Type keyword(s) to search

S02: Week 1: August 24, 2020-August 28, 2020

• Start Topic

Mackenzie's talk with Tre was surprisingly sweet.  Mack and Connor are so domesticated already , LOL just sitting there eating breakfast and Mack is doling out heartfelt advice to Tre.  

I know that people don't like that Cely giggles so much, but I just LIKE her.  She's just nice.  I guess that's what I care about when it comes to people.  She seems genuinely nice.

14 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

I didn't even realize this show was back. Was it filmed before COVID? 

I liked the first season despite myself, and Cash was my favorite. I liked that they all ended up seeming like real friends. Is it the same thing this season? I've missed a week already. Is it worth it to try and catch up?

This is pretty recent (it's not live is it?) COVID exists in this timeline (LOL) and they all quarantined for weeks beforehand.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

No, it's being done right now. The show is set up so the TV audience can vote for their favorites in real time.  The contestants have been in isolation for a couple of weeks prior to filming.

Whoops, I didn't see the previous answer to this question. 

Edited by Suzysite
7 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

I liked the first season despite myself, and Cash was my favorite. I liked that they all ended up seeming like real friends. Is it the same thing this season? I've missed a week already. Is it worth it to try and catch up?

New season, new cast of characters.  Filmed in Las Vegas, NV.  Cast was quarantined and COVID tested.  Last season is finished.   You've only missed 3 episodes including the initial 2-hour intro.  Give it a try.  There is not much "substance" to this show, so it shouldn't be difficult to catch up.  😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Every Saturday there’s a recap episode for the prior week, if you don’t want to sit through all the previous episodes. But I’ve never watched those so can’t tell you how great they are for capturing interesting stuff (so far not a lot to bother with)

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

This will be interesting. So far there are several people in the house that I like as individuals, but I don’t really see any chemistry as couples. We’ll see if that changes. 

I just noticed the pool. It’s huge! And I’m glad to see them using it. Other shows rarely see the cast actually enjoy the pool. 

• Love 2

Kind of a boring episode. Was there this much kissing and making out this early last season? I mean, there probably was, but it seems like we didn't see so much of it until later.

Kierstan is so much prettier without her makeup. I didn't even recognize her!

The conversation between Justine and Tre was surprisingly sweet, but I still don't think either one of them is into it. They like each other as friends, but Tre is clearly more attracted to Katelynn and Justine is just telling herself she wants Tre because she's afraid of being eliminated. That's how I read it anyway; they might surprise me.

Carrington's weight workouts are so strange. He's got a great body so it's working for him, but every time he starts in, all I can is one of the dancing Peanuts kids from the Christmas special.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Tre should pick Kaitlyn just because Justine is too desperate. I liked Justine the first episode but, not anymore. Why does it have to come down to Tre. I want Tre to be gone. 

All through last night episode I kept thinking about the choosing of these people for the show. There must’ve been hundreds or thousands of people who auditioned and the LI people picked THESE people. 

These girls wear too much makeup. It ages them significantly. I thought that Kaitlyn was so pretty when she was talking to Moira and James wearing little or no makeup. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, fishcakes said:

Kind of a boring episode. Was there this much kissing and making out this early last season? I mean, there probably was, but it seems like we didn't see so much of it until later.

Kierstan is so much prettier without her makeup. I didn't even recognize her!

The conversation between Justine and Tre was surprisingly sweet, but I still don't think either one of them is into it. They like each other as friends, but Tre is clearly more attracted to Katelynn and Justine is just telling herself she wants Tre because she's afraid of being eliminated. That's how I read it anyway; they might surprise me.

Carrington's weight workouts are so strange. He's got a great body so it's working for him, but every time he starts in, all I can is one of the dancing Peanuts kids from the Christmas special.

I could be wrong, but maybe there seems to be more kissing because there are already so many couples. Both last season and the UK version there are more people interacting, talking to other people, and unsure about who they’re interested in. So far every guy and girl has pretty much coupled up with the person they’re supposedly interested in. Except for Tre, Justine, and Kaitlynn who don’t seem interested in anyone. 

• Love 2

Kudos to Kaitlynn for not leading Tre on to try and stay. I think she could have pretty easily swayed Tre to pick her if she pretended to be interested, flirted, kissed him. She and Rachel are my favorites, so hopefully they bring more good people on. 

Edited by Stan39
Correct
  • Love 3

I think Tre knew that new guys were due to come in next and figured out that Justine would be a safer bet to get through the next recoupling.   Still don't like him but at least he and Justine can continue their Vegas vacation.

And I never, ever would have picked Calvin the ex-bug sprayer to be the one to stir things up.  Nice move with sending the text to Carrington that Keirsten was his second date.

Run, Moira, run.  Hopefully she can get something going with bug spray guy as James is just scary.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I think Tre knew that new guys were due to come in next and figured out that Justine would be a safer bet to get through the next recoupling.   Still don't like him but at least he and Justine can continue their Vegas vacation.

And I never, ever would have picked Calvin the ex-bug sprayer to be the one to stir things up.  Nice move with sending the text to Carrington that Keirsten was his second date.

Run, Moira, run.  Hopefully she can get something going with bug spray guy as James is just scary.

I was with you until you said run to bug spray guy. Lol. Kid looks and sounds like he’s 12 years old. And Caleb is just a typical douchebag

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I was with you until you said run to bug spray guy. Lol. Kid looks and sounds like he’s 12 years old. And Caleb is just a typical douchebag

I feel that Moira doesn't have much of a choice right now and even though Calvin isn't much, at least he doesn't give off stalker vibes like James--yet. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I agree 110% with everything Cindybee said!!  Just want to add how sorry I am to see Kaitlynn leave the villa.  She was (by far) my favorite contestant.  She's pretty, sweet, reasonable and level and I think she would have been an interesting person to follow along this journey.  Too early to send anyone home.  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I was really hoping Kaitlyn would stay as she is just so easy to look at and I liked her interactions with people... and Justine looks so much better without her hair pulled back.

James is really getting creepy, I'm glad somebody else was thinking that too! I hope Moira does go with Bug Boy. James is the kind of guy that asks you if you'll keep having sex together now that you're broken up. His "Sure I'll wait for you *pause* but it still sucks." response to her "slow your roll" talks is not real comforting. It sounded a bit like "I'll wait for you... to change your mind and see I'm right."

I think Mackenzie looked better with straight hair.

Begone Tre!!

Oh and my own thinking on Carrington is that he's actually a virgin. He jsut seems so inexperienced in life in general. And his "I slept with someone twice my age" lie to the producers fishing for juicy details sounded a lot like "I've laid a bunch of women in the Niagra Falls area, but obviously you wouldn't know them..." to me. I'm not buyin it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I was really hoping Kaitlyn would stay as she is just so easy to look at and I liked her interactions with people... and Justine looks so much better without her hair pulled back.

James is really getting creepy, I'm glad somebody else was thinking that too! I hope Moira does go with Bug Boy. James is the kind of guy that asks you if you'll keep having sex together now that you're broken up. His "Sure I'll wait for you *pause* but it still sucks." response to her "slow your roll" talks is not real comforting. It sounded a bit like "I'll wait for you... to change your mind and see I'm right."

I think Mackenzie looked better with straight hair.

Begone Tre!!

Oh and my own thinking on Carrington is that he's actually a virgin. He jsut seems so inexperienced in life in general. And his "I slept with someone twice my age" lie to the producers fishing for juicy details sounded a lot like "I've laid a bunch of women in the Niagra Falls area, but obviously you wouldn't know them..." to me. I'm not buyin it.

James was putting in on pretty thick, and it seemed really out of place. He’s known Moira (and everybody else) less than a week. Does he really expect her to want to have sex essentially in public? But Bug Spray boy just looks like Doogie Howser. And I don’t see any of the girls going for Caleb, except maybe Justine. I honestly think I could put together a better looking/more interesting cast just going out one night in my city and asking a bunch of 20-somethings. 

Bringing it back to James and sex talk, Mackenzie said something similar to Connor when she asked him about his one night stand. She didn’t put pressure on him, but she made that “cookie in the cookie jar” comment about when she decides to have sex with someone she expects it a lot. I honestly hate this kind of talk, girls using sex as some prize they offer guys who do and say the right things. Or, that they get to control sex in a relationship. I know men are horndogs (especially in their twenties) but I feel like everything in a relationship should be a partnership where each side is heard and has a say. Nobody should feel pressured to have sex when they’re not ready, but it also shouldn’t be controlled by only one party. I don’t think it will really matter, though. Connor seems really simple to me and doesn’t seem to have a lot going on upstairs. I think he’s fine being told what to do all the time if it turns into that. 

• Love 5

I was only half watching toward the end (this season is much more boring to me than last season, for some reason, and also I was on twitter following the Chadwick Boseman news), so could someone tell me what was in the text that made everyone start shouting? It wasn't the Orkin Man's text to Carrington about Kierstan, it was the one before that. I think it was something to do with Rachel and Jeremiah.

I'm sorry, but how are we not talking about THIS:

The way Jeremiah keeps sneaking looks at Johnny while they're singing is KILLING me. Also, Johnny writes songs like he cuts hair. Did you see what he did to Tre's head? Even Tre doesn't deserve that.

James is starting to seem like a creep. He thinks in the real world they would already have had sex? I know they're together 24 hours a day, but it was still only about four days when he said that.

I would have preferred that Kaitlynn stay over Justine, but I agree with @CindyBee that Justine was the safer choice for Tre. All the guys seem to really like her -- they all talk about what a nice good person she is -- but no one seems romantically interested in her at all. If they're still together when it gets closer to the end and the audience gets to vote on which couples to keep and which to eliminate, I think they'll be gone.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 3

I think Tre's decision was based a lot on which girl he figured would be more into allowing him to jump their bones during the shared bed cuddle time.  Kaitlyn essentially said no thanks to that and Justine kind of reeks of desperation, so decision made.  I think Tre is still a player, despite his "I'm reformed' talk.   He can leave any time.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Suzysite said:

I think Tre's decision was based a lot on which girl he figured would be more into allowing him to jump their bones during the shared bed cuddle time.  Kaitlyn essentially said no thanks to that and Justine kind of reeks of desperation, so decision made.  I think Tre is still a player, despite his "I'm reformed' talk.   He can leave any time.

I actually think Tre made the decision based on which girl was likely to jump ship when new guys arrived. I hate to say it, but he probably figures any new guys would go for Kaitlynn because A) she’s hot and B) she’s not really into Tre. I’m sorry, but I don’t think there’s going to be a new guy who goes for Justine, so Tre probably thinks he can survive more elimination rounds with Justine as a friend partner than Kaitlynn. 

And to the poster above about the gasp, I think you’re referring to the text from Caleb asking Rachel out on a date. We’ll see how that goes. I think Rachel is too good for Jeremiah, but Caleb seems like a sleaze ball and I don’t see a lot of the girls being attracted to his cockiness. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

And to the poster above about the gasp, I think you’re referring to the text from Caleb asking Rachel out on a date.

Was there something in it that was terrible? Because everyone was "ooooohing" about it and I heard someone (maybe Jeremiah) say it was "disrespectful." But dating other people is ... the show. I don't get why they had that big reaction.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

Was there something in it that was terrible? Because everyone was "ooooohing" about it and I heard someone (maybe Jeremiah) say it was "disrespectful." But dating other people is ... the show. I don't get why they had that big reaction.

I think they just overreacted for the cameras. They would have done the same for Mackenzie or Cely I’m guessing. 

• Love 1

I think it's James himself who may have opened Moira's eyes that he's probably not the sweet, understanding, perfect guy after all.  If I were her, I would feel as though the clock is ticking and I've just been put on notice that we ARE going to be having sex, whether now or later.   How dare anyone make that decision for me!  And do I have to point out, this show is airing on national tv?  Mothers, fathers, grandparents, relatives, friends, coworkers, are all watching this show.  Clearly, what happens in Vegas is brought to a tv near you.  Be true to yourself Moira (and everyone else!).  If it feels wrong, it probably is.

• Love 11
On 8/27/2020 at 4:58 AM, Stan39 said:

And the way Mackenzie explained how guys look at her makes me think she sees herself as a trophy.  “Yeah, of course guys look at me and see me as a trophy, because I’m so hot, but then they get intimidated by how smart I am, also.” That’s how I read it. But I think you’re right, that she’s really more trouble than it’s worth. People feel the need to talk that way about themselves when they’re insecure and don’t really believe it. Truly confident people don’t give a shit why some people don’t like them and move on to genuine people who value them. 

Is it just me or is there something really weird about Mackensie's face?  She is beautiful and has a great body, but somehow something about her almost complete lack of a chin makes me think she is really close to being ugly.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

Is it just me or is there something really weird about Mackensie's face?  She is beautiful and has a great body, but somehow something about her almost complete lack of a chin makes me think she is really close to being ugly.

Too much plastic surgery. Her lip injections are too big for her face. Kierstan, too, but compared to Mackenzie Kierstan looks natural. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

Thank you!!! It was driving me crazy!!

Another reason Rachel is my favorite. It doesn’t look like she’s had any work done, doesn’t appear to wear much makeup, yet seems more confident and sure of herself than anyone else there. I actually think she and Johnny would make the best couple if they tried. 

• Love 5

Man, James and his "it's been 4 days; it's time for sex" made me want to reach through the TV screen and slap him silly. I would use a dead trout to make it more humiliating for him.

Justine, woman, you need to stop acting like life is over if you're not married in the he,t 30 days.

• Love 3

I’m watching the clip show and they replayed this gem from Carrington: “Kierstan is so sexy. She’s like a flight attendant on a private plane.” 😂 100% chance this kid dreams about having a bachelor pad with remote control drapes.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, fishcakes said:

I’m watching the clip show and they replayed this gem from Carrington: “Kierstan is so sexy. She’s like a flight attendant on a private plane.” 😂 100% chance this kid dreams about having a bachelor pad with remote control drapes.

Hahahah. Didn’t he also say, “ ... in Dubai” ? Ok. That’s specific. Me thinks Carrington isn’t the smartest.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

While I’m feeling snarky... I think the format of them having to use that quasi 3rd person during the recoupleing “this person has pretty eyes, this girl Makes me feel comfortable ... blah blah” is idiotic. But maybe it’s easier for them to talk about feelings that way? I’m not a psychologist. Anyway, I noticed that James screwed his up and used “you”. And I laughed. I guess glasses don’t make you intelligent like in the movies. 

Also Mackenzies lips, girl say no to the frosted light lip color. 

6 hours ago, Refresh said:

While I’m feeling snarky... I think the format of them having to use that quasi 3rd person during the recoupleing “this person has pretty eyes, this girl Makes me feel comfortable ... blah blah” is idiotic. But maybe it’s easier for them to talk about feelings that way? I’m not a psychologist. Anyway, I noticed that James screwed his up and used “you”. And I laughed. I guess glasses don’t make you intelligent like in the movies. 

Also Mackenzies lips, girl say no to the frosted light lip color. 

It’s like that in all the countries. Producers coach them on how to express who they’re choosing. They also coach them to on how to interact. I always think it’s weird they say stuff like, “I’m looking forward to having more conversations with her” but that’s what the show wants. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, DoYouLikeMutton said:

What did you all think of the 2-hour recap show?  Are you going to watch the recap every week, or stick to the regular week day shows instead, or both?

There was very little new content, so I would probably only watch the recap if I missed an episode during the week. On the other hand, the snarky narrator does new voiceovers, which almost makes it worth the time. That's one great thing about the show; it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/30/2020 at 12:38 AM, fishcakes said:

.... Don't we all? 😁

• LOL 1