Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 - The Matchmaking Special

• Start Topic

34 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Unless I'm really just that confused, which is possible, LOL. 😉

Accept with Hotel California’s compliments a room to rest and gather your thoughts. A yoga guru is awaiting your call for a private session. Namaste

Just now, Ilovepie said:

May I exchange my spa service for the pool cabana??? 😂 Either way, looking forward to mingling with everyone at our lovely hotel - I hope there is a happy hour! Sadly, this is going to be my only hotel experience this summer ☹️

Both are at your disposal at the Hotel California. Enjoy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Okay, Olivia and Brett both likes cats, so of course they’d be a good match. Good lord, I think it’s pretty cruel to pair her with him especially when none of the “experts” felt particularly confident in this match. I hope this isn’t another Luke and Kate situation. 

• Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Okay, Olivia and Brett both likes cats, so of course they’d be a good match. Good lord, I think it’s pretty cruel to pair her with him especially when none of the “experts” felt particularly confident in this match. I hope this isn’t another Luke and Kate situation. 

Worse...Brett is the spawn of Puke and Zach....

Hopefully, Olivia is a student of MAFS and will pull the ripcord to parachute out of the marriage if it turns toxic.

Walk out like Mindy with your head held high, not like Kate who stayed much to her emotional detriment.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

He thinks he's good looking - I have news for him - he's not, and I would have even said that before knowing anything about him. 

Holy smokes, he is delusional! When he said the sex would be great because he’s so hot, I thought he was making a joke. But he was serious! I think that alone should have disqualified him! Also, someone should clue him in that just because “someone” is good looking does not actually mean they are automatically a skilled lover. My guess is that he is not too worried about his partner’s enjoyment if he’s assuming they are good because of his looks. Good lord, what a horse’s ass......

• Love 9

Can't remember names, but that woman that's never received flowers, she's waaaaay to fragile to be on this show. And you just know her momma is gonna let her feelings be known while defending her precious angel that must be protected at all costs. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, princelina said:

3.  I can see the possibilities for Bennett and Amelia if they would both enjoy him being Mr. Mom.  But when he asked out of nowhere if he could take her name?  My lip curled and I judged him harshly

Maybe he’s confused and thinks he’s being adpopted 🤔

• LOL 10
4 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

It’s sure looking like a repeat of Luke and Zatch and it’s so unfair to the unfortunate women....and so annoying for us.  I know he has issues by how he presented his footwear.  All she asked for was a nice guy.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, cardigirl said:

Does this discussion include the Kevin Frazier special that aired after the Matchmaking episode?

I made the thread before that special aired but sure! No harm in I clouding it. I tried to watch it yesterday but when I saw random people on the screen and realized it will be flashbacks to previous seasons I gave up. Boring 

• Love 1

Can I just say that I’m super impressed how many of you remember the names of the participants? I hardly got a couple and that’s only because of this thread. Sigh. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, endure said:

Did anyone else notice, I think it was Olivia, her neck in one of the interview sessions?  

Yes.  I thought maybe she had burn scars, but then it looked normal in other scenes. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Kira53 said:

Amelia want to be the breadwinner and that was what her mother was.  Bennett can make her comfortable on that one.  The fact that he has no direction I don't see as a problem for Amelia; she's got enough direction for both of them. He can take the low road and take care of the babies and not have more logical career path than that.  I think they needed this  show to find each other.  It would be a disaster I think to match them up with anyone else in the Universe.  

I didn't look at it from that angle.  Now that you mentioned it, they may have a chance. 

• Love 1

Luke, Matt and Zach.  Now we have Brett.  The show really likes to torture the females.  Maybe put these guys with a hardass bitch if they want them on the show so bad.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

Luke, Matt and Zach.  Now we have Brett.  The show really likes to torture the females.  Maybe put these guys with a hardass bitch if they want them on the show so bad.

Olivia has a MS in Nursing.

Confident she has deftly dealt with plenty of egotistical, arrogant, over confident people in her line of work.

Whether she can translate that into her personal life...TBD.

Olivia is one of those people with pale skin that flashes her emotions...she was splotchy from nerves in that TH.

The storyline looks bleak for Olivia's fragile heart.

If you watch the Kickstart you will see a ray of hope.....sorry for the tease but don't want to be ding for spoiling.....

• Love 2
6 hours ago, endure said:

Maybe he’s confused and thinks he’s being adpopted 🤔

My guess here ... with no facts or googling to back it up ... is maybe he has a hard-to-spell/pronounce/otherwise undesirable last name and figures whatever her name is (since he doesn’t know it yet) has to be better. 

I “married into” a tough to pronounce/spell name (not really long, just unusual and gets butchered all the time). I kept my maiden name (really easy) for ages until eventually adding married name. Little Snappy just married great guy who ALSO has unusual tough to pronounce last name, and their names don’t really flow mellifluously (for those of you of a certain age, think Lucyeth). I think they’re still undecided as to what name(s) any offspring will carry. 

I think Bennett and Amelia are adorable. I hope they’re the ... can’t believe I’m spacing on their names, the tall adorkable couple from last season? ... of this year. 

I also think they now choose 5 couples to allow for attrition so guessing the phone call of doom will reduce a couple earlier rather than later. 

I like the best friends and hope they both last but we shall see ...

• Love 3
11 hours ago, topanga said:

Did you notice that when Greg and Deonna were interviewed on the show, you could clearly see his double ovens in the background? I sure did. 

Please explain what's so special about double ovens?  

I sense that Olivia needs to be paired off with a MAN.  I got a boyish vibe from Brett.

• Love 1

Like a previous poster, I thought Miles (?) at 26 was too young to be a school administrator.  After college, one would take graduate courses to earn a credential, and then there would be additional coursework involved to earn an administrative credential (I have done this).  Plus, there is usually a bare minimum of years one needs to teach before becoming an administrator (unfortunately it is often only two years [so many administrators do not even understand how to develop curriculum, maintain classroom management, and actually...teach-many administrators try to get out of the classroom as soon as possible as they do not enjoy being a teacher yet want to create policies under which teachers function: have experienced this many times throughout my career]).  Apologies, I know I went on a tangent for a bit.  So, I do have questions about his being an administrator (could be administrative assistant or the director of a program [like before and after school care...does he know that guy from the previous season?).  Maybe some type of emergency administrative credential? I like him so I hope it's only an issue of the producers picking a not quite accurate title.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Apologies, I know I went on a tangent for a bit.  So, I do have questions about his being an administrator (could be administrative assistant or the director of a program [like before and after school care...does he know that guy from the previous season?).  Maybe some type of emergency administrative credential? I like him so I hope it's only an issue of the producers picking a not quite accurate title.

I think he works in an office.  I work in an Ivy and there are different levels of administrators, so I didn't think anything of it.

I think this show will always be a trainwreck for one reason:  There is more pressure on women to get married and have children than there is on men.  So I think the women might be more serious about it than the men.  

I loved what Pastor Cal said, "Have you ever dated a supermodel?"  The person will normally say no, so he said, "well, you're not going to marry one."  😄

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Yes they should keep the toxic people together, although that is not super fun to watch either. Case in point: Taylor and Brandon.......

Why can’t they just pick people that as far as they can see are not known assholes? It’s so unethical to partner a nice person who came into this with good intentions with someone they know is bad from the start! The disgusted look on Dr. Viv’s face says it all when Brett says (in total seriousness) sex won’t be a problem because he’s so good looking - She knew right then he was a nightmare yet still signed off. I’m not sure it’s a spoiler so I won’t mention it in detail, but the stuff that happens with him at the Bachelor party should have been enough for the production to step in and remove him. I really wish they would do that if things come up between “the experts” picking people and the wedding. Because that should have happened last season with Katie too.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I think Bennett and Amelia are adorable. I hope they’re the ... can’t believe I’m spacing on their names, the tall adorkable couple from last season? ... of this year. 

Austin and Jessica are the dorktastic couple from last season.

If Austin and Jess went to Clown College then you would have Bennett and Amelia.

3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I sense that Olivia needs to be paired off with a MAN.  I got a boyish vibe from Brett.

Henry seems to be a better match for Olivia than Christina.

Does Brett's over inflated opinion of himself, his looks, his appeal make him an immature asshat?

Probably. Unfortunately.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, spunky said:

Once again Pastor Cal has reservations about someone and the other two dismiss his concerns. He's right about Bennett, he has no direction which will become a problem eventually.  What do Drs. Pepper and Viviana do? They insist that he would be a good fit for someone who is a doctor and has a career path. Both of them having an artistic side does not guarantee that they're a perfect match. As Cal said a good match on paper doesn't guarantee a good match in real life. 

So Woody is "the life of the party". Did they forget that the last "life of the party" was a toxic, abusive, mess?

I had this exact thought when they called him that.  But Brandon seemed like a weirdo from the start and I'm sure he was the only one who thought he was the life of the party.   Woody seems like a nice guy but we've been fooled like that before.  

• Love 2

Austin and Jessica are the dorktastic couple from last season.

If Austin and Jess went to Clown College then you would have Bennett and Amelia.

I love Austin and Jessica and they are self described dorks. I don't actually see similarities between them and Bennett and Amelia, whom I'd describe as quirky. For some reason, Bennett and Amelia sort of grate on my nerves - maybe because I think they are both trying a little too hard to be quirky (instead of actually embracing some genuine quirkiness).

There are many good things about double ovens and I would love to have them but at this point, in this context, I think they have just become shorthand for the beauty of Greg's home and his overall appeal as a husband.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TVJunkee said:

Woody seems like a nice guy but we've been fooled like that before.  

He reminds me of Nate (? the one who married Sheila)  They both have round heads with pointy little chins.  Nate mostly got the nice-guy edit and Sheila got the crazy, but then we found out that she was crazy because he was seeing other women throughout the "experiment"!

• Love 2

I had this exact thought when they called him that.  But Brandon seemed like a weirdo from the start and I'm sure he was the only one who thought he was the life of the party.   Woody seems like a nice guy but we've been fooled like that before.  

I remember how a lot of people commented that Brandon was never seen driving. Later, we found out that he got his driver's license taken away because of too many DUI's.

What responsible person in their right mind would think that a man with that type of background would make good husband material? It was not like Brandon went into rehab and got help for his issues...we saw him drinking on the show.

1 minute ago, princelina said:

He reminds me of Nate (? the one who married Sheila)  They both have round heads with pointy little chins.  Nate mostly got the nice-guy edit and Sheila got the crazy, but then we found out that she was crazy because he was seeing other women throughout the "experiment"!

I hate that this show almost always goes to a default of making women look desperate or crazy rather than make the guys look bad. Like with Amber and Dave from Texas, they made Amber look crazy, when in truth Dave was done with her the second day of the honeymoon when he found out she had dated another guy they mutually knew from the gym.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, qtpye said:

I remember how a lot of people commented that Brandon was never seen driving. Later, we found out that he got his driver's license taken away because of too many DUI's.

What responsible person in their right mind would think that a man with that type of background would make good husband material? It was not like Brandon went into rehab and got help for his issues...we saw him drinking on the show.

I hate that this show almost always goes to a default of making women look desperate or crazy rather than make the guys look bad. Like with Amber and Dave from Texas, they made Amber look crazy, when in truth Dave was done with her the second day of the honeymoon when he found out she had dated another guy they mutually knew from the gym.

IMO Brandon was an angry alcoholic, and you are right - they should never have cast him.  With Amber and Dave - they were both kind of idiots.  I remember feeling like I was "switching sides" after every episode with those two 😄 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

But Brandon seemed like a weirdo from the start and I'm sure he was the only one who thought he was the life of the party.   Woody seems like a nice guy but we've been fooled like that before.  

Woody literally has a lot of hats. Translation: He's short....Betcha, betcha.

Thinking he rode Miles' coattails and got cast.

Predicting he and Amani have friends in common.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, princelina said:

Here's what might be unpopular opinions:

1.  The 26 year old "school administrator" - 26 is awfully young to be a school administrator for several reasons. I'm just saying.  I liked him but I remember our last "school administrator" had some problems with honesty about his career and other areas 😄 

People love to talk up their jobs. A school administrator can be someone who works in the business office doing accounts payable. Or someone who coordinates after school programs or any other of the dozens of administrative type positions.

16 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Can count on 2 fingers the number of Kickoff viewers so refrained from commenting and inadvertently revealing  spoilers.
But I know what you want to rant about. Out of an abundance of caution, let’s wait until next week.

I thought I watched both shows and don't remember anything rantworthy other than the incomplete explanation of that behind the door comment and "For the first time in MAFS history," which was overly dramatic and made no sense to me.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Yes.  I thought maybe she had burn scars, but then it looked normal in other scenes. 

I didn't know what to think, maybe she found out who she was marrying and tried to hang herself.  But seriously, I thought I noticed a much calmer version in another scene but couldn't see it well enough.  It could have an allergic reaction or maybe she had a laser treatment or something. It looked very inflamed - I'm surprise she didn't wear a turtle neck or scarf.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, princelina said:

IMO Brandon was an angry alcoholic, and you are right - they should never have cast him.  With Amber and Dave - they were both kind of idiots.  I remember feeling like I was "switching sides" after every episode with those two 😄 

And so many more idiots, it's hard to keep track and yet I distinctly heard one of the 'experts' say in this episode that they do background checks lol.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I’m with you on that! So many houses have double ovens, including ours. It’s more of a choice than an achievement 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, rebel2u said:

Wonder where Brett got his magical mirror that makes ordinary looking people look hot and devastatingly attractive?

I think the man's brain just automatically photo shops everything when he looks in the mirror.

• LOL 1
15 minutes ago, ShowFan said:

I’m with you on that! So many houses have double ovens, including ours. It’s more of a choice than an achievement 

Yeah, it's a choice that costs twice as much as a single oven - out of reach or not justifiable to most people.  And I just bought a new range on a July 4th sale and could only wish I had the money to get a double wall oven like Greg's, but they cost between $2,000 - $3,000 in just a regular ordinary brand, nothing fancy, and that's at the Home Depot, not some high priced store.  The cooktop would cost another $3-$400 or more.  So I consider it an achievement, especially for a person Greg's age.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Karen and Myles - Jasmine and Will 2.0. As sweet as Miles is, I get the feeling that Karen will not be impressed with him. I get the vibe that she wants an older man (mid 30s) with a lucrative career. She was very specific about age so I don't know why the experts chose to ignore that. Myles works in a school which is likely not a lucrative career choice in Louisiana. Unfortunately, I think many women look down on men working in the education field (remember Meka/Michael). He also mentioned having two degrees, and wanting to go for a third. I think at his age (only 26), he is probably still undecided on his career. He seems a bit idealistic at this moment and probably should have waited a few years before getting married.

Amelia and Bennett - This impending disaster is on Dr. Pepper, she conjured up some fairy tale where Amelia will be Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and Bennett will be a fun loving stay at home dad. Matching two "artsy" folks does NOT automatically mean attraction. I think Amelia's bohemian appearance is just that, an appearance. The similarities likely end there. She put herself through medical school and he drives a pedicab and lives in a DIY tiny house with no running water! Medical school in the US only happens with laser focused determination. Bennett seems like a drifter with not much ambition in life other than to enjoy the moment. Having gone to medical school, the people she has been around for the last few years have all been overachievers and she will likely not be impressed with him. 

Amani and Woody - I like Woody but I think he may be in it for the attention. The fact that he shows up with his best friend to the casting seems a bit off putting. Unlike hopeless romantic Myles, I distrust Woody a bit more because he just seems more experienced and perhaps a bit of player. He also seems very eccentric and Amani appears to be more conservative. IMO, she would have been be better matched with a more serious guy like Greg from the prior season in NC.

Christina and Henry - Henry is awkwardly shy and gives off a very nervous energy. I think his friends dragged him onto the show because they think he is a good catch who is always friend zoned, which is a shame because I think he is better looking than he realizes. Christina appears to be have lived some through some trauma, maybe a bad relationship. I get the feeling that she is expecting a tall strong man and may not be attracted to geeky boy next door Henry. Christina appears to be tall and I think Henry might not be attracted to her as he specifically said he liked petite woman and he looks to be a bit short himself.

Olivia and Brett - I think the experts really did Olivia dirty here. She is a quirky fun living cat lady who loves Karaoke. She is the perfect match for geeky guitar playing Henry! They would have been the next Jessica and Austin. But of course they match her with douchebag Brett who thinks he is so good looking (and IMO is the least attractive male this season with his weird face/nose). I don't think he will like her physically, he wants a hot babe a la Zack. Brett may go down as one of the worst participants, down there with Matt, Luke and Zack. 

These are all my first impressions of these folks, of course these will change as we learn more about them. If I were to guess, I think Olivia/Brett are a definite divorce, the rest might have a chance if I am wrong on my assumptions. 

• Love 4
On 7/9/2020 at 9:39 AM, cardigirl said:

I'm also pretty suspicious of this Henry and his DEAR FRIEND Kristen. UGH. No thanks to that. If I were a new bride and there was this rather attractive woman already attached to my husband's hip, I'd have SERIOUS doubts. Not sure why the experts don't.  And why were there women at a bachelor party anyway?  I get that they are his friends, but for goodness sakes.  I smell producer-driven drama.  

My theory is that Henry is one of those guys with a million female friends because they all friend zoned him. They all think he is a great catch for someone else. Now that he is in his mid 30s, they want him married ASAP, so they dragged him on this show.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, configdotsys said:

People love to talk up their jobs. A school administrator can be someone who works in the business office doing accounts payable. Or someone who coordinates after school programs or any other of the dozens of administrative type positions.

I thought I watched both shows and don't remember anything rantworthy other than the incomplete explanation of that behind the door comment and "For the first time in MAFS history," which was overly dramatic and made no sense to me.

He certainly could be any of those things, but he implied he works with kids and that kind of administrative job is not typically available to 26 year olds.  

It was the production's response to the behind the door comment that riled me 😄 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Yeah, it's a choice that costs twice as much as a single oven - out of reach or not justifiable to most people.  And I just bought a new range on a July 4th sale and could only wish I had the money to get a double wall oven like Greg's, but they cost between $2,000 - $3,000 in just a regular ordinary brand, nothing fancy, and that's at the Home Depot, not some high priced store.  The cooktop would cost another $3-$400 or more.  So I consider it an achievement, especially for a person Greg's age.

The ovens may have been there when Greg bought the house. I don't ever remember Greg saying during their season that one of his hobbies is cooking and baking. I would think that to drop that kind of cash on double ovens, one would be pretty invested in using them and that would have come out in the show. Did he ever mention one of his hobbies was cooking? 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

The ovens may have been there when Greg bought the house. I don't ever remember Greg saying during their season that one of his hobbies is cooking and baking. I would think that to drop that kind of cash on double ovens, one would be pretty invested in using them and that would have come out in the show. Did he ever mention one of his hobbies was cooking? 

I've never heard him mention it, but on one episode of something (I think couples' cam) he cooked a meal and it did look like he knew his way around a kitchen.  I'm one of those home cooks that notices and remembers these things about people, LOL.  I also remember thinking how nice it was that those ovens probably got some use.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, princelina said:

He certainly could be any of those things, but he implied he works with kids and that kind of administrative job is not typically available to 26 year olds.  

It was the production's response to the behind the door comment that riled me 😄 

I'm trying to figure out what kind of "administrative job" in education works with kids. I've worked in many schools and working with kids is not an administrative job unless you are a school psychologist. Department chairs, division heads, registrar, bursar, etc., and other administrative positions do not work with kids directly, they work on curriculum, policy, finance, and so on for the school as a whole and need at least a few years of full time teaching under their belt before applying for an admin type job.

Office personnel like attendance secretary and admin assistants to higher administrators typically do not work with students either unless a student comes in with a question about their schedule or something but using that logic, a janitor in a school can say that they work with kids because, well, they're around kids all day. Sure some higher admins may teach a single class or interact with the kids in small ways but they do not "work with kids" in the way that you think when you think of a school environment.  Even if he's a curriculum coordinator, that is a position that interacts with faculty, not students. His age tells me that his "school administrator" title is puffery.

I just did a Google search to see if there was any info on what he actually does for a living. All of the blurbs say that he loves working with children and young adults and is passionate about education but nothing says he works in a school. One page said this about Miles: "a 26-year-old who works with youth from Spartanburg, SC." I've never heard a teacher or school admin described that way. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, TVJunkee said:

When it comes to this show, I'm cautiously optimistic. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

I'm trying to figure out what kind of "administrative job" in education works with kids. I've worked in many schools and working with kids is not an administrative job unless you are a school psychologist. Department chairs, division heads, registrar, bursar, etc., and other administrative positions do not work with kids directly, they work on curriculum, policy, finance, and so on for the school as a whole and need at least a few years of full time teaching under their belt before applying for an admin type job.

Office personnel like attendance secretary and admin assistants to higher administrators typically do not work with students either unless a student comes in with a question about their schedule or something but using that logic, a janitor in a school can say that they work with kids because, well, they're around kids all day. Sure some higher admins may teach a single class or interact with the kids in small ways but they do not "work with kids" in the way that you think when you think of a school environment.  Even if he's a curriculum coordinator, that is a position that interacts with faculty, not students. His age tells me that his "school administrator" title is puffery.

I just did a Google search to see if there was any info on what he actually does for a living. All of the blurbs say that he loves working with children and young adults and is passionate about education but nothing says he works in a school. One page said this about Miles: "a 26-year-old who works with youth from Spartanburg, SC." I've never heard a teacher or school admin described that way. 

He may work for a federal or state funded program for disadvantaged or learning disabled kids.  I once got a job in such a program in a community college doing counseling, but I think they also have them on the K-12 level in varying capacities that range from clerical all the way up to director.  My SIL worked in a NY State program called BOCES for handicapped kids.  She needed zero education (didn't even have a college degree) but her job was difficult.  She even had both her sons working in it for a while.  Both jobs pay little money but you can carry around a pretty inflated administrative title despite that.  Both are good experience for bigger and better administrative positions in Education if you get advanced degrees.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

29 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

He may work for a federal or state funded program for disadvantaged or learning disabled kids.  I once got a job in such a program in a community college doing counseling, but I think they also have them on the K-12 level in varying capacities that range from clerical all the way up to director.  My SIL worked in a NY State program called BOCES for handicapped kids.  She needed zero education (didn't even have a college degree) but her job was difficult.  She even had both her sons working in it for a while.  Both jobs pay little money but you can carry around a pretty inflated administrative title despite that.  Both are good experience for bigger and better administrative positions in Education if you get advanced degrees.

Yeah but titles in state programs wouldn't be "school administrator" - that really refers to a principal/vice-principal job.  Which I would be surprised if he is because of his age.  If he directs before and after school programs like Michael did, he might call himself a director but not an administrator (if he were being truthful and accurate that is).  If he were a school psychologist he would say so.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, princelina said:

Yeah but titles in state programs wouldn't be "school administrator" - that really refers to a principal/vice-principal job.  Which I would be surprised if he is because of his age.  If he directs before and after school programs like Michael did, he might call himself a director but not an administrator (if he were being truthful and accurate that is).  If he were a school psychologist he would say so.

When I had my counseling position my title was "Assistant Director" and it was considered an administrative position so I could see stretching that to say you're a "school administrator" even when we know that's a real stretch.  The titles are often given to distinguish positions based on where they fit on an org. chart more than any indication of what the actual job function is or the salary.  I've worked in both education and the corporate world and they are very different.  It's especially different in government programs.  I think we had this discussion before with another MAFS participant from a previous season who worked for the gov't. and seemed to have a very inflated job title considering what they actually did or how much money they made.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

When I had my counseling position my title was "Assistant Director" and it was considered an administrative position so I could see stretching that to say you're a "school administrator" even when we know that's a real stretch.  The titles are often given to distinguish positions based on where they fit on an org. chart more than any indication of what the actual job function is or the salary.  I've worked in both education and the corporate world and they are very different.  It's especially different in government programs.  I think we had this discussion before with another MAFS participant from a previous season who worked for the gov't. and seemed to have a very inflated job title considering what they actually did or how much money they made.

That's what it is. It is the stretching that is annoying to me. There is no shame in any job! 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

That's what it is. It is the stretching that is annoying to me. There is no shame in any job! 

In fact, many of these “shameful” jobs are more honorable.  

Really, they shouldn’t have these matchmaking shows because they only reveal how silly and superficial the matching is.

6 minutes ago, configdotsys said:

• Love 1
(edited)

Brett has emerged from under a slimy rock to be Season 11's villain.

Gathered among the previous posts: his physical attributes include unfortunate nostrils/face, his gym built physique with no shoulders which could be overlooked if his arrogance and gall wasn't so off putting.

Rebounding from a broken engagement, Brett goes on a tear of 45 dates and while he sees that as an braggable achievement,  it is acting out with revenge sexual conquests to make him feel better for getting dumped and his loss of The One.

He definitely was approached by producers to be cast from the dating apps.

He wasn't on any track to look for another wife...he was looking to f*ck quantities of women. His massive ego was piqued and now he is a basic cable teevee star.

Unfortunately, MAFS has given him a camera crew to film him acting out on his worst and selfish instincts with Olivia as the unwitting victim.

Hopefully, Olivia will take a wooden bat to Imma Pepper, Viv and Cal when this crappy match goes up in flames.

Is it typical of 35 year old men to really keep their "connoisseur" sneakers at the foot of their bed?

Who brings their shoes into the bedroom anymore? Must be a personal choice. Like Ashley keeping her shoes in the kitchen cabinets.

Tolstoy placement was laughable. Even Pepper rolled her eyes.

His feigned reaction when Shorty pawed his condoms was predictable.

You would think Playboy Brett would have the Costco size box like Keith (Iris' hubs) or in a handy display case on a roller like lottery scratch offs.

Brett will need to get STD testing immediately before lining up at the alter with the officiant to make sure he doesn't squeak in another sex partner in the night before/morning of his wedding and give false negatives.

When Olivia finds out  about the 45 dates germ and virus soup he's dipped his peen and mouth into...  she needs to demand for STD retesting plus Hepatitis A,B,C, D, E HIV/AIDS, HPV. The whole kit and caboodle.

Brett needs to get blood drawn, orifices swabbed, all open sores examined and given a clean bill of health but even with that he could be cheating on the side. 

Olivia should just stick to handshakes.

Olivia legs and mouth shut. Danger girl.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • LOL 3
On 7/10/2020 at 9:38 AM, endure said:

Did anyone else notice, I think it was Olivia, her neck in one of the interview sessions?  

Yes, it looked like a rash such as eczema or psoriasis, or burn scars.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I also remember a similar conversation about what kind of a scientist Taylor was 😄   But I've only worked in private/public schools so this is the only title I'm going to weigh in on - and I'll be amazed if, when we find out what he does, it qualifies as a school administrator in any way.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Who brings their shoes into the bedroom anymore? Must be a personal choice. Like Ashley keeping her shoes in the kitchen cabinets.

I have a lot of shoes and they are all in my bedroom (closet) except for whichever ones are currently on my feet. Why is keeping shoes in the bedroom bad?

• Love 9

When you see how the experts come to their decisions it is pretty scary, when they ignore deal breakers like age, having/not having kids, income, and preferred "type". Going on a whim with their personal favorites seems so wrong. There have been a few cases where the participants were not attracted to their partners initially but generally it helps a LOT and gives a reason for them to try and get to know the other person and to try to get it to work. Some of these couples could really be train wrecks, ala the Australia version.  Still will watch of course.  They pretty much have us as a captive audience!

• Love 4