Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 - The Matchmaking Special

• Start Topic

On 7/11/2020 at 10:47 AM, humbleopinion said:

When Olivia finds out  about the 45 dates germ and virus soup he's dipped his peen and mouth into...  she needs to demand for STD retesting plus Hepatitis A,B,C, D, E HIV/AIDS, HPV. The whole kit and caboodle.

Wasn't Brett the one who mentioned being a sex on the third date type of guy? I have a friend who was a sex on the third to fifth date type of person in the before times. It wasn't uncommon for her to have 2-3 dates a week w/ different guys she met on the apps. Over a six month period of time she might easily go on 45 dates while only actually having sex with 2 or 3 guys because she didn't have a 3rd, 4th, or 5th date with most of those guys. Brett may be less discerning about who he sleeps with. But, I imagine some of those 45 women  may have found him off putting, or just not someone with whom they chose to have sex. Hence the need to date so many women in a year.

On 7/11/2020 at 11:12 AM, princelina said:

I also remember a similar conversation about what kind of a scientist Taylor was 😄   But I've only worked in private/public schools so this is the only title I'm going to weigh in on - and I'll be amazed if, when we find out what he does, it qualifies as a school administrator in any way.

From what I've read, post-Katrina many schools in New Orleans are charter schools. In my area charter schools are staffed and even led by young people. Staff don't necessarily need the same credentials they would in traditional public schools. Once upon a time I was Miles' age and planning a career in school administration. My official job title was teacher. However, my principal assigned me a few administrative tasks each month so that I could gain experience. As a Teach for America alumna, I knew folks who secured their first administrative position in their mid to late twenties. So, it's possible that Miles is a school administrator. Just like it's possible that  Miles has a position that includes some administrative tasks and thinks school administrator sounds more mature or impressive than his actual job title. 

Edited by RaeSpellman
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, RaeSpellman said:

But, I imagine some of those 45 women  may have fond him off putting, or just not someone with whom they chose to have sex. Hence the need to date so many women in a year.

The snark bait is he put an exact number on it. Not 44, not 46 but 45 different women he dated since the break up of his engagement after his fiance cheated on him...twice.

Brett is capable of being Mr. Right as shown with his stellar husbandry...up to the last night of the honeymoon.

He could have reacted with humor about the 7 like he did about the discrepancy of salaries but he was irked.

Why Oliv insist she must call her mother every day and see Heather and Jo every day, wouldn't the 3 important people in her life would be happy if Brett was fulfilling her emotional needs?

Then Olivia went into how if work is overly demanding that day she would zombie into the shower then bed.... which made him question if he was to be considered at all in her schedule or he would be waiting around like a chump to see which way the wind blew...

His stubborn unwillingness to just spout out a filmable answer to the producer induced question about what was their plan once they got back to NOLA was intended to irritate Liv and to prevent honeymoon sex.

Am sure this was edited with a heavy hand but she was pissed when she bolted out of the camera shot.

• Love 2

Charter school administrator that makes sense at 26 in a city like New Orleans.

On 7/19/2020 at 8:09 PM, Lindz said:

I get gay vibes from Miles. His earrings, energy, & posture aren't masculine. 

A lot of gay guys are very masculine. I don't think that the gay football players seem to be very feminine.  Anyway I don't get a gay vibe from Miles but he is more in touch with the feminine side of his personality perhaps? I just know there can be a difference between gay and masculine.

On 7/20/2020 at 12:18 AM, Lindz said:

WHERE is Henry's personality? His first before pic wasn't even bad. Why didn't his parents build his confidence?? Are they even going to be at the wedding? The failures. He seems to need a lot of work to even be a bf, but eh. His future wife is crying about not getting flowers. So. She's not much better. Hoping for a double chin win! 😂

There is something called temperament. You can see the difference in babies temperament, some more fearful others are bolder and it's already wired in. Some of the temperament tests are done the first day of birth.  I don't even know if Henry's personality is really called lack of confidence.  Clearly he is not assertive and he knows it and I don't know that he has a problem with that. I think Henry is pretty accepting of his personality.  I know most people expect a man to be very assertive.  Henry just needs to be matched with a woman who has a take charge personality and understands that she needs a man that does not have a take charge personality. I seen this match work very well when everyone stays in their lane.

5 hours ago, RaeSpellman said:

From what I've read, post-Katrina many schools in New Orleans are charter schools. In my area charter schools are staffed and even led by young people. Staff don't necessarily need the same credentials they would in traditional public schools. Once upon a time I was Miles' age and planning a career in school administration. As a Teach for America alumna, I knew folks who secured their first administrative position in their mid to late twenties. So, it's possible. Just like it's possible that  Miles thinks school administrator sounds more mature or impressive than whatever he actually does. Now, I really want to know what he actually does.  

• Love 1