Type keyword(s) to search

S02: Week 1: August 24, 2020-August 28, 2020

• Start Topic

There's so many women I didn't want to like because I hate that ultra plastic look, but they ended up being so nice / cool.  Like the trophy wife blonde (Mackenzie) or the SACRAMENTO LATINA (Celi).  

I hate the OTHER blonde.  The one who seems extremely stupid, with the tattoos guy.

Jeremiah is so good looking, but god!  His personality is so goofy.  I hate how he rejected Justine.

I love Johnny's attitude.  He's like OBSESSED with consent and what a woman wants.  Omg, it's soooooooo hot.  Tre is like the opposite.  When he kissed Kaitlyn I was like WAAHAAAAAAAAAT

I thought I'd be the most attracted to Carrington. He kinda looks Franco-ish.  But, who knows.  He barely existed this episode.  

Connor seems sweet.

If you guys like the soundtrack, I heard "RAIN ON ME" (Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande), WHATTA MAN (Salt N Pepa, En Vogue), and WATERMELON SUGAR (Harry Styles).

Kaitlyn reminds me of someone, but who?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Most of these people seem so rapid to me. Cely is very into herself. Mackenzie seems nice but, her whole intro was about how she “unknowingly” dated millionaires. Carrington seems to think he’ll just skate by on his looks. Tre can just leave.  Kaitlyn looks just like Jessica Lowndes to me. Connor seems sweet.  I like Moira and James. Justine is gorgeous but, she set the bar too high. Maybe if she’d come forward for more guys it would be different. She seem to settle for Jeremiah but, then the new girl Rachel asked him for a date. 

• Useful 1

Are 90 to 100% of the women talking in vocal fry? It's annoying whatever it is.

These are such vapid people. So, so vapid. I realize it's what they cast for but just once I'd love to have a rabid salsa dancer who tries to teach everyone or a UFO geek or an avid bird watcher. "And in 2016 I saw an elegant trogon in Mexico!"

• Love 7

I like this show because I like how they actually talk to each other a bit and actually consider if they like the person.  Whereas on Bachelor in Paradise they start making out instead of even saying hi to each other.  This show seems less gross to me.  Lol  And though I didn’t love the intros of everyone, like the first season they end up being decently nice people. 

• Love 5

So happy this is back!

Wasn't entirely impressed with the caliber of contestants although some will inevitably grow on me.  I do like they are generally nice to one another. 

So much make-up on some of the women, not much natural beauty there. And in the Vegas heat?  Yuck. 

Johnny is a gem. He looks & acts way older than 22.  IMO, the show too often casts women in the late 20s with men in the early 20s. That's never going to work, they're in much different places in life. That said, I also liked the auditor dude from Pittsburgh.  

• Love 9
6 hours ago, mertensia said:

Are 90 to 100% of the women talking in vocal fry? It's annoying whatever it is.

Thank you!  Mackenzie especially vocal fries, and it's beyond annoying.  It's a bad habit that this age group has picked up and I hear it on many of these type shows.  

Edited by DoYouLikeMutton
typo
  • Love 1

I was in Vegas last week and saw the setup from the High Roller. I was also laughing at how sweaty they all were because it was ridiculously hot and we were all uncomfortable. But hey at least they don't have to wear masks!

I actually thought Mackenzie is a little deeper than I assumed. We will see. Connor is shy and sweet - I'm here for that. 

• Love 5

HDTV is not kind to some of these women.  Wow when they took their makeup off.  A couple of them had horrid skin.  No wonder they slap the makeup on so heavy.  I was curious if some of the guys even recognized the women when they took their makeup off.  

I am looking forward to some new people showing up.  

• Love 4

The plastic Kmart-level decorations on the asphalt roof are a huge comedown from the actual tropical island last season, which was genuinely exotic and pretty to look at.

Carrington (lol) had the biggest mismatch between his body language and the words coming out of his mouth. He seemed to have memorized some "alpha" playa brospeak lines, but he gulped after he delivered them and looked scared to death.  He couldn't even talk to Kaitlynn without rubbing his face nervously.

• Love 2

Another thought I had was that even though I know why this type of show everyone is walking around in swimwear, lol, I would think the women could be so much more comfortable if they could even wear some shorts or something.  It is hard to sit in those tiny clothes and they look so awkward.  🙂  There are denim shorts that are super short but cover you a bit....

One thing I also like about this show in addition to what I said earlier--I like that they share a room, bathroom, sleep together, etc.  It kind of helps them all develop a friendship, and also keeps things a little "clean" with everyone around.  I think it is kind of funny watching them navigate the idea of sleeping with a stranger.  

Edited by alexa
  • Love 5

This is a less physically attractive cast than from season 1, but maybe they're saving the really good-looking people to bring in later to try to shake up the established couples.

I felt bad for Justine since she was the only woman not picked by any of the guys, but I get it. She seems a little desperate (crying on the first day because she didn't meet The One), and people tend to run away from desperation.

Tre said he used to be a player but now wants to reform, but then he's kissing Kaitlynn? Oookay. But speaking of desperate, here comes Carrington. LOL when he was sweating all over himself then just started kissing and sweating all over Kaitlynn, but it also seemed creepy and proprietary. I wouldn't be sorry to see either Tre or Carrington go at this point.

Moira/James look like they'll stick together until the end. Maybe Mackenzie/Connor too, although I could see someone new coming in and breaking those two up. Both couples are boring.

Johnny is the only one I really like right now, and Cely seems sweet but dim, so I hope someone else comes along for him. Oh, I just read his CBS bio, and his relationship role models are Will and Jada 🤔.

15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don't see any listings on my TV for Wednesday though.  Please let me know if it's on Wed and my DVR is missing something.

tvguide.com doesn't list it for Wednesdays either. Big Brother and Tough as Nails instead. Oh, and there's an episode listed for Sunday, which I think is a new one.

14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Kaitlyn reminds me of someone, but who?

I see a cross between Ashley Judd and Angelina Jolie, tapped ever so gently with an ugly stick.

Edited by fishcakes
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, TroopinFairy said:

Kaitlyn looks just like Jessica Lowndes to me. 

Thank you.

43 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

tvguide.com doesn't list it for Wednesdays either. Big Brother and Tough as Nails instead. Oh, and there's an episode listed for Sunday, which I think is a new one.

Ok - Thank you!!  Good to know!

Well, if there was one show that I assumed couldn’t come back because of coronavirus, it would definitely be this one, given all the back to back slobber sessions. We’ll see if the contestants actually stay in the bubble with the temptation of the Vegas strip. 

One thing I was mildly surprised by is the fact that most of the contestants had under 10,000 Instagram followers. (If those wonky intro screenshots were accurate). I realize this is the lowest possible bar, but I feel like more and more shows demand “influencers” or a certain follower threshold. I get these people are still all coasting by on their generic attractiveness and hoping to become Instagram influencers at the end of this, but I respect the casting for going for (only) hotness and not social media clout. 

As a 28-year-old with adult acne myself, I’m not going to knock the girls for having terrible skin barefaced. Good for them for learning how to cover it up to the extent that they can pull off the influencer look - I need tips lol. 

Cely vaguely reminds me of Kyra from last season, so I hope we don’t get a repeat of everyone throwing themselves at her. Justine sadly continues the tradition of dark-skinned Black women being totally ignored on these dating shows. 

James has a hot face, but some of the most garish, oddly placed tattoos I’ve ever seen. An owl face covering your entire hand? A lion on your nipple? I couldn’t stop staring at the grotesque alien face with the beady red eyes on his forearm. How would you ever be able to focus during sex? No matter where you look there’s some stern animal staring at you. With that said, he and Moira have the cutest dynamic so far and could be the Zach/whatever her name was of this season. 

I’m confused why they cast so many 22-year-old men when most of the women are over or around 25. I don’t think Carrington will make it much longer because he has such a baby face and seems kind of nervous. It’s hard to believe he and Johnny are the same age. I like Johnny the most so far and he and James seem to be the most grounded, commitment focused people.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 7

Please, please, please let Justine be playing Tre to stay on the show as I just can't with him.

And am I the only one that wants to see James get snatched away by Kirsten (I think that's her name, the one that's proud of her fake boobs)??  

And I won't be voting for the Irish law firm to win as I hate it when they couple up on day one as that's boring.

I missed the challenge question about Kierstan. Something like she went to a fake wedding so her date would buy her a $6000 something? They said it so fast and I couldn’t rewind. I live in Austin and sadly she’s what has become of the city. Everything fake about her so she can get guys to buy her stuff. 

Kaitlynn is growing on me. She’s very pretty, can express herself, and seems genuine. She reminds me of Angelina Jolie as another poster said. I just wish her voice was a little deeper ☹️

I’m hoping Justine snaps out of her funk and makes an effort. Every one of these shows there’s a woman who sits and sulks about how unfair it is there isn’t a guy for them, but they don’t really try, aren’t usually nice to the guy(s) giving them attention, yet still get mad when those guys give up and move on to another woman with more personality and fun. 

Rachel is very pretty and natural. I wonder How she got on this show?

Can’t say much about the guys. It’s always a bro-fest at first. These guys all seem a little calmer and more subdued than normal, which is nice. I just hope they bring in more attractive people as the show continues to mix things up. 

• Love 2

James has no ass.  He wears skin tight jeans that are baggy in the butt.  

Mackenzie? (the blonde) really got threatened when the new attractive women arrived.  She staked her claim to Connor and then got upset when he didn't run after her.  

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

She staked her claim to Connor and then got upset when he didn't run after her.  

He didn't run  and kiss my cute little ass after only knowing me a day!  Waaahhhhhhhh Waaaaahhhhh...sniff sniff... sob!

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I appreciate that this show is acknowledging quarantine. Mostly the announcer’s jokes but I’m here for it. 

Also, for those that don’t watch Double Shot at Love with Pauly And Vinny, they filmed the past/current season in Vegas and the cast worked at Dre’s. Whoever is that place’s booking/media/pr/whatever needs a raise. 

Also the sweating! 

Edited by Refresh
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I missed the challenge question about Kierstan. Something like she went to a fake wedding so her date would buy her a $6000 something?

Yeah that was crazy.  Did she make up a fake wedding to get a $6000 bracelet or something?!

I do think Kirsten is insanely hot though.

40 minutes ago, Refresh said:

I appreciate that this show is acknowledging quarantine. Mostly the announcer’s jokes but I’m here for it. 

That announcer is A+.

"Break up with your Girlfriend, I'm Bored" by Ariana Grande played tonight.  The title's even more meaningful during quarantine.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Noooo Justine! Tre is just saying all of those things to stay on the rooftop island. Tre needs to leave the rooftop island! You cannot be THAT desperate!

Cely needs to stop giggling at everything. Everything is not that funny.

Kierstan needs to back away from James. I thought she had a “connection” with Carrington.

Mackenzie Sweetie, you’ve been in a relationship a for day.

• Love 3

If Mackenzie had dark hair she'd be a ringer for Eliza Dushku... oh and she has terrible skin under what must be a 'put on with a trowel' level of concealer/foundation.

Also I'm sorry but when the girl in the hottub portion mentioned she had new boobs I said outloud "Because you used to be a man you mean?" She is as Austin Powers would say "rather mannish looking".

Can we just sent Tre and Carrington home now?

Oh and welcome back snarky announcer guy, I've missed you!

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Yeah that was crazy.  Did she make up a fake wedding to get a $6000 bracelet or something?!

That announcer is A+.

"Break up with your Girlfriend, I'm Bored" by Ariana Grande played tonight.  The title's even more meaningful during quarantine.

It’s hard to tell what Kierstan looks like with fake boobs, fake lips, fake eyelashes, fake tan, Botox, and 3 lbs of makeup. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That announcer is A+.

That’s the story I heard, about the fake wedding, but it didn’t make sense to me so I thought I missed something. I guess she told a guy she needed the bracelet for a wedding? Then told him later that they called it off? That should be a major red flag to the guys that she’s either proud of it, thinks it’s a funny story, or both. Stay away from girls like that. 

• Love 1

Ah, so it's Mackenzie who's going to be this season's train wreck. In the first episode she said something like men always think she's just a pretty face and then after they take her out a few times they realize that she has all this depth so they "put her back on the shelf" and it's always a huge waste of her time. I think she's confusing "having depth" with being a crybaby drama queen. Guys look at her hair and boobs and think she's going to be fun party girl and then find out she's a little crazy in the coconut is all that is. I look forward to Connor's facial expressions getting increasingly uncomfortable.

Neither Tre nor Justine is into it. They're both just biding their time until someone they like comes along. As long as they're both doing it, it's fine, although personally I wouldn't miss either one of them if they got eliminated.

Mackenzie: stop touching your hair
Cely: stop giggling
Rachel: stop saying "definitely" twice in every sentence
Moira: STOP TELLING THE STORY OF HOW YOU TOOK A DUMP OUTSIDE A NIGHTCLUB AND THEN HAD TO THROW AWAY YOUR UNDERWEAR

I like Johnny, Kaitlynn, Rachel, and Jeremiah so far. Maybe Connor. Everyone else is eh bordering on go away.

12 hours ago, Refresh said:

Also the sweating!

Ha ha. I want to know whose idea it was to film on a Las Vegas rooftop in the summer. So cruel!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

They need some mister fans!

Oh for sure. Mister fans, and some umbrellas for shade. 

I’m  not sure what to make of Mackenzie. To me she’s the most plastic looking of the bunch. And her skin issues might be helped if she let her skin breathe for a week without all the makeup. 

But she seems emotionally intelligent about others. And her dibs on Connor made sense to me, especially if you’re playing the game, but her reaction to the others reactions was misplaced. Seemed to me they were just ribbing her. Then the next day she lost me when she said Connor should’ve followed her when she walked off. You walked off girl and it wasn’t that big of a deal. 

I know, like,  it like, makes me dumber, you know what Im sayin, but I do, enjoy this show, I’m feeling it, I’m vibeing with it. 

Edited by Refresh
Derp
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Neither Tre nor Justine is into it. They're both just biding their time until someone they like comes along

What's kind of creepy is Tre's incredibly natural ability to pretend he's into absolutely anything though.... 😄

Then again, that's what this show is about, to be honest, I kind of hate the format and it's very silly, but I won't stop watching!

I DO NOT miss Kyra saying "at the end of the day" every 5 minutes like last season.  Omg, at the end of the day I was going crazy I really couldn't take it anymore. 😄

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Refresh said:

And her dibs on Connor made sense to me, especially if you’re playing the game, but her reaction to the others reactions was misplaced. Seemed to me they were just ribbing her. Then the next day she lost me when she said Connor should’ve followed her when she walked off. You walked off girl and it wasn’t that big of a deal. 

Drama!   I was impressed by Connor for not following her . . .  and then he apologized. (smh)

• Love 1
19 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Ah, so it's Mackenzie who's going to be this season's train wreck. In the first episode she said something like men always think she's just a pretty face and then after they take her out a few times they realize that she has all this depth so they "put her back on the shelf" and it's always a huge waste of her time. I think she's confusing "having depth" with being a crybaby drama queen. Guys look at her hair and boobs and think she's going to be fun party girl and then find out she's a little crazy in the coconut is all that is. I look forward to Connor's facial expressions getting increasingly uncomfortable.

Neither Tre nor Justine is into it. They're both just biding their time until someone they like comes along. As long as they're both doing it, it's fine, although personally I wouldn't miss either one of them if they got eliminated.

Mackenzie: stop touching your hair
Cely: stop giggling
Rachel: stop saying "definitely" twice in every sentence
Moira: STOP TELLING THE STORY OF HOW YOU TOOK A DUMP OUTSIDE A NIGHTCLUB AND THEN HAD TO THROW AWAY YOUR UNDERWEAR

I like Johnny, Kaitlynn, Rachel, and Jeremiah so far. Maybe Connor. Everyone else is eh bordering on go away.

Ha ha. I want to know whose idea it was to film on a Las Vegas rooftop in the summer. So cruel!

And the way Mackenzie explained how guys look at her makes me think she sees herself as a trophy.  “Yeah, of course guys look at me and see me as a trophy, because I’m so hot, but then they get intimidated by how smart I am, also.” That’s how I read it. But I think you’re right, that she’s really more trouble than it’s worth. People feel the need to talk that way about themselves when they’re insecure and don’t really believe it. Truly confident people don’t give a shit why some people don’t like them and move on to genuine people who value them. 

• Love 5

Mackenzie, “I date millionaires, I’ve been on yachts, I’ve been on private planes. But money isn’t important to me.” Umm, then why is it the very first thing you mention about yourself? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

Mackenzie, “I date millionaires, I’ve been on yachts, I’ve been on private planes. But money isn’t important to me.” Umm, then why is it the very first thing you mention about yourself? 🤔

To be fair we don't know that's the first thing she said about herself. We know it's what the producers put first after giving a ton of different interviews. 

2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

To be fair we don't know that's the first thing she said about herself. We know it's what the producers put first after giving a ton of different interviews. 

True, but she also thinks guys see her as a trophy and that she gets misjudged by her looks. 

2 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

Jeremiah is such a mush mouth. I can't understand half of what he says. Thank goodness for closed captioning.

Thank you! I thought it was just me. And ironically Rachel appears to be the most well spoken. He seems like a nice guy, but ultimately I think she’ll get bored with him. He doesn’t ever seem to have a thought in his head. 

Honestly, other than James and Moira I think the others are just telling themselves they’re happy, but I don’t see connections. Kierstan is faking her feelings. Mackenzie and Connor already have red flags. Cely just seems to want to tell people everything is great all the time. And Tre isn’t really connecting with either woman. 

I didn't even realize this show was back. Was it filmed before COVID? 

I liked the first season despite myself, and Cash was my favorite. I liked that they all ended up seeming like real friends. Is it the same thing this season? I've missed a week already. Is it worth it to try and catch up?