Type keyword(s) to search

2020 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

ByTor
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

You know as bad as that is, it makes me feel somewhat better as a mom. My teen boys don't seem to wash their hands and I am forever yelling "wash your hands" after I hear they are in the bathroom. I can't understand why they don't. We always did washy washy washy songs when they were growing up and they were so good. I've resorted to placing 20 bottles of hand sanitizer around my house.

Before the pandemic, I would say a year ago. I was getting out of the bathroom stall at my work and a women before me came out and she was about to walk out the door without washing her hands! When she heard me come out of the bathroom she did a weird awkward turn to the paper towels as if she was grabbing paper towels before washing her hands. When covid hit, I knew it was going to spread like wildfire just with that experience alone. 😩

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, lexie3248 said:

Before the pandemic, I would say a year ago. I was getting out of the bathroom stall at my work and a women before me came out and she was about to walk out the door without washing her hands! When she heard me come out of the bathroom she did a weird awkward turn to the paper towels as if she was grabbing paper towels before washing her hands. When covid hit, I knew it was going to spread like wildfire just with that experience alone. 😩

I'm not sure of the proper emoji! Surprise? Maybe sad!

8 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Oh sweetie...I wish I could tell you why & I’m dying 😆🤣 

Hmmm, what emoji reaction for this one too?

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I'm not sure of the proper emoji! Surprise? Maybe sad!

Hmmm, what emoji reaction for this one too?

Just go with the ‘❤️Like’ button...it’s safe, yet effective & you hope you won’t get questioned on why you chose a certain emoji 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I'll add...She struggling with the weight of the world on her shoulders. A history of devastating anxiety and depression. Academics -Finals. Morally conflicted about being there to begin with. Knowing that COVID is surging and there's not some essential need for a frivolous training camp. Watching as girls put on their masks for show alone. And now being told she will possibly lose the one support system she loves. "Now Hannah -Come on Hannah - where's that joy? Show us"

What a strong woman she must be as she watches this unfold on national television. I wish they'd honor her real struggle and I wish they had talked with her privately. Instead, this world class sisterhood intensifies the spotlight and uses her for ratings.

This is just my opinion and my opinion alone after hearing what she told them in the office I for one myself and myself only would of  wrote them an email and told them I won’t be joining this season and moved on to better myself with what I’m struggling with !! And gain just my opinion 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I see that. I am only guessing... She probably thought that she needed to be with her friends and doing something she loved in order to help cope with all that weight. To not join, could have been even more isolating and defeating. Yet going to training camp, weighed on her heavily. She was really caught with no easy solution. Either way, it didn't need to be aired.

I can totally see that 

• Love 4
On 12/21/2020 at 5:05 PM, Opine said:

So I am watching a re-run of Will & Grace the other day - and Jack has a dance opportunity with Janet Jackson.  I almost dropped my beer!  She came out, and it hit me!  Sydney looks like her!  Maybe not today, but at the time JJ was in that episode for sure.  I live in ATL, so when Sydney seemed familiar I wondered if I hadn't just seen her around.  Now I know it is that episode of W&G.

This is where it stops. I hope no one else here allows you to disrespect Janet Jackson that way. Sydney absolutely does not look like her lol. Not pre surgery Janet or post-op Janet. Janet has never had a forehead or jawline like Sydney. This comparison crosses the line lol. A few pages back she was compared to Eartha Kitt. Now that’s more accurate. Janet is a 10! Sydney is a 5 on a good day and a 4 every other day of the week. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, bernie2018 said:

Seeing the preview for next weeks show, they showed my girl, Kristen, dancing, then show the one guy judge saying to ‘never let her do hip hop’, then Kelli saying, ‘it was bad’ (or something to that effect, to lazy to go back & search)

Anyway...Please Lord, let it not be Kristen!!! 🙏🏼 

Maybe it was Maddie🤔

• LOL 22
29 minutes ago, Itswhatisaid said:

This is where it stops. I hope no one else here allows you to disrespect Janet Jackson that way. Sydney absolutely does not look like her lol. Not pre surgery Janet or post-op Janet. Janet has never had a forehead or jawline like Sydney. This comparison crosses the line lol. A few pages back she was compared to Eartha Kitt. Now that’s more accurate. Janet is a 10! Sydney is a 5 on a good day and a 4 every other day of the week. 

I find both Sydney and Eartha Kitt beautiful.  Different strokes, I guess.  That being said, there aren't too many women who look as good as Janet Jackson.  Miss Jackson if you're nasty.

Edited by Weeklydcc
  • LOL 9
  • Love 8

None would happen to have the preview of next week’s episode? For some odd reason, by DVR cut off towards the end and I was only to see the solos. If not, it’s totally fine just thought I’d ask 🤣

8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

"Now do it without socks and a carpet"

Did you see her response video where she does it barefoot on a wood floor?  That looked, and sounded, painful😕

No I didn’t see that. Can’t believe that’s the comment they made!! So unprofessional!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:
7 hours ago, vanillagum said:

Honestly, any average dancer with proper flexibility and know-how could do the jump split. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ve played rugby on turf and it’s not as tough as rea

Yes, the average dancer. Not the average person of average flexibility with no dance background, that’s my point. Not saying it’s the hardest thing in the world, just that it requires SOME conditioning, you can’t just do it out of nowhere. The average person can’t even do a split without working on it for at least weeks or months 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, vanillagum said:

That tiktok is so dumb. Your average person can't just jump up in the air and land in a split, so clearly you have some kind of background there that makes that easier. Also, it didn't look good, honey. And yes, on socks and a carpet isn't even comparable. 

i don’t think they’re actually as hard as they look to be fair 

Edited by Mvdb
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Itswhatisaid said:

Hahaha!  I debated posting that.  I was afraid someone would take offense!  I did look up current pics of JJ and not so much, but watch that episode of W&G.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Pau84 said:

I still can't figure out why they cut Tori and Ashlinn. I would have cut more veterans to have them on the team, and 'raise the bar' that has been lowered for years for unfathomable reasons. Both have the look and can dance.

My thoughts on Hannah are that she was cut for walking the tightrope of mental health too obviously and not for her dancing. Her cut dangerously defines the squad as to be uplifting for the spectators but not for the dancers, which is very harsh.

Right!  They are EASILY better than a few senior vets and Alora Rose.....I don't get it!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, jammen said:

None would happen to have the preview of next week’s episode? For some odd reason, by DVR cut off towards the end and I was only to see the solos. If not, it’s totally fine just thought I’d ask 🤣

They typically post it on the DCC making the team Facebook and Twitter within a few days but the preview showed next week is solos/show group auditions. 

• Love 2

I think they featured Caroline a lot more last night than they ever have.. I hope that means they are setting her up to split point next year. I think I’ve decided she’s my favorite as far as dance goes.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I find both Sydney and Eartha Kitt beautiful.  Different strokes, I guess.  That being said, there aren't too many women who look as good as Janet Jackson.  Miss Jackson if you're nasty.

Exactly! I respect your response because for me, Sydney isn’t attractive. Just how many people here find Marissa unattractive. Different strokes. I was simply saying she is nowhere near as beautiful as Janet. Not from my perspective lol. You can’t put a girl like Sydney next to Kat & Darian and tell me Sydney is the prettiest cause she looks like Janet. There’s just no freakin way 😂. I’d laugh hysterically because again, she’s not attractive to me. No other posters should be offended. If we can talk about how Marissa & VK (who y’all compare to a horse quite a bit) aren’t cute, Sydney is fair game too. 

Edited by Itswhatisaid
  • Love 8

I have said it 3 time before and I will say it again, I predict Tori will make the team next year.  She is killing it, she never makes mistakes and she always gets positive feedback.  She is even lighter blonde now and we know how Kelli likes blondes.  Tori, Elli and Claire are my favorites to watch dance.  

• Love 8

at the end of last night episode, during the preview for next week, one of the judges (I forgot his name ) said - "Don't ever let her dance hip hop ". whom was he referring to ?

Asking for a friend.... 😀

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

My heart goes out to Hannah.. more so now, in that her fate has been posted on this site.

Reading into more that what she said in the office, there is something deep going on besides dance..maybe a combination of events. More than just finals/projects from a tough school ( I peeked at her linkedin page), more than dancing alone with bugs in a basement, more than waiting for the phone call that vets could come/travel to the bubble, more than just not having the fire with her dance as she did last year....

She needs a hug.. someone close letting her know that all will be ok..

Honestly I think this year has just been a lot for everyone...just the things you listed are enough to weigh anyone down.  Even if you're someone who doesn't mask unless strictly required, ignores precautions, continues to fly here and there and everywhere (sooooo many current and former DCC,) life is still different.  (Plus civil unrest, super active hurricane season, wildfires, a tumultuous election year, etc. etc. etc.)  And if you're someone like Hannah who is studying mental health, super into the science, has family on the front lines and here you are in a fake bubble with half assed effort for a tv show...I can see it taking some shine off.

Moreso, it seems like Hannah was able to ignore the less savory parts of being a DCC in the past because the pros were still outweighing the cons.  I think this year the shine got taken way the hell off and she just didn't have it in her to fake it anymore.  She probably wasn't really ready to stop dancing, and Kelli went ahead and made that decision for her.  I don't love it for anyone involved, and Hannah is one of my favorites to watch.  I guess some of the shine is gone for me too!

• Love 23
1 hour ago, sATL said:

at the end of last night episode, during the preview for next week, one of the judges (I forgot his name ) said - "Don't ever let her dance hip hop ". whom was he referring to ?

I asked too & thought it was in reference to my girl, Kristen, cuz they showed her dancing, then the guy commenting & I freaked 🙄😆

Then, someone here replied, that maybe the guy was talking about ‘Maddie’ 😆 

Added:

Someone did suggest Hannah or Meredith 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wonder if Lemonbus would know? Do you know who did a hip-hop routine that got such a negative response 

Edited by bernie2018
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

I have said it 3 time before and I will say it again, I predict Tori will make the team next year.  She is killing it, she never makes mistakes and she always gets positive feedback.  She is even lighter blonde now and we know how Kelli likes blondes.  Tori, Elli and Claire are my favorites to watch dance.  

Team tori for sure !! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sATL said:

My guess is Lily or Brennan...sadly.

3 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

She really did look so sad, I just wanted to give her a huge hug 😞 I admire her being so open about what she's going through. It's so shitty that she had legit worries about virus precautions and had such a toll taken on her by everything and was booted because of it...if anyone is suffering that much under all of this, it means they really care and are really trying to protect themselves and those around them. It means they're being close to a shut-in or giving up socializing for a while, as they should. It's so easy for those who are going on with life as if nothing's wrong. But the fact she seems to be making sacrifices because of this and realizes the gravity of it makes me respect her so much more. It's easy to say she shouldn't have shown up to TC, but being a DCC is a ton of work and a major accomplishment, something she loves, so it'd be really hard for her to give that up on top of everything else. They convinced her they were going to be safe, but it was bs. She wanted it to be a safe space and her light at the end of the tunnel, but it wasn't. And even if they booted her because she's having a hard time, not because of her speaking up about their hygiene theater, that's shitty, too. She clearly was going through something

well said!

1 hour ago, kalibean said:

Honestly I think this year has just been a lot for everyone...just the things you listed are enough to weigh anyone down.  Even if you're someone who doesn't mask unless strictly required, ignores precautions, continues to fly here and there and everywhere (sooooo many current and former DCC,) life is still different.  (Plus civil unrest, super active hurricane season, wildfires, a tumultuous election year, etc. etc. etc.)  And if you're someone like Hannah who is studying mental health, super into the science, has family on the front lines and here you are in a fake bubble with half assed effort for a tv show...I can see it taking some shine off.

Moreso, it seems like Hannah was able to ignore the less savory parts of being a DCC in the past because the pros were still outweighing the cons.  I think this year the shine got taken way the hell off and she just didn't have it in her to fake it anymore.  She probably wasn't really ready to stop dancing, and Kelli went ahead and made that decision for her.  I don't love it for anyone involved, and Hannah is one of my favorites to watch.  I guess some of the shine is gone for me too!

Agree! When Hannah said "life perspective shift" --- you know she wasn't just talking about life in general.

• Love 10
12 hours ago, Holly85 said:

This is just my opinion and my opinion alone after hearing what she told them in the office I for one myself and myself only would of  wrote them an email and told them I won’t be joining this season and moved on to better myself with what I’m struggling with !! And gain just my opinion 

12 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I see that. I am only guessing... She probably thought that she needed to be with her friends and doing something she loved in order to help cope with all that weight. To not join, could have been even more isolating and defeating. Yet going to training camp, weighed on her heavily. She was really caught with no easy solution. Either way, it didn't need to be aired.

was there an option for the vet DCCs to opt out this season - like some of the players  had that as a choice? Something like they would have to re-audition at the final round in 2021, maybe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

I asked too & thought it was in reference to my girl, Kristen, cuz they showed her dancing, then the guy commenting & I freaked 🙄😆

Then, someone here replied, that maybe the guy was talking about ‘Maddie’ 😆 

Added:

Someone did suggest Hannah or Meredith 🤷🏻‍♂️

I wonder if Lemonbus would know? Do you know who did a hip-hop routine that got such a negative response 

Tori.

• Useful 8
  • Love 5
Just now, Jennv said:

Interesting, and she got booted from show group this year, like Jalyn did last year? Or am i mixed up? 

She either got booted or didn’t want to be considered for it since show group isn’t doing any shows 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

She either got booted or didn’t want to be considered for it since show group isn’t doing any shows 

Im interested in what happened, maybe they will tell us next week. Also from the screenshot posted earlier i am seriously annoyed that lexie got 2 judges stickers for show group, and made show group, while hanna got 3 and didn't even make the team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, Jennv said:

Im interested in what happened, maybe they will tell us next week. Also from the screenshot posted earlier i am seriously annoyed that lexie got 2 judges stickers for show group, and made show group, while hanna got 3 and didn't even make the team.

I’m sure there was a reason why Lexie got sg and the team and only two stickers 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

I’m sure there was a reason why Lexie got sg and the team and only two stickers 

Lol, right? She probably got kelli's sticker, which is the only sticker that counts. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

Lord someone put me out of my misery:

Hannah's stickers:  Melissa, Neil and SP???  Who is SP?  The gold sticker.

Lexi's stickers:  Kelli & Judy.  (I like Lexi, so this doesn't bug me one little bit.)

Kristen also got one of those gold stickers, and it's blurry on the screen grab, but I also think it's SP.  Marissa didn't get one of Judy's, which I thought was interesting.  And Rachel W didn't get the SP.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

So after watching this episode, past episodes, and seeing Hannah’s office visit. I mean I guess this shouldn’t be an excuse but the rookies are all women who just graduated where they’re in that weird limbo of just graduated and not having a job yet and seem to have strong support systems that allow them to audition for DCC and give up 2 weeks for training camp (I’m only going based off Marissa’s reason for auditioning and Shannon’s reason). The veterans are already set their lives in Texas and have careers (that Kelli loves soooo much to promote), Hannah had finals and has a personal stress regarding her mom being a nurse during the pandemic also she’s dealing with her depression. 

I myself am working from home and decided to take one class (calculus of all classes) that ended up being completely virtual, I was so stressed and taking tests virtually are worse than I thought. I can feel for Hannah and I get she had a choice to not participate but seeing it from my perspective I get it and based on some theories or inside information the veterans had to do extra work before getting to training camp. I’m just a little upset how Judy said Hannah had so much stress on herself like this was just some regular summer like you have plexiglass between Hannah and you, this is not a normal time. 

now that would have been a good side story for the show to highlight in the last 2 episodes.

Just what did the vets do during shutdown ? Many kid-adults moved back home as they were laid off, to get out of $$ on rent (landlord permitting)  . Many moved back home to help out the the family (ie younger siblings/grandparents) . Not every corporate job kept the same work day/schedule - ie furlough. Suely someone had to work in a office that had to close/slow down due to being downstream (ie sales), or declared non-essential. Some of the school systems closed earlier than the normal end-of-year schedule, or they  taught  via zoom. Those who work in elective medical offices, were closed for a while. Dance/fitness studios were some taught or took classes, were closed. How did they maintain their DCC look with salons closed - any DIY tips they want to share? What home workout routines did they develop or follow ? Any DCC develop a side-hustle? Did charity work - as there are those in need of food and/or masks?

I mean out of 29 vets - surely someone has a story to tell..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Lord someone put me out of my misery:

Hannah's stickers:  Melissa, Neil and SP???  Who is SP?  The gold sticker.

Lexi's stickers:  Kelli & Judy.  (I like Lexi, so this doesn't bug me one little bit.)

Kristen also got one of those gold stickers, and it's blurry on the screen grab, but I also think it's SP.  Marissa didn't get one of Judy's, which I thought was interesting.  And Rachel W didn't get the SP.  

SP is Scott Padgett the meteorologist aka Mr. "Don't ever have her dance hip hop again"

Edited by LilBlueDCCStar
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, LilBlueDCCStar said:

SP is Scott Padgett the meteorologist aka Mr. "Don't ever have her dance hip hop again"

Lol! Scott ‘I call em as I see em, don’t care if its a legacy’ Padgett. My hero😂

• LOL 5
  • Love 13
35 minutes ago, Pies said:
  Reveal spoiler

Does Kat get the credit she deserves now? Her critics have been silenced, there's nothing to fault her on with her improved technique, she ticks all the boxes.

I'm not a Kat hater, but people are entitled to their opinions about her. They can think she sucks in some aspects, but she's good in other ways. Lol or if they just think she's not good at all, and should have been cut. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 20