Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 - The Matchmaking Special

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I have a lot of shoes and they are all in my bedroom (closet) except for whichever ones are currently on my feet. Why is keeping shoes in the bedroom bad?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2019/07/03/my-shoes-dirty-studies-suggest-theyre-covered-fecal-bacteria/1637780001/

Taking one's shoes off before entering a home is cultural, regional, personal habit.

People who grow up wearing shoes in their family/friends' homes get their first exposure to leaving them outside the dorm door in college where everyone does it out of respect for the inhabitants or are wearing inside flip flops.

Kids who live in areas where shoes are not worn inside home have no problem kicking them off for play dates so it is normal to don the house guest slippers if barefoot or stay in their stocking feet.

No judgement wearing shoes inside or not. 

Your choice.

• Love 2
On 7/9/2020 at 10:58 PM, humbleopinion said:

You are checked into a Hotel California business suite....enjoy a complimentary spa treatment......

"Hotel California" is one of my most hated songs ever recorded. To the point that if it comes on Pandora at work (in the operating room) the nurses know to skip the song. I ABHOR it. And now it's stuck in my head. THANKS, @humbleopinion!

I think that Miles and Karen might have a fighting chance. He's young but seems mature and wants a stable family.

Henry is the guy who lost weight, right? And had heart surgery? He seems sincere, a little bland... he might provide flowers and attention that Christina seems desperately to want. Her mother could be a confounding factor, however.

Brett isn't that great looking to me BUT I think he fancies himself to be very desirable, and Olivia might not meet his "requirements." They do both like cats, though.  At least they didn't match someone with a cat with someone who's deathly allergic...

Amani and Woody make a nice couple. I am kind of side-eyeing the obviously contrived "new twist" of putting two best friends on the show. I could see them having true confession sessions with each other on the honeymoon.

Amelia and Bennett- hmm. Could go either way. Yes, one has to be somewhat quirky to understand another quirky soul; but sometimes it leads to sameness overload. Remember the Seinfeld episode where he dates Jeanine Garafalo? "I'm dating myself!!"  Exhausting. He may want to run around and do silly things - which she might enjoy but residency is no joke and she will be BUSY. In this episode she had just finished medical school and the 4th year (final year) is relatively easy compared to residency, which involves a lot of long days, call, and being constantly challenged, tested and pushed to the limit.  He would drive me nuts. He seems like he's trying a little too hard to be that "off-beat, artsy guy." There must be some balance. And a bathroom.

The "experts" don't seem to be learning from their mistakes.  DO NOT match up someone who specifically says he likes petite women with someone who is tall/big.  Yes, Cal... looks don't determine what your inner self is like but you cannot discount the fact that the "at first sight" part means something- that first impressions/physical attraction are a big part of how the relationship kicks off.  Even though looks are superficial, they play a large role in the very early days of a relationship. I would argue that someone who is not at all physically attracted to someone is going to have a much bigger hurdle to overcome than someone who is attracted.  It's nature.  There are exceptions, but in these circumstances, I think initial attraction is big.  Remember Jamie and Doug in season 1? She looked repulsed by him at the altar and could barely (if at all) hide her disgust. They stuck it out, but I really think some of the failed couples in past seasons had no initial attraction- to the extreme of revulsion in some cases.

Pepper looks so square. Is she 4 feet tall?

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

"Hotel California" is one of my most hated songs ever recorded. To the point that if it comes on Pandora at work (in the operating room) the nurses know to skip the song. I ABHOR it. And now it's stuck in my head...

The remedy may be as drastic as the ear worm....but abhorrence is a cry for help.

🎵It’s a small world after all

It’s a small world after all

It’s a small small world.

you are welcome.

To the others I apologize for the ear worm....

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I think people play fast and loose with job titles. Didn’t Michael say he was a principal or something? Assistant director means nothing without context, kind of like “engineer”. 

He said he was a "school administrator" who works with children.  Which means principal/asst principal and in a huge stretch "guidance counselor" might qualify.  All of which he is too young for in a realistic way.

Moving along - I FINALLY finished watching the "kickoff special" - this show goes on forever and ever!!!  But I do see now why everyone is hating Brett.  Once again I don't want to spoil for those who haven't watched - but while he seemed to be a dick at the bachelor party, the whole "bachelor party scene" was suspect and frankly, if it was as it was shown, I'm on Brett's side for leaving.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, KateHearts said:

The "experts" don't seem to be learning from their mistakes.  DO NOT match up someone who specifically says he likes petite women with someone who is tall/big.  Yes, Cal... looks don't determine what your inner self is like but you cannot discount the fact that the "at first sight" part means something- that first impressions/physical attraction are a big part of how the relationship kicks off.  Even though looks are superficial, they play a large role in the very early days of a relationship. I would argue that someone who is not at all physically attracted to someone is going to have a much bigger hurdle to overcome than someone who is attracted.  It's nature.  There are exceptions, but in these circumstances, I think initial attraction is big.  Remember Jamie and Doug in season 1? She looked repulsed by him at the altar and could barely (if at all) hide her disgust. They stuck it out, but I really think some of the failed couples in past seasons had no initial attraction- to the extreme of revulsion in some cases.

Yes! A thousand times yes! These stupid people do not learn at all. It’s season 11. If they can site one successful match where THE MAN was not attracted at the alter but grew attracted, I’ll....well, I don’t know what I’ll do, but I don’t really need to worry about it because IT.DOES.NOT.HAPPEN. EVER. 

On the other hand, in 11 seasons there are many, many examples of people not being immediately attracted and the whole thing being over before it began. It would really serve them better to take personal preferences into account much more than they do. But of course, they are not looking for too much success, right? Because there wouldn’t be enough drama to wring from a bunch of happy people...... 

• Love 4
18 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

The remedy may be as drastic as the ear worm....but abhorrence is a cry for help.

🎵It’s a small world after all

It’s a small small world.

you are welcome.

To the others I apologize for the ear worm....

Have another ear worm *cackles evilly"

index.jpg

12 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Yes! A thousand times yes! These stupid people do not learn at all. It’s season 11. If they can site one successful match where THE MAN was not attracted at the alter but grew attracted, I’ll....well, I don’t know what I’ll do, but I don’t really need to worry about it because IT.DOES.NOT.HAPPEN. EVER. 

On the other hand, in 11 seasons there are many, many examples of people not being immediately attracted and the whole thing being over before it began. It would really serve them better to take personal preferences into account much more than they do. But of course, they are not looking for too much success, right? Because there wouldn’t be enough drama to wring from a bunch of happy people...... 

The only one I got was Jephte and Shawnice. He was disappointed at the alter and did not even want to share a bed with her at the beginning. She won him over with her warm personality.

They are still married with a child. However, he did cheat on her at some point.

I do get your point. If a man says he is not attracted to taller women, you should definitely take that into account.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, qtpye said:

The only one I got was Jephte and Shawnice. He was disappointed at the alter and did not even want to share a bed with her at the beginning. She won him over with her warm personality.

I’m not sure that it wasn’t so much he that he wasn’t attracted to her but rather that he is kind of introverted and was weirded out by the process and she came on too strong. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, qtpye said:

If a man says he is not attracted to taller women, you should definitely take that into account.

Meanwhile, if they're at all firm on a preference like that, they'll get eliminated for being too picky.  I remember one season where contestants were reminded they may be disqualified for something like not wanting to be matched with a smoker. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

What's the deal with Henry?

-in love with Kristen, who has friend zoned him... he willingly turns in his Man Card to accompany her to Taylor Swift concerts

-prefers petite women, too bad...you got hulking Christina

-check in and carry on baggage...former fatty...body and confidence insecurity

-brush with death...got a leaky mitral valve diagnosed+replaced after murmur detected

-he is the nice guy that Olivia asked for

What's the deal with Christina?

-should have been cast on sMothered show since her Mom was her interview bestie, only child raised by single mom

-hurting from a failed 5 year relationship...want caused the break up (besides the guy never giving her flowers)

-self admitted picking good time charlies

-too needy...desperate for the basic baseline dating gestures....only time got flowers was from grandpa

-hates to be alone but it may translate to hates being without a man in her life

Christina's broken relationship is too fresh and Henry has to compete/be the punching bag for that ex boyfriend.

Putting it out there...Henry and Olivia should have been the obvious lovely feeel good match but ratings driven whores in  production wanted to have the jackhole Brett as the villian so Olivia is the sacrificial lamb bride.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Maybe it's the heavy eye makeup but Christina always looks like she's ready to cry.

18 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Putting it out there...Henry and Olivia should have been the obvious lovely feeel good match but ratings driven whores in  production wanted to have the jackhole Brett as the villian so Olivia is the sacrificial lamb bride.

I'm watching halfheartedly this season & haven't gotten all the couples down in my head yet, but I already hate the powers-that-be for this.

This season the show is crossing the line into literal circus.

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Maybe it's the heavy eye makeup but Christina always looks like she's ready to cry.

I'm watching halfheartedly this season & haven't gotten all the couples down in my head yet, but I already hate the powers-that-be for this.

This season the show is crossing the line into literal circus.

Complete with a unicycle riding clown and a guy that lives in a toy house.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 7/10/2020 at 11:22 PM, jPLUS said:

Karen and Myles - Jasmine and Will 2.0. As sweet as Miles is, I get the feeling that Karen will not be impressed with him. I get the vibe that she wants an older man (mid 30s) with a lucrative career. She was very specific about age so I don't know why the experts chose to ignore that. Myles works in a school which is likely not a lucrative career choice in Louisiana. Unfortunately, I think many women look down on men working in the education field (remember Meka/Michael). He also mentioned having two degrees, and wanting to go for a third. I think at his age (only 26), he is probably still undecided on his career. He seems a bit idealistic at this moment and probably should have waited a few years before getting married.

Amelia and Bennett - This impending disaster is on Dr. Pepper, she conjured up some fairy tale where Amelia will be Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and Bennett will be a fun loving stay at home dad. Matching two "artsy" folks does NOT automatically mean attraction. I think Amelia's bohemian appearance is just that, an appearance. The similarities likely end there. She put herself through medical school and he drives a pedicab and lives in a DIY tiny house with no running water! Medical school in the US only happens with laser focused determination. Bennett seems like a drifter with not much ambition in life other than to enjoy the moment. Having gone to medical school, the people she has been around for the last few years have all been overachievers and she will likely not be impressed with him. 

Amani and Woody - I like Woody but I think he may be in it for the attention. The fact that he shows up with his best friend to the casting seems a bit off putting. Unlike hopeless romantic Myles, I distrust Woody a bit more because he just seems more experienced and perhaps a bit of player. He also seems very eccentric and Amani appears to be more conservative. IMO, she would have been be better matched with a more serious guy like Greg from the prior season in NC.

Christina and Henry - Henry is awkwardly shy and gives off a very nervous energy. I think his friends dragged him onto the 

These are all my first impressions of these folks, of course these will change as we learn more about them. If I were to guess, I think Olivia/Brett are a definite divorce, the rest might have a chance if I am wrong on my assumptions. 

Meka didn't have problems with Michael being a school administrator, she had problems with her husband being a liar liar pants on fire liar.  I think she would've been fine if he was really a school administrator for Cissé after school once a week I teach yoga school administrator.

Amelia and Bennett Seems to be looking for the same lifestyle. The lifestyle where the woman has the lead job and is the one that is most focused and career oriented and the man is more like a househusband. The fact that BENNETT asked if maybe he could take the wife's name is proof that he is that guy that would consider taking his wife's name if he liked it better and I think Amelia is the kind of woman that would say definitely "I don't wanna change my name so let's use mine."  It wouldn't even have to have one name for her hospital work and another name for the kids school.  She doesn't seem to care about what the man does and in fact it will be an advantage to her in her career if she's not married to a hard driving professional who thinks she should do the dishes. No, I don't know if BENNETT wants to do the dishes, but if he wants to be the house-husband he's got to do the dishes!  IMHO.  I hope that they are both liberal and can deal with each other's quirkiness because they match so well with the lifestyle that they would like to have in the future.

Olivia and Brett - I hope their cats don't take an instant dislike of each other and fight like cats and cats.  If that happens they may have trouble living together.

Christina and Henry  I hope that they can get over their usual physical biases.  These are the matches that would never happen if people just continue to date their usual type.  Some tall girls finally realize that the shorter guys treat them better.

I never realize that New Orleans has such a small population.

• Love 5
On 7/11/2020 at 3:51 PM, humbleopinion said:

Taking one's shoes off before entering a home is cultural, regional, personal habit.

Thank you! In our household shoes are left at the door and even our pup gets his paws wiped with a damp cloth on entry. We store shoes in a shoe-dedicated closet by the door

25 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

She put herself through medical school and he drives a pedicab and lives in a DIY tiny house with no running water! Medical school in the US only happens with laser focused determination. Bennett seems like a drifter with not much ambition in life other than to enjoy the moment.

Precisely my thinking. Her bohemian appearance is exactly just an appearance. His is slacking as a lifestyle. This will be a disaster 

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, ShowFan said:

We store shoes in a shoe-dedicated closet by the door

Whoa! Do you have shelves in this shoe closet? And you share it with other family members? Or do you just keep a few pairs at a time there? I am intrigued by this. That would need to be a pretty big closet for me because I have over 50 pairs of shoes. But your floor is probably definitely cleaner than mine 😋

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Whoa! Do you have shelves in this shoe closet? And you share it with other family members? Or do you just keep a few pairs at a time there? I am intrigued by this. That would need to be a pretty big closet for me because I have over 50 pairs of shoes. But your floor is probably definitely cleaner than mine 😋

I have three dogs and a cat. Shoes are not the biggest dirtier of the floors in our house. Especially since the pandemic/quarantine started.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Whoa! Do you have shelves in this shoe closet? And you share it with other family members? Or do you just keep a few pairs at a time there?

Yes, the closet has shelves and all shoes of the family (my husband and I) are nicely arranged there. It’s a large closet and we have shoe holders with pockets hanging on the inside of each door where we store flip flops...we live in Florida so 70% of our shoes are flip flops of some sort  

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Did Bennett clarify where he uses a bathroom & kitchen? I heard something about another house - does he live in his parents' backyard or what?

There is a house on the property and that's where he uses the bathroom. I don't know whose house it is and where he uses a kitchen.

12 hours ago, ShowFan said:

Yes, the closet has shelves and all shoes of the family (my husband and I) are nicely arranged there. It’s a large closet and we have shoe holders with pockets hanging on the inside of each door where we store flip flops...we live in Florida so 70% of our shoes are flip flops of some sort  

That is awesome! I’m totally jealous! I understand the hanging pockets because I have the same setup in my closet with the flip flops: I live in California. 😋

• Love 3
On 7/13/2020 at 9:15 PM, Kira53 said:

Meka didn't have problems with Michael being a school administrator, she had problems with her husband being a liar liar pants on fire liar.  I think she would've been fine if he was really a school administrator for Cissé after school once a week I teach yoga school administrator.

Amelia and Bennett Seems to be looking for the same lifestyle. The lifestyle where the woman has the lead job and is the one that is most focused and career oriented and the man is more like a househusband. The fact that BENNETT asked if maybe he could take the wife's name is proof that he is that guy that would consider taking his wife's name if he liked it better and I think Amelia is the kind of woman that would say definitely "I don't wanna change my name so let's use mine."  It wouldn't even have to have one name for her hospital work and another name for the kids school.  She doesn't seem to care about what the man does and in fact it will be an advantage to her in her career if she's not married to a hard driving professional who thinks she should do the dishes. No, I don't know if BENNETT wants to do the dishes, but if he wants to be the house-husband he's got to do the dishes!  IMHO.  I hope that they are both liberal and can deal with each other's quirkiness because they match so well with the lifestyle that they would like to have in the future.

Olivia and Brett - I hope their cats don't take an instant dislike of each other and fight like cats and cats.  If that happens they may have trouble living together.

Christina and Henry  I hope that they can get over their usual physical biases.  These are the matches that would never happen if people just continue to date their usual type.  Some tall girls finally realize that the shorter guys treat them better.

I never realize that New Orleans has such a small population.

I remember Meka being less than enthusiastic from the outset about Michael and his career, even before the embellishment started. Perhaps her initial disappointment with him was in general (in terms of looks and personality). 

Amelia and Bennett - I have considered a more sinister reason for Bennett's willingness to take Amelia's name upon marriage. As an upcoming actor, he might be hoping to change his name to a more fancy unique name, especially if his own is common. I find it very suspect this was the first thing he thought of when Dr. Pepper told him they found him a match. I don't doubt that these two are open to non-traditional gender roles, but there is no guarantee that free-spirited Bennett would make a good house-husband who could keep order in the house and raise children. I hope that these two chaotic personalities can make it work. 

Olivia and Brett - I think the experts matching them based on their cats, and having season football tickets, is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever seen on this show. Fighting cats will end this relationship before Olivia takes Brett to any game and before she realizes he is a douchebag.

Christina and Henry - I saw a photo of their wedding and it appears that they are about the same height, unless he is on some sort of platform to make him appear taller. If she is wearing heels in that photo, then he is taller than her. More than physical appearances, I get the impression that she likes bad boys and he appears to be just the opposite. The fact that she is a flight attendant is also a bit concerning because that kind of work schedule is taxing on any relationship. 

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Did Bennett clarify where he uses a bathroom & kitchen? I heard something about another house - does he live in his parents' backyard or what?

They didn't clarify whose property his "tiny house" is on. He uses the bathroom in the other house.

Just a curiosity, I did notice he had a bunch of vitamin bottles right next to the window. Has he never read the bottle where it says to keep in a "cool dry place"? 

Edited by jPLUS
12 hours ago, jPLUS said:

Amelia and Bennett - I have considered a more sinister reason for Bennett's willingness to take Amelia's name upon marriage. As an upcoming actor, he might be hoping to change his name to a more fancy unique name, especially if his own is common. I find it very suspect this was the first thing he thought of when Dr. Pepper told him they found him a match. I don't doubt that these two are open to non-traditional gender roles, but there is no guarantee that free-spirited Bennett would make a good house-husband who could keep order in the house and raise children. I hope that these two chaotic personalities can make it work. 

Dr, Pepper asked him some different questions then we normal hear (or maybe we are just not shown).  She asked him if he would be willing to move. Amelia will be moving in June for her residency. She will find out where in March, but already put in her list of cities so he would have no input. Dr. Pepper had to make sure it was someone who was 100% willing to move because moving is a given. About the last name, I wonder if it was brought up, because she might not be able to change her last name or might not be able to take his fully depending on how far she is into taking her medical boards. My first husband was a doctor and he took my last name, but we had to be married before he took his boards. It was clear whatever name he was at that time would stay. We divorced and he has to keep my last name. I wonder if they asked him if having the same last name for kids, or having combined last names was okay. Remember Anthony and Ashley disagreed? I think knowing Amelia might have to keep her name professionally would be something the would ask Bennett in a round about way. You would be surprised at how many men are taking last names these days. I know at least 10 people I went to college with that did this. It is not always about career, mine was for my father who was ill and I was an only child, last member of my family with the name. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

You would be surprised at how many men are taking last names these days. I know at least 10 people I went to college with that did this. It is not always about career, mine was for my father who was ill and I was an only child, last member of my family with the name. 

My husband wanted to do it when we got married 22 years ago because his is basic and he thought my last name was cool. I declined because I longed for the normalcy of his last name and I thought it was weird.

My college roommate's sister and her husband combined their last names to make one new name. I thought that was kind of cool.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Amelia will be moving in June for her residency.

How can someone starting a medical residency possibly have enough time to devote to a new marriage?  Don't they average 60-100 hours a week?

• Love 3
(edited)

Amelia should keep her last name since it is her professional name and Bennett is amenable to taking hers...

he seems be jazzed about the chance to be Dr. and Mr. Birdhead.

9 minutes ago, Jack Sampson said:

How can someone starting a medical residency possibly have enough time to devote to a new marriage?  Don't they average 60-100 hours a week?

Match Day for residencies was March 20,2020 so depending on when this was filmed she would know pretty much what her work schedule will be when she reported on July 1, 2020.

Actually, it is nice having someone waiting for you when you open the door after a rough shift instead of the same mess you left and a dark house.

Covid may have changed that up, though.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Kareem said:

I hope Bennett and Amelia give each other a hairbrush as a wedding gift.  I can’t take it.  

To be fair I think they both have some nice, natural waves going on, & the worst thing to do would be brushing.

I'm expecting temporary housing again, especially for Bennett & Amelia. She with a bunch of roomies & he with no room; they'd be tripping over her unicycle.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Kareem said:

I hope Bennett and Amelia give each other a hairbrush as a wedding gift.  I can’t take it.  

Amelia is going to have to cut that Bird's nest out of her bird's nest after the wedding or she will just sport it around the honeymoon....

13 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

To be fair I think they both have some nice, natural waves going on, & the worst thing to do would be brushing.

I'm expecting temporary housing again, especially for Bennett & Amelia. She with a bunch of roomies & he with no room; they'd be tripping over her unicycle.

Hoping it will be a yurt, a treehouse, an RV, train caboose, on the grounds of a zoo or state fair...something kooky and quirky...with a bathroom and a kitchen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

IMHO, Woodrow "Woody" is full of himself, thinks he's cuter & sharply dressed more than he really is. He's on the short side, too so maybe that's why he's so "Mr. life of the party" so the ladies won't notice it too much. I believe he's riding on the coattails of his best friend Mike who truly auditioned for the show to find a wife & continue to be the seemingly mature male that he showcases himself to be. Woody seems like he'll be a problem husband, throwing temper tantrums (hissy fits) to make the female feel guilty when he doesn't get his way. Just made me think of the ex-basketball player, Matt, that was staying out until 3am and overnight sometimes. I bet Woody thought, hey let me see what this marriage thing is like and if it works out cool, if not, I'll simply get a divorce and return back to my partying lifestyle, possibly womanizing, loving myself more than anyone else awesome life that revolves around everything Woody wants. smh When you have friends & family that 100% agree that you're not ready for marriage & that you're fooling yourself but not them....guess what? You're absolutely not ready for marriage! I wish they would've explained more in detail why they all had reservations about him getting married. I'm thinking he hasn't had any long term relationships past one or two years; possibly has a different 'girlfriend' every couple months or simply has commitment phobia when the females he's dated wanted to take things to the next step, then he broke it off making up superficial reasons why she wasn't 'the one'. I certainly hope he ends up proving his friends and myself wrong. We'll definitely find out really soon. Don't want him to wind up being the 'Zach',  'Luke' or 'Matt' (along with Brett) of this season! I definitely can't stomach two of them. kmt

Edited by Lacy4u
  • Love 2
(edited)

Maybe the 'experts' should do a last minute switcheroo of brides for Mike and Woody. The female that's chosen for Mike is more outgoing and I bet would absolutely adore Woody. I think the female that's chosen to marry Woody seems like a better fit for Mike in looks and personality. Oh well...

Edited by Lacy4u
8 hours ago, Jack Sampson said:

She is doing family practice and depending on where she does it it could be less or more hours. Where my ex did his residency, family practice had many weeks that were 40-50 hours just working in a clinic that was 8-5, then there were the 6 weeks of OB/GYN or ER rotations that were longer days. The state where my ex went made sure you had sleep , it was the law. I remember one time my ex worked a night shift (he was not family practice ) and he wanted to go shopping with me the next morning for a gift I was buying for family and he wanted to pick it out. I remember he dropped to the ground in the store behind a rack, one of the people who did schedules to ensure hours off and sleep was at the store. he would have been in big trouble if he was not sleeping since he worked longer then he should have the day before . 

While we have no idea where she is going, if she went rural, it could be very relaxed. Plus family practice does a little of everything, so it is not 6 years of surgery everyday or 4 years of delivering babies. It is usually 6 weeks of each area, so some 6 weeks will be harder then others. I actually did not mind having some weeks be normal and some be busy. If you do not have kids it is not as bad. The residents with kids it was much harder on. Bennett seems like he would be fine if dinner was at 6 pm for 12 weeks and then for 6 week sit was at 9 pm.  I think it would be worse if Bennett had a 9-5 type job, then he might want someone home at 6pm every night. Since he does theater , I would assume some of his evenings will be busy?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

I get gay vibes from Miles. His earrings, energy, & posture aren't masculine. 

I didn't get the gay vibe per se, but it did cross my mind that Karen's disappointment about him being "too emotional" was actually about him being too feminine.

I also find it a bit concerning that a good looking outgoing 26 year old goes on MAFS. I'm sure he can easily find a young lady in one of his social circles. MAFS typically attracts folks in their 30s or those who have had multiple relationship failures in the past. As much as I love Miles, something is a bit off about his story. 

#ICANTEVEN with Woodrow. He should be flashy, he's difficult to look at, he has a lot to compensate for. He got wayyyyyyyy too much slow-mo airtime. I think Amani will be turned off by his personality.

• Love 1

WHERE is Henry's personality? His first before pic wasn't even bad. Why didn't his parents build his confidence?? Are they even going to be at the wedding? The failures. He seems to need a lot of work to even be a bf, but eh. His future wife is crying about not getting flowers. So. She's not much better. Hoping for a double chin win! 😂

Brett. OMG. WHERE to begin?? His persona is downright repulsive!! He is so deeply hurt & insecure, HOW did he squeak through acting like that?? I just don't get it. At least Zach had the sense to act like a good person to get matched. Brett didn't even bother to pretend to be anything less than shallow & superficial. Smh

• Love 2

I don't like the way they do it now, straight into debating final matches. I miss the illusion that there were other options. Geez! It's like, interviews... BAM! These are the matches: yes or no, but really YES. Meh

I also find it a bit concerning that a good looking outgoing 26 year old goes on MAFS. I'm sure he can easily find a young lady in one of his social circles. MAFS typically attracts folks in their 30s or those who have had multiple relationship failures in the past. As much as I love Miles, something is a bit off about his story. 

I dunno. He said that no one takes him seriously for a long term relationship because of his age. When I was in my mid-20's, I would have LOVED a similarly aged guy willing to consider marriage (to me). But maybe it's different now and I have no idea what dating is like in NO.

• Love 1

Did anyone notice that near the very beginning of the Matchmaking Special, they showed a black guy with a beard, who said something about sex (I think)?  if I'm not mistaken, wasn't that Carlton, the douchebag who matched with Diamond on Love Is Blind (and the two of them imploded and did not continue with the rest of the show)?

On 7/10/2020 at 2:28 PM, Elizzikra said:

I love Austin and Jessica and they are self described dorks. I don't actually see similarities between them and Bennett and Amelia, whom I'd describe as quirky. For some reason, Bennett and Amelia sort of grate on my nerves - maybe because I think they are both trying a little too hard to be quirky (instead of actually embracing some genuine quirkiness).

Good distinction between dork and quirky.  I don't find Bennett and Amelia to be the trying-too-hard quirky, like annoying AF (female) Sam from several seasons ago, but time will tell.

• Love 1
On 7/8/2020 at 11:03 PM, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Okay, I’ll be brave and just say it: I adore Bennett already.  I would have absolutely loved him a lifetime ago, tiny house, hipster striped suits, and all.  I do wonder, however, if he will be too weird for marriage, for lack of a better way to phrase it.  Luckily, his bride-to-be looks just as “quirky” as he is, so maybe it will be a success.

Handsome Young School Administrator (I don’t know everyone’s names until at least week four) seems like a really decent guy, but I’m not sure his older bride will be into him given her reaction when Pastor Cal asked her about her age preferences.

I flat-out dislike Brett.  Wasn’t he the one who said he’d dated 45 different women?  I don’t like to get hung up on numbers like that, but he seems so aimless.  I’m afraid he’s going to deeply disappoint his spouse, who seems like a more-than-decent person.

I have no more hope in this season’s couples staying together than any of the previous ones, but being the sucker that I am, I’m here to watch it. 

Bennett is the kind of guy who makes an amazing boyfriend, but husband material?  I don't know.  Here's the thing:  People change.  The idea of being the sole or primary breadwinner may seem fine at first, but having lived it, and having burdens that your spouse doesn't have and doesn't understand, can wear thin pretty quickly when you're burnt out from work (and medicine is a high burnout job).  I think Bennett is adorable and creative, and even cute in some shots, and on a surface level he and Amelia (?) looks to besimilarly adorable and creative.  But what's adorable until you're say, in your early 30s can seem irresponsible at 40 and beyond.

I also get a serious Mama's Boy vibe from Bennett that is a giant red flag.

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Bennett is the kind of guy who makes an amazing boyfriend, but husband material?  I don't know.  Here's the thing:  People change.  The idea of being the sole or primary breadwinner may seem fine at first, but having lived it, and having burdens that your spouse doesn't have and doesn't understand, can wear thin pretty quickly when you're burnt out from work (and medicine is a high burnout job).  I think Bennett is adorable and creative, and even cute in some shots, and on a surface level he and Amelia (?) looks to besimilarly adorable and creative.  But what's adorable until you're say, in your early 30s can seem irresponsible at 40 and beyond.

I also get a serious Mama's Boy vibe from Bennett that is a giant red flag.

Agree with everything you said.  I also lived the life of a sole breadwinner once upon a time.  It gets old fast, especially when your partner tells you that he is “exploring his options” and “following his dreams.”  How about following them to the nearest temp agency?  Ugh.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 3