Type keyword(s) to search

S02: Week 2: August 30, 2020-September 5, 2020

• Start Topic

The “girl” and “boy” thing, as well as “have a chat” are imported slang from the British version that Americans can’t pull off. 

McKenzie is the one who yelled at James for being too possessive, and now she hangs all over Connor like a 14-year-old, freaks out if he pecks someone on the cheek, and bursts into tears whenever she doesn’t like something - not to mention staring into space as he tries to bring up genuine concerns. Recognize your own behavior!

I cannot believe that baby faced Carrington is not only still there, but has the two hottest women eating out of the palm of his hand. I like Lauren and as a fellow woman in her late 20s who gravitates more towards people in their early 20s (I'm short and poor), I like that she owned dating younger because usually people think you’re weird. 

I know you all think Tre is corny, but I actually feel bad for him. I think he decided to be loyal to Justine even though he hadn’t been all that attracted to her. I thought Justine’s revelation that she wasn’t feeling it was random, given how anxious she was that he wouldn’t pick her, how upset she was to be friend zone by Jeremiah, and the fact that she hasn’t expressed interest in anyone else. She’s desperate and clingy but also someone who loses interest very fast, which is an odd combination. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

The “girl” and “boy” thing, as well as “have a chat” are imported slang from the British version that Americans can’t pull off. 

McKenzie is the one who yelled at James for being too possessive, and now she hangs all over Connor like a 14-year-old, freaks out if he pecks someone on the cheek, and bursts into tears whenever she doesn’t like something - not to mention staring into space as he tries to bring up genuine concerns. Recognize your own behavior!

I cannot believe that baby faced Carrington is not only still there, but has the two hottest women eating out of the palm of his hand. I like Lauren and as a fellow woman in her late 20s who gravitates more towards people in their early 20s (I'm short and poor), I like that she owned dating younger because usually people think you’re weird. 

I know you all think Tre is corny, but I actually feel bad for him. I think he decided to be loyal to Justine even though he hadn’t been all that attracted to her. I thought Justine’s revelation that she wasn’t feeling it was random, given how anxious she was that he wouldn’t pick her, how upset she was to be friend zone by Jeremiah, and the fact that she hasn’t expressed interest in anyone else. She’s desperate and clingy but also someone who loses interest very fast, which is an odd combination. 

Good observation about Justine. 

Though I don’t think Lauren is that into Carrington (neither is Kierstan, for that matter). Her pick was between Tre, Carrington, Caleb, and bug spray boy (Johnny and Connor got dates). Caleb and BSB didn’t seem to pay her any attention so she was left with Tre and Carrington. Maybe she just wanted to stir stuff up. I also think Kierstan just wants to stay on TV and Carrington is the easiest way to do that. I think she’s probably most into Johnny. Which is a shame, because I’m really hoping Connor doesn’t just go back to Mackenzie because it’s easy, and Mackenzie just moves on like everything is good now that he’s back. Moira made the right decision, but you wonder if she would have just recouple with James if she didn’t really have another option. 

• Love 1

Omg!  He just totally gave upon telling Mackenzie what he really wanted to say.  Wow!  I mean he just said he wanted to get to know the other person more and now he is committing to Mackenzie even though he is clearly lying?  

• Love 3

Connor, Noooooooooo!!!

What the hell?! How did he go from his conversation with Lauren to THAT?!?!? That was his out. She was giving it to him on a silver platter and he punted? Oh well, America tried to help, it’s on him now. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Stan39 said:

Connor, Noooooooooo!!!

What the hell?! How did he go from his conversation with Lauren to THAT?!?!? That was his out. She was giving it to him on a silver platter and he punted? Oh well, America tried to help, it’s on him now. 

And they cant win the money because people know the truth.  He is dumb.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

So I just thought of something.  Potential New girls /guys are watching this, right???    If someone wanted to be really messy, they could go to Mackenzie an say "oh the night Connor asked you to be his girlfriend, minutes before he was telling Lauren he wanted to get to know her better and that she's totally his type".  

• Love 4

Well now he is backtracking again!  Lol. I mean, why did he take it so far to ask her to be his girlfriend when he knew he didn’t want to??

Was he going to tell the guys the truth that instead of saying how he was feeling, he asked her to be his girlfriend?  This is crazy...lol

Edited by alexa
  • Love 2

Ugh. To steal from Bill Simmons, Connor and Mackenzie are those friends you have that are horrible together, make everyone uncomfortable, drain the life out of the friend group with constantly needing to talk about their relationship, then one day they come and say, “Guys, we need to tell you something”

You’re breaking up!!! 🙂

”We’re having a baby! We’ve decided having a baby will fix all our problems.”

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10

So is that the first time in his life that Tre wasn't picked?!?  Good maybe this stupid show will be a learning experience for him..

And Moira hobbling out on crutches behind everyone was kinda sad as no one bothered to wait for her.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Suzysite said:

Connor is either massively two faced or else a giant wuss and afraid to express his true feelings.   Either way I'm not a fan.

Oh god, now he's reading from his phone.

He really is the worst.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Oh god, now he's reading from his phone.

He really is the worst.  

What’s worse, him reading from his phone or the fact he wrote it out on paper, took a picture of the page, then read the picture???

Oh, and now Mackenzie is using sex to manipulate him. This is all very healthy. 

At this point I’m more interested to find out what Moira DOESN’T find extremely interesting 

Edited by Stan39
Addition
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

So the only couple that actually likes each other is Cely & Johnny!?   

Hope there are lots of extra beds as when Casa Amor happens, there could be like 10 couples.

editing my post as I did the math wrong and if Johnny/Cely stay together and the other 10 people get new partners there would 11 couples total.  Yikes, might have to get some bunk beds.

Edited by CindyBee

Conner must think he still has a shot at the money?  I guess that is his hope?  And Justine should have known she could have pretended with Tre longer to stay on.  I am not sure what she was thinking.  But she is the perfect one to go.  She hasn’t really had much going on.  

Got that one wrong...wow.

Edited by alexa

For someone who came in all full of bravado, Calvin sure has turned into a corny dud.

And look, Connor with no balls going with Mackenzie.     

As much as I dislike Tre, I'm glad he went with Lauren as she deserved to stay for just the way she shook things up the past couple of episdoes.

Wow, does Caleb know Justine is popular on twitter?    Cause I wasn't expecting that.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Oooohhhh, more lies coming from Connor's mouth tomorrow night.   Someone forgot to tell him about the cameras all over the place, catching every word.   

Never would have thought at the beginning of this that the boring accountant would be such a mess.   

• Like 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

For someone who came in all full of bravado, Calvin sure has turned into a corny dud.

And look, Connor with no balls going with Mackenzie.     

As much as I dislike Tre, I'm glad he went with Lauren as she deserved to stay for just the way she shook things up the past couple of episdoes.

Wow, does Caleb know Justine is popular on twitter?    Cause I wasn't expecting that.  

Justine is popular on Twitter?? I assumed there was a more basic reason (like maybe Justine promised to do some things that Rachel didn’t want to do). 

So after all that, the person leaving is the cool, level headed, natural beauty. Figures. 

And Bug Spray Boy’s speeches are completely phony and insincere. Surprised nobody is picking up on that. 

Edited by Stan39
Misspelled
  • Love 6

Since I'm messy, I'm def voting for Connor & Mackenzie as favorite couple as I've got to see them get to Casa Amor.   

Hopefully no one votes for Bug Spray Boy & Moira as their story line is DONE and they can leave next.

See y'all tomorrow night!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Since I'm messy, I'm def voting for Connor & Mackenzie as favorite couple as I've got to see them get to Casa Amor.   

Hopefully no one votes for Bug Spray Boy & Moira as their story line is DONE and they can leave next.

See y'all tomorrow night!

I’m guessing nobody votes for Caleb and Justine, given their “relationship” came out of nowhere. Unless the above poster is correct that Justine is popular on Twitter or something 

This is the first episode of season 2 where I made popcorn.

So, Connor is staying with Mackenzie because he’s afraid of how she’ll react and treat him in the villa if he dumps her? Dude, GROW A BACK BONE! You said that you and Mackenzie are incompatible but, then you’re kissing and everything is fine. Numerous people in the villa have raised concerns about this relationship and yet it doesn’t matter. Is Connor just buying time? Is Mackenzie that good in bed? 

Edited by TroopinFairy
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I’m guessing nobody votes for Caleb and Justine, given their “relationship” came out of nowhere. Unless the above poster is correct that Justine is popular on Twitter or something 

That was me.  I have no idea if Twitter mentions mean anything but Justine sure seems to have lots of "fans".   And Caleb is one of the better looking guys so I could see them not being the least popular.   Guess we'll see Sunday night.   

• Love 2
7 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I cannot believe that baby faced Carrington is not only still there, but has the two hottest women eating out of the palm of his hand.

Not only is he baby-faced, he seems to have little or no personality or charisma.  I think he has been "resting on pretty" and hasn't needed to develop anything beyond that.  When Kierstan said that she couldn't believe this was happening (when he went on a date with Lauren), I heard "I totally picked the guy I thought would keep me on the show because no one else would want him."

• LOL 6
  • Love 6

I used to really like Cely but she's losing me.  This whole "I'm so cool, and I don't care about anything, and I'm fine with it, and I'm going to tell everyone how I fine I am about everything" schtick is really fake.  Thou doth protest too much.   Although, maybe I have to eat my words, because she certainly didn't get upset over Johnny acting like an idiot over Lauren's carwash show, at least not where anyone can see.

Poor Mackenzie.  I know a lot of people pretty much hate her, but Connor is being a snake.  He's manipulative too.  Asking her to be his girlfriend but also wanting to break up with her immediately after?  What the ????????????

And leaning on Lauren pretending to talk about his problems, that he can't tell Mack to her face.  Lauren pretending that she just "feels for the poor boy".  Okay, and you want him too, just admit it?  They're pretending they're friends therapizing each other but that's not what this is.  

The fucking carwash bullshit.  How misogynistic was that?  Poor Rachel telling the cameras that it's "empowering women". Empowering women to whore themselves out for some idiot men?  Oh lord.

There was so much manipulated editing done around the carwash scene.  You'll notice people will move in and out of frames, be dry then wet then dry again, LOL it was so ludicrous.

Johnny's hot, but every time he's around Lauren I get turned off again.  Connor's hot, his ears are kind of weird but I'm okay with it.  I just wish he would not ask Mackenzie to be his GF if he doesn't mean it at all.  She's like a child, she won't be able to handle it when he disappoints her.

The way these men act around Lauren is pretty much what I hate about some guys.....It's so caveman.  All they say to her is that they think she's goodlooking.  AND. THAT'S. IT.

Lauren's lip job looks so messy and the cooking for the guys was yet another totally unneeded manipulative tactic, like the coffee thing.  I'm glad Cely called it out for what it is.  

Playing "The Boy is Mine" is way too on the nose.  Two black women pitted against each other.  Sad.  

Another pet peeve.  Either pay for the real songs, or don't use those songs.  All of the covers were so stupid.

I went back to grab the songs I care about:

Lady Gaga, Stupid Love
Kylie Minogue, Can't Get You Out of My Head (A COVER)
Monica and Brandy - The Boy is Mine. (A COVER)
Rihanna, Stay (A COVER)
Bonnie Tyler, Total Eclipse of the Heart (A COVER)

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

Is anyone else getting kicked out continuously?

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.32.17 AM.png

8 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I always like men my age or younger too.  I don't think you should have to put yourself down to justify it either; just own it.  It's okay not to have Daddy issues.  Not everyone does.  When women put down liking younger men - which is often - I just roll my eyes for that reason.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1

I’m beginning to wonder if Connor has some sort of learning disability or mini panic attacks when he’s being confronted, because the way he talks is just a garbled mess of words strewn together. People ask him pretty direct questions, and he just seems incapable of answering them how people typically would.

For example, when Lauren first asked him if Mackenzie was his girlfriend, that’s a yes or no question. When Mackenzie asks him if he wants to break up, that’s a yes or no question. Yes, he can add a qualifier or elaborate, “No, she’s not my girlfriend but...” “No, I don’t want to break up but...”

Instead, he just starts throwing out incoherent word soup sentences that don’t make any sense and don’t even address the question. Even when he took the time to write down his thoughts and read them directly, they still were vague and unclear. 

Has anyone met someone who expresses himself this way? Know what the underlying issue is?

I get the impression if a stranger asked him what his name is he’d reply, “Well, my parents... the thing is... I have an older sister.. and the thought was.... I was six weeks premature so... we lived next door to the Roberts family who had a dog... but I’m coming around to it... unicorn chopsticks rainbow...because I need to grow and I can’t keep doing this... I want to keep doing this.”

Edited by Stan39
Fixed
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
56 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Has anyone met someone who expresses himself this way? Know what the underlying issue is?

I get the impression if a stranger asked him what his name is he’d reply, “Well, my parents... the thing is... I have an older sister.. and the thought was.... I was six weeks premature so... we lived next door to the Roberts family who had a dog... but I’m coming around to it... unicorn chopsticks rainbow...because I need to grow and I can’t keep doing this... I want to keep doing this.”

Hahahaha! 
To answer your question: me

Seriously I see a lot of myself in Connor. Or at least when I was in my 20s. I was kind of kidding last week when I said he was an INTP but I’m more convinced than ever that he is.

Without going too deep there are two things (ETA make that 4)  I relate to 1) takes a while to figure out what emotions you’re having  2) bad at communicating emotions once you figure them out 3) see the world as a lot of shades of grey, possibilities, complex paths, not straight lines, not ever wanting to make a final decision because you don’t have enough information, there might be more paths to discover . 4) need a lot of autonomy 

This could Of course all be projection but I recognize it. 

Probably why he likes math and numbers. They add up, are right or wrong, humans are much more messy. 
. . .

Justine. Huh. Didn’t see that coming.  I’m not saying it’s Rachel’s fault but does she have bad breath or something? Shits in bed?  She’s gorgeous and seems level headed. I don’t get it. 

Edited by Refresh
Clarifying stuff
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, Stan39 said:

So after all that, the person leaving is the cool, level headed, natural beauty. Figures. 

Yep, just like with Kaitlynn, the prettiest, most reasonable and level person leaves.  It was apparent with Justine's and Caleb's conversations earlier in the day that he was leaning towards picking Justine.  Too bad.   I hope Rachel felt a sense of relief as she deserves much better. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, TroopinFairy said:

This is the first episode of season 2 where I made popcorn.

So, Connor is staying with Mackenzie because he’s afraid of how she’ll react and treat him in the villa if he dumps her? Dude, GROW A BACK BONE! You said that you and Mackenzie are incompatible but, then you’re kissing and everything is fine. Numerous people in the villa have raised concerns about this relationship and yet it doesn’t matter. Is Connor just buying time? Is Mackenzie that good in bed? 

Well, after Connor said he didn’t want to have the labels of boyfriend/girlfriend Mackenzie made out with him hardcore, and with a giant smile exclaimed, “I can’t wait for bed tonight! 🤩” Like a lot of people, she thinks Connor is losing interest in her physically so she’s not going to change her personality, just ramp up the sex and her appearance. Then when Connor dumps her she’ll feel used and blindsided (and given how Connor is acting I don’t blame only her.) this is going to end poorly. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Refresh said:

. . .

Justine. Huh. Didn’t see that coming.  I’m not saying it’s Rachel’s fault but does she have bad breath or something? Shits in bed?  She’s gorgeous and seems level headed. I don’t get it. 

I wonder if they get coached to switch partners if their current coupling goes into friend-zone territory? Caleb didn’t look too excited to pick Justine, seemed to be going through the motions, then there was the cryptic exchange he had with Rachel as she was leaving. It would be one thing if Justine was really cool or charming, but she didn’t really do anything to turn Caleb’s head other than kiss him in a challenge. It’s not like she made some impassioned plea of her undying love for Caleb, she just basically gave up on Tre and said she might like Caleb. She doesn’t seem romantic with anyone, just likes hanging out on the Island. 

Side note: Justine kept telling people her reasoning was she was finally looking out for herself. When was she not looking out for herself? Not saying she was wrong, but she always seemed to be the one pushing Tre and Jeremiah away then complaining and inserting herself in other women’s relationships with guys she already had a chance with. Did I miss something?

• Love 4

I still wish Tre had kept Kaitlyn over Justine.  Caleb did not seem happy about keeping Justine.  Did the producers tell him to keep her?  He seemed to immediately regret it.  

I just shake my head at Connor.  He doesn't seem to be able to stand up to Mackenzie.  

I think Lauren's glow is starting to dim.  She was the shiny new thing.  Now they are bored with her.

• Love 6

I thought Lauren was pretty hot the first day but as I see her face more it's not that great. 

Also how was she the unanimous winner of the carwash thing? Objectively it had to be Kierstan or Mackenzie. I thought Lauren was pretty much a dud. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Side note: Justine kept telling people her reasoning was she was finally looking out for herself. When was she not looking out for herself? Not saying she was wrong, but she always seemed to be the one pushing Tre and Jeremiah away then complaining and inserting herself in other women’s relationships with guys she already had a chance with. Did I miss something?

IIRC, at first Justine was paired up with Jeremiah, then Rachel came to the villa and asked him for a date. Now, the tables were turned, but once again, they were vying for the same guy.

1 minute ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

IIRC, at first Justine was paired up with Jeremiah, then Rachel came to the villa and asked him for a date. Now, the tables were turned, but once again, they were vying for the same guy.

But didn’t Justine tell Jeremiah she only saw him as a friend? Then it was only after he left her for Rachel did she change her mind and want him back? I don’t know, my recollection of things is that Justine tells these guys she’s not interested, but then expects them to come back to her when she snaps her fingers. How she treated Tre (friendzoning him, picking Caleb without telling him, then pretending like she did tell him about Caleb and expecting him to be cool with everything) just seems rude and cold. And wasn’t she gaslighting Tre when she did that? I personally haven’t noticed Justine think of anyone but herself this whole time.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

But didn’t Justine tell Jeremiah she only saw him as a friend? Then it was only after he left her for Rachel did she change her mind and want him back? I don’t know, my recollection of things is that Justine tells these guys she’s not interested, but then expects them to come back to her when she snaps her fingers. How she treated Tre (friendzoning him, picking Caleb without telling him, then pretending like she did tell him about Caleb and expecting him to be cool with everything) just seems rude and cold. And wasn’t she gaslighting Tre when she did that? I personally haven’t noticed Justine think of anyone but herself this whole time.

I felt very sorry for Tre.  We'll see what happens now with Caleb . . . .

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

I felt very sorry for Tre.  We'll see what happens now with Caleb . . . .

Agreed. I understand why people like James and Mackenzie get called out for being manipulative, they’re both much more aggressive and emotional about it. But I think part of that is genuine confusion/not understanding themselves or their partner (and you can’t design worse people to communicate with either than Moira or Connor.) But I feel like Justine gets a pass when she seems much more deliberate and conscious of her actions. That’s probably why it works, sadly. She’s not reacting emotionally, so she’s not having the outbursts as “red flags”. She’s just thinking through what she wants her story to be (at one point I think she even used the phrase “My truth” in a conversation).

Like you said, we’ll see what happens to Caleb. He’s now coupled up with someone who hasn’t really tried with any guy yet, new guys are coming, and Justine will have the power in the next recoupling (assuming they aren’t voted off first)

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Let’s keep a running list of conversation topics Moira thinks are mind blowing:

1) cuddling

2) women shouldn’t feel the need to wear makeup

3) public displays of affection

She is like Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.  I feel like she was let out of a dungeon to go on this show.  I guess it's kind of sweet that no matter what a man says it blows her mind, but it's also kind of scary, because then men like James can prey on her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I feel like she was let out of a dungeon to go on this show.

Well, she kinda did... she said she was in an 8 year relationship (started when she was 16!) so she has precious little experience and everything "blows her away" now that she doesn't have to crank the handle every day...

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I don't want to get into all the sexual politics of the car wash challenge because I want to keep this show as a brainless guilty pleasure, so I'll just say it was demeaning to the women and leave it at that. Now here comes the part where I am a hypocrite and start judging the women's performances, but no way was Lauren the best. I think she won the unanimous vote only because the producers said, "okay, boys, it's time to vote. Your can either vote for Lauren or the mushrooms Lauren made you eat for breakfast."

Tre and Lauren. Ha. Yeah, that's a couple that will last 🙄. I was glad he picked her only because I thought it meant Justine was going home, but then Caleb picked her??? That makes no sense at all. That whole quadrangle made my head hurt. Justine did tell Tre the day before that she wasn't interested and that he should pursue other women, but then it sounds like she was getting a little cuddly with him in bed the same night. Rachel really shouldn't be mad at Justine for going after Caleb because Rachel did the same thing when Justine was with Jeremiah, but at least it was out in the open. Justine's interest in Caleb came out of nowhere. Caleb told Rachel she had nothing to worry about regarding the recoupling, but he sent her home, and then when Justine hugged him, he looked like, I don't know, he'd rather be coupled with Lauren's mushrooms. At this point, Justine seems like she's just there to be a spoiler for everyone else.

Connor is the first case of intermittent Stockholm Syndrome I've ever seen.

Kierstan and Lauren's conversation about Carrington sounded like a parent-teacher conference where they're praising his potential but think he needs time to mature and learn to focus.

Cely and Johnny: cute but not very interesting. Moira and Calvin: not cute, so boring.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I don't want to get into all the sexual politics of the car wash challenge because I want to keep this show as a brainless guilty pleasure, so I'll just say it was demeaning to the women and leave it at that. Now here comes the part where I am a hypocrite and start judging the women's performances, but no way was Lauren the best. I think she won the unanimous vote only because the producers said, "okay, boys, it's time to vote. Your can either vote for Lauren or the mushrooms Lauren made you eat for breakfast."

Tre and Lauren. Ha. Yeah, that's a couple that will last 🙄. I was glad he picked her only because I thought it meant Justine was going home, but then Caleb picked her??? That makes no sense at all. That whole quadrangle made my head hurt. Justine did tell Tre the day before that she wasn't interested and that he should pursue other women, but then it sounds like she was getting a little cuddly with him in bed the same night. Rachel really shouldn't be mad at Justine for going after Caleb because Rachel did the same thing when Justine was with Jeremiah, but at least it was out in the open. Justine's interest in Caleb came out of nowhere. Caleb told Rachel she had nothing to worry about regarding the recoupling, but he sent her home, and then when Justine hugged him, he looked like, I don't know, he'd rather be coupled with Lauren's mushrooms. At this point, Justine seems like she's just there to be a spoiler for everyone else.

Connor is the first case of intermittent Stockholm Syndrome I've ever seen.

Kierstan and Lauren's conversation about Carrington sounded like a parent-teacher conference where they're praising his potential but think he needs time to mature and learn to focus.

Cely and Johnny: cute but not very interesting. Moira and Calvin: not cute, so boring.

Am I the only one who saw Justine dump Jeremiah? Because several people are commenting that Rachel did the same thing to Justine when she was with Jeremiah, but I could have sworn Justine told Jeremiah they would just be friends and she wasn’t interested in him. Then after Jeremiah moved on she regretted it and wanted him back (which technically means she’s done this twice to Rachel instead of each woman doing this to each other). But I genuinely want to know if I’m just remembering things incorrectly or missing something that you all picked up on. 

• Love 6

Lauren looks ten years older than everyone else on the show. 

I'm no Kiersten fan but clearly she had the best car wash performance and her body looked slammin (if her look floats your boat). 

I hate the boy girl thing too. 

I'm here for Rachel asking MacKenzie bluntly and directly "so why do you think people feel that?" when she was sulking about people perceiving her as controlling while Connor was gone on his date. 

I also lol'd when Connor said to the camera "sometimes I have trouble expressing myself verbally." Ya think??!! Hahahaha

I think Moira is a bit... not smart. 

Edited by Canadian Girl
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
7 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Am I the only one who saw Justine dump Jeremiah? Because several people are commenting that Rachel did the same thing to Justine when she was with Jeremiah, but I could have sworn Justine told Jeremiah they would just be friends and she wasn’t interested in him. Then after Jeremiah moved on she regretted it and wanted him back (which technically means she’s done this twice to Rachel instead of each woman doing this to each other). But I genuinely want to know if I’m just remembering things incorrectly or missing something that you all picked up on. 

As with everything Justine, her feelings were never clear. Someone with a better memory of this can correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I remember it is that on the first episode, Justine stepped forward for Jeremiah, but he chose Cely. Then Tre came out and chose Cely, bumping Jeremiah to the end of the line. Justine was the only one not chosen by any of the guys, so she and Jeremiah were together by default. They had a conversation right away about how neither one was interested (true in Jeremiah's case, not true in Justine's, is my guess). Then a day or so later, Justine initiated a conversation about how she was starting to have feelings for them and they should try to be a couple and he went along with it. At some point after that, but I'm not sure if it was before or after Rachel got there and made her interest in Jeremiah clear, Justine said she and Jeremiah were just friends and had no problem with him and Rachel getting together. Which seemed only about half true, but who knows.

The nature of the show makes every person, coupled or not, fair game so I don't think either Rachel or Justine did anything wrong, but Rachel was more open about it than Justine was. Even so, I didn't really get Rachel being so mad at Justine. I kind of feel like Justine is messing with people to boost her own ego (though not necessarily in an conscious or intentional way), but since recoupling is a major part of the game, it seems silly for Rachel to get mad at her.

• Love 2

Never would have expected Connor to be a loser. Never would have expected that I'd respect Carrington more than him now. Like what...? That man-child is more direct and honest than Connor. He made a lot of sense when he was speaking to both Kirstan and Lauren.

It's not cute that Connor is such a spineless people-pleaser. By doing that he essentially pleases no one, not even himself. It's unfair for Mackenzie too when he whines about her to another girl but say something else to her face. Lauren is too good for him. How cool of her to cook for the whole villa.

"The Great World of Cry-na" was a great line by the narrator.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

As with everything Justine, her feelings were never clear. Someone with a better memory of this can correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I remember it is that on the first episode, Justine stepped forward for Jeremiah, but he chose Cely. Then Tre came out and chose Cely, bumping Jeremiah to the end of the line. Justine was the only one not chosen by any of the guys, so she and Jeremiah were together by default. They had a conversation right away about how neither one was interested (true in Jeremiah's case, not true in Justine's, is my guess). Then a day or so later, Justine initiated a conversation about how she was starting to have feelings for them and they should try to be a couple and he went along with it. At some point after that, but I'm not sure if it was before or after Rachel got there and made her interest in Jeremiah clear, Justine said she and Jeremiah were just friends and had no problem with him and Rachel getting together. Which seemed only about half true, but who knows.

The nature of the show makes every person, coupled or not, fair game so I don't think either Rachel or Justine did anything wrong, but Rachel was more open about it than Justine was. Even so, I didn't really get Rachel being so mad at Justine. I kind of feel like Justine is messing with people to boost her own ego (though not necessarily in an conscious or intentional way), but since recoupling is a major part of the game, it seems silly for Rachel to get mad at her.

Thanks for that timeline. I think that makes sense. 

I think both Rachel and Tre were upset that Justine’s apparent interest seemed to come out of nowhere and neither were pulled aside beforehand to discuss. I think Tre has a legitimate gripe, and I’m more inclined to believe his version of things (the bedroom chats and whatnot) than Justine’s (that she thinks she told Tre she was interested in Caleb.) As for Rachel, it is a game and you’re probably correct. I just don’t think Justine is genuine or cares about anyone else, so I’m less likely to take her side in things. The odd thing is she’s not exactly flirty or coy (or interesting) so I still find it baffling that Caleb dumped Rachel for her. At least based on the interactions we saw between the two. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Canadian Girl said:

Lauren looks ten years older than everyone else on the show. 

I actually think Moira does!  And now that she's injured, and they keep making her play the role of host (a.k.a. teacher), the effect is even moreso.

But I totally get what you're saying about Lauren.  She is a lot older than some of the guys.  

1 hour ago, Canadian Girl said:

I'm here for Rachel asking MacKenzie bluntly and directly "so why do you think people feel that?" when she was sulking about people perceiving her as controlling while Connor was gone on his date.

It was cool to see Rachel and Tre be so clear with Mackenzie!

She keeps asking everyone what they think, and then when they tell her, she starts crying.  LOL.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5