Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Brainwave

tessaray
  • Start Topic

Air date: July 13, 2020

Tensions rise among the JSA members after Courtney suggests who she wants to recruit next to the team; Barbara invites Jordan and his family over for dinner; Henry Jr. makes a surprising discovery about his father.

Overall very good progression this week. Lots of storylines moving forward, and a a lot of quietly scary moments.

However, I'm not quite sure why Barbara was surprised by the staff glowing and floating, but actually shocked enough to start screaming and dropping things once it turned into an inanimate metal stick on the floor. That was a very strange way to do the scene.

At last, the Seven Soldiers. I'm guessing that at least two of them ( other than the Star-Spangled Kid and Stripesy) will look familiar to many of you...

I'm not sure how many kids Courtney's age would pull up a detailed Village People reference, though.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, MarkHB said:

I'm not sure how many kids Courtney's age would pull up a detailed Village People reference, though.

Don't forget Henry never thinking twice about how to work a VCR. Regarding Henry (he, showing my age) - what a miserable day he had. Finding out about his Dad's first murder, coping with his new power and all the darkness it brings along, giving in to the dark side and then meeting the dark side in Yolanda which suddenly made him the target of what he perceived as justified rage since humans suck. And as if that's not enough he just committed his first murder. Well at least he got Dad back *eyeroll* But again: this show knows how to write compelling villains.

Speaking of compelling villains: a tad risky of Icicle's parents to blabber on in Norwegian like that. But I guess they assume Icicle would just kill anyone who turns out to understand. And Cameron's a bit lazy if he never bothered to pick up at least some basic skills.

I don't think Pat overreacted to a shiny hovering object in her basement. She did not faint nor run away but kept her ground after the initial fright demanding an explanation - which should be interesting to hear.

• Love 1

I wanted to feel sympathy for Henry, what he was going through couldn't be easy, but him going on about how awful people are after he made Yolanda's life a living hell made me want to punch him in the face. I don't think he sent those pictures, but I do know he called her a slut, probably more than once, and it looked like he had fun doing it. But everyone else is trash? Yeah, okay, dude.

I need Hour Boy to tone down his edginess just a smidgen.

Beth is the best.

So is Pat.

Barbara knows. Good! She deserves to know what reckless shenanigans her daughter insists on getting up to. And we'll finally find out if Sylvester was really Court's dad.

• Love 7
(edited)

Another good episode that ends us on a CLIFFHANGER!!! Damn you! 

The fight for Henrys "soul" was good. I really enjoyed Courtney and Yolandas discussions with him. He acts as if everyone who isnt him or his father are horrible people so hopefully those convos get through to him. 

We learn that Pat and Starman were part of the 7 Soliders of Victory before they joined the JSA! Though it still drives me wild that Pat has spent all this time in the superhero buisness and never got himself a mask to sheild his identity! I was trying to see if that was Green Arrow and Speedy in the picture with them because it kind of looked like their original outfits. Looks like it is them! Now it's just a matter of if they'll ever confirm it in the show and have them show up.
Ec0RcPtXYAAJ4Tq?format=png&name=900x900
latest?cb=20131213115000

Poor Shiv is sidelined and locked up, such a shame. 

The dinner party with Courtney/Jordan was very fun! Once she figured out who he was, you could just feel all the tension from her. Though has the school dance already taken place? Because I feel like they havent really done anything to develop Courtney/Cameron. That is probably the weakest aspect of the seris thus far. 

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

Don't forget Henry never thinking twice about how to work a VCR. Regarding Henry (he, showing my age)

YES! lol during that scene I was wondering "will he tinker around with it to see how it works?" but alas...he's a VCR pro.

And the Cosmic Staff continues to be funny as hell. When Barbara walked downstairs the CS was all "oh sh**!" and then plays dead.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

I was trying to see if that was Green Arrow and Speedy in the picture with them because it kind of looked like their original outfits. Looks like it is them! Now it's just a matter of if they'll ever confirm it in the show and have them show up.

It would have been hilarious had they gotten Stephen Amell to show up and wear that outfit for the photo.

Dragon King casually walking over to the cell door after Cindy threatened to kill him and shutting the little window was played perfectly.  But I did NOT expect him to follow with, "Gas her.  It always calmed her down when she was a baby."  No wonder the rest of the ISA gives him the stink-eye!

• Love 3
6 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Dragon King casually walking over to the cell door after Cindy threatened to kill him and shutting the little window was played perfectly.  But I did NOT expect him to follow with, "Gas her.  It always calmed her down when she was a baby."  No wonder the rest of the ISA gives him the stink-eye!

Oh the Dragon King is down right scary. As crazy as Sportsmaster and Tigress are, they wouldn't go that far when it comes to Artemis. The problem with Henry is, he is basically having a nervous breakdown, interesting he didn't question just why his mother was so scared even if she KNEW the truth. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

Another good episode that ends us on a CLIFFHANGER!!! Damn you! 

The fight for Henrys "soul" was good. I really enjoyed Courtney and Yolandas discussions with him. He acts as if everyone who isnt him or his father are horrible people so hopefully those convos get through to him. 

We learn that Pat and Starman were part of the 7 Soliders of Victory before they joined the JSA! Though it still drives me wild that Pat has spent all this time in the superhero buisness and never got himself a mask to sheild his identity! I was trying to see if that was Green Arrow and Speedy in the picture with them because it kind of looked like their original outfits. Looks like it is them! Now it's just a matter of if they'll ever confirm it in the show and have them show up.
Ec0RcPtXYAAJ4Tq?format=png&name=900x900
latest?cb=20131213115000

Poor Shiv is sidelined and locked up, such a shame. 

The dinner party with Courtney/Jordan was very fun! Once she figured out who he was, you could just feel all the tension from her. Though has the school dance already taken place? Because I feel like they havent really done anything to develop Courtney/Cameron. That is probably the weakest aspect of the seris thus far. 

Is... Is Pat immortal? That picture looks ancient and Pat looks the same.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, MarkHB said:

It's Earth-2 -- maybe the Village People are still touring.

Heck, The Who's first farewell tour was in 1982, and they are still touring today (maybe not just right now due to the coronavirus pandemic).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, RobertDeSneero said:

I think Cindy's going to carry through with her threat to kill her father at some point in the show.

The entire ISA is on the verge of blowing themselves up at this point. Only Icicle and Gambler and to a point, Fiddler are keeping the group from imploding. 

Loved the flashbacks about Brainwave's origin story. Hard to believe he never destroyed those tapes, or at least had them converted to something that he could encrypt somewhere, but, questionable venue or not, I'm glad we got to see that. How did he become okay with what he can do now, though? Working in a crowded, high stress environment at the hospital? Sitting in meeting with a bunch of evil, noxious personalities? I would expect him to gravitate toward a much more reclusive lifestyle.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Loved the flashbacks about Brainwave's origin story. Hard to believe he never destroyed those tapes, or at least had them converted to something that he could encrypt somewhere, but, questionable venue or not, I'm glad we got to see that. How did he become okay with what he can do now, though? Working in a crowded, high stress environment at the hospital? Sitting in meeting with a bunch of evil, noxious personalities? I would expect him to gravitate toward a much more reclusive lifestyle.

I say it goes back to the "god complex" many doctors end up with, especially being a neurologist. Very ego driven.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Henry's story seemed like it belonged in an X-men comic. I did like the irony that Courtney took a leap of faith on Henry, when he was too far gone and now she's gunshy with Cameron, who's totally innocent.

Barbara finally finding out should be fun.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Henry's story seemed like it belonged in an X-men comic. I did like the irony that Courtney took a leap of faith on Henry, when he was too far gone and now she's gunshy with Cameron, who's totally innocent.

Barbara finally finding out should be fun.

I also like how Courtney figured out who Jordan was. Plus, then thinking about who he is and his power in the town and what Beth and Rick learned. Yeah, it is all making sense. That poor lawyer, tried to get a side deal for money and was killed by an angry teen and it in turns wakes up his dad. 

• Love 1

Seeing the "origin" of Brainwave through video tape confessions was an interesting approach.  Luckily, the King family apparently keeps VCRs around!  Really, between this and how VCRs are still a thing on Riverdale, the CW seems to be on a quest to make those a thing again!

Still curious to see where things are going with Henry Jr.  On one hand, I do imagine that hearing the worst of everyone's thoughts would do a number on most everyone, and I can see why a teenager like him would assume the worst of humanity and lash out like he does.  But at the end of day, most everyone has had a bad thought or fantasy at one point in their life, but moving past it and being better is what makes them good, so Henry's (or, really, both King men's) view is; as Courtney said; really shallow view of things, and other aspects and contexts needs to be taken into consideration.  Of course, now that Henry Jr. has (accidentally) killed someone and his dad is finally awake, who knows what is going to happen now.

While I understand Courtney reaching out to Henry for assistance, I'm not surprised that Yolanda is resisting it, after what he did to her.  He really needs to make amends with her somehow, if he ever wants a shot at changing.  Rick's refusal was kind of flimsy though.  It just felt like they just wanted to split up the JSA on this issue, and it made more sense to have Beth on Courtney's side, but they really didn't put much effort towards why Rick would side with Yolanda.

Ah, a good old-fashioned "Hero, villain, and their respected families together, unaware that their sworn enemy is right in front of  them!" dinner.  Those are always fun.  Loved all of the interactions.  In particular, Neil Jackson really does a good job at making Jordan come off like a likable and friendly enough of a guy, who would seem like an average, normal boss, if viewers hadn't already seen him kill with people with his magical ice powers (including a kid!)  But thanks to that hotpot mistake, Courtney and Pat now know his true identity, so that should be fun!

We find out what kind of dad Dr. Ito is.  He's apparently the parent who punishes his unruly daughter by locking her in a cell/room and then gassing her, if she needs to "calm down."  I.... guess that's one method of parenting....

I kind of want to see an entire act of just the ISA having their meetings.  They're just such a fun, colorful group of folks!  I mean, sure, the whole use Brainwave's powers to mind-control the entire country thing might be a bit much, but they certainly don't lack ambition!

Pat's time with The Seven Soldiers will certainly factor in soon, I imagine.

Barbara sees the Cosmic Staff!  Who, hilariously, tries to play dead, which only makes things worse.  Hee!  Glad it looks like she's going to be looped in now.  I can't wait for Courtney and Pat to have to tell her that she's working for the main baddie too!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, readster said:

That poor lawyer, tried to get a side deal for money and was killed by an angry teen and it in turns wakes up his dad. 

I wasn't quite sure if Henry or his dad killed the lawyer, I thought the dad might have awaken just in time to hear the lawyer think he would steal all the the money and Brainwave killed him. This might keep Henry clean enough to join the JSA if he saw his father kill somebody right in front of him. At least Henry got to hear Yolanda say that she loved him. Especially after Courtney's corny speech about love making people good.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, AnimeMania said:

I wasn't quite sure if Henry or his dad killed the lawyer, I thought the dad might have awaken just in time to hear the lawyer think he would steal all the the money and Brainwave killed him. This might keep Henry clean enough to join the JSA if he saw his father kill somebody right in front of him. At least Henry got to hear Yolanda say that she loved him. Especially after Courtney's corny speech about love making people good.

Probably is, Henry still called her a slut and he didn't say he "didn't send the picture". We know Cindy did and it was all a ploy to get Henry and Yolanda to break up and for Cindy to become Class President to have more control over the student body for her father. Yet, NO ONE KNOWS THAT!

• Love 1
16 hours ago, RobertDeSneero said:

I think Cindy's going to carry through with her threat to kill her father at some point in the show.

I wouldn't be surprised. Shiv is Stargirls archrival in the comics. She might just kill her dad and take his place and be the head of ISA Junior 

• Useful 1
16 minutes ago, readster said:

Probably is, Henry still called her a slut and he didn't say he "didn't send the picture". We know Cindy did and it was all a ploy to get Henry and Yolanda to break up and for Cindy to become Class President to have more control over the student body for her father. Yet, NO ONE KNOWS THAT!

Yep that's my problem with Henry. I've seen a couple of people over on another board say well saying he should die is just way harsh and acting like he has no fault in her Photo being released and like they forget what he called her when she only intended that photo FOR HIM not for him to show his buddies and risk it getting into the hands of Someone like Cindy 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Yep that's my problem with Henry. I've seen a couple of people over on another board say well saying he should die is just way harsh and acting like he has no fault in her Photo being released and like they forget what he called her when she only intended that photo FOR HIM not for him to show his buddies and risk it getting into the hands of Someone like Cindy 

Biggest part I really liked was Pat realizing they do need all the help they can get, especially after learning the Dragon King is involved and Cindy's father. I was waiting for Henry to slip and out one of the ISA members, yet Icicle screwed up, super villain 101, don't think people don't notice you powers when you are doing something a normal person would be hurt by. 

• Love 1

Totally took me out of the scene while I asked myself: "Do today's teenagers really know how to put a tape in a VCR and play it?"
And then: "Are all the writers so young that none of them recalls how finicky VCR players were?"
Disclaimer: I still have a combo DVR-VCR.

59 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Seeing the "origin" of Brainwave through video tape confessions was an interesting approach.  Luckily, the King family apparently keeps VCRs around!  Really, between this and how VCRs are still a thing on Riverdale, the CW seems to be on a quest to make those a thing again!

To be fair, if I'd ever thought LPs would be a thing again, maybe I'd have tried to hang onto my record player.

My potentially biggest problem with the show: People do not really change. They just become more of who they really are.
So the show better reveal that any reformed evil superhero was tortured by an abusive parent or something and then have them spend some quality time with the Psychotherapist to the Supes.

LOLed when the Icicle/Mahkent family showed up for the dinner party because they So. Looked like the Adams Family.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

My potentially biggest problem with the show: People do not really change. They just become more of who they really are.
So the show better reveal that any reformed evil superhero was tortured by an abusive parent or something and then have them spend some quality time with the Psychotherapist to the Supes.

LOLed when the Icicle/Mahkent family showed up for the dinner party because they So. Looked like the Adams Family.

I do enjoy the family dynamics the most. Here you have the Jordan Family where they seem very normal and yet you see the influence from Jordan's parents that lead to him being evil, yet does regret things. You have the Crocks are extreme Soccer Parents who over praise their daughter to be "a bad ass".  Bowen is then the opposite, she praises Issac and her skills to death and says how they are better than others, just don't kill people. You have the Itos where it's all abusive in a very strange way. Then you have the Wizard's family who was a loving and caring family that moved away from evil and got killed.

I know there only a few episodes left, but I love to see the Gambler's family from the comics. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Courtney: Henry, I-

Henry: You can't help me! I can move stuff and I can read minds, and people are the absolute worst!! Also, Yolanda made it clear-

Courtney; (interrupting) Well, I want to you to meet someone that might change your mind.

Beth: (big smile, vigorous waving)

Courtney: You've seen Beth Chapel. Now . . . REALLY see her!

Henry: Okay . . . (concentrating) This is . . . wow.

Courtney: What is it?

Henry: This is insane . . . it's like my brain is getting licked by puppies and kittens! And I can hear the Smurfs' theme music in the background!

Beth: (to Courtney) That isn't what I'm thinking . . . but on some level, I can totally buy that.

Henry: Wait, I'm hearing someone. "I warned you what would happen, you motherf-" YOLANDA!!!

Yolanda: DIIIIEE!!!!!! (lunging at Henry with Wildcat claws)

Courtney: Damn it, Yolanda! I thought I asked you not to wear the costume if you were gonna do this!

Beth: Oh, and Chuck translated the prayer  from Mr. Mahkent's parents. It's an interesting cross between "Norwegian" and "sinister"!

Henry's going through some shit. Cindy is neck-deep in shit. The ISA has designs on six Midwestern states because reasons. And it looks like Barbara just caught sight of an open can of worms. Either there's going to be a family meeting next week, or Pat is going to have to do some more fancy talking. "Honey, all I know is that you were tired, you were laying on the couch, and then the dog just sat on your face and farted. He did that to me once, I would have sworn I shook hands with Jesus."

Off to the comic thread!

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Brainwave had a hundred tapes, 3 minutes each. He should have consolidated his logs, he didn't need a different tape for each day. All he needed was 4 tapes max. He could have used all that extra space for his comic book collection.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I am sure it won't come to anything but, young boy acting weird, secret room filled with a hundred tapes, every tape says after "killing someone the voices in my head stop", maid worried about young boy, maid left alone in the house with the tapes and VCR.

• Useful 1

It moved the story along, but I feel like maybe one or two of the subplots could have gone in another episode. So many things going on.

One thing I have trouble believing (I thought this from earlier episodes) is that Cameron, in particular, never noticed anything weird about his dad and family. I mean, both his parents and grandparents seem to be fully on the Evil side, despite displaying the opposite; and even if they kept Cameron away from ISA stuff, none of their attitudes, etc. filtered through? He never even accidentally saw Icicle use his powers? His slip up at dinner makes me think he's lax about that around his family. They never even taught Cameron Norwegian??

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Trini said:

One thing I have trouble believing (I thought this from earlier episodes) is that Cameron, in particular, never noticed anything weird about his dad and family. I mean, both his parents and grandparents seem to be fully on the Evil side, despite displaying the opposite; and even if they kept Cameron away from ISA stuff, none of their attitudes, etc. filtered through? He never even accidentally saw Icicle use his powers? His slip up at dinner makes me think he's lax about that around his family. They never even taught Cameron Norwegian??

Maybe the Mankents abducted/adopted Cameron recently? Or he was away in private school and had a nanny before that? He does not look Norwegian. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Henry has powers that Courtney wants to exploit.  What could she think Cameron is going to do to the ISA, draw pictures at them?

Are you sure that Cameron is totally innocent?  We're being set up to see a potential conflict between a certain goodness in him and love for his family.  Are you sure he's not the kind of person who won't choose his father?  From a storytelling perspective, if you're going to have him take a turn to the dark side, wouldn't you consider setting that up by making him seem like an unlikely villain so that his turn is more shocking?  At this point, he seems almost too perfect.

I don't know.  Maybe this all ends with the ISA in jail and next season is a reverse of this situation, with a recruitment drive to form an ISA Jr. to bust their parents out of jail.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Telepathy is a real high risk high reward superpower isn't it? On the one hand, it can be super useful, especially when it goes beyond "just" reading minds and into throwing stuff at people and exploding peoples brains, but on the other, it can really suck to hear peoples thoughts all of the time, especially when you cant turn it off, and it can be so overwhelming that your brain can end up getting fried like an egg...

The backstory for Brainwave, and getting it through old VHS tapes he made as he studied his own condition, was interesting, as was seeing his turn from mild mannered scientist with a history of abuse and mockery to a supervillain who hates humanity. Its still hard to tell where Henry Jr. will land in all of this, I cant tell if he will follow in his fathers footsteps or turn against him quite yet. It seems like he went all "now that I can hear peoples thoughts they all suck" pretty quickly, saying just what his dad said, telling Courtney he isn't interested in what she is selling, and has been a pretty big jerk, especially in his first appearances, but I can see getting overwhelmed by his new powers and freaking out, not understanding what was happening and then hearing peoples crappy thoughts and how everyone hates his father (sucks that the main place he has hung out with his powers is a hospital, and that his dad was a jerk who nobody liked) and kind of want him dead, and he hasnt really used his powers to hurt anyone intentionally yet, beyond blasting Courtney while upset, and his killing the lawyer was an accident that he looked horrified by. Of course, his dad was horrified by his first kill, until he realized he liked it, so who knows? 

I really wish that someone would tell Yolanda that it was Cindy that spread the picture around, and not Henry. Yeah Henry did show it to some buddies, and apparently immediately dumped her and started making fun of and slut shaming her, so its not like she has no reason to be upset with him and maybe it doesn't even really matter who hit send, but it was Cindy that actually shared the photo out of petty revenge and to follow orders and hook up with Henry, and I just feel like that information should be out there. Also, I totally get Yolanda being super pissed off at him (as she should be) and not wanting him on the team, but maybe she should lay off the murder threats? She almost stabbed him when she first got her costume, and only stopped when he started crying about his dad, and is now threatening to kill him again! Pat or someone needs to remind her that, traditionally, heroes try not to murder people who piss them off, unless she plans on trading out her cat costume for a giant skull shirt. 

Dragon King is the kind of villain that manages to even creep other villains out every time he stops by. The second he came in the room, the rest of the ISA all started squirming around, with the Fiddler full on scooting her chair to get farther away from him. That guy is next level creepy, you can really tell how Cindy got to be such a charmer with a dad like that. Daughter acting up? Lock her in a cell and gas her, of course! Father of the year that one. 

Jordan really does seem like such a nice guy, but he can turn it off and get scary so quickly. The dinner was actually going pretty well (who doesn't love a prayer wishing death upon your enemies?!) and Courtney guessing who he was based on the hot bowl was pretty clever, but she still needs to learn to cool it (pun intended) when she is tangling with the ISA. He didn't seem to be any threat at the moment, just bide your time! I am still leaning towards Cameron not knowing who his dad really is, as the ISA seem to mostly be keeping their kids out of it with the exception of Dragon King, but I cant tell for sure. 

The Seven Soldiers! Shining Knight! Vigilante! We are really going all out in DC comics history! Pat really has had an extensive career as a superhero/sidekick, how long has he been doing this? Also, Pat looks great considering he hasn't seemed to age at all in any of these old pictures...is Pat immortal?!

"Yeah, we always argued about the name." 

Way to go staff, I am totally sure that Barbara didn't notice you at all! I hope that Barbara gets in the know, that would be a really interesting development, and its probably much better than lying to her. I mean, seriously, has not telling your friends and loved ones huge ass secrets that they really should know ever not ended horribly and made everything worse in the entire history of storytelling? 

• Love 4
(edited)
41 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I really wish that someone would tell Yolanda that it was Cindy that spread the picture around, and not Henry. Yeah Henry did show it to some buddies, and apparently immediately dumped her and started making fun of and slut shaming her, so its not like she has no reason to be upset with him and maybe it doesn't even really matter who hit send, but it was Cindy that actually shared the photo out of petty revenge and to follow orders and hook up with Henry, and I just feel like that information should be out there. Also, I totally get Yolanda being super pissed off at him (as she should be) and not wanting him on the team, but maybe she should lay off the murder threats? She almost stabbed him when she first got her costume, and only stopped when he started crying about his dad, and is now threatening to kill him again! Pat or someone needs to remind her that, traditionally, heroes try not to murder people who piss them off, unless she plans on trading out her cat costume for a giant skull shirt. 

I think it'll come up eventually, but since Yolanda can barely stop herself from killing Henry, I'm not sure if that'll be a good thing for her to learn, considering how vicious Cindy can be,

Dragon King is the kind of villain that manages to even creep other villains out every time he stops by. The second he came in the room, the rest of the ISA all started squirming around, with the Fiddler full on scooting her chair to get farther away from him.

Plus he brings his zombie henchmen to meetings. Who does that?

That guy is next level creepy, you can really tell how Cindy got to be such a charmer with a dad like that. Daughter acting up? Lock her in a cell and gas her, of course! Father of the year that one. 

Jokes aside, her father seems to either ignore her or gas her when he needs to deal with her, is it any wonder the girl can't create healthy relationships with people?

Edited by Diapason Untuned
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, Diapason Untuned said:

Plus he brings his zombie henchmen to meetings. Who does that?

Its so rude! Now they dont have enough lemonade and cookies for everyone! This is why we check the Guest Box on the meeting RSVP, Dragon King! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RobertDeSneero said:

Are you sure that Cameron is totally innocent?  We're being set up to see a potential conflict between a certain goodness in him and love for his family.  Are you sure he's not the kind of person who won't choose his father?  From a storytelling perspective, if you're going to have him take a turn to the dark side, wouldn't you consider setting that up by making him seem like an unlikely villain so that his turn is more shocking?  At this point, he seems almost too perfect.

I keep expecting them to reveal that Cameron does indeed know about his dad or something. Maybe the actor is just terrible (highly possible lol) but he comes off so fake and suspicious to me. Also, he really does look at least 30 years old lol.

The Henry actor was terrible in this ep but he seems so earnest so I like him anyway.

I don't understand what's happening with the janitor guy. I know virtually nothing about DC comics though and haven't watched any of the CW shows except for half a season of Flash and Supergirl and the first couples eps of LOT so that's probably making this show a little hard to follow.

33 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't understand what's happening with the janitor guy. I know virtually nothing about DC comics though and haven't watched any of the CW shows except for half a season of Flash and Supergirl and the first couples eps of LOT so that's probably making this show a little hard to follow.

I'm in the same boat. But I don't think it's the CW shows, just the DC comics, as I've seen every episode of the older shows (Arrow, Flash, Lot) and a lot of Supergirl and BL.  

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't understand what's happening with the janitor guy.

He's a guy who can fight and who recognizes Pat as Stripesy.  That's really all you need to know for now.  This show has a style where each episode is named after a character whose story is revealed in that episode.  Until the show decides that the character is important enough to merit the focus of an entire episode, you are probably not going to get much more than that.  When it does, I am certain you will get the same level of flashback-heavy backstory that we've gotten with Icicle, Brainwave, and the old Hourman.

You are supposed to recognize there is a mystery here (or you're supposed to recognize the character if you are a comic book fan).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

really wish that someone would tell Yolanda that it was Cindy that spread the picture around, and not Henry. Yeah Henry did show it to some buddies, and apparently immediately dumped her and started making fun of and slut shaming her, so its not like she has no reason to be upset with him and maybe it doesn't even really matter who hit send, but it was Cindy that actually shared the photo out of petty revenge and to follow orders and hook up with Henry, and I just feel like that information should be out there

I wish that they’d at least clarify Henry’s role and true feelings about the sexting. Do we know for sure that what Henry was showing his buddies *was* a picture of Yolanda sans bra? And do we know for sure that it was Henry texting Yolanda, asking for the picture, and not Cindy (having hacked or cloned his phone)? 
Courtney’s appeals in this episode —both on Henry’s behalf and to Henry— seem pretty Chekhovian (as well as Shakespearean, LOL).

• Love 3
12 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't understand what's happening with the janitor guy.

I don't think there is much to know yet, it just seems like he has visions that guide his future actions.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I wish that they’d at least clarify Henry’s role and true feelings about the sexting. Do we know for sure that what Henry was showing his buddies *was* a picture of Yolanda sans bra? And do we know for sure that it was Henry texting Yolanda, asking for the picture, and not Cindy (having hacked or cloned his phone)? 

This. I mean, honestly, I miss things because I don't pay that close attention a lot of the time, so I'm not sure if I missed confirmation on this stuff or not but if there hasn't been any then I'd like them to get to confirming it soon.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. I mean, honestly, I miss things because I don't pay that close attention a lot of the time, so I'm not sure if I missed confirmation on this stuff or not but if there hasn't been any then I'd like them to get to confirming it soon.

We haven't been given any additional clarification as to what, if anything, Henry had to do with the photo being taken or if that's what he was looking at with his buddies. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, MarkHB said:

We haven't been given any additional clarification as to what, if anything, Henry had to do with the photo being taken or if that's what he was looking at with his buddies. 

Right, because despite Cindy's powers, instant phone hack was not part of it. It's looking like Cindy cloned the number with her resources or had Henry Sr help out in it. It's pretty much been proven that their break up and sinking Yolanda at the school was both the ISA and Cindy's plans.

• Love 3
On 7/13/2020 at 2:34 PM, MarkHB said:

It would have been hilarious had they gotten Stephen Amell to show up and wear that outfit for the photo

I know it could very easily be a parallel him, but we've seen enough of the extended DC filmed properties to know it more than likely is someone with a different face, even if the same name. 

21 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't understand what's happening with the janitor guy. I know virtually nothing about DC comics

Unfortunately it takes major comics spoilers to explain him.  That said, we were given huge hints about him this episode, kind of... in an indirect way. 

• Love 1
On 7/15/2020 at 4:40 PM, tennisgurl said:

I hope that Barbara gets in the know, that would be a really interesting development, and its probably much better than lying to her

Now we just get the weird twist that all three of them have to hide it from the annoying stepbrother. 

• Love 4
On 7/15/2020 at 4:40 PM, tennisgurl said:

Way to go staff, I am totally sure that Barbara didn't notice you at all! I hope that Barbara gets in the know, that would be a really interesting development, and its probably much better than lying to her.

Courtney could tell Barbara that she was about to practice some weird gymnastics routine for the school talent show.