make me some coffee?  Because I don't know how to make it".  I thought she was definitely doing an "All eyes on me, attention given to me please" move.

1 hour ago, Canadian Girl said:

I always get the impression they do hair and makeup they way it's done to be on camera, or "stage makeup". Seems so foreign to me too. Even when I lived with groups of young women in university, makeup was like mascara, eyeliner, lipstick. Not layers of foundation and contouring. 

Oh, it's a whole new world out there.  I've never "contoured" and I asked a friend if she's ever "Contoured" before.  "Every day of my life", she answered.  I give blame/credit to Kim Kardashian for changing the world in a much worse way for women.  There's no way anyone would be contouring if she didn't exist, but that's just my opinion.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9
On 9/1/2020 at 11:16 AM, Ms Blue Jay said:

One more thing.  I HATE, HATE that Arielle and the show use "Girl" and "Boy".  All of these people are in their 20s.  They're men/women.  That really drives me up the wall.

I am in total agreement with you here. It drives me nucking futz too. As does the whole "I want to shack up with this boy because..." speech thing. The whole recoupling ceremony is hard for me to not fast-forward while cringing.

I too think that Mackenzie is one of those people that is great solving/disecting everyone else's life issue but is hopeless with her own. Gives great advice she won't take herself... etc. She really is very insecure and uncommunicative when it comes to her own issues but can tell other people exactly what they should do/say in their relationships.

Put me among the people that felt like Carrington was talking to 'Stacy's Mom' when trying to chat up Lauren (and I still hold to my theory that C is actually a virgin trying to disguise himself). Lauren seems like she's about a decade older than anyone in the house.

Blowing out your knee in wild celebration of 'getting a text' is the most embarrasing thing since years ago a local hockey player (whose best 'talent' was getting injured) blew out his knee... on the toilet.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9