Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

What does Paramount+ do if it has 600 drones and wants you to know about it's latest shows?

That was COOL but how come they didn't advertise their best show (well, behind Strange New Worlds), EVIL?

The live-action “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” and animated “Star Trek: Lower Decks” will do a crossover episode on Season 2 of “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds”, where Tawny Newsome (Ens. Beckett Mariner) and Jack Quaid (Ens. Brad Boimler) will make an appearance as their characters.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 7/23/2022 at 7:14 PM, AnimeMania said:

The live-action “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds” and animated “Star Trek: Lower Decks” will do a crossover episode on Season 2 of “Star Trek: Strange New Worlds”, where Tawny Newsome (Ens. Beckett Mariner) and Jack Quaid (Ens. Brad Boimler) will make an appearance as their characters.

The episode will have a mixture of live-action and animation.

https://trekmovie.com/2022/10/18/anson-mount-says-star-trek-strange-new-worlds-season-2-pushes-the-limits-of-the-genre/

Not sure what I think of this.  Could be good, but could be pretty bad.  Especially since they had such a great balance of things in season 1.

you can really find a lot more elbow room than you think, including playing with not just story, but genre. If you thought we took some big swings in season 1, and we did in a lot of different ways, we’re going for the rafters in season 2.

Anson Mount as Captain Pike
strange-new-worlds-pike-season-2.jpg
Rebecca Romijn as Lt. Commander Una Chin-Riley
strange-new-worlds-una-season-2.jpg
Ethan Peck as Captain Spock
strange-new-worlds-spock-season-2.jpg
Jess Bush as Nurse Christine Chapel
strange-new-worlds-chapel-season-2.jpg
Melissa Navia as Lt. Erica Ortegas
strange-new-worlds-ortegas-season-2.jpg
Babs Olusanmokun as Dr. Joseph M'Benga
strange-new-worlds-m-benga-season-2.jpg
Christina Chong as Lt. La'an Noonien-Singh
strange-new-worlds-la-an-season-2-1.jpg
Celia Rose Gooding as Cadet Nyota Uhura
strange-new-worlds-uhura-season-2.jpg

• Love 1

Pluto TV, which is owned by Paramount Global, will live FAST stream Strange New Worlds Season 1 for free beginning Thursday, April 20, 2023. For exact dates and times you will need a guide. With FAST streams you have no control of the episode, all you can do is "watch" at the time that it comes on, it will stream with commercials.

It is believed that the Strange New Worlds / Star Trek: Lower Decks crossover will be episode 7.

Edited by AnimeMania
On 4/17/2023 at 3:16 PM, AnimeMania said:

Pluto TV, which is owned by Paramount Global, will live FAST stream Strange New Worlds Season 1 for free beginning Thursday, April 20, 2023. For exact dates and times you will need a guide. With FAST streams you have no control of the episode, all you can do is "watch" at the time that it comes on, it will stream with commercials.

It is believed that the Strange New Worlds / Star Trek: Lower Decks crossover will be episode 7.

A retro experience for a retro show! 😎

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 1 Soundtrack (29 tracks) releases digitally on Friday, April 28, 2023.
star-trek-strange-new-worlds-season-1-so

1. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Main Title Theme) – Jeff Russo (1:51)
2. Everyone Wants a Piece of the Pike (3:50)
3. Put a T’Pring On It (2:56)
4. Eyes on the Enterprise (4:42)
5. Home is Where the Helm Is (4:16)
6. Space Cadet (1:01)
7. Comet Away With Me (2:36)
8. Romancing the Comet (3:23)
9. M’hanit and Greet (7:00)
10. Since I First Saw the Stars (3:54)
11. A Holding Pattern (4:44)
12. Gorn With the Wind (5:29)
13. The Pike Maneuver (2:03)
14. Gorn But Not Forgotten (3:24)
15. Are You a Vulcan or a Vulcan’t? (2:59)
16. Spock Too Soon (2:03)
17. Chris Crossed (3:43)
18. Looking For Ascension in All the Wrong Places (3:04)
19. Ascent-ial Questions (2:01)
20. T’Pring It On (1:42)
21. Pirates in the Sky (2:54)
22. Will You Be My Vulcantine? (2:45)
23. Won’t You Be My Pirate? (3:38)
24. You’re My Mercury Stone (2:04)
25. Don’t Leave in Uhurry (2:54)
26. When the Hemmer Falls (4:09)
27. No One’s Ever Neutral About Spaghetti (2:53)
28. Throw Plasma from the Train (5:28)
29. Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (End Credits) – Jeff Russo (0:57)

(edited)

It would be easier for TPTB to do the opposite: animate the SNW cast and have them show up on Lower Decks. (Like the Deep Space Nine LD episode). Glad they did it this way, and that Mariner and Boimler are showing up on SNW and not Discovery, the later show is too self-serious to do a crossover like this justice.

Edited by marinw
4 hours ago, paigow said:

Is Lower Decks in TNG concurrent timeline? 

Slightly after it.  For example, there's an episode where they visit a post-Sisko DS9 and meet Kira (who is in charge of the station) and Quark (who now has a whole chain of Quarks across the galaxy).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, paigow said:

Another time travel / holodeck episode?

Gotta play the biggest hits, right?

And while we all knew this was going to be the case, I like how they're not even trying to pretend that Number One getting arrested will have any sort of impact.

It also looks like Spock had a lot more fun before Kirk became captain.  Always knew that guy was a killjoy.

(edited)

Sorry, but Paul Wesley is not giving me Kirk. He is giving me Jim Carey trying to be serious. Chris Pine is the master of being Kirk if you are not William Shatner.

Edited by marinw
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, marinw said:

Sorry, but Paul Wesley is not giving me Kirk. 

He should never have been on the show anyway... Fucking JJ Abrams put Pike, Kirk and Spock in the same crew... Goldsman thinks it is canon...

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
22 hours ago, paigow said:

He should never have been on the show anyway... Fucking JJ Abrams put Pike, Kirk and Spock in the same crew... Goldsman thinks it is canon...

I was more or less okay with Kirk being in the SNW season finale, since it was a time jump forward to when Prime Kirk canonically should have already had command of Enterprise and it explained why Pike has to get Piked. I'm not so okay with Kirk apparently being in season two. If they want to reboot TOS (which I feel like they kinda sorta do), then reboot TOS but don't call it SNW.

• Like 2

Before I even opened the spoiler, my AVG said a threat was detected and they're protecting me.  Which is probably why I don't see anything in the spoiler box.  The phishing threat came from trekcore. (whatever).  I don't know if AVG is over-reacting or if that site really is a phishing site. You be the judge.