Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (Australia) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Gypsy Blue said:

She got a bad deal with her partner the first round, but even before she was matched, she drove me crazy.  The clownish makeup and clothes, the over-the-top behavior, all was just too much.

She toned it down a lot in her second show, and I started to like her, but she was still all up in everyone's business all the time.  The first dinner party she showed up to, she immediately launched into asking everyone for gossip on all the couples.  Why?

The one thing I've never liked about the Australian version was how the couples were all in each others' business all the time, to the point of demanding it was their right to know intimate details of everyone's lives.  It's more of a dating show than married at first sight.  I guess partially because they aren't actually married.

Anyway, yeah she was a train wreck from the beginning, and it had nothing to do with her body type.

I watched the second season she was on first and I didn't like her the second time either!  I just get a really inauthentic vibe from her.  She did tone her look way down though which was a major improvement!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I wonder if Liz will return for the next season? 

Is another season in the works?  Given that Australia is really having problems managing the virus, I don't see it happening this year, at the very least.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

MES AMIS!!!

ENTIRE SEASONS & EPISODES, INCLUDING 2021's SEASON 8, of MAFS: AUSTRALIA CAN BE VIEWED ON.....

shvideos.net

I'm right now on Season 8, Episode 3! 

I plan to watch earlier seasons afterwards!

Season 8 is a an epic shit show! I loved it. I watched it and the earlier seasons on the website too. 
I’ve been watching A Farmer Wants a Wife on Hulu this week. It’s fun to see the farms and bush areas in Australia. 

18 minutes ago, scorp01 said:

Cannot stand Olivia.  That is all.

Her demeanor sure has changed since the beginning of the show!  I loved her at first, she seemed so sweet, but wow, she's shown a really ugly side.  Jackson is going to be done with her.  And why as she telling his friends how petty she is?  That's nothing to brag about.  "I still hate girls from pre-school".  So immature.  

5 minutes ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Her demeanor sure has changed since the beginning of the show!  I loved her at first, she seemed so sweet, but wow, she's shown a really ugly side.  Jackson is going to be done with her.  And why as she telling his friends how petty she is?  That's nothing to brag about.  "I still hate girls from pre-school".  So immature.  

I didn't really pay attention to Olivia and Jackson before, because their syrupy sweetness was pretty boring.  If they're trying appear more interesting or get more airtime, they're going about it the wrong way.  Olivia is awful and if Jackson stays with her after seeing all this firsthand, he deserves her.  

I totally agree that I don't understand why Olivia thinks preening about how petty she is and how she holds grudges is something to brag about to anyone, let alone people you just met.  Just proves how ugly she is on the inside.  Olivia 100% dug up dirt on Dom to be malicious and shame Dom.  For Olivia to claim it wasn't that...ugh she makes my blood boil.  Her stupid smirky face makes me want to smack it.  Multiple times.

The rest of the group (except for Ella and Mitch) is no better either.  Tamara needs to shut her trap too.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorp01 said:

I didn't really pay attention to Olivia and Jackson before, because their syrupy sweetness was pretty boring.  If they're trying appear more interesting or get more airtime, they're going about it the wrong way.  Olivia is awful and if Jackson stays with her after seeing all this firsthand, he deserves her.  

I totally agree that I don't understand why Olivia thinks preening about how petty she is and how she holds grudges is something to brag about to anyone, let alone people you just met.  Just proves how ugly she is on the inside.  Olivia 100% dug up dirt on Dom to be malicious and shame Dom.  For Olivia to claim it wasn't that...ugh she makes my blood boil.  Her stupid smirky face makes me want to smack it.  Multiple times.

The rest of the group (except for Ella and Mitch) is no better either.  Tamara needs to shut her trap too.

I hadn't watched the most recent episode when I posted before.  I just watched it!  Olivia is diabolical.  She paid to get that photo, you don't just google and someone's only fans photos come up.  She was digging deep to find info on Domenica.  And the way the rest of the women behaved was rotten too.  Why didn't anyone go to Dom and tell her what was going on?  Dom has never been a favorite of mine, but nobody deserves to be humiliated like that. 

• Love 1
On 3/16/2022 at 7:37 PM, greeneyedscorpio said:

This is where I'm watching it.  https://southhemitv.com/2021/12/30/season-9/

ETA: sorry, not that it really matters but I didn't read correctly.  Watching it via the link posted above by LennieBriscoe: https://shvideos.net/tag/married-at-first-sight-au-season-9/

I rewatched the last episode and it still makes my blood boil.  I can't believe none of the other women who saw the photo(s) thought to reach out to Dom beforehand?  Has Olivia brainwashed everyone so badly that none of them consider themselves Dom's friend?  Nobody sees through Olivia's bullshit?!?!  I just don't get it.    

Edited by scorp01

I just watched the latest episode (9x30) and I find myself fast forwarding through all the Olivia and Jackson moments.  I just can't take them anymore.  Initially I thought Jackson was tolerable but how can he sit through all Olivia's bs and not say anything critical about her behavior?  Unless there are MASSIVE amounts of things the producers are hiding about Domenica and how she's treated the other participants, I don't see how Olivia and Jackson can be seen as anything but toxic (her) and a simp (him).

Olivia's bitchy, snarky comments and the crocodile tears that come out when things don't go her way are just exhausting at this point.  She can't even take a 24-hour separation from Jackson?  That's unhealthy.  I can't stand to look at her or hear any more words come out of her stupid, matte lipstick covered pie hole.

Edited by scorp01

I'm on the west coast of the US and I accidentally watched the first episode. I would rather marry an orangutan than any of these people. Maybe Selin and Anthony will get through.

• Love 3
On 3/16/2022 at 8:29 PM, Racj82 said:

Oh snap. They airing Australia on lifetime again starting the 30th of this month. Looks like it might be the current season running.

Hi Everyone .. I taped Australia last night and am watching the first episode now.  Nice first couple.  Love this show!

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Hi Everyone .. I taped Australia last night and am watching the first episode now.  Nice first couple.  Love this show!

yeah, the first couple seemed like nice people who will get along.

that second bride? yuck.  i couldn't really hear her discourse on the correct fork but that was ridiculous. he wasn't eating with his fingers or slurping soup. relax ugly lady

and she thinks she's something special?  

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, cinsays said:

yeah, the first couple seemed like nice people who will get along.

that second bride? yuck.  i couldn't really hear her discourse on the correct fork but that was ridiculous. he wasn't eating with his fingers or slurping soup. relax ugly lady

and she thinks she's something special?  

You are right.  He’s stuck with a pretentious pain in the ass.  Not a good start.

• Love 3

Tamara is the worst. Poor Brent. When he said he worked in a nightclub, I thought she was going to walk out. What an uppity bitch. And her friend, just giggled at every stupid/mean/condescending thing Tamara said. I would have been disgusted if my friend treated someone like that.

I like Selin and Anthony. I thought it was quite cute that both their moms had cast/bandages on their arms. They have a bit in common, including that! 

• Love 3

First episode was perrrrrfect.  They've given us a lovely couple to root for AND a villain we can all agree to loathe.

Wow, the many ways in which Tamara rationalizes her astonishingly rude behavior:

"I'm naturally judgy, <giggle giggle> but I'm working on it."

"I wear the pants in any relationship."

"When I'm right, you need to do it my way.  And I'm always right."

I'm so glad Brent didn't fold and apologize for the knife when she demanded he take responsibility for the 27th time.   Way to highjack your wedding over something stupid, Tamara.  (Actually, I checked and the knife was not upside down.)  Brent's already demonstrated much more patience than I would have.  He's an incredibly good sport to keep a stiff upper lip and insist he likes a woman who gives a little pushback.  Yikes.  MY first impression is that she's a rude, over-bearing, self-absorbed mean girl.

I love (this version of) this show.

• Love 6

I got a kick out of seeing the photo of Brent and Will Smith, which was taken in Dubai. I am curious to know if it was included in Australia's introduction or if someone found it within the last few days and thought it would be a fun fact.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Both the first two Australia wedding gowns were beautiful.  As disgusting is Tamara is (and full of herself) she wore that form fitting gown beautifully.  Selena's was a little see-through but the fit and the embellishments were so pretty.  Can't wait to see the rest although I don't know why they always get married in these isolated places where they have to hike to the altar.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TVJunkee said:

Both the first two Australia wedding gowns were beautiful.  As disgusting is Tamara is (and full of herself) she wore that form fitting gown beautifully.  Selena's was a little see-through but the fit and the embellishments were so pretty.  Can't wait to see the rest although I don't know why they always get married in these isolated places where they have to hike to the altar.  

Dramatic effect. 

I think Tamara and Brent did everything the producers asked them to do. She couldn’t keep a straight face and Brent seemed like he was playing along as well. It seemed totally phony to me.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, UniqueHandle said:

Tamara is the worst. Poor Brent. When he said he worked in a nightclub, I thought she was going to walk out. What an uppity bitch. And her friend, just giggled at every stupid/mean/condescending thing Tamara said. I would have been disgusted if my friend treated someone like that.

I like Selin and Anthony. I thought it was quite cute that both their moms had cast/bandages on their arms. They have a bit in common, including that! 

Don’t worry.  Seems like Brent has her number and it’s fun and games from now on.  She’s the type that has to be put in her place, and he seems like the guy to do it.

Btw, I’m continuing on last years MAFS, Australia thread.  I don’t know where the other posters are on.  Confusing.

3 hours ago, TVJunkee said:

A little diversity.. then there’s Covid too.  Very few people at the weddings, just parents.

(edited)

I’m confused.  How many sites are there to post on for Australia?  I am continuing on last years thread.  Where are the other posters?   Plus, I’m repeating myself.  Lol.

Edited by kristen111

I am really glad that Lifetime is airing MAFS Australia.  

Australians in the show are more down to earth and authentic.  They are more informal 5than Americans with a good sense of humor. More independent too.

The past few seasons of MAFS USA has been rife with pretentious, insecure, uptight peeps who are not ready for marriage (Alyssa come to mind).  It's a big yawn.

Or perhaps the Aussie matchmakers are more capable of pairing prospective spouses?

Either way, MAFS USA has been a bore for some time.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I’m confused.  How many sites are there to post on for Australia?  I am continuing on last years thread.  Where are the other posters?   Plus, I’m repeating myself.  Lol.

You're in the right place. Australia doesn't have a full forum like the US version so everything is discussed here.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, NotChristine said:

You're in the right place. Australia doesn't have a full forum like the US version so everything is discussed here.

Oh good.  Thanks for answering.  I thought I might be missing something.😀

13 hours ago, TVJunkee said:

[...] Can't wait to see the rest although I don't know why they always get married in these isolated places where they have to hike to the altar.  

The part that gets me is that the bride gamely hoofs it across the football field/meadow/woodland path to get to the wedding venue and when she finally hits the bridal runway . . . she just keeps right on stepping, straight up to the altar.  In US weddings, the bride is revealed and pauses while the music swells, everyone stands up, the groom beams. . .   It's an Entrance

• Love 3

I'm surprised there aren't any comments about this latest ep. Wow, Ella came on so strong. I don't think I've ever seen a person so overwhelmingly attracted to their match on MAFS before, and I've been watching the American version since the very beginning.

Mitch seemed overwhelmed and scared to me, despite his THs claiming he was so pleased with her. I kept thinking that Ella would do herself a favor to play it cool and tone down her over-eagerness quite a bit. She kept licking her lips/sticking out her tongue so often it was making me, the viewer, uncomfortable. I can only imagine how Mitch must've been feeling. I don't know what to make of Mitch just yet because he seems to be saying what he thinks he should be saying. Time will tell, I suppose. 

Thanks soooo much to whoever posted the shvideo link! I cannot imagine how Lifetime is gonna be able to air 36 episodes of this, we'd be waiting forever. 

I have been watching nonstop and it is just so, so good you guys. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, rlc said:

So. Many. Tattoos.

I am so distracted by them! Ella's back looks like a DaVinci Diagram, Domenica has a jar of Vegemite on her arm, but I am most perplexed by Sam's Tiger and those big letters across her tummy.

• Love 2

Season 9: I just binge-watched the entire season, all 37 episodes (that's how many were shown on Australian television)!

I'll  just note that I think groom Mitch resembles the late actor James Dean. 

On 4/8/2022 at 8:08 PM, butterbody said:

Thanks soooo much to whoever posted the shvideo link! I cannot imagine how Lifetime is gonna be able to air 36 episodes of this, we'd be waiting forever. 

I have been watching nonstop and it is just so, so good you guys. 

You're welcome! 😁

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 1

Mitch is soooo good looking. When Ella was putting on her makeup and he was behind her doing yoga poses in the shower, I was cracking up. I'm sure the Lifetime version won't be showing that butt.

I finished all the episodes this morning. Crazy all the twists and turns this season. I googled to see who was still together and 

Spoiler

More shocking twists! It appears they have pulled another switcheroo. Mitch has gotten with Tamara and Ella is dating Brent!

• Love 1

Well, bummer, I only have Episodes 1 and 2 via Directv.  (I get mad when shows expect me to read text conversations on cell phones, even on my 65" tv.  There's no way I can squint at a tiny screen for all those hours; I might as well get an ant farm.)

So here are my thoughts on Episode 2:

--Ella, put it back in your pants.  There she is, this beautiful doe-eyed pre-Raphaelite madonna figure, and she can't stop gawping about how hot her new husband is.  Rawwwwr.  <smacks her lips>

--Domenica deserves to be taken out back and shot.  She was married before?  The HORROR.  The Whore(r)!      /s

Seriously, is there anyone not rolling their eyes at the absurd lengths to which they amped that, er, "drama"?  A two-month marriage?  So what?  Around here, we call that a hiccup.  Say 'Excuse me' and carry on.

• Love 6

Duh .. I still don’t know where I am right now, or who is who.  Are there other threads too?  Anyhoo, I don’t get the bride who keeps talking about Texas.  So the groom is from Texas .. so what.  She’s 37 or 38.  Why so fussy?  Plus, sticking her nose in American politics?  Be quiet.  Why did they match a Cambodian girl with that groom.  He seems dissatisfied from the jump.  @ LennyBriscoe, where is the other thread with more comments?  I saw it for one minute, then this one.  I’m totally confused all around.

Oh, ok.  I was poking around and think this is the only thread for Australia.  Not too many are watching, and I wonder why.  I like it much better than the other crapola. The bridal gowns were prettier than Kleinfelds.  Lol.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Duh .. I still don’t know where I am right now, or who is who.  Are there other threads too?  Anyhoo, I don’t get the bride who keeps talking about Texas.  So the groom is from Texas .. so what.  She’s 37 or 38.  Why so fussy?  Plus, sticking her nose in American politics?  Be quiet.  Why did they match a Cambodian girl with that groom.  He seems dissatisfied from the jump.  @ LennyBriscoe, where is the other thread with more comments?  I saw it for one minute, then this one.  I’m totally confused all around.

Oh, ok.  I was poking around and think this is the only thread for Australia.  Not too many are watching, and I wonder why.  I like it much better than the other crapola. The bridal gowns were prettier than Kleinfelds.  Lol.

Yes, this is the only thread for the Australian  version. 

Also, switch things around. Would an American  bride necessarily be pleased getting a native Aussie as her groom? But be that as it may, that bride seems too focused on becoming a mother than she is on becoming a wife. 

The groom with the Asian bride reminds me of an actor, but danged if I can think of whom.

But I do know which actor blond beach boy  Mitch reminds me of: James Dean. It's the squint. 

• Love 2