Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Charity & Charly & Teretha

• Start Topic

In order to keep pace with her daughter Charly's impressive weight loss, Charity must do something she has never done: find a way to go it alone. Try as she might, Teretha finds one too many obstacle's in the way of continuing with Dr. Nowzardan's program.

It's a 3-fer!  Mother and daughter team, Charity and Charly, are back.  Charity had the epic butt wings.  Butt wings that looked like they could take flight, although given her weight, it would take a really strong tail wind.  Charly was on her way to Charity's size.  There was intrigue, shady/creepy relationships, and Charity ODing in the hospital.  Let's see what these crazy kids are up to now!

Teretha started at 700+ pounds and was bed bound.  Last we saw her, she was standing with the help of others; as in, there were two people holding her up.  

Where Are They Now? Where will they be by the end of the episode?  And, most importantly for all of them, how can we miss them if they won't go away?

This is the regular episode thread.  It will be open after the US East Coast showing.  

Original air date 2020.05.13

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Someone commenting on her teeth, I had to miss my usual cleaning. The tartar will be a horror show. Is still recovering from last week's butt wings.

• LOL 1

Why did Teretha even call Dr. Now?  That whole thing was completely pointless.  I would rather have watched more of Charity gumming her breakfast of eggs and vodka 

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
46 minutes ago, cynicat said:

Why did Teretha even call Dr. Now?  That whole thing was completely pointless.  I would rather have watched more of Charity gumming her breakfast of eggs and vodka 

But she's sticking to the diet and following the plan!!!  All that weight gain is a mystery.  It's all fluid (milkshakes, Slurpees, inhaled cans of whipped cream).  And let's not forget how the air is heavier there too.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Well, Charly looks like a future success story.  And there seems to be some hope at the end for her mother.   At least they seem to be going forward on their "journey."  (I am beginning to hate that word).  Miss T is on the fast train to going back past her starting point, and  she is almost totally bedridden again plus she's back on oxygen and I am sure her diabetes is a problem again.    2 hits and a miss for this WATN. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Well, Charly looks like a future success story.  And there seems to be some hope at the end for her mother.   At least they seem to be going forward on their "journey."  (I am beginning to hate that word).  Miss T is on the fast train to going back past her starting point, and  she is almost totally bedridden again plus she's back on oxygen and I am sure her diabetes is a problem again.    2 hits and a miss for this WATN.

I like that you have hope for her still. I need a success story.

Charley seemed like a success story, but not because of Dr Now. Ditching her day drinking, drug addicted, tattoo loving, compulsive eating mother did the trick. Too bad she didn’t leave at 18 and instead devoted another decade to her life stealing birth mother.

Teretha is in a downward spiral from which she cannot escape. Dr Now institutionalized her and she lost weight, but she doesn’t have the metabolism or fortitude to lose weight on her own. Loving her grandkids when they visit her bedside will be the final happiness in her short life.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Teretha was so incredibly frustrating. Another martyr who can’t take care of herself because she has to take care of her family. While immobile. And working her dying husband to the bone. There is no way for me to understand this “thought process.”

on the flip side, it was wonderful to watch Charly!

• Love 19
9 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Right near the end of this episode we get a flashback to when Charity had the greatest butt wings ever.  She is the reason the term butt wings was invented.  They are a marvel. 

Yes, with a flashback of her sister-loving fiancé at the time. Who are these men, or in that case, boys, who choose to be caregivers to the women?

41 minutes ago, Concerned said:

Charley seemed like a success story, but not because of Dr Now

Well, I think that is true for them all, but more so for some like Charley.  All of them are in some variety of dysfunction that they have to work through.  The WLS is only a tool, and it is only effective if they continue to pay attention to what and how much they eat.   It is a life long process, and a lot of them  will lose their commitment to it along the way.   Some will get back on track; others will go off the rails permanently and end up worse off than before. 

• Love 6
(edited)

There were remarks after the first episode from people who claimed to be Tony's (the fiance) family members that claimed that he was getting some annuity or something, and Charity was exploiting him for his money.     I can see selfish, mean Charity exploiting anyone she could.   Look how well Charly did when she escaped her mother?   

My guess is that Charity stopping driving all of those years ago had nothing to do with her weight, but was forced by the authorities.   

Sadly, my guess is that Charity's changes in stopping drinking, and changing her life are very temporary, and she'll soon be back where she was.  How interesting that the subject of the former fiance, who is now baby daddy to Charity's sister wasn't mentioned at all, except in flashbacks. . 

Here's an article from a few days ago, saying what's happening with Charity and Charly.    

https://www.distractify.com/p/charity-and-charly-my-600-lb-life-now

Teretha is still delusional.   The comments on her Facebook page are brutal, but they're the truth.  

https://www.distractify.com/p/teretha-my-600-lb-life-now

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, rlc said:

Yes, with a flashback of her sister-loving fiancé at the time. Who are these men, or in that case, boys, who choose to be caregivers to the women?

Maybe it beats getting a "real job". Besides what would that mouth breathing inbred do? I was beyond happy that Charly escaped and she wasn't dating the boyfriend/uncle/daddy! 😝

• Love 1
4 hours ago, cynicat said:

gumming her breakfast of eggs

I spit English breakfast tea on my keyboard. Is going to horrify the English by putting a mug in the microwave.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

According to the article above linked by CrazyInAlabama, Charity was diagnosed with kidney cancer, and had the kidney removed.  She wasn't at all likeable, but I do wish her the best.

Teretha was a waste of time, in every sense. She looked at least 30 years younger in that wig, though. Without it, she looks like her husband's slightly younger brother.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

You summed up my feelings about this episode.

Teretha got on my last nerve with her calm, intelligent voice and, initially, polite and compliant demeanor with Dr. Now. As the episode droned on it became more and more apparent that she is truly a selfish despicable liar. I was beyond disgusted when she finally got home from the rehab and remarked how so much better her husband looked. Yeah, you useless lump, he looked better because he got a well-deserved break from waiting on you hand, belly button, and foot.

Four years and nine months to almost get back to where she started; can't remember her starting weight but, according to Dr. Now, she was closing in on it.

Too funny that she just had to get back to her family, especially her grandkids, because they need her. The question is, for what?

Sad to say but I think that Teretha may be the next announced death from M600PL who chose to do it "her way." I just hope that she she doesn't take her sweet husband with her.

Edited by DC Gal in VA
Additional comments.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
(edited)

What a wasted hour and a half in this den of delusion, with only Charly as the dimmest light.

I thought for sure Teretha's husband was going to fall over dead when she was working him like a mule. I laughed mirthlessly when Teretha, sitting alone in a bed, insisted she was "too busy" to attend therapy appointments.

And Charity, trying mightily to manipulate her poor daughter while enjoying a vodka cran over breakfast? Oy.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

According to an article I found Teretha's starting weight was over 800 lbs.   She had surgery and eventually was down to 460, a loss of 340 lbs.   After her first loss, and before her first WATN she gained 30 lbs in one month.    They didn't tell her weight at the end of the WATN #1.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, cynicat said:

She called because she wanted the roux en y surgery.  I understand it; she likely stretched out her sleeve and wanted something more effective.  She just didn’t want it enough to do the pre-op work.  That was her complaint, that Dr N didn’t just give her the surgery when she decided she wanted it.  Very unlikable woman.  How can one be too busy to get a weight?  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

There were remarks after the first episode from people who claimed to be Tony's (the fiance) family members that claimed that he was getting some annuity or something, and Charity was exploiting him for his money.     I can see selfish, mean Charity exploiting anyone she could.   Look how well Charly did when she escaped her mother?   

My guess is that Charity stopping driving all of those years ago had nothing to do with her weight, but was forced by the authorities.   

Sadly, my guess is that Charity's changes in stopping drinking, and changing her life are very temporary, and she'll soon be back where she was.  How interesting that the subject of the former fiance, who is now baby daddy to Charity's sister wasn't mentioned at all, except in flashbacks. . 

Here's an article from a few days ago, saying what's happening with Charity and Charly.    

https://www.distractify.com/p/charity-and-charly-my-600-lb-life-now

Teretha is still delusional.   The comments on her Facebook page are brutal, but they're the truth.  

https://www.distractify.com/p/teretha-my-600-lb-life-now

Teretha is a healthy-eating advisor? Man, where do I get that job? I think I’d have slightly better advice with just as few credentials. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

According to an article I found Teretha's starting weight was over 800 lbs.   She had surgery and eventually was down to 460, a loss of 340 lbs.   After her first loss, and before her first WATN she gained 30 lbs in one month.    They didn't tell her weight at the end of the WATN #1.

She seriously looked like a human mattress when she joined the program. Let us hope she doesn’t regress that far. Sheesh. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Teretha is a healthy-eating advisor? Man, where do I get that job? I think I’d have slightly better advice with just as few credentials. 

She must subscribe to my mom's philosophy of "do as I say, not as I do"...

• LOL 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

She called because she wanted the roux en y surgery.  I understand it; she likely stretched out her sleeve and wanted something more effective.  She just didn’t want it enough to do the pre-op work.  That was her complaint, that Dr N didn’t just give her the surgery when she decided she wanted it.  Very unlikable woman.  How can one be too busy to get a weight?  

She didn’t do the pre-op work last time either, her weight loss was the result of being hospitalized and put on a strict controlled diet.  Despite all the vocal protests about how hard she was working I suspect she knew that any change in her weight was in the wrong direction.

Edited by ThereButFor
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 5/14/2020 at 5:39 PM, CousinOliver said:

How can one be too busy to get a weight?  

Well one can be frying chicken. In bed. And one can be folding laundry. In bed. And one can be ruining your spouse's life. In bed. That's one really busy schedule yanno. Whew exhausted me just typing that.

• LOL 13
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Well one can be frying chicken. In bed. And one can be folding laundry. In bed. And one can be ruining your spouse's life. In bed. That's one really busy schedule yanno. Whew exhausted me just typing that.

Don't forget @Chicklet that our dear Teretha remarked that the fried chicken was just fine to eat because it was "lean." 😮 Yes Teretha it "was" lean BEFORE you fried it!

Kinda brought back memories of the late, great, never to be forgotten James King and his unforgettable whine when Lisa said that rice wasn't on Dr. Now's prescribed diet and he answered "but it's fraaaahd!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 5/15/2020 at 7:05 PM, Chicklet said:

Was T the pounder that couldn’t stand her own smell while being bathed by her son and his gf? Also, charity talks about and treats  her daughter like an ex-bf, it’s freaking weird.

Edited by Bugfrey Von
(edited)

Charity reminds me of a dumped boyfriend that turns into a stalker.   The sad thing is that since they live in the same area, I'm sure Charity will find out where Charly works, and her address.   And since they're from that town originally, I'm sure people will help Charity track Charly down too.     The mother is an emotional vampire, who will never be independent.    I don't believe that Charity is sober either, or at least not for long.   

Who did Charity's hair, at the end of the episode?   It's a professional cut, because everything is very precise, but it's a terrible look.  

I was so proud of Charly telling her mother that she couldn't help her, and the mother is the only one that can change herself.   

I didn't even catch Teretha's final weight at the clinic, but I trust Dr. Now's great ability to figure that Teretha's weight must be in the 500's or higher.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
On 5/14/2020 at 12:59 AM, nokat said:

Was that her belly button? It was like a hole to hell.

Omg! I thought I was the only one that noticed that! It grossed me out! 

• Love 3

Teretha better make sure she accidentally doesn’t roll over onto one of those grandchildren  that are so important to her!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Charity's been sick lately.   I saw an article on one of the gossip sites, that said in December she was diagnosed with kidney cancer.   However, she says they waited until March to do surgery.    Do they really wait three or four months to do surgery like that?   

• Useful 1

Random thoughts:

• Charly looked soooo different from her weight loss after moving away, but her hair looked so much better dark.  As it is now, with the mousy color and not-so-great haircut, she looks like a mini-me version of her mom.  I wonder if she realizes that she's doing that. 
  • I did notice that when she cooked those eggs that she ate at her kitchen table, she ate them all in like 3 huge bites.  I guess some habits are hard to break, since I assume that she got so huge in the first place to a certain extent by taking enormous bites (and lots of them).
  • Unfortunately, it looked to me like by the time she met with her mom, that she had gained some weight...probably from the stress of potentially getting back into that hell with her mom.
  • Charity's obsessing about Charly was like what's-her-name's obsession with Jimmy.
  • Teretha was really, really, really delusional...she kept talking about the stress and strain of what she was doing, but she was doing literally nothing (oh, except all the 'straightening up' that she had to do, from bed, after she returned home from the care center and Derrick had messed everything up).  I can certainly see why she "hasn't had the chance to set up the psychotherapy appointments". 
  • She really showed Dr. Now, didn't she...she made so much progress that she progressed herself to needing oxygen.
  • Love 2